Pokemon That Should Have Never Been?

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
.......Ledyba.
I've never found it useful, and I'm glad I dumped it in my PC when I played Silver.
It's cute as hell though.

Pikachu (I hate this thing)
Luvdisc
Rhyperior
Burmy
Unown
Jynx
Bidoof
Bibarel
Smeargle
Spiritomb
Salamence
Blaziken
Gallade's waist
Volbeat
Illumise
Skitty
Wobbuffet
Dusknoir
Mr.Mime
Probopass
Metagross
Tyrannitrar
Garchomp
Gallade's waist
Delibird
GALLADE'S FREAKIN WAIST.

Burmy is bad. Everything about Burmy is bad. But at least Burmy has a point to exist. He not only exists to show off gender-based split evolutions, but he also attempts to show off the still-painfully-underwhelming point of battling in different locations by changing his appearance and his type when evolving (if she's a girl, anyway). Do they suck? Yes. But at least I can see the reason why they're here.

...which is more than I can say about Finneon and Lumineon, possibly the worst Pokemon family ever. Being able to use Bug moves is kinda neat; Water-Bug actually makes a decent defense and a surprisingly good offense. Oh wait, what's that? Finneon's a pure-Water Pokemon and not part-Bug? And they aren't really that interesting to look at? And they suck in battle unlike other fish like Gyarados and Milotic? You say Seaking outclasses it despite being lousy, too? Well, then, why should I care if I ever see them? Oh, Lumineon can't be found in the wild during the Sinnoh campaign, and the only trainer with one is not a required battle? So I can't complete the Sinnoh Dex without her?

ಠ_ಠ

There is no such thing as a strong Pokemon, neither a weak one. A pokemon can only be strong if you make it that way. If you hardly ever use Dragonair (and I've battled many people on PO and never found a dragonair) for instance, not only will you not level him up, but you will never know HOW to use him. Once you have mastered the tactics for each pokemon, they are strong. But they will never be stronger than another. A pokemon can only be stronger than another if you have the right tactics. So don't throw poor Dunsprance over your shoulder! Try him out! Experiment! Find his power! Find out HOW to use him. It is not WHAT pokemon you use, it is HOW you use them.
But then again...the concept of Cherubi, Budew, and Dunsparce made me go "WTF IS THAT THING? WAS I HACKED?"

Why do people keep complaining about pokemon that are "copies" of past generations, they were never ment to replace them... sinnoh is a new region and has its own species of pokemon. If you haven't noticed, it happens every gen. The only pokemon I hate are the ones that are too weak to use in battle like luvdisc and unknown etc.

Frosslass - Wtf is this supposed to be based on? A ghostly ice girl in a kimono!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki-onna
Pokémon features Froslass an Ice and Ghost type female-only Pokémon that is modeled off the Yuki-Onna. Also, in Sinnoh Route 217, after receiving the Spell Tag (an item that increases the power of Ghost type moves) from an old lady in the log cabin, exiting the cabin and reentering, the old lady is absent. This hints that the lady is a Yuki-Onna.
Don't be an idiot.

Dunsparce is one of my personal favs, any creative pokemon with personality is. I love pokemon that are average statistically, but with some strategy can be surprisingly effective.

The main one I think should have never been made is Probopass... He looks like Gabriel Kaplan from "Welcome Back Kotter."

Probopass is pretty damn effective, although the two x4 weaknesses really screw it over. There really is no such thing as a 'weak' Pokemon, since even Luvdisc can be effective, although I honestly despise Luvdisc.

I completely agree about there are no completely weak pokemon, especially when you consider the game outside of the elite competitive realm of Smogon. For example, there is a video on Youtube of someone soloing Gen I Elite Four with a Raticate.

Hahaha, that's freaking awesome. Must have taken a whole lot of focus, and Agatha must have been horrible to fight due to three of her five Pokemon being immune to Normal moves. :p

Happiny, Azurill. They knocked their Evos out of LC, which sucks because I would love Eviolite Chansey in LC and Choice Band Marril ;_;

^ Baby Pokemon in general knocked their evos out of LC. Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Chansey. They all would have been 1st base Pokes until their pre evos came along and took the 'title' away from them. And the only thing 99% of people use a captured Bidoof & Bibarel for are HM bitches or as punching bags for their Pokemon to train on for wild Bidoof and Bibarel. Very very rarely does anyone actually train the large aquatic rodent for battle.

Feebas, evolution is great but Feebas. Oh how evolving you is a pain.

As much as I like Slaking, his ability...just let him beast on teams Gamefreak.

a pokemon based on time shouldve been based on a clock where did they get dailga and palkia from they dont look like pokemon also mewtwo is a pokemon that should never be he was created in the image of Mew which will always be the original poke god skrew arceus and the mew rip offs gen 4 sucks

Zubat line. How long have we had to put up with this?

ZUBAT USED CONFUSE RAY!
SEADRA IS CONFUSED!
IT HURT ITSELF IN ITS CONFUSION!
Insert Rage Guy head here.

Also, in every new game, one of the first Pokémon you can catch is a Normal/Flying type. Every game. And they all suck. (Staraptir being the only exception, but still)

Oh yes, and all of the crappy bug types. Thank god for Volcarona.

Edit: Wait for it.

Scizor - Way to go GF, makea really cool pokemon into a boring, defensive pokemon that is less useful than its prevo. (posted earlier in the thread)

What.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)