Post your favorite anime

So i have always been a big fan of the genre so i made this thread, please post your favorite anime or manga. Please if you post, make sure you explain the anime, why you liked it, what it is about.

So my top 5:
1-FLCL
2-Darker than black
3-Full Metal Alchemist
4-Saint Seiya
5-Haruhi or Neon Genesis Evangelion (can't decide)

So post your's!

Please if you post, make sure you explain the anime, why you liked it, what it is about.
Uhh... you first?

Anyway, my favourite anime of all time is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, the animation style is absolutely beautiful, the characters are powerful and the dialogue is completely stunning. Everything about it is just perfect <3

Uhh... you first?

Anyway, my favourite anime of all time is Clannad, and its sequel, Clannad After Story[/B]. The animation style is absolutely beautiful, the characters are powerful and the dialogue is completely stunning. Everything about it is just perfect <3

I'm a big manga fan... Eyeshield 21 and Witch Hunter are probably my favorites.. One Piece, Death Note, Black Cat, Zatch Bell, Bleach, Claymore were all good.. I love ridiculous characters with different abilities. lol

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I know im going to be shitted on because of the HATERS but I really like Bleach, theres something going on on it that I just like, I guess im a fan of the cute effects in battles and heroic stuff, hence I love Dragon Ball as well.

I watched Death Note recently and I completely loved it, well, the first arc that is, the second one was good but not as great as the first one, and the ending was just a huge ":|" to me if you get what im trying to say. The mystery in the series and a completely interesting plot, as well as the character development was stuning for me, I enjoyed it completely.

<-----

I mean look at him isnt he great.

I know im going to be shitted on because of the HATERS but I really like Bleach, theres something going on on it that I just like, I guess im a fan of the cute effects in battles and heroic stuff, hence I love Dragon Ball as well.

I watched Death Note recently and I completely loved it, well, the first arc that is, the second one was good but not as great as the first one, and the ending was just a huge ":|" to me if you get what im trying to say. The mystery in the series and a completely interesting plot, as well as the character development was stuning for me, I enjoyed it completely.
Bleach is not that bad. At least it isn't a religious mind***k like Evangelion or people throwing galaxies at each other. (ugh) I wish Ichigo AND EVERYBODY ELSE weren't so OMG so powerful bs that goes on in every anime. Or that SHOCKED face/emoness.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've always disliked calling anime a genre. They're cartoons from Japan. That's all. Genre refers to the style of the show - comedy, action, horror, etc. Anime covers a lot of that. Anyway, my favourite anime / manga series:

One Piece
The only one I'm still watching as it's not done yet. I read it every week and watch it every week as well. Absolutely love the characters and the universe. The only show from Japan that I like the humour in. Oda just knows how to make an adventure feel... adventurous. Loving the emotion in the current arc. I own every English volume so far and plan to keep collecting 'em.

FullMetal Alchemist
Could possibly be my favourite show. Loved both the original series and Brotherhood. Haven't had a chance to read the manga yet but will buy the box set once Viz is done localizing them (likely end of 2011 =/). Really enjoyed the story of Ishbal and the military more than anything.

Death Note
Was absolutely hooked for most of this show. Like FMA, I haven't read it yet but I might pick it up sometime. I love mindgames and that's pretty much what this entire show was about. I was hooked by the second episode. I guess I was wrong about One Piece being the only show from Japan I enjoyed the humour in because I found L hilarious.

I used to watch Naruto but couldn't bear the pacing. Loved it back then. Nowadays I read it but find it hard to care about what's going on. The current flashback's pretty interesting though. Nothing else I can think of that was noteworthy. I should start reading Fairy Tale. Japan's output in this field has really gone to shit these days though.

Edit: No. Bleach is pretty bad.

I watch a ridiculous amount of anime. like.... RIDICULOUS. Like you're reading this right now and thinking "oh he is exaggerating" but I'm not. I have a 500 gb external hard drive that is literally FULL. of nothing but anime. plus I own all the miyazaki movies (almost) and 5 seasons of bleach and the Elfen Lied Complete collection *pauses for breath* and the NGE platinum collection and Eureka Seven seasons 1, 2, and Good Night, Sleep tight young lovers. And more soon.

That being said I find it extremely difficult to pick a favorite. So I'll list some that I really liked but are maybe a little less well known.

RahXephon - a beautiful testament to Evangelion. At first it seems to be the same story and premise, but over the course of the series, grows into its own incredible masterpiece.

Romeo X Juliet - Maybe I'm biased because I love Shakespeare, but this gorgeous Sci-Fi adaption of the original love story really touched me.

Noein - I had a hard time finding background info on this one, but I really liked the concept. It fully explained to me the entire theory of parallel universes, and the animation style was new and different, and I quite liked it.

And many many many many more. If you check out my youtube channel, I plan to do an Anime Recommendation every time I post a battle video ;)

P.S. My opinion on Naruto/Bleach/other tedious long super popular anime: I like the stories and the characters and the concepts. It's not the creator's fault, per se, that it got super famous yet bastardized in the transition to anime. Adapations from Manga are often, in my opinion, disappointing and poorly done. I have however watched all of Naruto (no shippudden yet, I'm reading it though) and I own Bleach up through season 5. It just makes me sad that they couldn't do a better job in the animated rendition of what was clearly such a great idea. Kind of like The Last Airbender movie. God, I cried afterward I was so upset at its shittiness. anyway yeah the manga's great and the anime sucks. especially filler seasons jeez they are SO BORING

but I watch them all anyway

Like Firestorm, I loved Death Note - up until episode 26, anyway.

1-26, the show was a detective story, a thought experiment in morality and all around great show.

Post-26, instead of clever (though naturally extremely unlikely) Xanatos Roulette plots unfolding one after the other, we have a shitty second-rate version of L (the detective) who magically knows everything (think I'm joking? He works out who Kira's (the protagonist) proxy murderer is by sitting surrounded by televisions, they spin around him and he's instantly suspicious of exactly the right guy.

http://a.yfrog.com/img10/7370/deathnoteffg.jpg

Dragon ball (Z,GT)
but mostly the first, it's not that i dont like the sequels it's just that the show (while still maintaining it's action) was funnier, then it just escalated to this huge boss fights, and that was pretty much the whole show, and also that it took four episodes of nonsense talking for them to actually battle whenever they were going to battle

I don't really watch much anime, but from what I have watched, Trigun is my favorite. I also like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, and I like DBZ because I watched it as a kid.

that's about it

I don't watch that much anime, so my top three favorites are:

1) One Piece
2) Fullmetal Alchemist
3) Naruto Shippuden

Drawbacks: 75% of the characters in One Piece look ridiculous. I don't like Ed's and Al's voices in the anime. Naruto has too many fillers.

I really haven't walked too much anime, Dragon Ball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh are really about it. I discovered Dragon Ball Z when I was about a kid, back in like 1998 or 1999. The first episode I saw was of Gohan getting his power boost from the Grand Elder. I just thought the whole show was freaking cool, and I wanted to be like Goku.

Drawbacks: 75% of the characters in One Piece look ridiculous. I don't like Ed's and Al's voices in the anime. Naruto has too many fillers.
-One piece, i haven't really looked into it, doesn't seem that interesting to me.
-ALL ANIME ARE WAY BETTER WITH SUBTITLES; have you heard Naruto's voice, for some reason they always choose the people with the most annoying voices in the dubs.
-Skip episodes i watched the first saga and then went to shippuden, which thankfully has no fillers whatsoever.

-ALL ANIME ARE WAY BETTER WITH SUBTITLES

i believe you have misused the word all sir (my favorite animu)

edit: a small foot wall of text for you

Cromartie High Scool is without a doubt my #1 anime (animu) of all time. The comedy is so nonsensical and outrageous and is painted with some of the most colorful characters of all anime (and animation as a whole, and in a COMEDY! amazing). The show always kept you guessing and really took you on a ride. Laughs all around.

-One piece, i haven't really looked into it, doesn't seem that interesting to me.
That was my first impression too. Then I read and saw it, turns out it's actually got quite a great storyline to it. It's also fairly unpredictable.

One anime I want to mention: Bleach was really good in the beginning, but during the Hueco Mundo arc it just went completely down hill. Nowadays the manga is really just crap that's not worth my time.

I have to say that my favourite anime would definitely have to be DB(Z/GT). I have just finished watching all 3 series' (again) within the last 2 months and loved it. I love Dragon Ball for its comedic value, Dragon Ball Z for its epic fights against Frieza, Cell and (not Kid) Buu, and Dragon Ball GT for introducing the SSJ4 transformation and fusion.

@Firestorm: I would definitely read Death Note if you get the chance

As an anime? TTGL. Empowerment to the masses, row row fight the etc
Eyeshield 21 is great, but it finished at a stupid point. If we get to talk about manga too then Eyeshield/Mahou Sensei Negima are up there.

favourite ongoing is K-ON lol

haters gonna hate

Bebop is the best

saying "tengen toppa gurren lagann has stunning dialogue" is a ridiculous overstatement, it turns into a whiny simpering mess; I liked the series, but not because of something that was not there

reyscarface, people pointing out facts is not "being a hater"; there are tons of reasons Bleach is not the best. It can be your favorite, but that does not somehow make it good all of the sudden. Comparing the cuteness in Dragonball to the cuteness in Bleach is like saying NANA has music that can compare to the fucking Beatles, i.e. incredibly wrong.

Firestorm please there is so much better you can do than Fairy Tail. I know that might be the only type of manga you like or something, but seriously such a bad choice. Hell, as a poor mans Naruto, 666 Satan is better than Fairy Tail is as a poor mans One Piece. I am dropping it as soon as the current arc is over, that manga is nothing but people shouting excitedly and STANDING UP FOR EACH OTHER and vowing that stomping on that is like totally unforgivable!!!! You could read Yakitate Japan or something!

Fairy Tail isn't that bad, but it does jump around randomly. Only now have they tied anything together, and even then it seems insignificant compared to the huge tangents they've been out on.

I forgot about Rurouni Kenshin too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)