Sticky Pokemon Direct - 6th June Discussion - Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hi All,

Just making this in preparation for whatever news comes tomorrow from the Pokemon Direct.

We currently only know it is in about 24 hours from now:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/871729041690243073

Tune in on June 6 at 7am PT/10am ET for #Pokemon news in a special, 8-minute Pokémon Direct. http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct
Serebii said:
It has been confirmed that tomorrow, on June 6th, a Pokémon Direct will be hosted on Nintendo's Youtube and Twitch channels at 23:00 JST / 15:00 BST / 10:00 EDT. It's not currently clear what the Pokémon Direct will reveal but we'll provide full details as they come so keep checking back
I'll open this up tomorrow an hour or two ahead of time if anything else comes up. We will likely be watching it live so join us on the Orange Islands Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/KjZuZ7j. You will need to be a Discord user in able to chat!

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hate to be that guy, but Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is kinda disappointing. Was personally hoping for a DPPt remake (complete with Battle Frontier!), but I guess this'll do? Don't see much hype going on here unless they introduce some extremely novel new features, like how BW2 had Pokestar Studios / Medal hunting, etc., and even then that didn't really interest all that many people. Hopefully the plot's at least significantly different this time.

Then again, I really loved BW2, so hopefully the trend continues here.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? In addition to the Virtual Console versions of GS? That's trippy.

I can only wonder if those formes belong to Necrozma or Solgaleo and Lunala.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
We gonna ignore the Pokken port or...
Pretty much...

I'll be updating the top two posts with additional information as it comes to light. Discuss anything you saw on the stream in this thread!

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? In addition to the Virtual Console versions of GS? That's trippy.

I can only wonder if those formes belong to Necrozma or Solgaleo and Lunala.
Fusion like Kyurem/Reshiram/Zekrom?

Hate to be that guy, but Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is kinda disappointing. Was personally hoping for a DPPt remake (complete with Battle Frontier!), but I guess this'll do? Don't see much hype going on here unless they introduce some extremely novel new features, like how BW2 had Pokestar Studios / Medal hunting, etc., and even then that didn't really interest all that many people. Hopefully the plot's at least significantly different this time.

I loved BW2 as well. I'm guessing it will be similar in gameplay/plot/story with USUM too. Should be great!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Stellar - Today at 10:10 AM
ok
im gonna make a prediction
u heard it here first
they showed the trainer twisting the Z bracelet
we are gonna get
N moves
for necrozma
or N formes
like solgaleo

Also, Legendary beasts with HA... wait, they have inner focus

The remakes probably will be once every two gens, so gen 6 we have remakes, gen 7 we don't, gen 8 we have remakes, and so on (That way we don't get remakes from games too close from the original release)

THANK GOD YES YES WE HAVE SEQUELS, THIS IS THE FORMULA FROM NOW ON, GOODBYE THIRD VERSIONS FOREVER

And then in a few months I'll get proven wrong as it turns out they're basically glorified third versions.

Not a lot to go on so far but this is still very exciting. Does anyone know if Gold and Silver registers what Poké Ball you used to catch something? Because this could be a cheaper way to get Apricorn Ball 'mon...

GSC VC = Shiny Multiscale Lugia and Regenerator Ho-oh are legal
That makes me happy not being forced to get both Heartgold and Pokemon Radar

USUM didn't show much. A black Z-Ring that reminds me on Necrozma, and is the player owning that Solgaleo or Lunala with that wierd equipment? Kinda curious what that would be about.

A'ight! If there's anything that's guaranteed to get me out of bed early in the morning, it's a new Pokemon Direct. So when I bounded downstairs and hopped onto Serebii, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I'm not gonna lie; when they started talking about Pokken Tournament Deluxe, I was pretty disappointed. I have Pokken already but don't consider myself good enough at it to warrant getting the new version for the Switch (Besides, stuff's expensive). But then...

YES. Here we go, this is what I got up at 7am to see. First of all, I love the hats. The region also looks more vibrant than before, though that might just be my imagination. And... Necrozma is apparently pulling a Kyurem, fusing with Solgaleo and Lunala. The really interesting thing in my opinion is that they talked about "an alternate adventure through the world of Sun and Moon". This suggests that it's not a sequel (like BW2), but an alternate timeline where things went differently, like the traditional Emerald and Platinum. At the risk of wishlisting, I'm really hoping that we get more Megas (though that's unlikely since it was Gen VI's gimmick).

AND THEN POKEMON GOLD AND SILVER BEING RELEASED FOR THE VC. YEEEESSSSS. Dang, I am so hyped now.

EDIT: I really, really, really hope Pokemon transfered from RBY/GS will be legal in VGC 2018.

Last edited:
Pokken for Switch was horribly predictable.

That being said, I only expected one announcement.

But I wonder... are Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon a pair of "third versions" or sequels? Lunala and Solgaleo look like they are wearing the restrain armor Giovanni had put on Mewtwo in the anime.

(And are they going to fix the shiny formula on Pokebank for Gold and Silver?)

Pokken for Switch was horribly predictable.

That being said, I only expected one announcement.

But I wonder... are Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon a pair of "third versions" or sequels?

(And are they going to fix the shiny formula on Pokebank for Gold and Silver?)
Sequels
They said is a different story

Welp, honestly didn't see the Pokken port coming... yet another port for the switch *sigh* yaay

But WOW to everything else. Gold and Crystal ports ( I am buying the living shit out of these ) + ULTRA SUN AND ULTRA MOON!!!! Damn I'm hyped! People on the live stream were saying the names were bad but I think it's perfect given the theme of Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space in pokemon Sun and Moon.

Oh, and Gold & Crystal ports mean UNLIMITED APRICORN BALLS for like 1/5 of the franchise but still!!!

Sequels
They said is a different story
"Third versions" are also different stories, so the matter is in what degree it's going to be different.

Seeing that there are clips of the player going in Route 1, it could be a sequel, and the previous player's family has moved somewhere else.

Reddit is just being a bunch of entitled crybabies again, because it wasn't precisely what they wanted. Any nintendo subreddit is bound to be cancerous, except maybe /r/fireemblemheroes.

With that off of my chest, I'm looking forward to USUM. It looks like a sequel, with more extravagant cutscenes and a lusher Alola. Also, the Necrozma!Legendaries have jumpstarted my curiosity. Are they borrowing poor Necrozma's body? Or is Necrozma possessing them?

Are there any interesting moves that Gen 2 VC is going to give us access to? The TM list is pretty uninteresting with the exception of Curse TM.

Okay real talk yes a Pokken port was predictable, but i'm one of the few people who would LOVE for Pokken to finally actually take off, so i'm still excited for it

US/UM seem cool too, though it's a bit disappointing that there's absolutely no legitimate info outside the mascot x Necrozma fusion things and a release date

VC GSC was also to be expected really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)