Project PU's First Secret Santa: Concluded

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Thanks for both teams pancake! I'm looking forward to using them. To keep the train rollin, here's is the team you requested Plans.
Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Outrage
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Arbok @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 192 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- X-Scissor
- Giga Drain

I initially had a lot of trouble starting out with this team. The pair don't fit together particularly well as Sliggoo prefers stall-oriented teams while Arbok likes bulky offense archetypes. However, I believe I was able to fit them together in some way that sorta resembles synergy. Sliggoo is the teams wincon as well as an incredible special tank, netting a massive 535 spdef stat with max investment and eviolite. This may honestly be overkill and you could probably afford to invest in phys def but i was too lazy to find an optimal spread. With all this spdef Sliggoo can switch in on the likes of electrics, special waters, and most NP users and tank hits with ease. Unfortunately, Sliggoo's lack of dragon claw means it has to run Outrage on a curse set like this and has to be very careful about when it decides to attack as it can give many dangerous steel and fairy types setup opportunity. I chose Banded Arbok as the second part of this core as it does a really good job of pressuring these steel and fairy types. Gunk Shot and Quake are self explanatory while Crunch is used to 3hko Phys Def. Bronzor and pontentially 2hko more spdef oriented Bronzors. Sucker gives me some priority but isn't often clicked. This core checked most grass types and is weak to Golem so Lumineon was chosen to provide its usual role compression that I shouldn't have to explain. I didn't feel 48 speed was necessary here as between Sliggoo, Arbok, and Rapidash hitting Cacturne wasn't needed. Instead 8 speed is used to outspeed Pawniard and pressure it. Next mon was spdef Golem to give me an electric immunity, normal resist, and rocks. Spread is stolen from False.'s RMT which allows Golem to live HP water from LO Zebstrika, dodge the ohko from Banded Stoutland's Superpower after rocks, and speed creep uninvested base 50s. I wanted a reliable way of beating sucker punch users as well as a general steel check, so Wisp Rapidash fit the bill. I noticed the team was weak to Monferno and I needed a strong revenge killer, so Banded Ninjask was the last mon. Giga Drain is used for luring Golem which the team is a bit weak to. I was gonna put scarf Mime here, but i always use Mime and its boring. You could swap it out if you would like as the team could probably benefit from HW support, but Ninjask was just more fun to use in testing.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-506064843
Good replay here showing off Sliggoo's bulk. It's kinda crazy to think it can potentially stall scarf Mime out of dazzling gleams 0_0. Unfortunately the core doesn't do much this battle as Rapidash puts the team on its back.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-506070174
Good example of Arbok weakening Bronzor early in the fight putting pressure on the rest of levohl's team and forcing him to rest early. Unfortunately a crit loses the game but that's ok as I was able to show how Banded Arbok can pressure certain defensive builds.

There's the team, enjoy!

Rudolf & Blitzen
to Boyeraj17
Nice christmas themed request.
Blitzen (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rudolf (Sawsbuck) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Megahorn
- Seed Bomb
- Jump Kick

Coal (Golem) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

The Naughty (Mawile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naughty Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

The Nice (Lumineon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Santa Claus (Mr. Mime) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Sawsbuck is LO and functions as a grass switch in and wallbreaker, while Zebby spams volt. Golem + Lum is p standard so not much to explain there. Mime revenge kills and run shadowball to lessen the weakness to opposing psychics. AoA Mawile is another nice wallbreaker that can severely dent most physical walls with sheerforce boosted Fire Blast.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Megazard wants anything. He told me to just say anything.
Upon hearing that Megazard wanted anything at all, I was determined to make a fabulous team for him and give him the perfect holidays gift.

I wanted to build around Dunsparce, since it is one of the best pokemon in the tier and I was pretty sure it was Megazard's favorite pokemon. I decided to go with a very standard set that has recently taken the metagame by storm- SpD Coil. Instead of running Body Slam and Earthquake, I decided to elevate the probability even more in my favor by going with Glare and Headbutt. Although it leaves me somewhat open to some Rock and Steel types, this set is really annoying for offense and just a nightmare to face in general.

Next, I wanted something to be able to smash through these Rock and Steel types in order for Dunsparce to sweep. What better pokemon for this than Band Walrein? Walrein is able to lure and smash Metang and Bronzor with Choice Band Crunch, and also is a fantastic wallbreaker in its own right with its Ice and Water coverage.

Since Walrein is unfortunately weak to rocks, I wanted a hazard remover to help it out. Torkoal was a good fit as not only is it a reliable spinner, it is able to take on several pokemon that threaten Walrein, including Leafeon, Monferno, and Carnivine. I placed rocks on Torkoal as well for role compression, freeing me up for slots later.

Although the team was quite solid so far, it was missing speed and didn't want to make this team too slow. For that reason, I chose to add Gourgeist-Small. Trick or Treat Gourgeist-Small is an underrated set in the metagame. Although Gourgeist-Small's special attack isn't high, changing the opposing pokemon's typing in order to make it weak to Shadow Ball can really put in a lot of work. Overall it's a consistent member of the team, and not only is able to sweep lategame, but it also gives me a normal-type check (except to Stoutland but that sucks anyway)

Unfortunately, the team was lacking an electric resist and a dark resist, so I opted for Dedenne. Instead of going with an offensive set, I used a Sitrus stall set because I've heard that Megazard is a big fan of that. SubToxic is neat, but SubEerieCharm is even better because it lets you stall for a longer time. With the combination of Eerie Impulse and Charm you can keep lowering your opponent's offenses which allow you to set Subs repeatedly and Recycle, eventually stalling them of moves. Although Dedenne technically has little offensive presence, I haven't found that a problem yet so far.

The final slot was a difficult one because the team had good synergy as it was and I did not want to disrupt that. I settled on Kadabra because it put to rest a few of the problems I had. Magic Guard let it absorb Toxic for Dunsparce, and prevent a major hindrance to Dunsparce sweeps. Also, it provides me with some real power which I was lacking outside of Banded Walrein. Wonder Room on Kadabra is nice because it allows me to ravage specially defensive pokemon like Cryogonal by setting it on the switch, but I just added Magic Room because having two "Rooms" moves sounded cool.

That's it for the team, hope you enjoy!

Dunsparce @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Careful Nature
- Glare
- Coil
- Roost
- Headbutt

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Dedenne @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Recycle
- Charm
- Eerie Impulse

Walrein @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 20 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Gourgeist-Small @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Kadabra @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Magic Room
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Wonder Room

------

i made an actual team for you as well. I call it "Steam" because it combines Fire spam with Water spam and I think it's really cool. Pokemon like Simipour, Monferno, and Rapidash all have similar counters so it's really easy to wear down each other's answers and break through cores. Mr.Mime is a nice cleaner and Golem is rocks + role compression. You can change a bunch of the sets such as making Monferno SD (but U-turn is really nice since team is Grumpig weak), making Golem tank lefties, and Mr.Mime Trick since the structure of this team is flexible.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-507192502 vs Slowbroth
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-507186484 vs Tj
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-507170734 vs Shuckle

hope you like it n_n

Last edited:

Alright so here is the team I build around the RP Regice and LO Combusken core that obii gave me n.n

Frosty (Regice) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Turkey (Combusken) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ham (Grumpig) @ Colbur Berry
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn
- Toxic

Blitzen (Zebstrika) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Advent Creed (Mawile) (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

I started with Rp Regice and Combusken. Next i was looking for something that could soak up hits from psychic types with fighting coverage from mons such as Mr. Mime and Grumpig, so i decided to add my own Grumpig. I also liked the idea of having a mon with taunt that could stop defoggers from removing my hazards as my core does alot better with extra SR damage breaking sturdies and sashes. Next i realised that my team was getting kindof weak to physical affensive pressure and especially when rocks are on my side of the field, so I decided to add Lumineon onto my team to hopefully remove hazards and because it was a nice pivot for my team. Being able to uturn on possible switching in grass types gave my team a great opportunity to set up or else a free hit off on something. Next I noticed that my team was getting really slow and was relying too much on Combusken to get a free speed boost or for Regice to get a RP up to be fast at all, so i decided to add Zebstrika. Zeb is a very fast mon and is also a great pivot. I ran HP grass on Zeb as a Golem lure because my teams only Golem switchin was Lumineon. Finally, I decided to add Mawile. I added Mawile because i needed Rocks and a resist from normal spam, but mainly Stout. Mawile also being able to knock off items comes in very handy too.

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey PokemonmasterTj look, I was your Secret Santa the entire time.

Combusken_XY.gif
Prinplup_XY.gif
Servine_XY.gif
Rotom Frost.gif
Grumpig_XY.gif
Golem_XY.gif

Combusken @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Shadow Claw
- Baton Pass

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Signal Beam

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

So when I first saw that you wanted a team based on Combusken/Prinplup/Servine I was confused. You already had a team like that, and the only thing you can do with this is Baton Pass! CLEARLY, this was a test of innovation. So i broke free of the BP constraint and instead created CB Combusken. CB lets Combusken 2hko a good number of the common switchins, most notably Grumpig. From there I added the Prinplup...and there isn't much to do with Prinplup besides slap on Signal Beam. Next I added Servine, but I decided that I wanted a really solid Ground check that could heal so I made the Servine bulky with only enough speed to outpace Jolly Golem. After the core was done, I added Rotom Frost as it really complimented the CB Combusken as it created Voltturn and also really appreciated having Grumpig out of the picture since most people just rely on Grumpig as their sole Rotom Frost check for some reason. From here the weakness to other people's Rotom Frosts was obvious, so I added Grumpig as the sole Rotom Frost check that could also threaten Muk, Ninetales, and other threats while slowing down the opponent with Thunder Wave. Last mon is Golem, because you needed an answer to Volt Switch users, a Normal Resist, some priority, and another wallbreaker. Golem is Weakness Policy however, simply because 2 Choice Band users on a team like this was rather unattractive and limited your options a lot further than needed or wanted, but you can change the Protect to Fire Punch if you want. So yeah, hope you get a laugh out of the team and bop some people who just assume that it's Baton Pass!

...Also I made a gen4 PU version of this team, but I had to swap out Servine with Victreebel...

Prinplup @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Flare Blitz

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch

Gastly @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
- Dark Pulse

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

I'll be a lot more brief with this one. Prinplup is the lead so it can set up rocks and also Torrent Hydro Pump hits hard. Combusken is a mixed wallbreaker with a Life Orb. Victreebel is the same as Combusken but with more power and priority but with more stops. Gastly is the revenge killer/wincon as Modest Scarf outspeeds the unboosted tier and checks Linoone while still packing decent power. The EVs on Sableye are so Kadabra cannot 2hko with Shadow Ball even after rocks, and the Poliwrath is...Poliwrath. It's just the glue. Have fun!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
pancake :D
217.gif
552.gif
394.gif
035.gif
711.gif
038.gif

I know you saw what I posted in Discord, but Ursaring really is more of a specific ct mon which makes it hard to just build a "regular team" around it. What I tried to do here was make a team as consistent as I could around it since I can't built it as a counterteam, while also remaining generally fun and interesting (read: not Bronzor). I think I met that, there are some very annoying threats and semistall in general is dumb but the team is enjoyable and won't auto-lose all that many matchups which is about the best I could hope for.
Oh and also you could try using Munchlax, since that's a sorta similar thingy that just hits way less harder from the get-go.
Ursaring @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Return

Krokorok @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Encore
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rest
- Defog

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
I know the request said Steel-trapper, but Ursaring beats almost every Steel-type anyway (Taunt Probopass and SD Mawile excepted). Besides, Krokorok forces Steels out and Pursuits them so it's basically a Steel-trapper, while also trapping Ghosts which is actually relevant for Ursaring.

Anyway, Ursaring+Krokorok is a very basic start and you know what it does. From there I went with a Clefairy/Prinplup/Gourgeist core which just blanket covers a ton of stuff. The Prinplup set is weird, but I wanted some longevity to it and it goes well with Clefairy's Heal Bell. Clef has Seismic Toss because that's all the rage right now but I don't think Moonblast is a bad idea when Encore annoys a lot of the things Seismic Toss is for anyway. Geist is basic Giest, and at this point I noticed Mawile/Leafeon were the biggest threats. I sorta just made up the Ninetales set specifically to fit this team but it was nice in the 2 games I tried it in so don't question my brilliant set-making skills.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-509933047 excellent showcase of this team's prowess vs mr False. where Ninetales proves its worth and PP stalls a Clefairy

ManOfMany

NEVER ASK ME TO DO ANYTHING AGAIN, OK? THIS WAS HARD AF
Luxray @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Fang
- Superpower
- Wild Charge

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Baton Pass

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Encore
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost

Golem @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
So this team was built around your CB Luxray + Future sight user core. Leafeon acts as our Ground resist, Rock and Water check and as my revenge killer. Also pivots around with BP so that's cool. Politoed acts as the secondary Water, Rock and Ground check, panic button for slower set up sweeper and a soft Monferno check. Vullaby was added so that Grass types don't totally destroy me, specially Leafeon and Cacturne, also my hard Monferno check. Defog support and slow U-turns are very nice for my offensive wallbreaker core. Golem rounds the team as the secondary Fire check, Electric imunity, priority user (so kind-of revenge killer) and Rocker, and come on, it's a golem, so wynaut. Hope u like it 'u'.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-510051639

And also ZeitoKrabby

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
RivalET
altaria.png gourgeist-super.png camerupt.gif prinplup.gif muk.gif bronzor.gif
Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Rest

Hey RivalET, sorry for doing this at the last moment anyway... I decided to make the core you gave me into stall just because I was too lazy to think of anything else. So, first off I added Bronzor because it is very bulky thanks to its natural bulk and typing with eviolite. It can serve as a check to a lot of Pokemon such as Golem, Muk, Metang, Mr.Mime, while also being able to widdle foes with Toxic. Next, I added Muk because it is a nice bulky wincon and special tank, that is often used on stall because it is immune to Trick thanks to Sticky Hold. Lastly, I choose to add Altaria thanks to its access to heal bell while also being a reliable Pawniard and Monferno Check. (The team is weak to setup sweepers RIP Quag. You should also be Wary of Stoutland as it can be troublesome I would probably add Tangela over Gourgiest to better deal with it. This team is also pressured by hazard stack since Prinplup is the team's form of hazard control which is worn down easily.

Hope you like it! Happy New Year!

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
EnemyJurist Happy New Year!

Combusken @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Shadow Claw
- Protect

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast / Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Encore

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Pain Split

Combusken + Monferno was pretty hard to make a good team with but after lots of different versions this one has the best winrate. After a suggestion from Junglefox I switched up the monkey and chicken sets to better lure each others counters. Golem sets up Stealth Rocks and is a Normal- and Flying-resist that also helps a bit with Choice Scarf Mr. Mime. Ground- and Water-types were threatening so Choice Scarf Leafeon defeats those while also adding some more immediate speed to the team. Politoed also helps with Water-types more reliably than Leafeon does while also adding some extra special bulk to take hits from Psychic-types. Last but not least Rotom-Fan is the dedicated Monferno + Grass-type check (read Leafeon because the Fire-types on the team just don't cut it), as well as a pivot and Ground immunity.

Generally you should try luring Grumpig with Combusken or Altaria with Monferno so the other one wins. Leafeon can also sometimes clean up after Altaria is removed. Otherwise the defensive synergy is decent enough but you should focus on beating the opponent instead of making them unable to beat you (two Pokemon with the same typing and same bad bulk make life hard :{). If you ever want to switch up a Pokemon Politoed is probably your safest bet.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-514680175
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-514666411

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Conor3197 sorry that its so late!

Also on a phone so forgive lack of sprites D:

Turkey (Combusken) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sky Uppercut
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Ham (Grumpig) @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Mashed Potatoes (Stoutland) @ Choice Band Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Facade
- Pursuit

Gravy Boat (Metang) @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Drum Sticks (Chatot) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Ok so the core was a Combusken named Turkey and a Grumpig named Ham. I decided to go a bulky offense route and threw on what is from my understanding one of the best mons in the tier in Stoutland. Next I wanted a rocks setter that wasnt passive and dealt with psychics so grumpig wouldnt get overloaded, and added Metang. At this point the team was rly slow and lacked specially offensive presence, So I added Chatot to make up for the lack of those things. Finally I wanted a decent dark resist, hazard control, and just some bulk so I added Vullaby to the team. I realize this isnt the mosy in-depth description but tgeres my thought process and its been doing decently well. Enjoy!

Taskr Sorry for this being late, my mum took my stuff so i could revise so i had to jump on my phone to do this, sorry for no sprites!
  1. Rapidash @ Charcoal
  2. Ability: Flash Fire
  3. EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
  4. Jolly Nature
  5. - Flare Blitz
  6. - Drill Run
  7. - Wild Charge
  8. - Morning Sun

9. Servine @ Choice Scarf
  10. Ability: Contrary
  11. EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
  12. Timid Nature
  13. - Leaf Storm
  14. - Hidden Power [Fire]
  15. - Taunt
  16. - Glare

17. Chinchou @ Eviolite
  18. Ability: Volt Absorb
  19. EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
  20. Calm Nature
  21. IVs: 0 Atk
  22. - Scald
  23. - Volt Switch
  24. - Rest
  25. - Sleep Talk

26. Golem @ Weakness Policy
  27. Ability: Sturdy
  28. EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
  29. Jolly Nature
  30. - Earthquake
  31. - Stone Edge
  32. - Sucker Punch
  33. - Stealth Rock

34. Vibrava @ Eviolite
  35. Ability: Levitate
  36. EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
  37. Impish Nature
  38. - Defog
  39. - U-turn
  40. - Roost
  41. - Earthquake

42. Ninjask @ Choice Band
  43. Ability: Infiltrator
  44. EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
  45. Jolly Nature
  46. - U-turn
  47. - Aerial Ace
  48. - X-Scissor
  49. - Toxic
So basically I wanted to build a volturn team around charcoal rapidash as a main breaker and scarf modest servine as a cleaner. Vibrava provides defog support, ninjask outspeeds many things and is a decent check to speed pass as it out speeds +2 combusken. Golem provides rocks and is jolly just to gain the advantage against other base 45 speeds and things that creep adamant. chinchou checks most offensive waters and is another pokemon to aid with the voltswitching.
Enjoy fren :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)