PU Analyses Discussion Thread

Marill @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper (or Thick Fat)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD
Impish/Bold Nature
Knock Off
Toxic
Scald
Body Slam/Seismic Toss (if you chose Thick Fat)

I've used both Thick Fat and Sap Sipper variants in PU successfully, but Sap Sipper works beautifully to check grass types that expect Marill to be running Huge Power.
The max Defense & HP Marill can tank hits from some of the heaviest physical PU hitters, like Bouffalant, Dodrio, etc.
Knock off and Toxic give Marill some great guranteed utility (especially since there's no Mega in PU, so knock off will always work), while Scald and Body Slam gives some potential utility, as well as a little damage.

On the other hand, if you chose Thick Fat, Fire and Ice types will usually be completely walled by Marill, and this opens up the Seismic Toss (legal) option for you, which provides great reliable damage.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Marill @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper (or Thick Fat)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD
Impish/Bold Nature
Knock Off
Toxic
Scald
Body Slam/Seismic Toss (if you chose Thick Fat)

I've used both Thick Fat and Sap Sipper variants in PU successfully, but Sap Sipper works beautifully to check grass types that expect Marill to be running Huge Power.
The max Defense & HP Marill can tank hits from some of the heaviest physical PU hitters, like Bouffalant, Dodrio, etc.
Knock off and Toxic give Marill some great guranteed utility (especially since there's no Mega in PU, so knock off will always work), while Scald and Body Slam gives some potential utility, as well as a little damage.

On the other hand, if you chose Thick Fat, Fire and Ice types will usually be completely walled by Marill, and this opens up the Seismic Toss (legal) option for you, which provides great reliable damage.
Welcome to Smogon! This isn't the place to post this, as it has nothing to do with analyses. You would post this in the NFE thread in the PU forum. Even then, you would need some evidence that Marill is worthwhile. Saying that it is means very little otherwise. Replays are always helpful, as are examples of what role Marill would play. Either way, don't post this here.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
thoughts on giving Defensive Swalot a set analysis? (Rest-talk with sludge bomb, EQ, and rocky helm). I believe it is the more relevant of the Swalot sets in this meta as it walls important pokemon like Leafeon, Monferno, and Machoke, and it actually has a clear-cut niche. Although it is passive and only fits on more defensive teams, kind of like defensive Altaria.

Also the Simisear analysis definitely needs a revamp because its main sets have currently unviable attacks (like Low Kick and Grass Knot) and it has no mention of either physically-based mixed or Nasty Plot with SubSalac.

In my opinion, Simisear should have 3 sets:
1. Nasty Plot with SubSalac
2. Specially-based mixed Attacker: Fire Blast, HP ice, Focus Blast, Knock Off
3. Physically-based mixed Attacker: Overheat, Superpower, Knock Off, Rock Slide

I would be up to do that if Swalot is a no. (I've matured a lot since I failed the Golduck analysis so you shouldn't expect any problems from me this time )

Sobi

Banned deucer.
hi, below are a list of analyses with banned pokemon mentions. some can be edited through cms, others may need to be revamped due to quality / content.

Pokemon with access to U-turn such as Ninjask and Pelipper... Bulkier setup sweepers such as Vigoroth and Duosion
(Gourgeist Small) Flying-types such as Dodrio, Swanna, and Pelipper force Gourgeist-S out with their super effective STAB Flying-type moves... This allows it to effectively wall Pokemon such as Barbaracle, Basculin, and Raichu, while also allowing it to become a spinblocker.
Late-game sweepers such as Barbaracle and Carracosta appreciate
Adamant can be used if your team has other answers to Barbaracle, and it has some cool advantages, such as guaranteeing an...
Pokemon that prefer entry hazards gone to be effective such as Barbaracle and...
Lunatone carves out a niche in PU as a late-game Rock Polish sweeper that can ... by other Rock-types in the metagame such as Barbaracle and Carracosta.
however, if Barbaracle carries Taunt, it can prevent Dunsparce from setting up Stealth Rock or using Glare.
Thunder Wave can be used to slow down threats such as Barbaracle and Regice and prevents Meowstic-F from being a setup fodder ...
Superpower hits Carracosta, Barbaracle, Golem, and Flash Fire users that resist or are immune to Flare Blitz hard. Quick Attack is ...
Explosion prevents spinners and Defoggers, such as Armaldo and Pelipper, from removing Stealth Rock and provides ...
Other good choices for teammates are Torkoal and Pelipper, which can also get rid of entry hazards. Regice also appreciates ...
Pelipper also provides entry hazard removal support, which is appreciated by offensive teams in general. Entry hazard setters such as ...

if there are more, i'll add them under here

EDIT:

Marowak - or Heatmor, make for good partners, as Marowak is really hampered by it. Guts users such as Throh can also absorb burns well.

Solrock - as it helps Solrock beat Fire- and Flying-types, while Zen Headbutt can be used to hit Pokemon such as Throh and Poliwrath.

Gogoat - Pokemon that are weak to Grass-type moves, such as Golem and Poliwrath, ...

Simipour - Simipour is a decent Choice Scarf user, and it is the only Water-type in PU to ... coverage, hitting Water-types, such as Poliwrath, for super effective damage.

Drifblim - Fighting- and Steel-types such as Poliwrath and Probopass beat Ice-types; the former can also beat Dark- and Steel-types, and ...

Last edited:
hi, below are a list of analyses with banned pokemon mentions. some can be edited through cms, others may need to be revamped due to quality / content.

Pokemon with access to U-turn such as Ninjask and Pelipper... Bulkier setup sweepers such as Vigoroth and Duosion
(Gourgeist Small) Flying-types such as Dodrio, Swanna, and Pelipper force Gourgeist-S out with their super effective STAB Flying-type moves... This allows it to effectively wall Pokemon such as Barbaracle, Basculin, and Raichu, while also allowing it to become a spinblocker.
Late-game sweepers such as Barbaracle and Carracosta appreciate
Adamant can be used if your team has other answers to Barbaracle, and it has some cool advantages, such as guaranteeing an...
Pokemon that prefer entry hazards gone to be effective such as Barbaracle and...
Lunatone carves out a niche in PU as a late-game Rock Polish sweeper that can ... by other Rock-types in the metagame such as Barbaracle and Carracosta.
however, if Barbaracle carries Taunt, it can prevent Dunsparce from setting up Stealth Rock or using Glare.
Thunder Wave can be used to slow down threats such as Barbaracle and Regice and prevents Meowstic-F from being a setup fodder ...
Superpower hits Carracosta, Barbaracle, Golem, and Flash Fire users that resist or are immune to Flare Blitz hard. Quick Attack is ...
Explosion prevents spinners and Defoggers, such as Armaldo and Pelipper, from removing Stealth Rock and provides ...
Other good choices for teammates are Torkoal and Pelipper, which can also get rid of entry hazards. Regice also appreciates ...
Pelipper also provides entry hazard removal support, which is appreciated by offensive teams in general. Entry hazard setters such as ...

if there are more, i'll add them under here

EDIT:

Marowak - or Heatmor, make for good partners, as Marowak is really hampered by it. Guts users such as Throh can also absorb burns well.

Solrock - as it helps Solrock beat Fire- and Flying-types, while Zen Headbutt can be used to hit Pokemon such as Throh and Poliwrath.

Gogoat - Pokemon that are weak to Grass-type moves, such as Golem and Poliwrath, ...

Simipour - Simipour is a decent Choice Scarf user, and it is the only Water-type in PU to ... coverage, hitting Water-types, such as Poliwrath, for super effective damage.

Drifblim - Fighting- and Steel-types such as Poliwrath and Probopass beat Ice-types; the former can also beat Dark- and Steel-types, and ...

mag edit: you did the camerupt RU analysis, not the PU one. "the rare pelipper" tipped me off to that lol

sobedit: looool
I found more

"Overall, it is very weak and is easily taken out by common Pokemon in the metagame such as Poliwrath and Piloswine."
"It faces strong competition from other Stealth Rock setters such as Piloswine and Probopass, which have access to a priority move in Ice Shard and a pivoting move in Volt Switch, respectively."
"Piloswine, Torterra, and other Ground-types don't care how cute Pachirisu is, because one Earthquake is all it takes for the electric squirrel to go down.
"Volt Switch should not be used when the opponent carries Pokemon immune to Electric-type moves, especially Ground-types such as Piloswine, Golem, and Torterra."
"Physical walls such as Torkoal and defensive Pelipper, the former of which can also Rapid Spin away the hazards Purugly is trying to preserve, make good stops to Purugly and can hit it back hard."
"Always pair Shedinja with Defog or Rapid Spin users, such as Togetic, Pelipper, Vullaby, Torkoal, and Armaldo.

Also, another thing I wanted to point out:

Clefairy's overview says that it receives competition from Carbink.

Really?

I think Drifblim needs a revamp. It still mentions Togetic, which left a long time ago and the Calm Mind ChestoRest set honestly isn't very good in the current meta. SubCM with a Sitrus Berry is a much better set. The Acrobatics set I think should be Substitute, Acrobatics, Will-O-Wisp with either Destiny Bond or Baton Pass slashed in the final slot, with a Sitrus Berry as the item.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Vibrava needs a fairly significant revamp, in my opinion. The current Vibrava analysis makes many references to Specially Defensive being its best set and talks about it checking special attackers a ton, while right now I agree with many others that physically defensive is its better set. If other people agree, I'd be willing to do it after Crustle is GPed / Pelipper skeleton is done.

Feel free to post opinions.

Also I think Sub-Toxic Lapras deserves an analysis but I won't do that one so someone will have to agree.

Last edited:
Yo, I was curious, If I write a analysis for smogon for Pignite ( who I believe is a valid poke who is not analyzed) will it be considered?

I think Drifblim needs a revamp. It still mentions Togetic, which left a long time ago and the Calm Mind ChestoRest set honestly isn't very good in the current meta. SubCM with a Sitrus Berry is a much better set. The Acrobatics set I think should be Substitute, Acrobatics, Will-O-Wisp with either Destiny Bond or Baton Pass slashed in the final slot, with a Sitrus Berry as the item.
I couldnt agree with you more, drifblims analysis is outdated

Last edited by a moderator:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Second of all:

Yo, I was curious, If I write a analysis for smogon for Pignite ( who I believe is a valid poke who is not analyzed) will it be considered?
I couldnt agree with you more, drifblims analysis is outdated
first of all, don't double post, instead use the "edit" button: it's located by your name in the bottom left hand corner of the post.

Pignite is not viable because we have Monferno, which outclasses it due to boosted, reliable priority, a better speed tier, and access to U-turn or Swords Dance. I'm not QC, but I bet that they won't let you write up an analysis on it.

Last, I disagree with ChrystalFalchion's drifblim points. AcroBlim is still its best set by far; ShuckleDeath can tell you that he gets swept by acroblim daily (:^)).

I was testing this team with AcroBlim. Everything was looking bad for me. I forgot EVs on my Camerupt. He had special floatzel, and jungle fox suggested we "go with no water resist." But then... watch: this is something that only AcroBlim could do :3 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-415505686

Last edited:
I didn't say AcroBlim was a bad set - merely that the current set listed would be better with a Sitrus Berry, as it activates much earlier and is much less risky on the whole. That replay had me screaming at the bad plays - you stayed in when locked into a resisted move, and your opponent didn't set up Stealth Rock, which would've crippled your SSSA strategy (switch, switch, switch again).

Second of all:

first of all, don't double post, instead use the "edit" button: it's located by your name in the bottom left hand corner of the post.

Pignite is not viable because we have Monferno, which outclasses it due to boosted, reliable priority, a better speed tier, and access to U-turn or Swords Dance. I'm not QC, but I bet that they won't let you write up an analysis on it.

Last, I disagree with ChrystalFalchion's drifblim points. AcroBlim is still its best set by far; ShuckleDeath can tell you that he gets swept by acroblim daily (:^)).

I was testing this team with AcroBlim. Everything was looking bad for me. I forgot EVs on my Camerupt. He had special floatzel, and jungle fox suggested we "go with no water resist." But then... watch: this is something that only AcroBlim could do :3 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-415505686
Just a poke not being as viable as another poke doesn't mean that smogon wont have sets for it. I mean, they have an analysis for pidgeot, who gets outclassed by dodrio in nearly any way. And about drifblim, I'm not saying that the set isn't viable anymore, but they still talking about pokes that were banned long ago means that it needs a bit of a reboot. And, about pignite, pignite does have a lot more bulk ( mainly in HP) and attack than monferno, and would really play more as a band wall breaker while monferno typically uses life orb or scarf. I'm not saying Pignites going to S tier anytime soon, but its been useful enough to me to deserve an analysis.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a poke not being as viable as another poke doesn't mean that smogon wont have sets for it. I mean, they have an analysis for pidgeot, who gets outclassed by dodrio in nearly any way. And about drifblim, I'm not saying that the set isn't viable anymore, but they still talking about pokes that were banned long ago means that it needs a bit of a reboot. And, about pignite, pignite does have a lot more bulk ( mainly in HP) and attack than monferno, and would really play more as a band wall breaker while monferno typically uses life orb or scarf. I'm not saying Pignites going to S tier anytime soon, but its been useful enough to me to deserve an analysis.
We only give analyses to fully evolved pokemon without analyses for any other tier because every fully evolved mon gets one. If an NFE is not viable, it does not get an analysis. Pignite is not viable, it is not ranked, it is not getting an analysis. This won't change unless we rank it, and we've already turned it down in the VR thread. If you want it to get an analysis, you'll have to argue its case there and not here, but I wouldn't expect much success since we've already been through all this and you can read the arguments against there.

acroblim is the better set, I'm pretty sure nobody on QC thinks sitrus is better altho it might be alright for a slash or set details idk but this is low priority and the only edit I'd make rn would be putting sucker punch on acroblim.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
can we bump Lumineon's speed to 48 to outpace +spe Cacturne, I don't think its extremely common but you don't sacrifice to much bulk and is always good to have no matter what

Pupitar @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge/ Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rest

I have had moderate to great success running this set with team support from Lumineon (to catch water type attacks) and Gogoat (to catch grass type attacks) as well as Shedninja, Mawile, and Chatot to round off other threats. This is the first custom set I've ever made, as Smogon did not have any information for any generation on Pupitar as far as I could tell. After one Dragon Dance, Pupitar is capable of sweeping unprepared offensive teams, and two dragon dances makes it faster then all unboosted Pokemon in the tier with the EV spread (this includes Electrode by my calculations.) The main reason for defense investment is I have found it helpful in tanking priority moves like Monferno's Mach Punch, and the common Sucker Punch. EdgeQuake is a formidable stab combo, that I have found to have great coverage in PU. Pupitar is also able to get healthy through rest, which coupled with its ability Shed Skin can help reduce waits for rest, as well as get rid of the crippling burn for physical attackers. Pupitar certainly is a tricky Pokemon to build a team around, since it lacks sturdy like Golem and loses its item slot to Eviolite, but I have seen enough success with it to think it deserves an analysis.

Here is a Showdown video that showcased a bit of success from Pupitar

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-458511342

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pupitar @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge/ Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rest

I have had moderate to great success running this set with team support from Lumineon (to catch water type attacks) and Gogoat (to catch grass type attacks) as well as Shedninja, Mawile, and Chatot to round off other threats. This is the first custom set I've ever made, as Smogon did not have any information for any generation on Pupitar as far as I could tell. After one Dragon Dance, Pupitar is capable of sweeping unprepared offensive teams, and two dragon dances makes it faster then all unboosted Pokemon in the tier with the EV spread (this includes Electrode by my calculations.) The main reason for defense investment is I have found it helpful in tanking priority moves like Monferno's Mach Punch, and the common Sucker Punch. EdgeQuake is a formidable stab combo, that I have found to have great coverage in PU. Pupitar is also able to get healthy through rest, which coupled with its ability Shed Skin can help reduce waits for rest, as well as get rid of the crippling burn for physical attackers. Pupitar certainly is a tricky Pokemon to build a team around, since it lacks sturdy like Golem and loses its item slot to Eviolite, but I have seen enough success with it to think it deserves an analysis.

Here is a Showdown video that showcased a bit of success from Pupitar

Your link isn't correct, here's a fix:

Sorry, but the video showcased nothing. Your opponent was using a pretty poor team (Ivysaur? Is that a thing now?), recklessly switched in his Pupitar check (note: not resist), and carelessly used Grass moves when a Gogoat was perfectly visible on your team (staying in to Toxic when you could have been a rare SubBU set was also odd). Tbh, Gogoat was the bigger star just because it would have overwhelmed your opponent had you not chosen to switch out to show off Pupitar.

As for Pupitar itself, many newer players tend to suggest it in the main PU forum and here in PU QC; it's understandable that you see stuff like Dragon Dance, EdgeQuake, Shed Skin, and Tyranitar-pre-over and feel like it would be a usable Pokemon. Sadly, it's miraculously slow even with Jolly and +1 Speed; it is still outsped by base 102 Speed mons that run +Speed natures (almost of them). Getting to +2 is difficult, almost impossible honestly, against any decent player. With Golem also just being moved to S-rank, players are certainly prepared for Rock/Ground Pokemon and coverage, and no Sturdy makes setting up even harder. Sheer competition is another point against it, posing the question: Why bother using it when there are better Pokemon in the tier?

There is a better DD sweeper (Fraxure), better Rock/Ground mon (Golem), better slow set up sweeper with the same coverage (Crustle), better overall Rock-types (Relicanth, Solrock, even Armaldo and Rampardos), and better Ground-types (Stunfisk, Gabite, Marowak, etc.). Too much competition means that an NFE needs a steady niche to fill, and so far Pupitar fails to show off anything notable. If you can demonstrate a niche that has notable value, then maybe it would be considered. But Pupitar has been touched on several times during the course of XY/ORAS and has been judged to not deserve a rank in the Viability Rankings, let alone an analysis. It's not a fully evolved Pokemon, which automatically gets an analysis, and it's not a very good NFE; there isn't really a reason for an analysis.

My suggestion, you would have been better off talking about Pupitar in the main PU forum, but I actually don't suggest doing so. Perhaps go on the PU Room in Pokemon showdown, or on the PT Discord server instead and get a general opinion on Pupitar. You certainly don't want to try and argue for a Pokemon like Pupitar with no one on your side. More importantly, everyone would be happy to help you develop.

Welcome to Smogon!

I think Crustle's Shell Smash set should be listed first. Its low Speed means it has more trouble hazard stacking - from experience it gets up 2 layers at most. Plus the lack of good Rapid Spinners in PU make Spike Stacking an inferior team style overall. The Shell Smash set is an awesome late game sweeper - I used it on a team that peaked at no.5.

Conni

katharsis
Hai, just wanted to see if Meditite was good enough or viable enough to receive an analysis, I came up with two sets here but I'm also open to ideas

name: Bulky Physical Attacker
move 1: High Jump Kick
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Rock Slide / Fake Out
move 4: Zen Headbutt
nature: Adamant / Jolly
item: Eviolite / Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 192 Def / 64 Spe

Can take out Pawniard. Drain Punch/High Jump Kick - Guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 828-976 (358.4 - 422.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Meditite Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 480-568 (207.7 - 245.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Same with Regice, the Fighting-type moves can OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Meditite Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Regice: 270-318 (89.7 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Meditite High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Regice: 462-546 (153.4 - 181.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Checks Monferno
252+ Atk Pure Power Meditite Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Monferno: 320-378 (118.9 - 140.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If run Rock Slide can check Articuno although Hurricane OHOKes Meditite
252+ Atk Pure Power Meditite Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Articuno: 360-424 (112.1 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO
will be explain more in the analysis if you guys confirm

name: Bulky Special Attacker
move 1: Focus Blast
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Vacuum Wave
move 4: Hidden Power Rock / Shadow Ball
evs: 252 SpA / 192 Def / 64 Spe
nature: Modest / Timid
item: Eviolite / Life Orb

252 SpA Meditite Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 532-628 (230.3 - 271.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO - Takes out Pawniard
doesn't do well against Regice due to it being a special tank beast
252 SpA Meditite Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Monferno: 168-198 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - Does the same as Psyshock, reliable but not as good as Zen Headbutt
This set is Articuno fodder as it can just take it out easily therefore physical set is pretty much better than this

EDIT: Anty fixed this so you can just ignore this post :)

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
consdering how good of a set it is right now, I think Sub CM Grumpig should definitely be getting a single-set analysis, especially because it's not even other options on the current analysis (?????) even though we just uploaded the new regular grumpig one. I can probably do this in a week or so when my papers are done unless someone else wants to

edit: sorry I didn't see it and I'm bad!!

Last edited:
Hi, while i don't play PU much myself, i highly believe that pikachu should receive a analysis. While it might be completely unviable and outclassed by raichu, it is however still the mascot of pokemon. Thousands of people googles Pikachu but only to find that its smogon entry is completely empty hence i believe that pikachu should receive and analysis out of its popularity.

Also, even if its not as much of a serious analysis, if spinda , beutifly and even luvdisc can still get an analysis , i believes pikachu deserves one as well before SuMo comes out.

Hi, while i don't play PU much myself, i highly believe that pikachu should receive a analysis. While it might be completely unviable and outclassed by raichu, it is however still the mascot of pokemon. Thousands of people googles Pikachu but only to find that its smogon entry is completely empty hence i believe that pikachu should receive and analysis out of its popularity.

Also, even if its not as much of a serious analysis, if spinda , beutifly and even luvdisc can still get an analysis , i believes pikachu deserves one as well before SuMo comes out.
The only reason these Pokemon recieved analyses is because they are fully evolved. If Pikachu was fully evolved, it would recieve an analysis, and likewise if those Pokemon were not fully evolved then they would not have analyses.

The only reason these Pokemon recieved analyses is because they are fully evolved. If Pikachu was fully evolved, it would recieve an analysis, and likewise if those Pokemon were not fully evolved then they would not have analyses.
While I agree with you Magnemite about pikachu not receiving an analyses just because it is the mascot for pokemon because this is a competitive site that is supposed to help people develop teams competitively, however I believe pikachu should get reviewed because pikachu is a pu worthy pokemon; allow me to explain. Pikachu has one key element that sets it apart from all other pokemon in the teir and that is the light ball, which for all of you all who don't know doubles pikachus attack AND special attack, meaning that unlike pikachu's big brother raichu; pikachu can actively run a physical oriented set without any ev investments in special attack and still hit hard. With the combination of fake out, grass knot, knock off, and volt tackle pikachu can become a great anti-lead. Pikachu with fake out damage included will outspeed and knock out monferno, with fake out pikachu can break golems sturdy and proceed to knock him out with grass knot, and if the opponent sees the fake out coming and tries to switch in a ghost type use knock off and it should be stated that pikachu can survive a shadow sneak from dusknoir. And I know what you are thinking well raichu is faster and has better stats a life orb raichu can do the same thing. Well raichu takes alot of passive damage from the life orb making raichu very venerable to priority attacks diminishing what little bulk it had. well this is my arguement I hope you consider it.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I forgot to put to a video link up there my bad.
file:///Users/RadicalFlareon/Downloads/PU-2016-11-05-brokenphobias-viros.html
That's not a video link. That's the location of the video in the files on your computer, meaning we can't see anything with it.

And while I'm not a forum mod, I hope the actual forum mods will be okay with me saying that you shouldn't double post like that. In the future if you want to add on to something you've already posted, just click the "Edit" button directly under the first post you made and add the info there instead of making a new post. Double posting can clog up threads.

To respond to your actual argument, sure Pikachu has a small niche as the most glass-like of all glass cannons, but it's difficult for me to justify giving it an analysis when it sees practically zero use on actually competitive teams. It may be seen in low ladder a lot, but in higher level tournament play, anyone who uses Pikachu is probably just doing it as a joke. If there are no other analyses to do of pokemon that are competitively viable, then I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it getting one, but it should be the lowest on the priority list.

Can i do an analysis on pupitar and lairon? I mean why not i've used them and they work better than golem right now. Lairon if you look at the base stats next to each other isnt much different from Doublade (which is in UU) and Pupitar can compete with Golem very well. And yes I did post the proto-type Pupitar analysis but i have re-formatted to meet the requirements of the PU staff (im new to the forums).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)