Twitter Post your creative tweet ideas

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
If you have good ideas for tweets, then post them here!

Keep in mind that if our tweets make our audience laugh, feel compelled to favorite, reply, or retweet more often, then we're prone to exponential growth and retention of followers. Plus, we build our positive rep simultaneously so it's a win/win being a little less white-collar.

That all said, let's keep the suggestions competitively-oriented. We're still a competitive hub and that's what we advertise ourselves as, so it's only appropriate. Jokes, engaging questions about a particular metagame, inquiries meant to foreshadow something about the future of a metagame/a mechanic, etc... a lot will work, so don't feel too shy to spitball. I'll vet the submissions here and schedule them as we go.

I'm also open to tweeting general statements that seem likeable + retweetable. We achieve a high volume of responses/likes/retweets with funny stuff/Pokemon announcement related things, so if anyone has ideas not for questions, but moreso statements that are funny/charming/relevant to Pokemon, I'm happy to hear and maybe tweet them!

I'll quote your post and tell you I've tweeted something of yours if I like it.

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What's your favorite Pokemon to use in (insert tier here)?

Who are you rooting for in (insert major smogon tourney here)?

Which fossil did you pick in (insert gen)?

Finish the line: It's goin' down / I'm yelling ________ (Timburr)

What do you call an Aegislash with an attitude? Aegisass

other corny jokes, terrible puns, and which _____ did you choose tweets should do the trick

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When was the last time you played a Pokemon game?

Are you getting Pokemon Z? Why/why not?

If you had to change something about the games, what would it be?

When was the last time you got haxed and how was it?

Favourite play style?

Any other hobbies besides mons?

I honestly think more questions like bo's one wouldn't be bad. Ik it's a competitive hub, but showing that you're not oh-so-robotic, is never a bad thing

Not really competitively oriented, but:

What was your first Pokemon game?

What was your first starter Pokemon?

What was your hardest gym battle?

Things of that nature. I don't know if you're looking for exclusively "competitive" stuff in the form of metagame related topics, but questions like the ones I posted above apply to like 99.99% of Pokemon players. A lot of Orange Island stuff is probably best for generating discussion tbh as that's mostly open-ended opinion topics.

What's your favorite pokemon to beat stall with?

How do you think the new zygarde forms will be competitively? - Other stuff with Z too, people love speculating and hyping up new games

What pokemon always gives you trouble?

What EV spread/moveset do you use on (pokemon)?

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just an idea I've had in my mind for a while: Maybe we could make some threads with the explicit purpose of off-site participation? For example, I think it'd be cool if we had some sort of twitter based poll, maybe something like "What Pokemon do you want featured discussion on", and give twitter a list of mons to choose from. Not the best example, but I'm sorta in a rush here lol. Regardless, I think making people off-site have an actual affect on the forums could be a cool way to get more people to join Smogon!

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Just an idea I've had in my mind for a while: Maybe we could make some threads with the explicit purpose of off-site participation? For example, I think it'd be cool if we had some sort of twitter based poll, maybe something like "What Pokemon do you want featured discussion on", and give twitter a list of mons to choose from. Not the best example, but I'm sorta in a rush here lol. Regardless, I think making people off-site have an actual affect on the forums could be a cool way to get more people to join Smogon!
so you mean post a poll on twitter, wait for a consensus, and then start a discussion on that pokemon somewhere? are you suggesting said discussion is just posted within the respective tier forum and then linked on twitter?

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i think it'd be more effective for producing targeted featured content, a la articles and such. if you're talking about making discussion threads meant for twitter users on smogon, i'm not sure what that accomplishes b/c a lot of sections discourage topics like that (ie i can't go post a thread about a particular pokemon in OU because it's against the rules there). i do really like the idea of asking our audience what they would be interested in and then producing that content when available, though i'm sure that there are some intricacies that need to be worked out between potential writers and the social media fellows.

what suspect result do you most disagree with

how could you improve (insert shitmon here) in (insert tier here) to make it positively impact the meta. this could be like a weekly thing, thatd be really neat given the success of most theorymon projects

ps rooms you most commonly visit/most enjoy

why do you play your main tier and why

game mechanics you wish never changed (ie physical/special split) or are glad they did (ie sleep turns not resetting on the switch anymore)

worst sets youve seen on the ladder

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like an short analisys of the top threats pokemon and why they are popular right now, so we can ask in the end like "Do you have used this pokemon lately?" "Why you considered this pokemon better?" "What set do you use?" i think is very retweetable and likeable stuff and also can provide great interactuation between the people

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think sharing a funny nickname would be a cool tweet. For example saying you gave your Tyranitar the name Captain Crunch (nickname courtesy of OU room regular Avarice87).

Similar to DennisEG's thought, I think choosing a specific threat that has recently gained traction or is underprepared for in the current metagame of whatever tier would be cool. A threat of the week or the month if you will. This threat could potentially be chosen by asking people to tweet with their choice, and whatever got the most votes wins.

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If you had to use a monotype team on the OU ladder which type would you choose and why?

Most infuriating strategy you've ever encountered on the ladder?

Everyone has one battle they're ultra proud of winning - what's yours?

What was the most crushing defeat you've ever encountered on the ladder?

What was the most surprising comeback you've ever had/seen?

What is the worst/most costly mistake you've ever made laddering?

If you could go back to the start of your laddering career and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?

What is the silliest set you've ever won with?

What is the silliest set you've eve lost to?

If you were creating a "Themed Team", what theme and Pokémon would you choose?

What Pokémon do you use to counter X threat when playing Y tier? (S/A+ ranked annoying mons like Chansey)

Do you ever use Pokémon that aren't very viable just because you like them? If so, what ones and why?

Do you include any lower tier Pokémon in your OU teams? What ones and why?

which is the most overrated mon in (insert tier here)

whats a hidden gem in (insert tier) that people should use more

least favorite playstyle to face

what playstyle do you tend to use

what do you think is the best partner for (insert mon here) in (insert tier here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)