Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

This is my 2017 MOTY list. I will be listing every match I rate 4+ stars. These matches are listed in order by rank, promotion, and date. Ranks are subject to change. Credit to Kev for the format.
*Added UK Title match, RR matches, and adjusted ranks.

WWE
WWE UK Championship: Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate - WWE UK Title Tournament - ****½
WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena - Royal Rumble - ****½
NXT Tag Team Championships: #DIY (c) vs. The Authors of Pain - NXT TakeOver: San Antonio - ****
WWE Universal Championship No Disqualification Match: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns - Royal Rumble - ****

NJPW
IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - Wrestle Kingdom 11 - ****½
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi - Wrestle Kingdom 11 - ****¼

NEVER Openweight Championship: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto - Wrestle Kingdom 11 - ****¼
IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega - Wrestle Kingdom 11 - ****¼

NOAH
GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Hajime Ohara vs. Taiji Ishimori - NOAH The First Navigation - ****

Last edited:
I feel that Dunne vs. Bate was overall a much better match. They had a bit more time, and that really gave the story in the match to develop. Bate is such a likable character that it was easy to get behind him. The selling he did with his arm was also brilliant. Overall I think the action was better paced and the overall story was driven harder in Dunne/Bate. Not to knock Dunne vs. Andrews either, that match was great. I gave it 3.5 if you care.

NXT TakeOver: San Antonio Ratings!

Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young - ***½
Andrade “Cien” Almas vs. Roderick Strong - ***¾
NXT Tag Team Championships: #DIY (c) vs. The Authors of Pain - ****
NXT Women’s Championship: Asuka (c) vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Peyton Royce - *½
NXT Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bobby Roode - ***

Well since DG9 is going down the route of putting his ratings here I thought I might as well do so too for NXT Takeover: San Antonio
Tye Dillinger vs Eric Young - **¾
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs Roderick Strong - ***½
NXT Tag Team Championships - #DIY(c) vs The Authors of Pain w/ Paul Ellering - ***¾
NXT Women's Championship - Nikki Cross vs Billie Kay vs Peyton Royce vs Asuka(c) - *¼
NXT Championship - Bobby Roode vs Shinsuke Nakamura(c) - **½

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Now now, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, but yes, that was a rather lacking show, wasn't it? Besides AJ/Cena there wasn't really anything that made up interested in watching. Neville/Swann was okay, but goddamn Owens/Reigns just dragged on for me. The Rumble itself...some great spots but overall just a massive asspull.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apparently I'm the only one who liked the rumble

womens match was decent
owens and reigns was solid, 4 stars
cruiserweights bore me so i didnt actually watch that one
aj/cena was excellent
rumble up until strowmans elimination was amazing, after that it was alright, the lesnar/goldberg stuff was good, taker was meh, reigns almost ruined the rumble match but i can get behind a wyatt family win

WWE Royal Rumble Ratings!

Becky Lynch, Naomi, and Nikki Bella vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya - **¼
Raw Tag Team Championships: Sheamus and Cesaro (c) vs. The Club - **¾
Raw Women's Championship: Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley - **½
WWE Universal Championship No Disqualification Match: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns - ****
WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Rich Swann (c) vs. Neville - ***½
WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena - ****½
Royal Rumble Match - **¼

I'm actually somewhat excited to see the mania match between Lesnar and Goldberg, or rather, how the whole thing will go since it'll probably main event WrestleMania 33

Just like WrestleMania 20, except they're thirteen years older and one of them recently came out of retirement. Super excited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)