Project Post PUPL Squad + Set dump thread

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
approved by Magnemite

Now that PUPL is over, its time to dump your innovative teams and sets or things that you just felt were effective in general. Add a few lines of description to explain your innovation.

I'll start off with one of mine

Camerupt @ Passho Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Yawn

I tried to use this as a Chinchou lure on a water spam team. Opponent ended up not having a Chinchou lol so this ended up wasted. Loses passive recovery which was annoying as hell. Pretty meh set but looks dank when it works.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess I'll get this going then. You know all of these will be gold because my record is so good !_!
Beheeyem @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Signal Beam / Thunderbolt / Maybe something else, never really nailed it down
- Nasty Plot
OTR has been making a resurgence but I like to think a lot of that is from the one team I brought to every tour game because I'm lazy and it hasn't lost without bullshit so that's something. If they bring a stall team then you can boost through that, if they bring something more offensive then you can sweep fairly effectively, and it only needs two offensive moveslots to do either although three is obviously more convenient in some occasions.
Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Frustration / maybe HP elec if you're very swanna annoyed

Ran this on two of the serious teams and one of the joke ones for good measure. You can't really switch into this without Machoke and it's still pretty strong and fast as hell etc etc, obviously losing to Machoke always sucks but otherwise there's just not a lot that enjoys taking this mon on. People who want it to drop should seriously go run this instead of specs or something, play around for a bit, and then see if it's still on par with monferno.
Leafeon @ Salac Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

The mon I most wanted to put in work before getting lucked, not amazing but really fun set to screw around with and pass to stuff like Zap Plate Rotom-F or non-choice Mime.
Chatot @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Water]

Fun breaker, HP water is cool, just generally one of those things that doesn't get used because why break swan/chou/geist.
Most of the rest of the stuff was basic but underrated things like NP Misdreavus and some gimmicks like AV Relicanth, Scarf Rapidash, Rain Dance Grumpig+Golduck, and then special Gogoat which 2x and Galbia also posted plenty of.

I'll basically dump the best of what I came up with, for the most part the stouts stuck with solid stuff.

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 176 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Brick Break

For any potential probopass's that wanted to come in and trap, they'd be slapped back and ohko'd with +2 brick break with this spread. for the most part, i ran this with another physical attacker who i can pass the sd to, like regigigas.

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 232 HP / 224 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

For chinchous that want to come in on stunfisk, eq does 60-70 which was great for team mates who were swanna + floatzel

Zweilous @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Earth Power

Banded zwei is a fantastic balance breaker, earth power was for defensive mawiles which allowed crunch to come in and clean up next time around. superpower does 50ish to bulky choke + never misses if you predict right on switch in, next time around crunch 2 hit kos with around 28%. breaks teams in half as long as it hits.

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Trick / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic

Doesn't have a single switch in, need to predict right though, paired it with defensive mawile for a) slow BP and b) something to take the knock offs so i didn't need to run a swanna / gourgeist for machoke.

as far as "innovation" goes, these are all the things I personally used. I built a tonne of things for my team mates but I don't think it's right for me to take credit for sets they used. Unless they take credit for chinchou, by which I started that craze >:( xD

Better late than never I suppose. Didn't end up using it but a cool core none the less. Double Fire where Band Rapidash basically breaks down SD Monferno checks like Stunfisk, Grumpig, and even Defensive Swanna with a little chip if rocks are up.

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz

Rapidash @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Megahorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)