Pokémon GO

What's the best way for a 16-year old with no friends who play Pokemon Go to catch Kyogre? I'd really like the feel of catching a legendary.

Another EX wave!
And, as usual, raiding at a goddamn park doesnt do a crap and I have yet to recieve the first invitation
But hey! They announced a 3 hours long practically useless event (sure, you get double exp but you cant utilize it fully thanks to the new bug making mass evos harder) and have yet to do anything remotely reasonable with Mewtwo

So I received another EX Raid invite. Was pleasantly surprised as I only raided once last week and again at a gym which I was raiding at for the first time. But just grateful for another opportunity at Mewtwo.

Still no EX pass :3

Also, Kyogre is legit hard to capture. 0/4 right here. The shifting to the sides is super annoying. I only throw balls when it's in the middle, while it's doing its attack animation, with the circle locked on Excellent. Still I haven't managed to pull off even a single Excellent Throw.

None of my 30+ captured Groudon are above 91% so I need myself a Kyogre that's at least 95%+... But with these shenanigans I might screw up on Kyogre as well :(

So first Kyogre raid today, the thing is gonna be a pain to catch. Nevermind the side-to-side movement and attacks, I am terrible at throwing curve balls to that distance.

It seems like raiding at sponsored gyms gives you lower IV legendaries. I've been raiding at sponsored gyms for some time and it's only been giving me sub 90% IV Pokémon, while raiding at more remote/unknown gyms gives me 90%+ IV Pokémon. Is this actually the case, or is this just coincidence?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
It seems like raiding at sponsored gyms gives you lower IV legendaries. I've been raiding at sponsored gyms for some time and it's only been giving me sub 90% IV Pokémon, while raiding at more remote/unknown gyms gives me 90%+ IV Pokémon. Is this actually the case, or is this just coincidence?
From Groudon, I have been doing non-sponsored gyms and it was hit/miss, over 50 Groudon raids later and I only have 7 Groudon over 91%. (31 Daily freebies and purchases from holiday boxes).

Do you notice any prize different from sponsored or non sponsored, such as more rare candies, TMs, Golden Razz Berries, etc.?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
P sure it's just a coincidence and bad RNG. There is no established or proven correlation between the type of gym and IVs (or rewards). Only Tiers dictate reward amount and the IVs are completely random.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That's a perfect. I would have quit for a while had mine fled as well. Sucks =/

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mission Mewtwo accomplished as I finally got to participate in an ex invite that I could get to and was not cancelled due to a holiday. It took 6 of us to take it down and was able to catch it so it's a relief to finally get it in my pokedex. Not the best IVs at CP 2223 with 14 in attack as I have yet another ex invite for 1/24 at a Starbucks again.

I'm more satisfied with powering up a 91% groudon with perfect attack to level 35. For now it knows mud shot and solar beam as I can use it for kyogre raids when it knows thunder and have gotten better at hitting my targets on kyogre only throwing when it does its taunt splash and preferably in the center or even on the left side.

Edit: Fluke I'm not familiar with the CR2025 as I've only used the CR2032, worth a try I suppose.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Alright everyone, rejoice! On the new update, Kyogre is now closer on the catch screen! Its circle is now bigger too:

Starting to get the hang of getting excellent throws on Kyogre. Just managed to catch a 98% one with 15 attack on an excellent throw. Totally satisfied with that.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
On the new update.

You can only see this with the APK file on Android. iOS does not have the release yet - the Kyogre change is because of the massive change in model scaling a lot of Pokemon have received.

The update for iOS hasn't gone live. That Kyogre is still so difficult, although this time, landed Great consistently in all but one in 12 balls. Caught it in last ball.

I almost thought of making the memetic Can't Beat Airman into Can't Catch Kyogre. This is hands down the most difficult to catch ever, until that update goes live. While then, I probably should feel proud of managing those Greats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)