Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Yeah this is correct; speculation seems to be that Starbucks might get the next wave of EX Raids given their prominence as a sponsor in Go; should help out those people who don't have Sprint hotspots where they live.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yeah it was at almost every Starbucks stop, still have yet to receive my EX pass sadly :(
It's okay...

I'm debating whether to charge up my Mewtwo or to simply wait for a better IV catch. The advantage is that I can use all the rare candies I collected to maximize the amount I would need to make it level 40, and then decide later. Either way, now I won't have to worry about which legendary to max out. :)

Man, the weather is so shitty here... I'm afraid Raikou and Suicune are going to be an extensive hassle. Let alone Mewtwo... ;___;

It's okay...

I'm debating whether to charge up my Mewtwo or to simply wait for a better IV catch. The advantage is that I can use all the rare candies I collected to maximize the amount I would need to make it level 40, and then decide later. Either way, now I won't have to worry about which legendary to max out. :)
Wait, definetly wait, dont use candies and (mainly) stardust to max up something when you can get a stronger one soon

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ouch Grumpig, similar happened with our raid coordinator. I've gotten raikou 9 times out of 15 tries and not a single one of them has perfect attack stat yet. I've already powered up my best zapdos to level 30 in preparation for when suicune appears and would like to have a really good raikou hopefully soon.

So I was wondering... How do you guys name and categorize your Pokémon? I just used up the entire day to put some effort into it, and my list now basically looks like this:

go_categorize_fluke.jpg

Names are IVs + moveset. And I basically have 3 of every species, but only the last stages. If I end up having more (T-Tar and Dragonite for example) I make sure I have either 6, 9 or at least a multiple of 3. That way my list always looks organized.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Neat, I only have 3 mons above 3000CP
Maybe you just divide your stardust evenly. I think that can be good, especially during a raid.
As for my nicknames: Percent, and stats. This way I know if their % means they can take a hit, or deal one.
--
It was mentioned that Zapdos does 20% less damage than Raikou, do you prefer Moltres over Entei?

Attachments

--
It was mentioned that Zapdos does 20% less damage than Raikou, do you prefer Moltres over Entei?
Both of them are somewhat similar, with Moltres running at 180/251/184, and Entei 230/235/176. Theoretically, I prefer Moltres over Entei for pure damage output, as molt's last feasible breakpoint is at level 30.5 (there's another one at 40), while entei hits the same point at 38.5.
[This was all calculated against articuno]

TLDR; moltres because it does more damage, but both work

note: i don't actually have an entei so it's all very theoretical

Okay... So a while back I put some of my strongest Pokémon somewhere in a gym, knowing it would get taken out in a few days at max.

We're now 3 weeks ahead in time and it still didn't get taken out... It has been in there for so long now that I even got the Gold medal for the gym. However, I do want my Pokémon back because 1) it's one of my strongest and 2) I don't get any benefits from it being in the gym for even longer.

How should I go about this? lol

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another wave of EX raid passes got sent out mostly for Starbuck sponsored gyms to be done on 9/21/2017 in the evening. I'm so mad because I had an opportunity to raid at one of them and change of plans occurred at like the last minute.

Oh Fluke, got any friends on opposing teams that could simply battle that gym?

New event announced:

Trainers,

With cool autumn nights quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and sunny spring days arriving in the Southern Hemisphere, we thought it would be the perfect time to celebrate the coming equinox with an in-game event. New seasons mean new adventures!

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on September 22 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on October 2, 2017, you’ll have the opportunity to earn double Stardust for catching Pokémon and hatching Eggs as you walk around your neighborhood discovering new sights. While you’re out exploring, be sure to visit your local PokéStops and Gyms to collect special 2 km Eggs that have the opportunity to hatch Pokémon such as Chansey, Mareep, Larvitar, and more. You’ll also be able to get special boxes from the in-game shop that feature items like Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, and all-new Super Incubators which hatch Eggs 1.5 times quicker!

Registering a new Pokémon to your Pokédex during this limited-time celebration will earn you triple the normal XP. So that makes this a very good time to battle against the Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Don’t forget that Raikou, Entei, or Suicune will each travel to a new part of the world on September 30, so make sure to battle the Legendary Pokémon currently in your area while you can!

—The Pokémon GO team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)