Metagame PU Squad Dump

Approved by whoever
taken over from yogi
Artwork by Moon; Old Banner by fleurdyleurse based on MapleRose's art

1545631170544.png

The Purpose of this Thread

This thread welcomes all those players that wish to share their teams. Feel free to post your unique teams that you think shouldn't pass unnoticed even if they are not sample- or RMT-worthy.

Rules

• Post an importable of your team under spoiler tags or link it to the sprites of your team.
  • Add a short description of the team you are posting. There's no need to write a book about it, but having a short paragraph describing, for example, how the team should be played or its wincon is very helpful.
  • Since your post will be listed in an index in the first messages of the thread, please include the sprites of the Pokemon of your team.
  • Be creative! The teams don't have to be meta-defining or flawless. On the contrary, most of them usually feature a unique Pokemon or strategy that is not seen very often. However, keep in mind that the team should still be decent in practice, so please don't post overly gimmicky stuff like monocolor teams or monoNFE teams.
Resources
Here is the easiest method to use either modes or sprites, where you simply import your team into the "importable" box then chose from a selection of image types, such as models or sprites.

In the case that the link above isn't working, then this link contains an index of all pokemon sprites, including shiny forms, held items, z-crystals and much more, while this link contains an index of all pokemon models and battle sprites across all generations!

Please note: The teams that are posted will be listed in an archive, which includes the first three posts of this thread, that is divided into three categories: offensive teams, balanced teams, and defensive teams. Most teams will be included, though if some are too vulnerable to the current metagame or too meme-ish, we reserve the right not to add it.

Click here to go to the ORAS Squad Dump thread

Have Fun and Happy Posting!

Last edited:

Scyther Balance (+ Firium Z Skuntank and Specs Eelektross)

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Skuntank @ Firium Z
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Acid Spray

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Brick Break

Eelektross @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch

Lurantis @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

This is my favorite team to use at the moment. Scyther is my favorite mon of the tier, and I wanted to build a team around it. Gurdurr, Scyther, and Lurantis have fairly standard sets, but the others need some explaining. Special Inferno Overdrive Skuntank lures in would-be checks such as Mawile, pre-Rock Polish Torterra/Aggron, and can screw up Sun teams easily. Acid Spray's a neat tech that can wear down a bulky member of the opponent's team and let Eel, or even Lurantis and Carracosta beat it quicker. Eel's Specs set is an odd one, but one I like due to Eel's movepool and Levitate ability. This allows it to have a fairly good matchup against Piloswine, the bain of most Electric-types in the tier, and 105 is about the same as Manectric so its not even that much weaker (While you'll miss Overheat, you don't have to fucking switch out every time you want to burn shit up). Carracosta's Defensive set can KO shit like Jynx and Magmortar even without investment. The typing and ability do it for me IMO. The team has a weakness to Fighting-types once Scyther dies (although Gurdurr can tank hits from non-Bulk Up Chan and Scarf Ape and hit back with a strong Drain Punch + Mach Punch combo), however, so you should be careful in preserving the members.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Specs Guzzlord Bulky Offense (Featuring Wormadam Trash)
Big Gulp (Guzzlord) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor

Wormadam-Heat (Wormadam-Trash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Musharna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Gurdurr (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

So I built this team around probably my favorite Pokemon in PU- Choice Specs Guzzlord, baby! Max SpA is obvious while the Speed is to suprise slower 'mons like Grannbull or (before) Hariyama. Guzzlord also acts as my Fire switch-in, and breaks down the opponent early game with stupidly powerful Draco-Meteors. Wormadam-Trash is here as my blanket special wall and Mush+Lilli counter (use ferroseed if you're not a special snowflake). It's also fun to play protect footsies with Pyroar to get it to lock into Hyper Voice. Musharna takes on Fighting-types while being a late game CM wincon. Gurdurr is my physical tank and status absorber, and helps remove those pesky steels that Musharna and Guzzlord so hate. Kangaskhan is a glorius revenge killer with dual priority while also being decently bulky. It also wracks up toxic damage from Wormadam. Skuntank is my hazard control, and I went special to force more switches and get that nuclear boy Guzzlord in. I was originally using Lurantis in this slot but fuck Toxic Spikes.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

SS Carracosta Offense

Carracosta @ Waterium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Defog

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 64 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

So I built this team right before the recent bans happened, someone used this team inthe PU Open just had Hariyama over Gurdurr. Mainly the team focused around sweeping late game with special SS Carracosta which lures in bulky water types mainly Quagsire and Gastrodon with HP Grass and Waterium Z for the added nuke of Hydro Vortex plus it helps not getting too worn down by Life Orb. Figured the way to go to start was VoltTurn and Banded Scyther + Specs A-Raichu sounded good to me, so I added them although I have gone back and forth between Specs and Magnet on A-Raichu just to have some freedom to switch moves. Skuntank was added for Defog + Musharna check, Crunch so you can actually damage Musharna and 2HKO with Crunch. Golurk provides rocks and a spinblocker and NO Guard Dynamicpunch just to disrupt other rockers with confusion. Lastly Gurdurr was added for a status absorber and backup wincon although Stone Edge over Bulk Up is nice for catching stuff like Scyther on the switch.

SS Turtonator Hyper Offense

Crustle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Shell Armor
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Shell Smash

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Memento
- U-turn

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Air Slash

Hitmonchan @ Fist Plate
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Skuntank @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Building off the first team, this HO team is built around Turtonator sweeping late game. Crustle is the obvious choice for hazards since it can reliably get up Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes most of the time. Jumpluff provides Memento support for Turtonator and momentum. Oricorio-Sensu for offensive spinblocker while checking stuff like Lilligant. Hitmonchan for Rapid Spin support and priority, Fist Plate over Life Orb mainly to keep Hitmonchan around a bit longer and most of the time you're gonna be clicking either Drain or Mach Punch. Finally, banded Skuntank surprises even the bulkiest of Pokemon 2HKOing Musharna and Sableye while also nailing stuff like Regirock while Poison Jab smacks Fairies not named Mawile.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Gumshoos Trick Room
Gumshoos @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Thrash
- U-turn
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

Crabominable @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Hammer

Exeggutor-Alola @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Aqua Jet

So I was looking through the teambuilder for a fun new Pokemon to try out and I came across Gumshoos. Now Gumshoos looked really interesting because of its base 110 Attack paired with an amazing ability in Adaptability, so I instantly thought of using a Normalium Z with it. While it does face competition from Ursaring, who has access to Guts, Gumshoos has a few niches such as its initial damage output and access to U-turn, which allows for more momentum. The thing that most amazed me is that it can OHKO a Weezing from full health with a physical move (Normalium Z boosted), showing the sheer power it possessed. However, with Gumshoos, it has some pretty bad flaws. First, its pretty terrible base 45 Speed pretty much kills all chances of being run outside of TR since it doesn't really have much bulk to support it. Also, it lacks a reliable and strong STAB move like Double-Edge, so it's forced to run Thrash to get KOs on Pokemon like weezing with its Z Move. From there, the team is pretty standard. Carbink is the rocks and first TR setter and Musharna is the secondary setter with Healing Wish. Crabominable is basically the best Trick Room abuser in the tier with its combination of great STAB coverage, Iron Fist, and great coverage. Exeggutor-Alola doubles as a setter and an abuser. My Exeggutor set is a bit off standard, which usually carries a Z Move, since Gumshoos is using it. In its place, I decided to use a Petaya Berry to boost its Special Attack in conjunction with Harvest, which can serve as an effective win-condition. Finally, Floatzel is my only fast Pokemon on the team, and the only priority user, capable of cleaning late game and taking on offensive threats to the team. This team is really more fun to use than serious, but can be effective in testing.

Wiggly Webs

Wigglytuff @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- Magic Coat / Bug Buzz
- Knock Off

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Parting Shot
- Ice Beam

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Surf
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Golurk @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

So i wanted to use Wigglytuff because it still has the niche it had in gen 6, Competitive to punish defog and rocks. Leavanny is the best web setter we have, it normally uses magic coat/electro web but with Skuntank being so common I don't see bug buzz being such a bad option doing decent damage to it (3hko) specially since Leavanny is the only mon Skuntank can come in on this team. Zangoose is a great web abuser and is kind of a wincon on it. Silvally steel is for flying types which are immune to webs like scyther for example, it also has parting shot for momentum which is cool on webs. Golurk works as a spinblocker + volt immunity + Webs abuser with rock polish LO. Substitute + Z-Move Swanna is a ground "check" abusing webs and helping a bit vs Gourgeist which walls a lot.

-PUTL

- (Vanilluxe) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Sleep Talk

P (Scyther) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

U (Hitmonchan) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

T (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Discharge

L (Guzzlord) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 226 HP / 252 SpA / 32 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

. (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind

quick attempt at using vanilluxe since i heard lots of people saying its good and yea turns out it is! havent really thought in-depth i just threw something together and it has been working decently? i guess. the first iteration had liepard over scyther and musharna (later duosion) , but i replace the former with bulky scyther to have a more solid response to fighting-types and the latter to clefairy for a reason i dont really remember but i liek clefairy and parahaxing people so its ok. overall a slowish team but i usually can play around that. normal spam can get problematic. charizard also kinda shits on this but can be managed depending on the set

Last edited:

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Dragons n Rocks [Balance?]
Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- U-turn

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power
Team was built around Sword Dance Lycanroc which is a fun offensive Pokemon. Lycanroc has also access to priority in Accelrock which made it a better Pokemon to use. SD+Stone Edge+Accelrock can be a great late game cleaner as it allows it to beat weakened Flying-, Ice- and Fire-type Pokemon or just dent other Pokemon with Stone Edge. Z-Rock is used to deal damage against bulkier threats notably both Weezing and Gourgeist which can be annoying to deal with. Lycanroc uses Brick Break as coverage move for Steel-type Pokemon which resists its STAB. Torterra compliments well Lycanroc as it can weaken opposing Pokemon with Stealth Rock damage, it is also not passive and weak to common Defoggers and Spinners and can deal damage with Earthquake or Stone Edge while Synthesis assures its longevity. Its typing allow it to tank Water-type moves that are problematic to Lycanroc. Another Pokemon that absorbs Lycanroc's weakness is Rotom-Fan, which is a pretty underrated Pokemon. Rotom-Fan is a non-passive physically offensive Pokemon check especially Fighting-type Pokemon, it also has access to Volt Switch which can be used when predicting a switch out. An easier way to tank specially offensive moves or to dish out damage to Steel-type Pokemon is Hitmonchan, it also has access to Rapid Spin which help the Flying-type Pokemon in that team. Liepard is the Dark-type Pokemon choice of the team as it is fast enough to dish out strong damage with Choice Band Knock Off crippling a lot of Pokemon, plus U-Turn allows it to pivot away on checks and Play Rough checks Sableye. Lycanroc+Charizard is a great offensive core and that's why it was added to the last spot, Choice Specs Charizard is a scary Pokemon that straight up 2HKO a lot of Pokemon, it can also offensively check Steel-, Fighting-, and Grass-type Pokemon which troubles Lycanroc. This team might be weak to Water-type Pokemon such as Lanturn and to an extent to Vanilluxe.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Lapras Balance!
Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Acid Spray

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

I decided to build around Specs Lapras, who I find to be an underrated breaker in the meta as said in this post. Defog Skuntank is a natural pairing, giving hazard removal to help Lapras with it's Stealth Rock weakness while also giving the team a neat Grass resist and a Psychic check, while Lapras helps with Ground-types and bulky Waters that can trouble Skuntank like Gastrodon. Bulky SD Scyther gives the team a Fighting check and a win condition that benefits from Lapras breaking through a ton of it's checks. U-turn also lets Scyther pivot into Lapras easily, which can be quite useful. Regirock is my personal favorite SR setter in the meta, checking a ton of stuff ranging from Tauros to some Charizard variants, while providing valuable TWave support and just being a great glue mon for the team. Weezing may seem weird here but it gives the team another blanket check to physical attackers while also giving the team a Ground immunity and the always-useful Toxic Spikes. I honestly forgot why I put Alolan Raichu in the last slot but it does help with Poison-types and gives the team some more speed control and another win condition/breaker with Nasty Plot and Stoked Sparksurfer. Overall the team is pretty fun, of course it's weak to a few things (especially Lilligant fuck that mon) but I'm still sort of new to the meta so yeah xD, but yeah try out Lapras, it wont disappoint!

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Banded Fearow VoltTurn Balance
Fearow @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Drill Run
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Wish
- Spiky Shield

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Lapras @ Assault Vest
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Shard

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dynamic Punch

Hitmonchan @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

This is a team I made to showcase some underrated mons and has worked p well winning me a room tour (yay!) and i think i beat DEG and Specs Jigglypuff with it last night. Since Dodrio moved up I was surprised nobody else had tried Fearow, so I decided to use it myself. Banded Fearow works really well, especially since it has cool coverage in Drill Run and base 100 Speed, which is p good in the current metagame. Unfortunately, it does die quickly to recoil, is pretty frail, and doesn't have a good Flying-type STAB and is forced to run Drill Peck. I decided to pair it with a Togedemaru for a few reasons. First, it checks Scyther and opposing voltturn. Second, it provides momentum with its own U-turns. Third, it can pass Wishes to the team, and be a bulky annoyance for others with Spiky Shield. Spiky Shield also allows it to waste a turn of weather or Trick Room, while recovering health with Leftovers and/or Wish. From there, i had a pretty large Fighting-type weakness, and thought that hazards could work well, so I added on Weezing, which checks most physical attackers and can place Toxic Spikes. It also works well with Togedemaru, which can pass wishes to it. I realized I was really weak to Vanilluxe and other special attackers, so I added in AV Lapras, which offered priority, and an effective movepool paired with its impressive bulk. I needed a role compression of offensive presence, a Normal answer, a secondary Fighting check and an Electric immunity, so I decided on Golurk, which fit the bill nicely. Finally, I added Z Hitmonchan, which was able to provide priority, hazard removal, and a surprise hit on opponents who were expecting AV.

Scarf Vanilluxe Balance
Musharna @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Encore

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Vanilluxe @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I hit #8 on the ladder with this team, so I thought I'd post it somewhere. Originally it was based around Scarf Aboma + Av Hariyama, but I realized Vanilluxe was better and Yama got banned, so it looks pretty different now. Synthesis/moonlight is awkward with hail sometimes, but it's not that hard to play around. Gourgeist is a pretty underrated mon right now IMO, and Farium Musharna beats stuff like Gurdurr and other knock off fightings it can struggle with, while also serving as a late game wincon. Sub Encore Poliwrath is really unexpected right now, and you can catch a lot of stuff that expects to set up like CM musharna. You can also make plays with Focus Punch since people expect special Poliwrath.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
So since the tournament is just for fun I figured I'd share a team.

Type: Null + Bronzor Toxic Spam Balance

De PU Blob (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My Step Dad (Skuntank) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Defog

Role Compression (Bronzor) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

The Light (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 140 Def / 208 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Wifebeater (Poliwrath) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Encore

I vape bro (Weezing) (M) @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze

So this is a team I made based off a simple balance core of Type: Null and Skuntank for Pursuit trapping Ghost-types. Bronzor is our Stealth Rocker setter, Status spreader, as well as our flying resits. It is terrific at fulfilling so many roles that this team needs and it does it very well. Lanturn is this teams little momentum boost and cleric Pokemon that eats up Electric-type boosts. Poliwrath is one of those Pokemon that sets up a Substitute and forces switches. Weezing is there to set up Toxic Spikes and put on more pressure on the opposing team. Its a pretty solid team that I've enjoyed using for the past couple of days. I have a variation of this team that isn't as good from my opinion with Torterra over Bronzor on it. The one problem with this team is its weak to Fire-type Wall breakers that can super hard. Pyroar is good example of a Pokemon to look out for and try to take care of with Sucker Punch on Skunk and Poliwrath.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEG

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Specs Zard Balance

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Scald

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

So Zard is a mon that i have been really wanting to use since beta had come out, I decided to use the specs set over the z celebrate set as im not the biggest fan of it being a one time use thing. The team is designed to help check Zard counters, so the first mon that came to mind was Gastrodon. It helps 1v1 other Gastro's since zard doesnt have hp grass, also to check another one of Zard's counters being Lanturn. Another mon I have is sableye, its there for checking fast scarfed fightings like Primeape and Passimian. It's also splashable on most balance teams. I obviously needed hazard control with Charizard on the team so i decided to use Lumineon as the defogger considering it isnt weak to rocks and it gives momentum with u turn. The team needs some more speed so Tauros is there for breaking offense and its great speed tier, also for breaking bulky steels/fires with EQ. The final mon that i have is Golurk, for a nice physical attacker and for rocks.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
BAND SCYTHER + SPECS ALOLACHU OFFENSE

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Wing Attack
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit / Quick Attack

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Probopass @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Lurantis @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Carracosta @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hey, so while I haven't really tested this team out too much, it's been great at winning me matchups. The core was made around Scyther and Alolachu in a VoltTurn core. Band Scyther in this meta is super strong, and I added Pursuit and Bug Bite to create 50/50s with Musharna - a truly threatening mon indeed! Quick Attack can be used instead if you want priority. Alolachu hits Flyings that Scyther can't hit and is also pretty strong. I added Primape as speed control, though I feel as though he's been somewhat underwhelming due to lacking power. I added Probopass as an offensive rocker than can provide pivot support and provide additional steel-trapping support. Lurantis has formed a strong defensive backbone with Probo, tanking Ground type attacks very well, and removes hazards, essential for a VoltTurn team with Scyther. Carracosta was added to provide defensive utility with his strong bulk and ability to instantly set up, allowing him to offensively check many threats. This slot was originally Absol for his priority, but I realized that Carracosta still had that priority while being able to serve defensively. The team isn't great; it's weak to many Fighting types, most notably Scarf Passimian. However, it's served me somewhat well, so be sure to try it!

EDIT: Can someone please help me with these images? donezo

Last edited by a moderator:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Haund Offense

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

(Haund) Golem-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Galvanize
Naive Nature
- Explosion
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Pinsir @ Rockium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Revelation Dance

(haund's daddy) Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This team was originally made about potentially cool mons I haven't seen much of, starting with Ludicolo which I originally thought looked borked bc it 6-0'd two of my teams which relied on water types as my water resists. Golem-A is the best mon; though the set seems dumb, its actually surprisingly useful when the opp doesnt have a ground type or like cradily. Even with all that Speed it can only get up to just past base 91 Speed, but its crazy powerful with Galvanise Double Edge which can lure and OHKO stuff like hitmonchan, magmortar and samurott (when it was here). Every other set is pretty underwhelming as its slow for a breaker and basically outdone by regular Golem with choice band (plus you still get walled by grounds) and its a shit steel trapper. Pinsir was something else I wanted to try since it can break fat shit quite well while still finding ways to get up srock. The team was still quite slow so I added tauros as its revenge kills most unboosted mons and can break a lot of teams, and scarf pompom because I needed a lilligant(/vivillon) check and I didnt want to use the ghost one fwr. Lastly Dusknoir is a sorta Fighting resist, and its actually quite a cool Pokemon as it has strong priority and can come in on quite a few weaker physical mons. The team is kinda weak to sableye/gourgeist-XL and very weak to Lycanroc, though that (like carracosta) doesnt have great opportunities to set up so gets put in dusknoir range. FTR:
252 Atk Galvanize Golem-Alola Double-Edge vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 271-319 (92.4 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Galvanize Golem-Alola Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Skuntank: 306-361 (88.1 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Galvanize Golem-Alola Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lilligant: 293-345 (104.2 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-618085270 - haund on an alt
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-619250826
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-623010446

Specs Lanturn Bulky Offensive

Glowfish (Lanturn) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Blade (Scyther) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Stinky (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

Firebutt (Charizard) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Sonic? (Sandslash) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Fatso (Guzzlord) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

With Samurott rightfully banned, I thought about what other Water-type wallbreakers I could use and landed on Specs Lanturn. While it's not as powerful as stuff like Lapras, it makes up for that with switch in opportunities, and its brilliant typing with Volt Absorb gives it lots of opportunities to come in. Volt Switch lets it grab momentum, Hydro Pump is the strongest STAB, Ice Beam hits Grass and Dragon types hard, forming a pseudo Bolt Beam with Volt Switch. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Quagsire and Gastrodon. The idea is that Lanturn smashes holes in the opponent's team for Charizard and Scyther to clear up later. Scyther is the standard bulky Swords Dance set, not much to say here. Also forms a nice VoltTurn core with Lanturn. Charizard is running a variant of the Z Sunny Day set. I prefer Flamethrower, as Fire Blast would often let me down. In the sun this thing absolutely wrecks. You can use the Z move to either boost Speed (Sunny Day) or smash through something - sun boosted Inferno Overdrive has insane power. Next up I needed something to take a few hits. Weezing can take neutral physical hits all day, only fearing the rare Zen Headbutt. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers; Toxic Spikes lets you cripple opposing grounded Pokemon, Pain Split is the only form of recovery it has while Sludge Bomb means I'm not dead weight if Taunted. With 2 Pokemon with a X4 SR weakness, I needed hazard control. Sandslash provides this, and can also set up Stealth Rock. Earthquake gets STAB; Knock Off lets you hit Ghost types hard on the switch (barring Silvally). Lastly I needed a bulky attacker, and landed on Assault Vest Guzzlord. Anyone who tells you Eelectross is better is wrong - Guzzlord has more resistances, stronger STABs, better bulk and better neutral coverage. It also stops me getting wrecked by Rain Dance Ludicolo, who could otherwise destroy my team.

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Special Poliwrath Bulky Offense

chocolate therapy (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Scald
- Ice Beam

butter pecan (Silvally-Fairy) @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Parting Shot

half baked (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Defog

the tonight dough (Scyther) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- U-turn
- Knock Off

cherry garcia (Magmortar) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

phish food (Piloswine) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

For this team, I decided to build around a Pokemon that I felt wasn't getting enough love: Poliwrath. Poliwrath hates things like bulky Water-types, specially fat Pokemon, and faster Pokemon that have super-effective moves to hit it with it, so with the help of its teammates, it should be able to properly show what it's made of. Poliwrath is the team's Water-immunity, and can punch holes in teams with its pretty decent coverage. It also has priority in Vacuum Wave, and though it isn't super powerful, it is nice for picking off frailer Pokemon. Silvally is there to serve as one of the two Fighting-resists on this team, although it gets a special shoutout for actually not minding Knock Off as much as Scyther does. It also spreads status in Thunder Wave, making it easier for the slower Pokemon on the team to shine more. Skuntank removes hazards, can weaken more defensive builds with the combination of Acid Spray, Dark Pulse and Taunt, serve as a useful switch-in to Prankster Pokemon, and beat a lot of the Psychic-types that bother Poliwrath. Scyther can easily grab momentum with U-Turn, revenge kill a nice amount of the tier, put a stop to some weather abusers/set-up sweepers, remove items and resist Fighting-types alongside Silvally. Magmortar is the bulky special wallbreaker with coverage that's enough to hit a lot of Pokemon in the tier for neutral while providing a nice Sleep immunity. Finally, Piloswine sets up hazards while being able to stop many opposing hazard setters/hazard removers due to its solid offensive and defensive typing. Silvally-Steel can be used over Fairy if you want a Normal- and Flying-resist, as the team lacks both, although dealing with Gurdurr is harder this way.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
TEAM DUMP

Balanced Hazard Stack
VAPE LIFE (Weezing) (M) @ Icium Z
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze

Hazard Staple (Throh) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up

The SEED (Ferroseed) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Cuteness (Hippopotas) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Morning Wood (Komala) @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Claw

Surfs Up Queer (Raichu-Alola) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

So this is a team that I've recently been having a lot of success with on the ladder although the games tend to be a tad longer. Weezing is here to spam Toxic Spikes however just running the move Toxic just the same thing to be honest but relieves pressure from my team which is why I chose to stay on the Toxic Spike. Throh is the Hazard Stack Mascot Pokemon circle throwing out Pokemon to bring in loads of chip damage. Ferroseed is here to set up Spikes which is a given since we have Hippopatas for Stealth Rock. We have Komala for Spinning and Raichu for late game cleaning with Specs. its a fairly simple team which I hope you guys enjoy.

THE FATNESS Defense
I'm On Every Team (Weezing) @ Icium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Dead Ass (Probopass) @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Guardian Angel (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 156 Def / 192 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Mushed Potatoes (Musharna) (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight

My Step Dad (Skuntank) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Defog

GIGGLES (Gurdurr) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Atk / 68 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

So this team is another team I've been having success with however its not really a lot of fun unfortunately. When I built this team I basically just threw 2 cores together and then just put Gurdurr on. Weezing sets up T-Spikes as usual and pressures Pokemon also acting as a fantastic Physical wall. Probopass traps pesky Steel-types that cause Musharna issues when trying to sweep so they work together pretty well. Lanturn is the cleric which saves the team from any lame ass Toxic spamming stall that I happen upon as well as acting as a decent pivot. Skuntank is the hazard remover as it successfully clears T-Spikes which is incredibly helpful for Musharna. Finally GIGGLES the Gurdurr is a nice neat Pokemon to top off the team as it can act as a set up sweeper able to pressure A lot of different Pokemon.

The Great Shiftry Balance
Dark Messiah (Shiftry) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis

Greed (Sableye) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Wartortle Sucks (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Plz Don't Ban (Weezing) (M) @ Icium Z
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze

Devil's Lettuce (Simisage) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Budda (Kabutops) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower

Back when I had a hard on for Shiftry I used this team a lot but I stopped using it since Vanilluxe destroyed it. Since that damned Ice Cream cone is gone I've begun using this team a lot more and I can I finally say that It is has improved quite a bit since the bans. Shiftry is a fantastic mixed attacker probably the best in the tier from my prospective. Sableye i there as a speciall wall as checking pesky fighting types as well. Clefairy is here to set up rocks and Encore unsuspecting Set-up Sweepers. Weezing does what it always. Simisage is there to kill pesky Charizards that threaten my team. Finally Kabutops is the team's semi-reliable hazard removal as well as another Charizard check. Again this team for me at least has stood the test of time and works quite well in the current tier. Enjoy!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Some teams that I made before the September tier shift!

SD ABSOL BALANCE

This team is honestly pretty gross, mostly due to how easy it is for Absol to find opportunities to break down walls or tanks like Sableye, Granbull, or Togetic, so that LO Hitmonchan and CS Scyther can clean up afterward. Prankster status moves from Sableye do not affect Absol, and with one of Hitmonchan's main defensive stops being Sableye (unless you use Foresight to spin on that), that means those common Knock Off variants of Sableye will only be giving you a boost to your Attack via Justified and nothing more (scout first for Foul Play, though). Justified Z move Absol is the perfect Knock Off absorb, and it protects Ferroseed well so that it can continue walling the stuff that it does: mainly Grass- and Normal-types, physically offensive Water-types, certain Psychic-types lacking Focus Blast, and more. You can use Ferroseed's Protect to know when super effective coverage is incoming, letting you pivot easily into the type that walls it the best (as an example, Ferroseed can Protect, scout for Stoutland's Superpower, and switch into Weezing). Lanturn protects Scyther from Oricorio-Pom-Pom and Manectric, as well as Ferroseed from Fire-types to a certain extent. There is some extra physical bulk on Lanturn for surviving AV Earthquakes from Magmortar, but you can't take too many of those. Lanturn's Heal Bell wakes up Weezing from Rest, as well as keeps Absol, Hitmonchan, and Scyther in prime fighting shape throughout the match. In sum, there are a lot of forms of passive damage (or status induced damage) that place the opposition in danger of being swept or cleaned by Absol's SD-boosted Sucker Punch, namely Weezing's Rocky Helmet, Will-O-Wisp, and Toxic Spikes, Ferroseed's Leech Seed, SR and Iron Barbs, and Lanturn's Scald. The movesets on Absol, Weezing, and Lanturn are pretty variable, so you could throw in AV Lanturn, AoA LO Absol, and Icium Z Weezing if you wanted, but running it this way is fine IMO. Overall, this team has netted me many wins against skilled players, despite being weak to DD or Mixed Charizard and LO EQ Magmortar.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 140 Def / 168 SpD / 160 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Scald

Absol @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
- Toxic Spikes

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

vs Dundies http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626256682
vs TSR http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-624913089

CHARIZARD BALANCE

This team is pretty emblematic of what the current metagame looks like now, as it contains a breaker in Charizard, defensive pivots for it to fall back on, a means to remove Weezing's Toxic Spikes, both a Rock-type and a U-Turn resist with Rocky Helmet for Scyther, a Dark-type and Toxic Spikes to deal with Musharna, and so on. Regirock is really cool as a bulky SR user right now and can use various means to restore its own health, like Drain Punch, Protect + Leftovers, Rest, and something that I use occasionally, which is Normalium Z Psych Up (a 100% heal that will sometimes copy a stat boost).
Regirock's EV spread is used to first increase its highest stat and reach a jump point in Defense, then it maximizes its HP, and uses just enough Atk so that Regirock can OHKO Fire- and Bug-types like Pyroar, Magmortar, and bulky Scyther with Stone Edge. The remainder of its EVs is poured into its Special Defense so it can address Fire-types more effectively.
Regirock is protected from Grass, Ground, and Fighting moves by Weezing and Charizard, so it'll stick around for a while. Regirock's Protect + Weezing's Toxic Spikes is incredible for stalling out offensive threats, long enough so that Primeape can clean with Scarf Close Combat late-game. Primeape also protects Weezing's Toxic Spikes by acting as a deterrent to Defog via Defiant, and can pivot into weaker Rock-type moves aimed at Charizard (ex. Lycanroc's Accelerock when it's trying to RK +1 Charizard). Skuntank protects Weezing and Primeape from Psychic attacks; initially, I wanted to use Pursuit to trap stuff like Kadabra and Jynx, but Gastrodon and Quagsire were fairly obnoxious to deal with by this point even with Weezing's Toxic Spikes putting them on a timer, so I changed Skuntank to a specially offensive, bulky variant with HP Grass. This particular Skuntank isn't really bothered by Weezing's Will-O-Wisp, so you can U-Turn to this (or to Charizard) from Primeape on a predicted Weezing switch-in. Lanturn's Toxic might look redundant alongside Weezing's Toxic Spikes at first glance, but it can be important for wearing Charizard down while Sunny Day is active in case Regirock isn't healthy enough to take that on. Dragon-types are good at checking Charizard with their insane bulk (Guzzlord and Drampa mainly), as is Thick Fat Miltank, so I opted for Focus Blast over Air Slash. Focus Blast allows Charizard to beat Rock-types outside of Sun too and doesn't make you so dependent on setting up, which can be beneficial. That, and Air Slash is less important than it once was for Hariyama, while Grumpig isn't too common. The Charizard set can be tailored to your preferences, as pretty much any Z set works fine here, but it should be noted that Sunny Day is optimal for the team because it protects Regirock from Water attacks, as well as powers up Weezing's Flamethrower and Skuntank's Fire Blast. Overall, there are some threats that are pretty annoying, like opposing Charizard, Lilligant, Mold Breaker Pinsir, offensive Water-types, and so on, but they can be played around.

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 16 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Protect

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Stone Edge

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower

Charizard @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 168 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Scald

VOLTTURN OFFENSE

This team was built in about 5 minutes or so, but rather than being built incoherently (like how this might sound), it actually plays very consistently across a variety of match-ups. While it is weak to Toxic Spikes, the basic premise of the team is to destroy Stealth Rock users with Lurantis, so that Scyther and AV Magmortar can do their jobs without being worn down by SR, while allowing Manectric and Scyther to pivot freely. Manectric and Scyther are powerful together and form an offensive VoltTurn core, but are bothered by Piloswine and Lanturn, so Lurantis was an easy addition here. Grassium Z +2 Leaf Storms really hurt, even from specially defensive Lurantis. The following spread and nature allows Lurantis to outspeed and OHKO standard Piloswine without any prior damage or boosts (also, this spread hits a jump point in Special Defense). Honestly, Roselia would be okay here, and could alleviate some of the offensive pressure exerted by Toxic Spikes, but I wanted a Ground resist as well as Defog support for Scyther. Magmortar's set is optimal for this team: Fire Blast, AV, and Vital Spirit allow it to beat Lilligant in most instances; Thunderbolt is for Charizard and bulky Waters; EQ is used to lure Lanturn and KO it so Manectric can clean; and Focus Blast is really for breaking SR users, special tanks or walls, and Fire resists: it's mainly used for Regirock, Golem, Miltank, Drampa, Guzzlord, and Carracosta. Scarf Manectric with Switcheroo cripples specially defensive walls and improves your matchup against stall, which can allow Magmortar to exert more offensive pressure once those crippled walls can no longer use their recovery options. Scarf Manectric also speed-ties with Scarf Scyther, and checks most of the Flying-types that would otherwise threaten Scyther and Lurantis (+1 Spe Charizard, for instance). Defensive Carracosta + Specially Defensive Lurantis is a pretty cool SR setting and removal core, and their synergy is further complemented by Magmortar covering their remaining weaknesses. Lastly, Focus Sash Kadabra is used as a catch-all to beat different kinds of weather teams, as well as to pressure Weezing before it's set its Toxic Spikes. Encore is always good in beating slow set up sweepers like Musharna, if you can predict when they'll be boosting or recovering.

You could run a few different configurations here, which would allow for the same basic team composition and synergy. You could instead use Eelektross over Manectric for pressuring SR users via Giga Drain and a better Ground resist, Golem over Carracosta to maintain an Electric immunity, a Normal resist, and SR, and CB Jolly Ninjask to not only maintain the team's Speed for the most part, but also the same type synergy and a banded STAB U-Turn to pair with Elelektross' slow Volt Switch. However, such a change would leave you more open to being swept by Rain teams with CB Ninjask being slower than Scarf Manectric and would place the onus for beating weather teams or HO in general more on Kadabra, so I left this as is.

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Lurantis @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpA / 56 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Manectric @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Switcheroo

Semi finals and finals of a room tour:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-623434574
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-623540225
Ladder:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626303067

STOUTLAND BO

Stoutland is great in this meta, and works here by breaking down bulky Ghost- and Grass-types in conjunction with Weezing's Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes will be up for the long haul with Sableye Taunting non Dark-type Defog users out of removing them, as well as spinblocking against non Foresight Hitmonchan. Surrounding Stoutland with Fighting checks like Sableye and Weezing is effective in preserving Stoutland in situations where it would've been checked by Hitmonchan or Gurdurr. Regirock is the team's SR user, as well as a check to Fire-, Bug-, and Normal-types, and it stalls (sort of) on Toxic Spikes while recovering HP via Normalium Z Psych Up. Lilligant is very threatening here, and will mostly be used for breaking down Normal resists for Stoutland (Steel-types like Ferroseed are beaten by HP Fire, while Carracosta, Regirock, Golem, etc. are taken out by STAB Giga Drain), as well as Ground-types and Lanturn so that Manectric can clean. Firium Z Sunny Day Charizard was rather threatening even with Regirock here, so I added Scarf Manectric to finish out the team with a volt stop and to check +1 Spe Charizard. As a final note, given you'll have enough residual damage thanks to Toxic Spikes, you can optionally use Jolly Stoutland over Adamant to check Modest / Mild 252 Spe variants of Magmortar and Skuntank, neutral base 80s, Jolly Hitmonchan if you're healthy enough to take a Mach Punch, etc. Ferroseed can be annoying, as it is a normal resist that walls Stoutland and doesn't take Toxic Spikes damage, so the team has 3 options for Fire coverage as well as two different Taunt users to stop that from putting in so much work. Flamethrower Weezing isn't just for Ferroseed, though; it also beats other Steel-types like Dugtrio-A and physically offensive Grass-types at the same time.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower

Regirock @ Normalium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 16 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Psych Up

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Manectric @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

---
Some less standard teams:
---

THE MAKIKI HOTBOX

Turtonator and Dugtrio-A give this team a nice Alolan (Hawaiian) feel, hence the name. This team is admittedly weird looking on paper and fits that "squad dump" look that you were probably expecting from me - seeing this at first glance, I bet you're wondering what exactly Dugtrio-A does for Sun teams. I originally used Dugtrio-A to check Vanilluxe with a faster, STAB Iron Head, as well as to check AV Magmortar with Earthquake, which both present problems for standard Sun teams (it also removes Lanturn for Manectric). Additionally, another selling point is Dugtrio-A's combination of Sunny Day + Memento, which is useful in healing whatever you need if you activate its Z crystal, similar to Mr. Mime's Healing Wish, so that Victreebel or Turtonator can come back for a second sweep. It also eases Victreebel's and Turtonator's setup with Growth and Shell Smash, respectively. Dugtrio-A's Tangling Hair can sometimes find unexpected utility in lowering the Speed of physical attackers; as a quick example, if Sand Stoutland is up and running, you can sac Dugtrio-A by switching Dugtrio-A into Frustration/Return, lower Stoutland's Speed, and then RK Stoutland with Manectric in late-game scenarios. You can do something similar if you need something to take on Scarf Scyther (lowering its Speed means Manectric will no longer speed-tie with Scarf Scyther and will therefore check it instead). AV Guzzlord actually walls Victreebel pretty badly, so I used Turtonator as an offensive partner to take down bulky Dragons (Drampa too) before Victreebel begins its sweep. You'll also notice some other changes, like using Solrock as a second suicide setter for its Ground immunity, as well as specially defensive Volbeat for helping more against Rain teams (this variant will give Ludicolo a lot of trouble, as well as specially offensive Grass-types in general like Lilligant lacking HP Fire). Volbeat's Speed EVs let it U-Turn on standard Cacturne and escape from Golem and other max Speed base 45s before being hit with a super effective move. Lastly, Manectric supplies the team with more Speed for when the Sun eventually goes down, and it pressures offensive Water-types so Turtonator, Victreebel, and Solrock can continue to do their jobs.

If you're not sold on using turns of Sunny Day in order to set up with Memento + Shell Smash / Growth, then simply using a second Chlorophyll user (e.g. Leafeon, Shiftry, Exeggutor) over Dugtrio-A, Regirock over Solrock, and a faster Fire-type over Turtonator (e.g. Charizard, Rapidash, Magmortar) will work well and yield a more standard Sun build instead.

Volbeat @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Sunny Day

Solrock @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Turtonator @ White Herb
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball

Dugtrio-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Memento
- Sunny Day

Manectric @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626316460 (earlier version of the team)

HAIL STALL
Okay, so this is a pretty bizarre team with 3 different configurations, but this strategy can be difficult to beat. This is a shoutout to my old Gen3 and 4 days when I often used TSS strategies in OU with Skarmory / Hippowdown or Tyranitar / Tentacruel - this team has the same basic premise, in that your goal is to whittle your opponent's team down via Hail, Toxic, Leech Seed, and SR while you safely pivot around threats under Aurora Veil to make this happen. Firstly, the main backbone of the team is made up of Toxic Spikes Weezing, Aurora Veil Regice w/ Light Clay, and Leech Seed Abomasnow w/ Icy Rock. Then, depending on which Rock and Fire resists you use, you can end up with a few different team compositions. Lanturn is a great partner for resisting Fire-type moves, providing Heal Bell support, Protect stalling over Toxic Spikes, and pivoting around with STAB Volt Switch. It can even act as a pseudo spinblocker with Ion Deluge and heal itself at the same time (as well as eat up Hyper Voice / Frustration from Pyroar and Stoutland, respectively), but Protect is a far more consistent tool for Lanturn. Despite its low viability last gen, Flareon is actually pretty competent at providing team support, while it's able to break to a certain extent with difficult-to-wall coverage in Flare Blitz + Superpower. Gabite is solid and provides SR and phazing support while beating most of PU's Fire-types without much help, especially if it opts to run Stone Edge over Roar or Dragon Claw. That, and it checks Skuntank, which is an important target to beat, considering that it can remove both Toxic Spikes and Aurora Veil in one fell swoop. Poliwrath and Quagsire are great choices as well, for providing a safeguard to offensive Rock-types, such as physically offensive or mixed Carracosta, Lycanroc, and Kabutops that would otherwise give this team hell. From here, you pretty much want to add Sableye for Knock Off and hazard protection, as well as a second defensive answer to Fighting-types. And lastly, given Toxic Spikes will be down and Fighting- and Ice-types will be mostly accounted for, Curse RestTalk SpDef Cradily is a great centerpiece and wincon for the team. Taunt / Encore are really the only way to take it down during Aurora Veil, as various Rock-resists like Quagsire that wall Cradily's boosted Rock Slide are destroyed by Toxic Spikes.

You have to play carefully around Trick Room, but it's doable. There are a few stall and wallbreakers that really bother this team, Absol and Zangoose for example, but Weezing covers a surprising number of these with just Will-O-Wisp and Icium Z Haze (lol is Weezing broken?). Smart switches under Hail and Aurora Veil also beat Zangoose, especially if it doesn't have Z Memento / Z Parting Shot / Healing Wish support. I have a lot of replays on an alt I test truly strange teams and sets with, so if you're still skeptical, check those out. While these teams are not really finished and could be further optimized, the shock factor is often enough to win battles.

Some final comments: I think configuration 1 looks the best on paper, 2 is pretty solid even without Knock Off support and is the strongest against Fire-types, and while 3 lacks a normal resist for Scrappy Normal-types, you could use Chilan Berry on Weezing or Sableye, with the Z move moved to Poliwrath. Lastly, hazard removal would be nice, making Hitmonchan an option over Poliwrath, but that changes the team synergy somewhat. Ideally, Cryogonal could be used over Regice for that purpose (and can also use Aurora Veil), but hey, this isn't ORAS.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play / Night Shade
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Protect / Ion Deluge
- Scald

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SpA / 76 SpD / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Blizzard

Regice @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Weezing @ Icium Z
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Stone Edge
- Roar / Stone Edge

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Blizzard

Regice @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Counter
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Weezing @ Icium Z
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Sableye @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play / Night Shade
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Blizzard

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Ice Shard / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall

Regice @ Light Clay
Ability: Ice Body
Calm Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Weezing @ Icium Z
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626913958 config 2
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626916227 config 2
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626918019 config 2
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626368891 config 3
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626367089 config 3 vs drumstick squad dump
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626365336 config 3
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pubeta-626353843 config 3

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

SMASH AND BASH TRIPLE PRIORITY OFFENSE ft. Weezing
kabutOPs (Kabutops) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

don drampa (Drampa) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper / Berserk
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse / Focus Blast / Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

mehoy minoy (Golurk) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dynamic Punch

china's air (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

copa cabana (Shiftry) @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Giga Drain
- Hurricane / Leaf Storm / Nasty Plot

sweater vest (Floatzel) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Aqua Jet

I basically built this for the not open because I needed a team without Vanilluxe that I haven't used. This started off with the wish to use SD Weak Armor Kabutops since I hadn't really used it before and wanted to see if it was good or not and it turned out well. I wanted a Special Wallbreaker that could switch into Grass types so I decided on the don Drampa and haven't looked back since as it just nukes mons. I prefer Dragon Pulse in the last slot as it can be easily spammed, but you can always run like Focus Blast. Berserk is also another option if you want that damage but I prefer Sap Sipper for Lilligant. From there I needed both a Rocker and a Fighting resist or immunity, and a potential Electric immunity, so Golurk fit in perfectly. I opted for a Life Orb over a Colbur Berry since I wanted the extra damage output, and Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge over Ice Punch because of preference and hax. From there I decided to add one of the best Fighting-types in the tier as many Pokemon, such as Gurdurr, run Knock Off which can beat Golurk, so I added Weezing, which also helped with Toxic Spikes and formed a nice core. I wanted a cool Dark-type and Grass-type, so I decided to run special Shiftry since it offered priority and could surprise physical walls like Miltank which could be problematic. Hurricane is a cool move which can hit Grass-types and Fighting-types, but Leaf Storm or Nasty Plot always work. Finally I finished the team of with a solid cleaner in Floatzel, which supplied a secondary Water-type as well as a speedy mon. Aqua Jet is always cool to me on Float, especially special, and is an effective move for cleaning late-game or revengekilling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)