testing stuffs called Raikou back!
testing stuffs sent out Salamence!

Salamence intimidates the foe's Celebi!
The foe's Celebi's Attack fell!
The foe's Celebi used Leech Seed!
Salamence was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!
Salamence is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Salamence's health is sapped by leech seed.
The foe's Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Celebi's perish count fell to 2.

Start of turn 11
Kranjcar called Celebi back!
Kranjcar sent out Tyranitar!

Salamence used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!

Predictions

ADV OU offense (or at least an attempt at it)​

So, if you know me, you know that I love playing offensively - as offensively as possible. Well, in ADV, I had trouble getting the hang of it... Until now. I decided to start considering Spikes a luxury as opposed to a necessity, use things like CBMence, and USE CURSELAX. Yeah I pretty much decided "hey I hate this Snorlax thing so I'm gonna use it". Took it for a spin, and not only did I have a blast, but the team actually, well, I dunno, worked.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Choice Band Salamence as a lead is just fantastic. It just hits everything hard, allowing me to get momentum from turn one. Additionally, it can beat Celebi, who is a major pain for Snorlax to face. It requires prediction, but I love prediction; it's what makes the game so fun (because I get to laugh my ass off when I predict Tyranitar coming in). You wanna switch to Skarmory? No. You really don't. You're just gonna get hit super hard by Fire Blast. So you want to switch to Zapdos? You still don't wanna do that. Well, if you wanna get your shit fucked by Rock Slide, then by all means, please switch to Zapdos. If I believe the prediction will benefit me in the long run, then by all means, I'm going to make that prediction.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I love this thing. Switch in on Will-O-Wisps and stuff to activate Marvel Scale, and when you run low on health, go for Rest and Marvel Scale is still active because you're asleep. In addition, since this is a RestTalk set, I can switch in on Sleep moves from the likes of Breloom and Gengar, activating Sleep Clause in a way that's advantageous for me. In addition, pretty much every team needs a bulky water, but I wasn't so keen on running Swampert because HP GRASS ON EVERYTHING! This is also my primary way of taking on DDMence and DDTar so they don't simply have their way with my team.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Raikou is easily walled (and fucked by Dugtrio), but it's still fantastic. For one, you need that HP Grass user for Swampert. Also, if Blissey/Snorlax/Dugtrio/Grass-type/whatever is down, I pretty much win. It's also always nice to have some extra insurance against Skarmory (I'm not touching Magneton, Magneton is a useless piece of shit) because if I want Snorlax to sweep, Skarmory's gotta be down. Plus, Suicune. Fuck that thing, I don't particularly care for it, and it can go die in a hole. (Probably going too far there) No worries, I can beat it with Raikou.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SDef
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

CurseLax! Don't get why I need to explain this one at all, but fine. It's a special tank and physical sweeper all wrapped up in one big package! Basically, it prevents Special sweepers from having a field day with my team, while at the same time having actual offensive presence. Usually I think having Rest without Heal Bell support is the worst idea ever, but CurseLax is so good it doesn't need Heal Bell support at all. I use Shadow Ball instead of Earthquake because I feel I have ways of handling Tyranitar, while I'd much rather hit Gengar before it gets the chance to Sub, and also making it harder for Gengar to stall Snorlax with Will-O-Wisp + Taunt.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

Need a CurseLax switch-in? Celebi. Job done. +1 Shadow Ball is still doing a decent chunk, but Leech Seed lets me stall it. As usual, I wanted to use something that could pose an actual offensive threat, which is why I went to Celebi as opposed to Skarmory (base 80 Attack uninvested Drill Pecks do no damage to anything...). If I have some Calm Minds, Snorlax won't particularly want to take a hit either, especially considering unboosted attacks just aren't doing enough (and Leech Seed too). Psychic > HP Grass because I like power.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 188 HP / 160 Atk / 160 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Explosion

Choice Band Metagross is overrated. Anyway, this is good for doing a little better against Shadow Ball Curselax than Celebi (especially if Snorlax is under the effects of Leech Seed). In addition, it's got ThunderPunch for a nice surprise for Skarmory, and also hits Gyarados without having to resort to Explosion. It can beat Tyranitar too! Unboosted Earthquake doesn't OHKO Metagross, while I can just hit it with Meteor Mash. Magneton? lol Magneton is useless, but Earthquake prevents Metagross from being Magneton bait. Explosion is nice to go out with a bang once its job is done and hit just about anything hard, while also being a nice last resort against Suicune.

Importable:

Code:
Salamence (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SDef
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 160 Atk / 160 SAtk
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Explosion
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Nice team dude.
As it stands, your team is really weak to Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Tyranitar can setup on Snorlax and Celebi, and run through your team. RestTalk Milotic isn't too great of a Tyranitar answer either. One change that should help is changing up your Metagross set. Your current Metagross set doesn't fair too well versus boosted physical sweepers like Salamence and Tyranitar.
Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Atk / 64 Def / 100 SAtk
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

So this Metagross lets you take on +1 Tyranitar and fire off a Meteor Mash. You lose a lot more attacking prowess but you still have HP Fire for Skarm/Forre, gives you a back up answer to Tyranitar, and you have a utility Explosion for Gyarados and Salamence. This bulkier spread is better against Aerodactyl. With Spikes and maybe sand, Aero can run through your team in the lategame, and Metagross helps assuage that problem. Finally, Metagross is really good with Leech Seed Celebi. A lot of Celebi's common switch-ins are Snorlax and Blissey. Using Leech Seed on the switch lets you keep Metagross very healthy throughout the match. If Regice comes in, then you can just threaten it out with Meteor Mash. Unless Snorlax is running Curse + Earthquake, then Metagross will beat it in the long run. Even if it is, you can stall it out with Celebi or explode on it with Metagross!

Now it's time to talk about Milotic. Your team is very offensive but Milotic slows you down a lot. Having RestTalk is cool but Snorlax already absorbs status so it's not too needed. A bulky Water-type with an offensive presence seems much better on this team, especially with the other changes I'll make. That's why I feel an offensive Suicune will fair well on this team. Suicune checks Salamence, Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, and can sweep through offensive teams.
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

This Suicune fixes up a lot of your weaknesses like giving you another check to Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Aerodactyl, both of whom are really difficult for offensive teams to face.It does all the things Milotic does and more! Losing Rest is kind of annoying but you have Surf in exchange, letting you deal serious damage to Skarmory switch-ins. With things like Skarmory weakened, CB Salamence and Snorlax do work later in the game. Hidden Power Electric prevents random Gyarados from ruining you, and it's good for other Water-types. Leech Seed Celebi can also stall out Snorlax and Blissey which will allow Suicune to sweep with ease later in the game.

Finally, I don't see what Raikou does for your team. You have Snorlax and Celebi to answer Suicune, HP Fire Metagross and Fire Blast Salamence for Skarm, and Raikou makes you weaker to Dugtrio, which is never a good thing. I think Dugtrio is better in Raikou's spot.
Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace

Dugtrio is a good check to Heracross since your Salamence isn't running any HP EVs. Dugtrio is also a nice check to Blissey if you can get it in on a double switch. With Blissey gone, Celebi and Suicune sweep with more ease. Dugtrio is also just fantastic for getting you out of bad situations like a Reflect Jirachi setting up or a Medicham. The Special Defense EVs let you switch into Raikou without fear.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
This team loses the Spikes meta so badly it's ridiculous. Spikes are incredibly prominent in ADV, and the only spinnerless teams which really work are teams even more offensive than this, trapping MagTrio teams, or teams where almost everything isn't grounded, like Superman. It is also horribly weak to Skarmbliss. Having a mixed Metagross doth not solve the Skarmbliss problem, in that Skarm can come in on Lax, Celebi, and Mence (providing the oppo predicts right/sacks something), and Spikes damage racks up quickly without the opponent even needing to predict well, on your assortment of grounded recovery-less attackers. Forre comes in on Celebi and your current Meta (backing up Sir with the HP Fire suggestion), and Curselax in the short term, and can similarly Spike up and force switches. Cloy gets in on Milo and Mence and plays similar havoc with Spikes. IMO get a spinner like Dol or Star somewhere on the team (Dol covers DDTar sans HP Bug / IB as well, something that Milo isn't that great at), or that "useless piece of shit" Maggy above Raikou to kinda stop Skarm and Forre playing Spikes havoc with you all day (Cloyster's not so bad, as it gets in on less stuff safely). GL mate.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
@Sir: Definitely trying the new Metagross EVs (and HP Fire for Forretress). Offensive Suicune looks like it would help, as Milotic has definitely been slowing me down a lot. Dugtrio seems useful, so I'll try that too. Thanks!

@Triangles: I do know the Spikes weakness is there (previously my ways of handling this were predicting Skarm/Forry to ensure they got up as few hazards as possible), so I understand the spinner suggestion. As of now Raikou seems like the most expendable member, but I don't know what spinner to use (Starmie is probably the best for a more offensive team, though Claydol can check some DDTar but PO's usage stats indicate that HP Bug DDTar is the most common variant. Best place to put Starmie would be in the "bulky water" spot, I guess, not sure though). I'll be trying Sir's Dugtrio suggestion first because I feel that I really need a reliable check to Heracross outside of Salamence, while Dugtrio helps against DDTar too. Maybe I'll try Magneton, but I still think it's completely useless outside of trapping Skarmory and Forretress. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)