Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow to be re-released for the 3DS Virtual Console

Yup! This is the same for any other downloaded game, Pokémon or not.
Great! Thanks for the reply.

What should I do if I want to clean my entire 3DS (a.k.a. uninstall and reinstall everything)? How can I keep my save file in this way?

Also (kind of a different question): How would I go about preinstalled games? Are they locked onto an SD card? I mean, if I have Mario Kart preinstalled and I would use a different SD card for my 3DS.... will the game be gone?

Great! Thanks for the reply.

What should I do if I want to clean my entire 3DS (a.k.a. uninstall and reinstall everything)? How can I keep my save file in this way?

Also (kind of a different question): How would I go about preinstalled games? Are they locked onto an SD card? I mean, if I have Mario Kart preinstalled and I would use a different SD card for my 3DS.... will the game be gone?
I'm not entirely sure on your first question; but as for the second, downloaded games are tied to your Eshop account. So if you delete the game or put in a different SD card, you can just redownload the game free of charge from the Eshop.

I'm not entirely sure on your first question; but as for the second, downloaded games are tied to your Eshop account. So if you delete the game or put in a different SD card, you can just redownload the game free of charge from the Eshop.
I see, thanks for the reply. Just want to be sure, since I've already lost my Yellow save file once while transferring between two systems. Don't want that to happen again...

Yup! This is the same for any other downloaded game, Pokémon or not.
Andddddd I got screwed over, again. Worked so long on this Yellow save, now it's gone, AGAIN.

Did everything completely how it's supposed to happen. Transferred from one 3DS to another. Started up Pokémon Yellow on my new system. And now I only have the 'New Game' option on startup.

**** me. Really.

Due to GSC coming out soon, these have got a 36% off sale on the eShop in Japan and Europe's My Nintendo right now. Probably in America soon too.

Can't wait for GSC tbh, my all time favorites.

On another note, does anyone have tips on transfering my RBY (Virtual Console) save file? Getting myself a new 3DS soon (the unique Metroid version) and I obviously want to keep my RBY save file. How would I go about this? I've tried this once already by using 'System Transfer' but unfortunately it failed to transfer my RBY save file... Help!

On another note, does anyone have tips on transfering my RBY (Virtual Console) save file? Getting myself a new 3DS soon (the unique Metroid version) and I obviously want to keep my RBY save file. How would I go about this? I've tried this once already by using 'System Transfer' but unfortunately it failed to transfer my RBY save file... Help!
Still searching help for the above. Anyone?!

If your save get deleted when tranfering accounts between systems the only thing I can think of is to call Nintendo's costumer support for your region

So as of a few hours ago, Serebii just reported that Poke Transporter fixed the oversight where it used the wrong DVs to determine Shininess when transferring from Gen I. That's one question answered as to how they'll handle Gen II Shiny Pokemon and the Red Gyarados being transferred.

The good news is that this introduces no weird legality checks at all, because when transferring from Gen I, Shininess is determined first, and then the DVs are thrown out and replaced with three IVs of 31 and three random IVs. I guess the only bad news is that if someone had an old Gen I Shiny ready to go, and then they just updated Poke Transporter, that Shiny's been lost. (Nothing 8F or ws m can't fix though. :P)

Hi everybody! I'm playing the Italian version of Pokemon yellow, and I need some help with the item duplication glitch through the ws m item. I already obtained ws m, but I'm a bit confused about the bootstrap part. I found two different setups, one starting with a 233-HP Seel, the other with 6 slowpokes. I already tried the first one, but nothing happened. Should I try the other? Also, I'm not sure about the items I need in my bag. Can anybody please help me? Thanks in advance :)

Hi everybody! I'm playing the Italian version of Pokemon yellow, and I need some help with the item duplication glitch through the ws m item. I already obtained ws m, but I'm a bit confused about the bootstrap part. I found two different setups, one starting with a 233-HP Seel, the other with 6 slowpokes. I already tried the first one, but nothing happened. Should I try the other? Also, I'm not sure about the items I need in my bag. Can anybody please help me? Thanks in advance :)
You should PM Zerius, he knows a lot about this iirc.

So as of a few hours ago, Serebii just reported that Poke Transporter fixed the oversight where it used the wrong DVs to determine Shininess when transferring from Gen I. That's one question answered as to how they'll handle Gen II Shiny Pokemon and the Red Gyarados being transferred.

The good news is that this introduces no weird legality checks at all, because when transferring from Gen I, Shininess is determined first, and then the DVs are thrown out and replaced with three IVs of 31 and three random IVs. I guess the only bad news is that if someone had an old Gen I Shiny ready to go, and then they just updated Poke Transporter, that Shiny's been lost. (Nothing 8F or ws m can't fix though. :P)
IMPORTANT EDIT: Actually this update does introduce a 'retroactive illegality' into Gen VII. Previously, genders were assigned randomly, but this didn't matter because DVs were thrown out during transport anyway. Now, gender is tied to DVs like Shininess is, so the incompatibility in Gen II is back.

Before September 5, 2017:
- Starters, Eeveelutions, Fossils, and Snorlax in Gen VII can have the GB origin marking, be female, and be Shiny.

After September 5, 2017:
- Starters, Eeveelutions, Fossils, and Snorlax in Gen VII cannot have the GB origin marking, be female, and be Shiny.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Actually this update does introduce a 'retroactive illegality' into Gen VII. Previously, genders were assigned randomly, but this didn't matter because DVs were thrown out during transport anyway. Now, gender is tied to DVs like Shininess is, so the incompatibility in Gen II is back.

Before September 5, 2017:
- Starters, Eeveelutions, Fossils, and Snorlax in Gen VII can have the GB origin marking, be female, and be Shiny.

After September 5, 2017:
- Starters, Eeveelutions, Fossils, and Snorlax in Gen VII cannot have the GB origin marking, be female, and be Shiny.
I don't see this really as an issue because you could get them legally before the 5th, so they still can be out there, unless you are saying Nintendo is blocking them, which if they are...that is dumb.

The "issue" is that those Pokemon would result illegal to an analysis. Doesn't look like similar situations in the past caused this sort of illegal-but-legal matter though (cough dream ball aegislash)

Nothing's being blocked to the best of my knowledge, but it's a weird thing that legality checkers will have to watch out for (perhaps regarding transport dates, which are recorded if I recall correctly). It also technically means that however many Shiny female GB Pokemon existed before Sept 5th will be the maximum number that can ever exist.

Does anyone have an arbitrary code for Pokémon Yellow's w sm glitch item for Hidden Power DV spread? I don't really understand anything about coding and e.g. what the specific items correspond to. I can use w sm to get flawless DV spreads, but that's just because of following instructions on a video. The specific Hidden Powers I'm looking are Water and Ice, with the spreads 15 / 15 / 13 / 15 / 15 and 7 / 14 / 13 / 15 / 15.

If no one has these, could someone who understands w sm and coding well, create such an item list/code?

I really would like to have Zapdos with both Hidden Powers and soft-resetting for one with those spreads would take way too long.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an arbitrary code for Pokémon Yellow's w sm glitch item for Hidden Power DV spread? I don't really understand anything about coding and e.g. what the specific items correspond to. I can use w sm to get flawless DV spreads, but that's just because of following instructions on a video. The specific Hidden Powers I'm looking are Water and Ice, with the spreads 15 / 15 / 13 / 15 / 15 and 7 / 14 / 13 / 15 / 15.

If no one has these, could someone who understands w sm and coding well, create such an item list/code?

I really would like to have Zapdos with both Hidden Powers and soft-resetting for one with those spreads would take way too long.
Don't bother. DVs are ignored when you transfer Pokemon.

Just make lots of Zapdos.

No, I don't care about the newer generations. I want a Hidden Power Zapdos for Crystal's Battle Tower and link battles.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood it. I think there's some bootstrap code, meant for shinies, somewhere. How to change the DV setup... well, that, I dunno. If you find an explanation on how that "make Pokemon shiny" bootstrap works, then you're halfway through.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)