Party draft round 1

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In this tournament, you will have the opportunity to draft your SM OU team. Easiest way to explain is the following image:
(experimental format)

Player 1 will be the first person listed in the matchups, and Player 2 the second. The corresponding player will either ban a Pokemon from use (as in, neither player can use a banned Pokemon), or pick a Pokemon for their team (both players can pick the same Pokemon). This process should hopefully allow you to form strategies and respond to your opponent, which will maybe alleviate unlucky matchups.

Standard tournament rules and guidelines. Please schedule by VM. However, at the start of each round, I will PM each pair. Please draft in these PMs. A shortened example follows:

Code:
Me: Player 1 vs. player 2, draft in this PM.
Player 2: 1) Ban Landorus-T
Player 1: 2) Ban Magearna
Player 2: 3) Pick Ferrothorn
Player 1: 4) Pick Ferrothorn
          5) Pick Greninja
Player 2: 6) Pick Zygarde
(Include the number of the step you are on for extra clarity.)
So, no one is allowed to use either Landorus-T or Magearna, Player 1 has a team of Ferrothorn and Greninja, and Player 2 has a team of Ferrothorn and Zygarde. For the draft only, you may discuss with your friends; just keep in mind the round deadline. Drafts, as in the order of bans and picks, should not be considered private. That said, if I release drafts it will be everyone from the round, and after the round finishes.

The first round will last one week. Ideally, drafting takes place early in the week, when players don't need to be on at the same time. Then, in theory building sets should be relatively quick. After, games can be completed toward the end of the week.

Deadline Sunday November 5, 11:59 PM EST

R1
neomon vs. psychicmewtwo
Avaricity vs. Fille
Gyslexic Duy vs. HC
Capita_L vs. Will-I-am

Last edited:

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
Playing Sunday around 7PM GMT Sunday just posting here because we cool and like 1 guy may wanna watch also we the most active pairing indeed cool thanks

Obvs don't wanna ask for activity in a tour like this. But as you know opp's been super slow replying and hasn't even scheduled a day to play. Can't really hang around all day for himt o reply but will hopefully get it done today

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
that's fine since the drafting format is still very experimental. If it is easier, you can also schedule a separate time to meet on live chat and draft. I'll tentatively extend this round to Wednesday for now. Of course, I will still take activity in to account. Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)