Past Gens Analysis Reservation Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post. If this is in the incorrect part of the forums, please move it to to appropriate section.

I may be wrong, but I think GSC Raichu and Dugtrio have illegal movesets. Raichu's "Support" moveset here has both Encore and a slot for Reflect on the same moveset, while Dugtrio here has both Rock Slide and a slot for Beat Up on the same moveset.

I don't think this can be done without hacking as they each have a move that can only be learned in Gen 1 and transferred over with the Time Capsule (Reflect and Rock Slide) and a move that can only be learned through breeding (Encore and Beat Up).

i'll be happy to reserve a GSC UU gyarados analysis if it's not already taken. I've noticed it doesn't have an analysis in UU, and being a top Pokemon there, I'd love to give it a set that works there.

apokemontrainer68

Banned deucer.
I'm back and i have more experience with pokemon battling now so i decided that i should try making at least one good analysis
I would like to cover Pikachu for Gen 3 NU

I do not know if I am in the right place but I try: being a contributor on the French Bulbapedia (which is called Poképédia), I started to create, update and complete the lists of mons by tier and for all generations (a rather huge work). The lists are here: Uber, OU, UU, RU, NU, PU, NFE, BL and LC. I was obviously inspired by existing lists on Smogon and Showdown (to innovate I added a "trend" for each pokémon according to the generations, which is presented by an arrow: blue when it stays in his tier, red when he regresses, green when it increases). Having found a number of small errors or inconsistencies (between Smogon or Showdown for example), I submit here the list of these finds. It gives you time for the editors to correct, check or reclaim me if I make mistakes myself. I'm obviously focusing on older generations.

For Generation I, there is:
Sprite_1_r_093.png
Haunter is UU for Smogon but NFE for Showdown (it has no analysis yet);
• based on the UU viability rankings,
Sprite_1_r_120.png
Staryu,
Sprite_1_r_061.png
Poliwhirl and
Sprite_1_r_148.png
Dragonair would also be UU;
Sprite_1_r_035.png
Clefairy, a bit like Poipole or Type: Null in gen 7, is not eligible in LC because it is not obtainable at level 5 (so it is NFE);
• I guess it's not official but some recognize a "BL tier" and a NU tier at that time. Does Smogon dex have to take inspiration from that?
No problem for
Sprite_1_r_064.png
Kadabra and
Sprite_1_r_075.png
Graveler but they do not been analyzed yet.

For Generation II, there is:
• there is on Showdown a list of NU mons (which does not exist on Smogon, considered by default as UU). It would be an official format: should it be created on Smogon? The list of NU in 2G is here;
Sprite_2_c_093.gif
Haunter and
Sprite_2_c_025.gif
Pikachu are UU for Smogon but NFE for Showdown (but they are top tiers in NU according to this viability rankings);
• based on this same VRs,
Sprite_2_c_204.gif
Pineco,
Sprite_2_c_117.gif
Seadra,
Sprite_2_c_075.gif
Graveler, Gloom and Porygon would also be NU.
No problem for
Sprite_2_c_113.gif
Chansey and
Sprite_2_c_064.gif
Kadabra but they do not been analyzed yet.

For Generation III, there is:
• according to this list of PU, we would have as top tiers Dragonair and Sealeo (so far no problem). And in the banlist of this tier (the NU so, I make the list here), there is including
Sprite_3_r_063.png
Abra and
Sprite_3_r_050.png
Diglett (so we must also consider them as NU on Smogon);
Sprite_3_r_064.png
Kadabra is BL as Alakazam (so it is totally unusable). Should we unban this mon in UU?
No problem for Chansey, Wynaut, Wartortle, Golbat, Poliwhirl, Weepinbell, Dragonair, Quilava, Magby, Grovyle, Sealeo and Metang but they do not been analyzed yet.

For Generation IV, there is:
Sprite_4_d_360.png
Wynaut would apparently be allowed in LC (Smogon does not indicate it). Should we unban this mon in OU?
Sprite_4_d_112_f.png
Rhydon is NU for Smogon but NFE for Showdown (it has no analysis yet);
Sprite_4_d_328.png
Trapinch is NU for Smogon but only LC for Showdown;
• did
Sprite_4_d_263.png
Zigzagoon have Gluttony at that time (Smogon does not mention it)?
• did
Sprite_4_d_431.png
Glameow have Keen Eye at that time (I think that's a mistake)?
Sprite_4_o_172t.png
Spiky-eared Pichu is special because it can not evolve: it is neither LC nor NFE but NU (as does Showdown). Should we create a specific analysis for this form (even if it's gimmick)?
No problem for Kadabra and Misdreavus but they do not been analyzed yet.

I will talk about other generations later (where there is a lot to say). To simplify greatly these small inconsistencies, I propose the creation of NFE and LC Uber on Smogon dex (so we will have all the pokémon categorized and it will avoid errors). I hope in any case do not speak a too bad English :)

Last edited:
While waiting for one or more answers (it can wait several weeks, there is nothing urgent), I post now my remarks for the last two generations:

For Generation V, there is:
• some mons at that time had unreleased abilities (I found a list here) and all have in their Smogon analysis a section called "Unreleased" (which no longer exists in subsequent generations). However there are contradictory situations: Serperior for example recence Contrary in the abilities but on the contrary Feraligatr does not show Sheer Force. I have two proposals: either we do not indicate these nonexistent abilities, or we indicate them by crossing them (as does Showdown), like this "Contrary";
• as Arena Trap has been retroactively banned from the OU,
Sprite_5_n_051.png
Dugtrio must descend to NU. On the other hand I am not for the suppression of the analysis now obsolete but for archiving (as it should have been the case for Pheromosa in OU SM or for Trapinch in PU ORAS);
• as Snow Warning has been retroactively banned from the UU,
abomasnow.gif
Abomasnow must descend to NU;
• as
carvanha.gif
Carvanha has been retroactively unbanned, he must return in LC on Smogon (I am very much waiting for the analysis);
musharna.gif
Musharna is BL4 for Smogon but NU for Showdown. I guess it was banned from PU but it was not an official tier at the time (as much delete BL4 in BW);
monferno.gif
Monferno is nothing for Smogon but it's NU for Showdown. Nothing surprising, this monkey has always been good in the worst tiers;
servine.gif
Servine is NU for Smogon but it is certainly an error (Serperior is already in this tier) and without Contrary, this mon is totally useless and is therefore a vulgar NFE;
whirlipede.gif
Whirlipede is NU for Showdown but it is certainly an error and without Speed Boost, this mon is totally useless and is therefore a vulgar NFE (this time, Smogon is right);
• a considerable number of mons are NU for Smogon but NFE for Showdown: Magmar, Gothorita, Duosion and Klang;
• a considerable number of mons are NU for Smogon but only LC for Showdown: Pineco, Wynaut, Riolu and Frillish;
• on the contrary,
tentacool.gif
Tentacool is only LC but it has an analysis in NU (it is nevertheless in the same situation as the preceding ones: a LC mon that has a specific niche). I do not take into account the analyzes of Aron, Magikarp and Kakuna in the upper tiers (who are there for troll);
scraggy.gif
Scraggy is NU for Smogon but LC Uber for Showdown;
• based on the viability rankings of PU (I make the list here), we see that
bronzor.gif
Bronzor, Chinchou or Pupitar are perfectly playable mons (for the first it is even a top tier). Should not we create NU analyzes for these three mons (if they have a niche of course)?

No problem for
excadrill.gif
Excadrill but I am very much waiting for the analysis in OU.

For Generation VI, there is:
jellicent.gif
Jellicent is RU but it's categorized as NU on Smogon (this is certainly an error);
• as Arena Trap has been retroactively banned from the OU,
dugtrio.gif
Dugtrio must descend to PU (noted that Trapinch's analysis was also deleted);
• a (very) considerable number of mons are PU for Smogon but NFE for Showdown: Wartortle, Pikachu (it has no analysis yet), Weepinbell, Electabuzz, Dragonair, Vibrava, Dusclops, Servine, Whirlipede, Krokorok, Duosion, Klang, Fraxure, Zweilous, Quilladin, Frogadier (it has no analysis yet in PU) and Sligoo (same thing);
• a considerable number of mons are PU for Smogon but only LC for Showdown: Chinchou, Natu, Munchlax, Hippopotas and Venipede;
• on the contrary,
tentacool (1).gif
Tentacool,
onix.gif
Onix and
bronzor (1).gif
Bronzor are only LC but they have a analysis in PU (they are nevertheless in the same situation as the previous ones: LC mons who have a specific niche);
• same thing for
frillish.gif
Frillish but it does not have PU analysis (only in NU);
murkrow.gif
Murkrow is PU for Smogon but LC Uber for Showdown;
pikachu-cosplay.gif
Cosplay Pikachu is special because it can not evolve: it is not NFE but PU (as does Showdown). Should we create a specific analysis for this form (even if it's gimmick)?
• based on the viability rankings of PU, we see that
mienfoo.gif
Mienfoo is present (it's a D rank certainly but that means he has a niche). Should we create a PU analysis for this mon?
• based on the viability rankings of ZU (the unofficial tier below the PU), we see that
lairon.gif
Lairon,
magmar.gif
Magmar, Scraggy, Shelgon or Lampent are perfectly playable mons (for the first it is even a top tier). Should not we create PU analyzes for these five mons (if they have a niche of course)?

That's it, I think I've done the trick (I could talk about gen VII but that's not the purpose of this forum). Do not hesitate to discuss some points that I mentioned.

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
May I do a revamp for ADV Yanma?
EDIT: May I also do a revamp for ADV Mightyena?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)