Resource PU Matchmaking! (Week 9.1: Aurorus)

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looks like the winner this week is iRebel, so congratulations bud!

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

So this week I thought that we'd have a look at a rather unique Pokemon in Lanturn, specifically the Cleric set. Once a staple on most ORAS NU balance teams, having a usage stat as high as 20%, it has fallen in popularity recently among the current PU player-base. Sporting a great ability in Volt Absorb, a high HP stat along with decent defensive stats, a strong dual-STAB and Heal Bell support, Lanturn is certainly able to find a good partner!

You have until Sunday to submit!

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Lanturn and Bronzor form a nice defensive core that covers nearly all of each-others weaknesses well, while Bronzor acts as a good defensive check/counter to a lot of the sweepers that would threaten to set up on Lanturn (such as Jynx and non-HP Fire Lilligant). Bronzor also benefits from Lanturn carrying Heal Bell as a way to circumvent the downside to using Rest as its only recovery move. The core is a little weak to Skuntank, but Skuntank doesn't appreciate Scald burns from Lanturn and after Skuntank is defeated, Bronzor is able to heal itself to full with Rest.

Last edited:

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Primeape creates a good VoltTurn core with Lanturn as they're able to check each others checks very well. Lanturn can check flying types such as Oricorio-G and Swanna for Primeape whilst Primeape can check things like Lilligant and Abomasnow which Lanturn struggles with.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
tangelo @ eviolite
ability: regenerator
evs: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spd
bold nature
- giga drain
- leech seed
- knock off
- synthesis

lanturn and tangela work pretty well together by beating each other's main answers. Lanturn beats scary mons like Magmortar and Swanna, while Tangela beats Grass-types, Ground-types, and other stuff. They're both pivots in their own right, lanturn with volt switch and tangela with regenerator, so that's pretty cool. tangela is physically defensive and lanturn is specially defensive so they mesh well that way too.

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

I decided to get a Guts mon up and here's why: Lanturn is a defensive mon while Ursaring is an attacking mon so I thought it will be a good idea to make an all-around team with Lanturn and Ursaring. So basically the common Guts Ursaring it a Volt switch into Ursaring to get the Flame orb up and then let the fun begin with Ursaring.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And the winner is... Taskr! Congratulations bud n_n

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance

This week I thought we'd find a partner for one of the most deadly setup sweepers in the tier, Oricorio-G. With basically unresisted STABs, access to a powerful nuke in Flyinium Z, and a way to play around Sucker Punch users such as Skuntank and Shiftry, Oricorio-G solidifies itself as one of the best sweepers in the tier. Can you find a partner for this love bird?

Submissions close this Sunday!

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Gurdurr is able to weaken, cripple and/or remove Pokemon that annoy Oricorio-G due to their ability to either tank hits, outspeed it or force it into 50/50s like Audino, Eelektross, Lanturn, Primeape, Regirock and the aforementioned Sucker Punch users. Oricorio in turn helps Gurdurr with Pokemon like Gourgeist-XL, Mesprit, Musharna and Weezing, which all annoy it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)