Policy Review Policy Review: More PRC Application Opportunities [VOTE Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yep, jas61292 suggested that earlier on IRC. I really liked it and think it is a good solution. Do other PRC members have thoughts on this? Let's hear some feedback, no matter how brief it may be.

That would work out fine. Gives us clear times to reapply while letting people join at anytime without making things complicated.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yep. As Birkal said, this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind, and in fact was trying to say with my previous post here. The only real difference is that what bmb proposed added in the way to let people know if they were accepted: put in OP and given access if yes, PMd by mod if no. I think this is a perfectly good way of doing it, as no real big message is needed on acceptance, but an explaination, in private, is nice for the people who are not ready yet. Seems perfectly good to me.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
That sounds like a great idea BmB, it sorts out the issues people were having anjd allows for a lot of "flex" in how it is monitored.

Would there be a limit to how many PRC members there could be at any one time?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since there seems to be a lot of agreement on bugmaniacbob's suggestions, I'm going to poll this right now. I can't foresee this being met with a lot of disagreement; bmb suggested a sleek system that promotes activity within the PRC.

Proposal: Future CAP PRC Applications will be run in the following manner for all future CAPs, unless decided otherwise by the CAP PRC. Upon the approval of this proposal, these changes would start immediately for CAP4. This is in an effort to get the PRC discussing the future of CAP5; I know that some users have some ideas that they'd like to implement for our next process. Having an active PRC is imperative to making that a reality.

• Open a sticky thread titled "CAP X - Policy Review Committee" at the top of the main CAP forum.
  • The thread is left open; CAP users can apply and are added to the OP if accepted (and likely to receive VM explaining their addition), or they receive PM by moderator if not, explaining the decision. All decisions on PRC acceptance and denial will be done by the CAP moderators, as is customary.
  • CAP X begins, with the PRC working throughout the process of CAP X.
  • CAP X ends (triumphantly).
  • Close the thread "CAP X - Policy Review Committee" and have it moved to the CAP Process Archive.
  • Open a new sticky thread titled "CAP Y - Policy Review Committee" in the main CAP forum. All members must reapply at this point.
  • Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.
This poll has 48 hours remaining, which gives you until about 5:30 on Monday night (GMT -6) to get your votes in.

YES
NO

Birkal

We have the technology.
And with that, the CAP PRC has spoken. As a result of this decision, the CAP 4 PRC Application thread will be stickied in the main CAP forum later tonight. Thanks for the votes and brainstorming! Glad we could get this accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)