Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Quick question: What do the A and B slots refer to when breeding pokemon?

I've heard that the slots are determined by gender rather than order this generation... (correct me if I'm wrong) If that's so, then which one is which parent? And if I'm using ditto to breed, is it always considered to be the opposite gender of the pokemon I'm breeding it with?
If you're seeing A and B, it means you're using an older version of the program. Please update to the newest version, which uses the symbols for male / female to show which parent's IV is inherited.

For ditto, it takes the role of the opposite gender from the gendered pokemon.

I don't know what happens with Ditto, but if it is what you said (ditto is opposite of other poke), what is it with genderless pokes?
For genderless pokemon, ditto is female and the genderless one is male.

Your program has been working perfectly, I've tested out most of the Standard Seed features; one thing that confuses me though, is hitting the seed for Stationary shinies... I hit the right seed for a shiny & get the right nature and IVs provided for that specific PID, but the pokemon itself is not shiny. is there some kind of error there?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Your program has been working perfectly, I've tested out most of the Standard Seed features; one thing that confuses me though, is hitting the seed for Stationary shinies... I hit the right seed for a shiny & get the right nature and IVs provided for that specific PID, but the pokemon itself is not shiny. is there some kind of error there?
You'll need to provide specific information about your configuration (MAC address, game version, DS parameters) as well as the seed (date/time, held keys, 64-bit seed, frames you are aiming for) in order for me to know what's going on. Also, I'll need your TID and SID in order to investigate shiny stuff.

First off, this is an excellent program; thanks for taking the time to make it :)
Anyway, some feedback. When I use the standard seed searcher, it often tells me there are expected to be over 10000 results even with strict criteria. For example, checking the 'Shiny only' box or modifying the Hidden Power filter don't seem to affect the number of predicted results, even though in theory they should filter out a large proportion of spreads.
Next, would it be possible to add a 'breeding' mode to the seed searcher, where it takes into account inheritance when applying the IV filter? For example, a seed with the IVs 31/2/17/31/31/7 that inherits Attack and Speed from the father and Defense from the mother on a PID frame within the PID frame range would pass the filter in this mode.
Also in the seed searcher, could you add a minimum PID frame box? It would be nice to have the shiny frames with a low (unhittable) PID frame not counted.
Finally, I really like RNG Reporter's Researcher feature. Would it be asking too much of you to add something similar?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
When I use the standard seed searcher, it often tells me there are expected to be over 10000 results even with strict criteria. For example, checking the 'Shiny only' box or modifying the Hidden Power filter don't seem to affect the number of predicted results, even though in theory they should filter out a large proportion of spreads.
Indeed, the calculation isn't taking those things into account like it should. I should be able to get the fix into the next release.

Next, would it be possible to add a 'breeding' mode to the seed searcher, where it takes into account inheritance when applying the IV filter? For example, a seed with the IVs 31/2/17/31/31/7 that inherits Attack and Speed from the father and Defense from the mother on a PID frame within the PID frame range would pass the filter in this mode.
This will take a bit of time to implement, and won't make it into the next version, because I want to get ID abuse released soon. I'll need to do some experimenting as to the number of results this will produce, because if you only want to specify values on 3 IVs, the number of hits you'll get for that will be very high (I got 89 matches on 3 IVs set to 31 for IV frame 8 for a single day with up to 1 button press). Unless you limit it to the first 10 or 20 viable PID frames, the likelihood of getting the inheritance you want for any given seed is also fairly high (I picked a couple of results from those 89, and saw most of the possible inheritance variations that would yield flawless eggs appearing in the 50 frames starting from PID frame 50). Still, I see how it will be useful if you are looking for a very specific set of parameters with minimal frame advancing.

Also in the seed searcher, could you add a minimum PID frame box? It would be nice to have the shiny frames with a low (unhittable) PID frame not counted.
I'll add it in for the next release.

Finally, I really like RNG Reporter's Researcher feature. Would it be asking too much of you to add something similar?
I'd like a feature like this as well, but it will take some time and will be of a lower priority at the moment.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

If you're seeing A and B, it means you're using an older version of the program. Please update to the newest version, which uses the symbols for male / female to show which parent's IV is inherited.

For ditto, it takes the role of the opposite gender from the gendered pokemon.
Thanks! I was using an older version, so that explains it. Didn't realize that particular feature had been updated. In that case, shall definitely download the new version. Thanks again for the awesome program! =)

How do I go about using this? Much like TorchicBlaziken I also need a guide... Like, a right from the start guide. The main thread on here has too much information and it's about the PC version.. I'm not sure if they're the same, I don't know what seeds and frames are.... please help D:

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I can't wait for the new version, I want to ID abuse my copy of White soooo bad! xD
It's almost finished. Depending on some real life stuff, it could be as soon as tonight or not until Monday. Sorry for the delay.

How do I go about using this? Much like TorchicBlaziken I also need a guide... Like, a right from the start guide. The main thread on here has too much information and it's about the PC version.. I'm not sure if they're the same, I don't know what seeds and frames are.... please help D:
You should read through some of the Generation 4 RNG guides on the site, as they cover a lot of the fundamental concepts. If you're waiting for that level of guide for Generation 5, and then specifically for PPRNG (in general the same functionality as RNG Reporter, though presentation is different), I imagine you'll be waiting for quite some time, unfortunately.

Hey Chiizu.

I'm trying to RNG a shiny pokemon from an egg.

I set the DS configurations and got my Timer0 as C7F, Vcount 60, and VFrame 8 by hitting a seed and catching a high level pokemon in victory road and rare candying it up to get its IVs. I was able to catch that same pokemon a few times in a row so I used it to configure my settings.

Next, I went to standard seed searcher and selected some IV ranges to lower the search results. I clicked "Shiny only" and held keys as none. I first tried IV frame as min1 and max1 but that didn't work and I read hatching starts at frame 8. So I set IV frame as min: 8 and max:8.

I found a result, set my DS's clock to it and hit that seed. I clicked on the guy as fast as I could (kept c-gear turned off). But when I hatch the egg it is not shiny.

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks. This is my first time RNGing.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Chiizu.

I set the DS configurations and got my Timer0 as C7F, Vcount 60, and VFrame 8 by hitting a seed and catching a high level pokemon in victory road and rare candying it up to get its IVs. I was able to catch that same pokemon a few times in a row so I used it to configure my settings.

Next, I went to standard seed searcher and selected some IV ranges to lower the search results. I clicked "Shiny only" and held keys as none. I first tried IV frame as min1 and max1 but that didn't work and I read hatching starts at frame 8. So I set IV frame as min: 8 and max:8.

I found a result, set my DS's clock to it and hit that seed. I clicked on the guy as fast as I could (kept c-gear turned off). But when I hatch the egg it is not shiny.

Do you know your Secret ID?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hey Chiizu.

If you aren't advancing the PID RNG, the chances that the frame you start on is shiny is very small, even if there is a shiny on a relatively low frame on that seed. The seed searcher tells you which PID frame it found to be shiny, although egg frames are slightly different. You'll need to look at them in the seed inspector.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, you'll need to read some of the Gen 5 help thread, or find someone nice enough to explain it to you (preferably via VM or some place other than here -- this isn't a general help thread, but specific to PPRNG), because I unfortunately don't have the time at the moment. If you are just getting started RNGing, I'd recommend something simpler than breeding as your first attempt.

You should read through some of the Generation 4 RNG guides on the site, as they cover a lot of the fundamental concepts. If you're waiting for that level of guide for Generation 5, and then specifically for PPRNG (in general the same functionality as RNG Reporter, though presentation is different), I imagine you'll be waiting for quite some time, unfortunately.
Well, can't someone simplify it for me? Give me a few basic guidelines? I've been trying to get started by using so many different methods and applications (most of which won't work due to mac restrictions and the fact that I'm trying to RNG in Gen V). I'm getting annoyed at seeing everyone else being able to do it and not me, so can anyone please help?

I have parameters, but I need help searching for an egg seed.

I am trying to breed a Conkeldurr, however, this is all so confusing without instructions.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm getting a weird discrepancy between RNG Reporter and PPRNG.

DS Phat (US)
Pokemon White (US)
MAC Address: 00-09-BF-94-DF-C2
VCount: 60
VFrame: 8
Timer0: C7F-C80

RNG Reporter 9.74 tells me that I will have seed 2DD796100703254C at 04/26/11 12:16:12 if I hold down the Y Button and hit a Timer0 of C80. This seed has a hex-flawless spread on frame 11.

The problem is that, given the exact same search parameters, PPRNG 1.05 claims that there are no hex-flawless spreads available at all. Furthermore, if I enter the date, time, keypress, and parameters into the Standard Seed Inspector, it tells me that I'll get seed 01139C3CAF9FA6B7. Frame 11 for this seed is 15/2/7/17/13/1, which is a far cry from what I got with RNG Reporter.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems pretty clear that one (or possibly both) of these programs is miscalculating. I'll do some testing this weekend to see what seed I actually hit, but for now I just want to bring it to the developers' attention.
Just thought you should know. I don't have my laptop set up to be a Hackintosh so I can't investigate for myself.

Thank you for putting this together. I was wondering if I'd be able to do any RNGing with my Mac. Thanks to this, I've managed to catch a Special Flawless Timid Victini and hatch a Physical Flawless Jolly Drilbur (though I certainly had issues with getting the PIDs to match up a lot when breeding; I can go into more details if necessary).

I posted it in the temp RNG Help Thread, but I'll say it here since its where it belongs.

In Standard Seed Inspector, if you click on the eggs tab and press generate, the results are virtually the same as RNGReporter's Breeding(BW) results for the same seed. But, without an everstone, the frames on PPRNG are 1 more than the frames on RNGReporter. What I mean is on Frame 1, if it is Naive on RNGReporter, then on Frame 2 it is Naive on PPRNG.

It gets even more weird with an Everstone though. Let's say RNGReporter gives Frame 1 as Adamant, F/-/M/F/-/-, M/F/F/M, on PPRNG, Frame 2 will have the inheritance of F/-/M/F/-/- and gender of M/F/F/M, while Frame 3 will be Adamant. So the Nature(and DW) are 2 ahead in PPRNG, while everything else(Inheritance, Gender, Ability) are only 1 ahead. Again, this is only in the Egg tab of Standard Seed Inspector.

Otherwise, I love this program and think you are doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I posted it in the temp RNG Help Thread, but I'll say it here since its where it belongs.

In Standard Seed Inspector, if you click on the eggs tab and press generate, the results are virtually the same as RNGReporter's Breeding(BW) results for the same seed. But, without an everstone, the frames on PPRNG are 1 more than the frames on RNGReporter. What I mean is on Frame 1, if it is Naive on RNGReporter, then on Frame 2 it is Naive on PPRNG.

It gets even more weird with an Everstone though. Let's say RNGReporter gives Frame 1 as Adamant, F/-/M/F/-/-, M/F/F/M, on PPRNG, Frame 2 will have the inheritance of F/-/M/F/-/- and gender of M/F/F/M, while Frame 3 will be Adamant. So the Nature(and DW) are 2 ahead in PPRNG, while everything else(Inheritance, Gender, Ability) are only 1 ahead. Again, this is only in the Egg tab of Standard Seed Inspector.

Otherwise, I love this program and think you are doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for the above information.

I know that PPRNG and RNG Reporter have these kinds of differences, but at this point it's not clear which program (if either) is correct. People have reported getting shiny eggs with natures that don't match up with the shiny egg frame in RNG Reporter, for example. Until there is clear evidence one way or another, it's not worth 'fixing' either of them to match the other.

Ya, I think it's also important to add that while the frame I was aiming for in RNGReporter was supposedly an everstone frame(shiny and timid), when I checked the frame in PPRNG, 2 frames ahead of what I hit(which goes along with what I said above) was a shiny jolly frame. Sure enough, when I hatched the egg, it was shiny and jolly.

EDIT: How do we search for shiny eggs on PPRNG?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Just thought you should know. I don't have my laptop set up to be a Hackintosh so I can't investigate for myself.
As noted here, I think that RNG Reporter is generating 12th hour seeds incorrectly.

How do we search for shiny eggs on PPRNG?
Search for the IV spread that you want as the base for IVs of the egg, and the Seed Searcher will show you if there are any PID frames on it that are shiny. Unfortunately, the current version checks only one kind of PID (wild encounter PID) at this time, so there will be results which will give low frame shiny eggs even though it doesn't show so, as well as having results that won't actually yield shiny eggs even though it says there's a shiny frame. I plan to fix this in the next release or so, but in the meantime the best bet is to look at the results that indicate shiny in the inspector and see if it actually will produce a shiny egg.

Okay I tried a quick RNG on a wild pokemon to get 31/31/31/19/31/31.

I was able to catch a mienfoo with those exact stats so obviously I have the basics of RNGing down and I know my parameters are correct.

So in order to hatch an egg, I would find a seed through the searcher, double click it and click "eggs" in the inspector. I keep doing this until I find a set with the "!!!" mark in the column in a lowish PID frame.

To find what PID frame i'm currently on, I grab the egg, hatch it, then check its IVs to make sure i'm on the right IV frame. If so, then I check its nature. Repeat this a few times to figure out where I am through the seed inspector. Is this correct? Also, if I don't have a chatot, i technically could save 40 times to get to the seed I want, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)