Pheromosa Discussion

Does not get any special fighting type moves but gets quiver dance. What a waste of quiver dance Game Freak I'm not using focus miss screw that you could have given it to something else like... Oricorio. Like think about it Oricorio is so desperate to dance BUT IT CAN'T because you didn't give it any good dancing moves (or any dancing moves at all) except for Revelation Dance.

Does not get any special fighting type moves but gets quiver dance. What a waste of quiver dance Game Freak I'm not using focus miss screw that you could have given it to something else like... Oricorio. Like think about it Oricorio is so desperate to dance BUT IT CAN'T because you didn't give it any good dancing moves (or any dancing moves at all) except for Revelation Dance.
Uh, it gets Focus Blast by TM...

Not that that makes Quiver Dance any more useful with that bulk though.

EDIT: Didn't see you mention Focus Miss

Last edited:
A little surprised that I have yet to find any mention of Araquanid or Golisopod in this thread; both resist Pherosoma's STAB as well as Ice Beam, and are quite bulky to boot. Even Araquanid can take her down no problem with a Water Bubble Liquidize.

What concerns me the most about Pheromosa is that she obliterates hyper offense. Think about what Mega-Lopunny does to it with nearly the same physical attack alone and less speed. Having the ability to go mixed with Ice Beam (pretty solid coverage, all things considering) mean that Pheromosa outspeeds literally any unboosted 'mon HO wants to use (even by 1 speed point!). Sure, she falls to a light breeze, but with Psychic Field up, taking her down with priority might be a pain. The fact that an entire team archetype has to play around her and any team support can't be healthy.

It will be really interesting to see what other answers people will have to this monster in the early metagame, especially if we give Aegislash another chance.

This is all presuming OU Smogon standard, of course. I agree that this thing will be a monster in Battle Spot singles, but with Aegislash and less room for it to U-Turn to, I can actually see it being more manageable. That, and pretty much anything that survives it (FOCUS SASH) can probably OHKO it afterwards.

Ugh my decision between sun and moon is basically cominf down to choosing between this or kartana early on

Ugh my decision between sun and moon is basically cominf down to choosing between this or kartana early on
I just read in the General thread that Buzzwole and Pheromosa aren't actually version exclusives, just that one is available in higher numbers. Still waiting on confirmation.

I just read in the General thread that Buzzwole and Pheromosa aren't actually version exclusives, just that one is available in higher numbers. Still waiting on confirmation.
AFAIK, they are version exclusives, but Buzzwole is the bigger version exclusive UB so you only get 2 of him, and 4 of Kartana, who is the smaller UB. Meanwhile in Moon, you get 4 Pheromosa and 2 Celesteela, because Pheromosa is the small UB and Celesteela is the big one.

AFAIK, they are version exclusives, but Buzzwole is the bigger version exclusive UB so you only get 2 of him, and 4 of Kartana, who is the smaller UB. Meanwhile in Moon, you get 4 Pheromosa and 2 Celesteela, because Pheromosa is the small UB and Celesteela is the big one.
.... wait there are more then 1 of each UB? Thats odd... if its story spoilers then don't tell me though

That's good news tho I guess. Means it will actually be possible to get your hands on a decent one through trading as opposed to my original thought of there only being one of each and since new gen no cloning thus not being able to get one if that's not your version exclusive.

They were advertised as having Buzzwole and Pheromosa be counterparts, at least in the story. Just to be clear, are you saying that this is not actually the case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)