Pokemon Merchandise thread

Thanks for that -- i'm surprised GF and Nintendo haven't jumped on it more -- i'd happily pay for more of them -- real, or not :P

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I recently found a Japanese site (with Twitter) that has detailed listing of Pokemon Game Prizes.
http://pk-mn.com/

You can ask me to translate a page from this site, if you want to. (Post on this thread)

According to this site, some really pretty Eevee merchandise are coming:

These come in Sterling silver, yellow gold and rose gold.
But they are very expensive, as the silver/ gold is real.

A cheaper, but still pretty series "Pikachu and Friends Eevee Twinkle Dream" is also coming, pre order starts 23rd April
http://pk-mn.com/n/pikachu-friends-eievui-twinkle-dream/

3 mirrors with rhinestones.

Clear mini pouch.

Rubber Straps

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

I've been trying to list things on eBay, but it seems not working.
I posted 2 items for sale, but my profile page says I have nothing for sale.

I posted the first item (a plush), it says it's for sale, and the whole process was in English.
But for my second item, I got re-directed to a Chinese page that demands my credit card number.
After I entered my credit card number, it says error.

It's very fishy. I think I have been phished.

Anyway, supposedly, my item is here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/231930523267?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Not really surprising that new merch has dried up considering they're all probably busy making stuff for sun and moon

Not really surprising that new merch has dried up considering they're all probably busy making stuff for sun and moon
I wouldn't say that. There's a ton of stuff coming out. It's just we're not all interested in things like Tomy's poseable Ash figure, or lower quality plushes when higher quality ones are still on sale at the Pokemon Center site

Such as? Isn't posting stuff the point of this thread?
Well, the Pokemon Center always releases new plushes.

For instance, this time they have a Graduation Pikachu, Zygarde 10%, Ash-Greninja, and a bunch of keychain plushes. I probably would have been more excited about the Graduation Pikachu if I was sure I was graduating this year. (I'll probably get it myself when I have finished my dissertation). To be fair, a lot of us are just posting things that interest us. And, to be fair, aside from the Mythical Pokemon stuff that I already posted, there's not much that really interested me in the last year or so.

Cresselia~~

It's kind of true they are back to releasing something that is similar to what was released before.

They are releasing plushes of older Pokemon.

The current Substitute series is just like an alternate version of the original substitute series released a few years ago.
But this time, the substitute hoodie can be worn by different Pokemon.

And then there's the Nekuburo sleep bag series that goes on for ever and ever.

But guess what?
We now have a Magearna plush!!
It looks so complex!

I'm trying to start a collection of starter Pokemon plushies. My only criteria is that (hopefully) the plushies will be of roughly the same size. I've already bought the Takara Tomy XY (this + similar and this + similar), but I'm having trouble finding plushies of the other starters in the same size. Almost everything I've found so far are much smaller (4"-6") and just wouldn't display well with what I already have. Does anyone know which models I should be looking for?

Thanks!

Have you tried out the Pokemon Center ones? The only problem is that I can see most of them being either a little too small or a little too big to fit with 9-10" plushes.

Cresselia~~

Have you tried out the Pokemon Center ones? The only problem is that I can see most of them being either a little too small or a little too big to fit with 9-10" plushes.
Pokemon Center ones are usually very small.
I'd say usually 6"~8".

Then the next size is like the homongous 40cm size. "Life sized starters" plush are in this category.

Yeah, I actually do have a Pokemon Center Pikachu, which is maybe 12"-14" tall, and it looks completely out of place with other plushies. It's also made of a different material--the stuffing is MUCH softer than the Tomy ones. I ended up putting it on a different shelf just because it really doesn't go with the others.

I'm really just hoping that Tomy releases similar sizes for the SuMo starters. I'm guessing that Rowlet will be absolutely adorable as a plush.

Yeah, I actually do have a Pokemon Center Pikachu, which is maybe 12"-14" tall, and it looks completely out of place with other plushies. It's also made of a different material--the stuffing is MUCH softer than the Tomy ones. I ended up putting it on a different shelf just because it really doesn't go with the others.

I'm really just hoping that Tomy releases similar sizes for the SuMo starters. I'm guessing that Rowlet will be absolutely adorable as a plush.
They most likely will. I doubt they'll lose the license anytime soon because they're also the Japanese manufacturers.

Hello everyone. A friend recently gave me a jar full of small Pokemon action figures and they were great! Problem is, there were seven figures that I just can't identify. I told my friend these aren't real Pokemon, but he won't believe me when I claim that I know all 720+ pokemon. So I'm hoping you could help me prove him wrong.

If you know any of these Pokemon please tell me what they are.

#1 Looks to me like a bad Pawniard

#2 Looks like Tornadus - Therian form

#3 A golden Lairon??

#4 A brown Lairon??

#5 I don't even have a guess T_T

#6 A Mewtwo in armor, like the one in that anime episode?

#7 A bad Bisharp?

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
zyrefredric I merged this into the Merchandise thread.

I would say none of them are Pokemon apart from the one second from the right; which is probably Mewtwo in its armour from the first movie/anime episodes where it is using armour. The two on each end look more like Freiza from DragonBallZ...

Cresselia~~

Hello everyone. A friend recently gave me a jar full of small Pokemon action figures and they were great! Problem is, there were seven figures that I just can't identify. I told my friend these aren't real Pokemon, but he won't believe me when I claim that I know all 720+ pokemon. So I'm hoping you could help me prove him wrong.

If you know any of these Pokemon please tell me what they are.

#1 Looks to me like a bad Pawniard

#2 Looks like Tornadus - Therian form

#3 A golden Lairon??

#4 A brown Lairon??

#5 I don't even have a guess T_T

#6 A Mewtwo in armor, like the one in that anime episode?

#7 A bad Bisharp?
Hello. They don't look like any Pokemon to me. They don't look like Digimon neither.

zyrefredric Those "Pokémon" figurines look like they've come out of a bootleg, hence the poor quality.

Regarding merch in general, it seems that Pokémon started off way overboard with the merchandise, especially in the West. It was a fad for a while, but Gen 2 revived it in America and other western countries, while most controversies decreased.

I still remember back when Digimon only relied on the following merch to sell their products: video games, anime, manga, cards, V-pets, and (actually damned cool) action figures. Adventure tri. seems to be pushing the merch to show that they still exist, but it's nothing like Pokémon or Yo-kai Watch. Appmon might change that late this year...

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

https://p-bandai.jp/enquete/1000003877/

Bandai is currently holding a survey as to what characters you'd like from Pokemon.
Questions include age, gender, whether you have kids, list of female gym leaders to choose from (multiple choice) which surprisingly includes Elite 4 members, list of female main characters to choose from, what games you have bought , etc.

It is probably very tied to what merchandise they will release in the future.

If you guys are interested, I may consider translating it.

Does anyone know if/where you can get a somewhat large Arcanine? Been trying to find a decent looking one for my brother for a while, no luck...

Cresselia~~

Does anyone know if/where you can get a somewhat large Arcanine? Been trying to find a decent looking one for my brother for a while, no luck...
They rarely ever do large plushies
I think only starters, Pikachu, Wailord and Snorlax ever had large ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)