Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

If Victini's being swapped out of the Weekend EXP slot, how are people going to obtain it in the future, unless it's an alternating thing? Missing out on an early available (if slightly low odds) Base 80 Psychic type would be a bummer even with Magerna replacing it.

Incineroar EB looks to have very lucrative rewards, whether compared to its level count or just in general. I'm wary of the cost likely to be behind some of these, but at least the numbers are worth it this time unlike Keldeo and Diancie.

Generally looks good with content to come, and even gave the "free trial Unlimited Hearts" item to let you clean out a Safari. That said, my biggest gain from this (assuming the rates are okay) would be the Mawile PSB stage.

So word of warning: Alolan Ninetales costs coins, and it is a BITCH with disruptions. Bring Beedrill over the SE tappers and rely on Risk-Takers for damage if possible, or you can take a shot with Aggron and MB+ Jirachi.

Also, for anyone planning to start the EB, the 15 minutes of Infinite Hearts refreshed. Use that after you catch Incineroar.

Last edited:
May 2nd new content
Incineroar Escalation Battle
Ninetales (Alola Form) Appears! (costs 300 coins)
Free Vulpix (Alola Form)
Salazzle Appears!
Passimian Try 'Em Items

Returning Content
None

Future Content
Daily Pokémon Are Here #8 [Grimer (Alola Form), Dewpider, Sandshrew (Alola Form), Brionne, Oricorio (Pa'u Style)]
Decidueye Competitive Stage
A New Pokémon Safari [Rattata (Alola Form), Diglett (Alola Form), Rockruff, Raticate (Alola Form), Dugtrio (Alola Form)]
Popplio Appears
Sandslash (Alola Form) Appears
Lunala Appears
Cosmoem Appears

New Pokemon
Incineroar: Fire-type, 70 BP, Super Tackle
Vulpix (Alola Form): Ice-type, 40 BP, Flash Mob
Ninetales (Alola Form): Ice-type, 70 BP, Freeze+
Salazzle: Poison-type, 60 BP, Poison
Passimian: Fighting-type, 60 BP, Crowd Control
Level 25: 1 Mega Speedup
Level 50: 1 Skill Swapper
Level 75: 1 Raise Max Level
Level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Level 110: 1 Raise Max Level
Level 120: 1 Mega Speedup
Level 130: 2 Raise Max Levels
Level 140: 2 Raise Max Levels
Level 150: 3 Raise Max Levels

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So word of warning: Alolan Ninetales costs coins, and it is a BITCH with disruptions. Bring Beedrill over the SE tappers and rely on Risk-Takers for damage if possible, or you can take a shot with Aggron and MB+ Jirachi.
Honestly, 300 Coins is actually not bad at all because it means you don't have to use hearts, the costs are easily coverable with Meowth, and compared to 400 coins, it saves 27,500 coins assuming your drop rate is on the expected rate when getting to SL5.

Also tappers aren't super needed for that stage either; been using 10/10 MB+ Diancie with three strong burst damage users and I am consistently taking out Ninetales in 5-7 turns thanks to its low HP. Once the barriers go down, it's basically curtains for Alolan Ninetales generally. Up to SL3 (obtained in 52 plays post catch) and have had no fails. Taking a break from farming it to do the EB, which I am in the mid 30's at the moment despite no reserves, thanks to us getting a new 15 minutes No Hearts Needed for free this week (which went straight into belting up Incineroar hahaha).

Honestly, 300 Coins is actually not bad at all because it means you don't have to use hearts, the costs are easily coverable with Meowth, and compared to 400 coins, it saves 27,500 coins assuming your drop rate is on the expected rate when getting to SL5.
Tip was more for those trying to catch it so they can get to PSB farming (I'm short of coins from the stage update, so debating how far if at all I'll go given the EB will have a lot of boss stages). It took me a couple tries to catch it even though none were failures.

EB looks as though it's costing people around 52k coins to totally clear out (items start seeing use at Stage 100 for Bosses). My Greninjas are SL'd pretty well (4 normal, 5 Ash), but I'm behind on their RML's, so this is probably gonna suck at the upper stages. On the bright side, rewards actually seem worth the coins for once. Fingers crossed I can get the EB done quickly and get back to Meowth farming with some time for Alolan Ninetales.

Tied my record for lowest catch rate at 2% for Incineroar. I'd have much preferred to use that luck for Ninetales, caught after 7 tries.

Finished Incineroar EB. Had to use AP+ and MS at boss levels starting at 110, full items at 150. Now to grind up more coins for the S ranks before the next update...

I have 3 S-Ranks left to earn, and some likely unimportant captures (Arbok is the only potentially interesting one that springs to mind), but I'm probably gonna farm up coins to prep for the actual update, and I want to see about farming Ninetales up to SL3 at the very least.

Does anyone have a team suggestion to consistently beat Beautifly? I had to use items to S-rank it, but I haven't been able to catch it yet. Shiny M-Ray, Salamence, Vivillon (Meadow) and Emboar (Risk Taker) isn't cutting it, and Sky Blast wasn't good for it either.

Does anyone have a team suggestion to consistently beat Beautifly? I had to use items to S-rank it, but I haven't been able to catch it yet. Shiny M-Ray, Salamence, Vivillon (Meadow) and Emboar (Risk Taker) isn't cutting it, and Sky Blast wasn't good for it either.
Recommendation I see for itemless is Lugia to remove the disruptions with Eject+ for a Salamence Sky Blast team, or with tappers. Is there any SE "stopper" mon like Freeze users or such to stall its disruptions? Maybe after Skill leveling Alolan Ninetales you could try for a Freeze+ proc and Burst damage?

May 9th new content
New Pokémon Safari [Rattata (Alola Form), Diglett (Alola Form), Rockruff, Raticate (Alola Form), Dugtrio (Alola Form)]
Daily Pokémon Are Here #8 [Grimer (Alola Form), Dewpider, Sandshrew (Alola Form), Brionne, Oricorio (Pa'u Style)]
Popplio Appears
Decidueye Competition
Sandslash (Alola Form) Appears (costs 300 coins; drops PSBs)
Lunala Appears (costs 500 coins)
Cosmoem Appears (A Great Chance a Day; drops PSB, Skill Booster S, RML)
Mission Card #17

Returning Content
None

Future Content
TBD

New Pokemon
Rattata (Alola Form): Dark-type, 30 BP, Crowd Control
Raticate (Alola Form): Dark-type, 60 BP, Barrier Bash+
Diglett (Alola Form): Steel-type, 30 BP, Rock Break+
Dugtrio (Alola Form): Steel-type, 60 BP, Three Force
Rockruff: Rock-type, 40 BP, Rockify
Grimer (Alola Form): Dark-type, 50 BP, Last-Ditch Effort
Dewpider: Water-type, 40 BP, Barrier Bash
Sandshrew (Alola Form): Ice-type, 50 BP, Rock Break+
Brionne: Water-type, 60 BP, Last-Ditch Effort
Oricorio (Pa'u Style): Psychic-type, 60 BP, Three Force
Popplio: Water-type, 50 BP, Block Shot
Sandslash (Alola Form): Ice-type, 60 BP, Ice Dance
Lunala: Ghost-type, 80 BP, Phantom Combo
Cosmoem: Psychic-type, 40 BP, Quirky++
1. Erase 7 barriers from the area! - Rotom stage (EX2), bring anything, rewards 3 hearts
2. Trigger Mega Effects 3 times! - Moltres stage (EX6), bring Mega Kangaskhan, rewards 2 EXP Booster S
3. Trigger Mega Effects 2 times! - Blaziken stage (EX12), bring Mega Sableye, rewards Blazikenite
Phantom Combo: Increases damage by ghost types by 1.5x in a combo. Rates of 5%, 100%, 100% at level 1, increases to 15%/20%/30%/50% at SLs 2-5
Block Shot: Erases two blocks and increases damage. Rates of 60%, 100%, 100% with multipliers of 2x, 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x at SLs 1-5

Last edited:
Now I have to choose between SL5 for Ninetales and leveling Sandslash's Ice Dance, not to mention of course another Safari and Lunala's gonna suck out some more coins.

Popplio's easy enough to clear. Basically trigger the starting board's Block shot and then go for Risk-Taker with Emolga and you can near one-shot it. But the catch rate is terrible (7% + 3% per move).

Cosmoem has rocks and Cosmoem itself is an added support, so consider a tapper or general buster like Absol for your Mega over Gengar.

Sandslash drops a lot of rocks and blocks, seems like it'll be clearable consistently with my Ninetales team (Aggron + Jirachi + 2 Risk Takers).

Waiting on Lunala until some more info comes up, catching Popplio and then working on Safari in the meantime.

EDIT: Done with Safari thanks to the NHN sample item refresh. Need to grind coins for Lunala. Want at least 4 Great Balls, though thankfully that free C-1 is coming later this week.

Opinions, should I continue grinding Ninetales (SL4) or should I grind PSB's for Sandslash once the week frees up?

Last edited:
Opinions, should I continue grinding Ninetales (SL4) or should I grind PSB's for Sandslash once the week frees up?
In my opinion, 50 PSBs are a bit too much for a paltry 5% increase of the activation rate, especially if you consider that they're more than enough to bring Sandslash to SL4.

25% rate has been fairly acceptable for me considering I haven't had a problem with itemless failures against Ninetales, though I do agree that grinding it past SL4 doesn't seem worth the cost, at least with everything else there is to do right now with my coins. Mainly debating how high I'd want to grind Ice Dance. 100 Skill Boosters for SL5 is pretty decent, but I also wonder how often I'd use a Full Ice team to back that (I don't have Articuno's stuff maxed).

Although Ice teams aren't an absolute necessity, for some reason I've always wanted them to be useful, so during the last year I've slowly, but constantly invested in things like Glalie, Articuno and Kyurem. Now I'm working on Ice Dance Vanillish (Lv15 and SL~4,7 atm), I'll bring it at SL5 next time we'll have a slow week.

Should I bother investing in Alolan Sandslash for my Ice Dancer if I haven't done any work on Vanillish yet? It's a steep investment for RML's for me, and I've got other types asking for stuff like Poison grinding, not to mention I wanna work on Mawile or Skarmory PSB grinding during slow weeks.

I think you should go for Vanillish. Reasons:
- its grinding stage is always available;
- it has a better drop rate;
- even with minimal RML investment (3+), it's stronger than Sandslash. Bringing it to Lv 20 isn't really necessary, even at 15 it has a nice 100AP.

I just caught Rattata (I know, idk why it took me so long either) and am more or less done with the stuff this week. Been trying to grind Mawile but the drop rates have been terrible. Might get to work on Vanillish, though realistically I really only need it for Dragon types I think? Emolga/Zekrom/Angrychu/Raikou deal with flying, Ashninja deals with ground, and Pyre handles grass.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Primarina EB
Lycanroc-D Great Challenge
Araquanid Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Mega Swampert Mission Card

Returning Content
---

Future Content
Incineroar Competition (Bring Primarina)
Rowlet Great Challenge
Safari with Grubbin and Crabrawler lines.
Daily Pokémon #LostCount
Mudsdale Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)

Pokémon
Primarina: Base 70 Water-type w/ Super Voice.
Lycanroc-D: Base 60 Rock-type w/ Rock Combo.
Araquanid: Base 60 Water-type w/ Shot Out.
---
Rowlet: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Rock Shot.
Grubbin: Base ## Bug-type w/ .
Charjabug: Base ## Bug-type w/ .
Vikavolt: Base ## Bug-type w/ .
Crabrawler: Base ## Fighting-type w/ .
Crabominable: Base ## Fighting-type w/ .
Mudsdale: Base 70 Ground-type w/ 4 Up.

EB Prizes
---

More to come.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)