Pokemon Mother's Day illustrations :3

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon and the Smeargle Studio section!

Come to think of it, the theme of "parenthood" isn't really used very often throughout the Pokémon Franchise.
I mean, it is occasionally being used in some of the Anime episodes, but in my honest opinion it doesn't get as much attention as it deserves.
In the games we just leave the parents at the Daycare and just cycle around to receive and hatch the eggs and in most cases the parents never get to see their offspring at all.

I hence applaud you for choosing a tremendously underrated and overlooked theme for your artworks.
First of all I'd like to say that it was a good idea to choose the families of the 3 iconic Starter Pokémon from the first generation!
Secondly, you greatly managed to convey the parental love, affection and satisfaction that Blastoise, Charizard and Venusaur feel despite the fact that laying and hatching the eggs might have been an exhausting process for them.
Maternal love is something precious beyond all worth after all. A mother is a person that already loves you even when you're still inside her womb.
Sometimes we subconsciously slip into the habit of taking everything for granted, but it's important to always remember to be grateful for having received the gift of life and all the sacrifices our mothers made for us.
Maybe that's just my personal interpretation and maybe I'm reading considerably too deep into it, but that's the core message your artworks convey in my eyes.

Thirdly, I strongly assume that I speak for all of us here when I say that we're looking forward to seeing what other themes you can implement in your future artworks.
You've definitely come to the right place!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)