Problems/complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the new version, I'm still getting the message from my anti-virus software that Battle Capacity has spyware in it. What part of the game is causing this, and could it be fixed in a future version?

SC, is there any program that might pinpoint where that is coming from? This isn't an issue that has been brought up to me before, but I trust that just means you have particularly sensitive anti-spyware software.

Could you do me a favor and see if your software reacts to the Lunaport file by itself?

For the new version, I'm still getting the message from my anti-virus software that Battle Capacity has spyware in it. What part of the game is causing this, and could it be fixed in a future version?
I had a similar issue trying to download BatCap. The problem isn't the exe itself I'm sure. When 4.1 got force removed from my PC, Norton said that it was removed because it was downloaded from Megaupload. I have no idea how to stop it from flagging files from Megaupload but you could either change the settings on your antivirus or try a mirror link.

Some things with Skulloton:

1. No picture on character select. He can be selected properly (bottom-left spot), but there's no picture there. Also, there's a significant delay in Skulloton's data showing up in the "selected character" area, as compared to other characters.

2. The sound effect for his 3A seems an odd choice. Not a "problem" per se, but doesn't seem to fit.

I have a couple questions about using CAP Battle with Linux. First, is it just me, or does it run slower in Wine then it should? Can't confirm since I can't get it to install in Windows (Lol).

Also, how do you run it from a Terminal? I need to know the command so I can make a shortcut in my main menu.

Errr...

I have some questions here ...

Are the hosters mentioned in the first post always available ?

If not, what time will they be online and what are their IPs ? (can I know this ?)

EDIT : And more, when I tried to join the Battle CAPacity
, it was full and I couldn't join it ... Is it always full ?

Sorry auramaster, I'm not sure how to help you here. If anyone knows Linux and Wine, perhaps they could chime in here?

VNS.Lunate, the hosters listed are those who are able to host games unaided. You don't need to know their IP because you can simply connect to them via the lobby. Usually, no one leaves an open game room in the lobby unless they know someone is going to join, so drop by the chatroom sometime and ask for some games.

Because of Hamachi, it is possible for everyone to host games now, regardless of whether they've set their ports or not. Because the first room filled up, we now have an Alt room. To keep it from filling too fast, we recommend, again, dropping by the chat for more information. This room too is reaching full capacity, so we may be creating another one shortly.

This is exactly what I did:

Downloaded the file on the website, unzipped it to its default location. I couldn't find any of the files in Search or in C:\Users\MR46BD~1.ALE\AppData\Local\Temp (that user doesn't even exist..) so I ran the file again and unzipped it to desktop this time.

Changed my playername in Lunaport and saved it, then went to open the BattleCapacityV04 file.
A black screen pops up and then vanishes. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

EDIT just noticed in Cartoons' sig that it says V4.1 so I'm going to try to download that and see if the older version is the problem.\
EDIT Same problem with 4.1 ... I'll try removing my firewall now.
EDIT added 4.1 to my allowed programs nothing. turned off firewall, nothing.
That's pretty much everything I can think of to make this work..

Nestle, that's actually not so uncommon. The thing with FM games is that for whatever reason, the directory in which you save the game cannot have a period in it, or else the file won't read, for whatever reason.

So, if the folder is in a place called
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx\Desktop\New Folder

it won't work because of this period ^

Myself, I just save it directly on the C drive
C:\BattleCapacityv4_1

Hope this helps! and sorry for the inconvenience.

Um, Cartoons, why is Rev invincible when he's performing the strangling frames of Bind? I am bringing up this point because when I play as skull I throw the bonemerang before Rev grabs me. And then, Rev does the strangling........ And doesn't get hit. WHILE he's strangling! What's up with that?

It's the same properties as any grab. Having a character be interrupted while performing a throw would cause lots of problems because the state of his victim is now dependent on the state of the throw.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Um, Cartoons, why is Rev invincible when he's performing the strangling frames of Bind? I am bringing up this point because when I play as skull I throw the bonemerang before Rev grabs me. And then, Rev does the strangling........ And doesn't get hit. WHILE he's strangling! What's up with that?
In addition, command throws (and throws of any kind) tend to have 100% invincibility on connection in a number of games, simply because it is in their nature to be big and flashy, and it wouldn't make sense to punish the player for connecting a solid move just because a projectile was in the wrong place.

I've had lots of trouble exiting full screen, everything starts flashing and the curser disappears, when I press "restore" in the bottom bar when it's minimized, it doesn't. Is there a way to restore it with a key press?

Full screen is usually not safe to do. If something happens during its minimized, or not selected, it can freeze. Suggest just clicking maximize button instead.

I'm not worried about that, when it becomes full screen, the top bar with "Options" and "Help" disappears, now I can't restore it down. And the cursor vanishes, too.

Tested F11 since that's not what I use, found it didn't work. If that doesn't work for you, alt+enter full screens and un-fullscreens everything ever. So that should work, too.

I've noticed that after pausing and minimizing the game that projectiles may stop working at least during arcade mode. The character will do the motion but no projectile will come out and if you lose it will only say "lose" instead of "you lose". So far I have experienced this with Skulloton, Stratagem, and Rev (although it didn't really affect him but I did get the "lose" text pop up).

Maybe I'm an idiot (probably) but I can't seem to work this. I get to the arcade/versus screen, I can get to the character selection screen. In versus, I can select P1's player but not P2's, though I can move P2 around. Can some one give me instructions on how to play (offline) from starting the program to playing (not ACTUALLY playing, I can figure that one out).

Thank you, and sorry for my idiocy.

EDIT: Nevermind, there appeared to be a problem that it didn't work in fullscreen. I got it. Its fun.

Downloaded it, clicked something, and it didn't work. I got this instead.

This program cannot be run in DOS mode
I googled it, and came up with this:

To run Setup from MS-DOS, you can run Winnt.exe from the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD-ROM. Type drive:\i386\winnt.exe, where drive is your CD-ROM drive, to start Setup.
...What?

Hm...that's strange that it would try to execute in DOS mode.

Firstly, double check this as it's not an uncommon issue.

Secondly, you're kind of vague here. What 'something' did you click?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)