[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

I got this shiny Kyogre and wanted some help with it.

Language: Japanese
Species: Kyogre
OT: ひよこ
ID No.: idk which this is so I'll put in a few. PID: CAF213FB SID: 20615 TID: 35213
IVs: 0 atk 11 spD
EVs (optional): none so far
Ability: Drizzle
Pokemon's name: カイオーガ
Level: 100
Pokeball: Net Ball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: no
Moves:
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
Nature: Bold
Region of origin:
Emerald Poketransfer
Characteristic: Alert to sound.
Ribbons: Hoenn championship. Champion Ribbon Relax Ribbon Contest memory ribbn (2)
Other comments (optional):

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Welcome to Smogon!

The Kyogre is hacked, but in the future please post the exact IVs and try to avoid double posting. :) The "ID No." refers to the TID here, but posting additional info such as the PID and/or SID is always appreciated.

Welcome to Smogon!

The Kyogre is hacked, but in the future please post the exact IVs and try to avoid double posting. :) The "ID No." refers to the TID here, but posting additional info such as the PID and/or SID is always appreciated.
how do you know it's hacked here? The ones I didn't list for IVs are 31.

Last edited:
Coming back to the games just now and I use to breed and trade a lot in gen 4. Almost done with my living dex and wanted to know how I can best detect a bad Hoopa. Need one and don't want a hack. I take pride in not having hacked pokemon and want to weed out any pokemon bank didn't do for me.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Coming back to the games just now and I use to breed and trade a lot in gen 4. Almost done with my living dex and wanted to know how I can best detect a bad Hoopa. Need one and don't want a hack. I take pride in not having hacked pokemon and want to weed out any pokemon bank didn't do for me.
Send me a PM or a VM and I'll set you up with one.

I have a handful of pokemon I'm 99.99999% sure are hacked, or at least edited.

Language: ENG
Species: Reshiram
OT: Thor
ID No.: 39419
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: ---
Ability: Turboblaze
Pokemon's name: Reshiram
Level: 51
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Shiny: yes
Pentagon: yes
Moves: Solar Beam/Draco Meteor/Psychic/Fusion Flare
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Fabled Cave (Presumably Hoenn, Omega Ruby)
Characteristic: Likes to Thrash About
Ribbons: none
Other comments: I got it from an acquaintance who reportedly got it from a Facebook giveaway, so I can assume it's been mass cloned and I doubt it was legitimately obtained, considering it's a shiny legendary with perfect stats.

Species: Ho-oh
OT: Ninja
ID No.: 00285
Ability: Regenerator
Pokemon's name: Ho-oh
Pokeball: Dream Ball
Pentagon: no
Moves: Sacred Fire/Brave Bird/Roost/Earthquake
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Other comments: I've read Pokemon with perfect IVs before gen 6 can only have a specific assortment of natures, and I doubt Adamant is one of them. I've also heard that Pokemon from the Dream world can't be shiny, and if that's true then any hopes of this thing being legit go right out the window. This is from the same acquaintance who got it from a Facebook giveaway.

Language: JPN
Species: アルセウス
OT: デセルシティ
ID No.: 03075
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: アルセウス
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Judgement/Hydro Cannon/Blast Burn/Earth Power
Region of origin: Pokemon Movie 15
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Contest Star, Coolness Master, Beauty Master, Cuteness Master, Cleverness Master, Toughness Master, Best Friends, Training, Skillful Battler, Expert Battler, Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Gorreous, Royal, Gorgeous Royal, Footprint
Other comments: This looks like a textbook Japanese event shiny Arceus but it's missing a Classic Ribbon, making it highly suspect to me. I'm pretty sure all recent event pokemon MUST have a classic ribbon, otherwise it indicates they were made in an editing program. I received this Pokemon over Wonder Trade.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a handful of pokemon I'm 99.99999% sure are hacked, or at least edited.

Species: Reshiram
OT: Thor
ID No.: 39419
Ability: Turboblaze
Pokemon's name: Reshiram
Level: 51
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Moves: Solar Beam/Draco Meteor/Psychic/Fusion Flare
Region of origin: Fabled Cave (Presumably Hoenn, Omega Ruby)
Characteristic: Likes to Thrash About
Other comments: I got it from an acquaintance who reportedly got it from a Facebook giveaway, so I can assume it's been mass cloned and I doubt it was legitimately obtained, considering it's a shiny legendary with perfect stats.

Species: Ho-oh
OT: Ninja
ID No.: 00285
Ability: Regenerator
Pokemon's name: Ho-oh
Pokeball: Dream Ball
Pentagon: no
Moves: Sacred Fire/Brave Bird/Roost/Earthquake
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Other comments: I've read Pokemon with perfect IVs before gen 6 can only have a specific assortment of natures, and I doubt Adamant is one of them. I've also heard that Pokemon from the Dream world can't be shiny, and if that's true then any hopes of this thing being legit go right out the window. This is from the same acquaintance who got it from a Facebook giveaway.

Language: JPN
Species: アルセウス
OT: デセルシティ
ID No.: 03075
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: アルセウス
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Judgement/Hydro Cannon/Blast Burn/Earth Power
Region of origin: Pokemon Movie 15
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Contest Star, Coolness Master, Beauty Master, Cuteness Master, Cleverness Master, Toughness Master, Best Friends, Training, Skillful Battler, Expert Battler, Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Gorreous, Royal, Gorgeous Royal, Footprint
Other comments: This looks like a textbook Japanese event shiny Arceus but it's missing a Classic Ribbon, making it highly suspect to me. I'm pretty sure all recent event pokemon MUST have a classic ribbon, otherwise it indicates they were made in an editing program. I received this Pokemon over Wonder Trade.
tl;dr Don't trade anything here that you can't verify its source.

While that Reshiram is technically possible to obtain, the chances of getting a 6IV shiny legitimately are insanely low (1/32,768 for a 6 IV, and 1/1024 for a shiny is 1/33,554,432 for 6 IV + shiny if my math and this source are correct: http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/12887-chance-for-5-iv-legendary-reset/) Since it's being given away on facebook, the chances of it being legitimate are even lower than that.

While it's possible (and fairly easy) to obtain a perfect Adamant Ho-Oh through Dream Radar through RNG manipulation, Pokemon from Dream Radar can't be shiny. That's hacked.

The Shiny Arceus is missing the Wishing Ribbon, so it's hacked. Besides, there are only a handful of legitimate Shiny Arceus around due to how it was basically a lottery with a 1/19 chance at ~$10 a try (buying a movie ticket in Japan). Plus, getting 6 IVs on it is ridiculously tough. I've been soft resetting mine for over a year now and haven't even gotten a perfect 5 IV spread yet.

Plus...do you honestly think someone would trade you a legit perfect shiny Arceus event worth over $150 for free on Wondertrade? Use common sense.

tl;dr Don't trade anything here that you can't verify its source.
Wasn't planning on it. I know hacks are a no-go in this community, I don't like them either. The Ho-oh and Arceus are going in the trash (even though the Ho-oh is so pretty ;-;), but I'm keeping the Reshiram for myself for the sake of vanity until I can replace it with a legit one. I'll mooch someone's Omega Ruby and SR for my own, eventually.
Plus...do you honestly think someone would trade you a legit perfect shiny Arceus event worth over $150 for free on Wondertrade? Use common sense.
Now that's just insulting. I had assumed that the shiny event Arceus was a giveaway like all other events, I had no clue that people had to pay for a chance to get it. Therefor, with the knowledge I had, common sense would dictate someone was feeling generous one day and cloned their shiny event Arceus to send some off over Wonder Trade- except that it had perfect stats and was missing a ribbon I expected it to have.

Even after learning that people had to pay for the event I would assume someone cloned it to give out generously- had it not had perfect stats and been missing that ribbon. Cloning an event Pokemon does not cost anything, even if that event cost $150 to obtain at first, and therefor the owner of the original event 'mon would not be experiencing any sort of loss for sending clones off over wonder trade, besides squandering the uniqueness of their pokemon.

So yes. I would honestly think someone would trade a cloned shiny Arceus event originally worth over $150 for free on Wondertrade.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
Wasn't planning on it. I know hacks are a no-go in this community, I don't like them either. The Ho-oh and Arceus are going in the trash (even though the Ho-oh is so pretty ;-;), but I'm keeping the Reshiram for myself for the sake of vanity until I can replace it with a legit one. I'll mooch someone's Omega Ruby and SR for my own, eventually.

Now that's just insulting. I had assumed that the shiny event Arceus was a giveaway like all other events, I had no clue that people had to pay for a chance to get it. Therefor, with the knowledge I had, common sense would dictate someone was feeling generous one day and cloned their shiny event Arceus to send some off over Wonder Trade- except that it had perfect stats and was missing a ribbon I expected it to have.

Even after learning that people had to pay for the event I would assume someone cloned it to give out generously- had it not had perfect stats and been missing that ribbon. Cloning an event Pokemon does not cost anything, even if that event cost $150 to obtain at first, and therefor the owner of the original event 'mon would not be experiencing any sort of loss for sending clones off over wonder trade, besides squandering the uniqueness of their pokemon.

So yes. I would honestly think someone would trade a cloned shiny Arceus event originally worth over $150 for free on Wondertrade.
When you're getting things from Facebook (or worse, Wondertrade) you should always think "what are the chances that someone got this legit and gave it away vs the chances that someone hacked it and gave it away?" If it sounds too good to be true, then 99/100 times it is. The communities of people who know how to get good things legit and actually put in the effort to do so are few and far between, and they tend to be fairly insular. Afaik no one on Smogon clones their SRs and sends them out over Wondertrade for example.

If you want to believe in the common decency of people on the internet, great, but I'm just telling you how many people on Smogon and /r/pokemontrades feel about things from sources like Wondertrade and Facebook.

Is there any proof that heavy ball beldums can be legal (preferably from coding)?

The mechanism has definitely changed since gen4, so quoting those wouldnt help.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
Is there any proof that heavy ball beldums can be legal (preferably from coding)?

The mechanism has definitely changed since gen4, so quoting those wouldnt help.
It's possible through critical captures, the negative modifier does not make the chance zero nor null, it simply gives it a miniscule percentage of chance. When the chance is null it is 100% failure through normal means such as scripted failures for tutorial captures and attempting to catch Trainer Pokemon outside of XD/Colo.

It's possible through critical captures, the negative modifier does not make the chance zero nor null, it simply gives it a miniscule percentage of chance. When the chance is null it is 100% failure through normal means such as scripted failures for tutorial captures and attempting to catch Trainer Pokemon outside of XD/Colo.
Has anyone really looked into the coding to prove this? This is clearly not the past gen situation where "a negative modified catch rate is rounded up to 1" as some people have been oversimplifying it to.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
Has anyone really looked into the coding to prove this? This is clearly not the past gen situation where "a negative modified catch rate is rounded up to 1" as some people have been oversimplifying it to.
Yeah I didn't feel like finding an entire log for it, but Collector Togami has for you. It is still rounded up - a true negative modifier would make it null as I stated before. It's not a numerical value in the sense of reduced damage or resistances, there's no 'miss' anymore.

Edit: It's rounded up, but not set at 1.

I'm a little confused as to what is considered "hacked". If a pokemon is legitimately caught and then cloned or EV trained through something like Powersave is it hacked?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
I'm a little confused as to what is considered "hacked". If a pokemon is legitimately caught and then cloned or
EV trained through something like Powersave is it hacked?
Here is an excerpt from the Wifi Rules (I've bolded and increased the size of the bits that are relevant here):
The Rules said:
Hacking & Cloning

-Cloning is allowed on these forums. We do not care about your moral stance regarding cloning. If you do not want to trade for cloned Pokemon you are free to say so but DO NOT tell others cloning is hacking or whatever you consider it, keep all that to yourself.
  • Note in the Pokémon’s description...
    • If and how it was cloned.
    • If an emulator was used.
    • If it was obtained via a hacked or injected Wonder Card.
  • Note in your thread...
    • If and how you use third party tools including:
      • Any Action Replay (or similar device) codes you use.
      • Any Pokesav/Pokegen functions you use.
      • Any fake GTS such as Pokecheck or Pokegts.
  • Do NOT...
    • Trade Pokémon that have been created or altered by a third party tool (Action Replay, Pokegen, Pokesav, etc.).
      • This includes anything bred using created/altered Pokémon.
    • Use RAM editing.
    • Distribute Pokémon via .pkm files.
    • Ask for advice about AR, Pokegen, PokeSav, etc.
    • This should be common sense, but if you suspect a Pokemon is hacked, don't offer it in your trade thread. Seriously, a little common sense goes a long way.
    • Use a Power Saves device to force shininess onto a Pokemon. Doing so, then attempting to trade it will result in blacklisting.
tl;dr Cloning (with PowerSaves or any other means) is fine because it copies the data of the Pokemon only, whereas EV training (with PowerSaves or any other 3rd party means) is not allowed because it alters the data of the Pokemon.
Even if the original Pokemon was legitimate, EV Training/Levelling/doing anything to it with PowerSaves aside from cloning it will make it illegitimate and therefore unable to be traded here. Any Pokemon bred from it will also be considered hacks on this site.

Language: SPA
Species: Celesteela
OT: Eduardo
ID No.: 259158
EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/6 Attack
Ability: Beast Boost
Pokemon's name: Celesteela
Level: 65
Pokeball: Beast Ball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: Alolan "+"
Moves: Heavy Slam, Toxic, Protect, Leech Seed
Nature: Sassy
Region of origin: Alola (Haina Desert)
Ribbons: Battle Tree Great Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Moves are PP maxed. I got this from the GTS. The date met is 1/9/2011. It is holding a Leftovers. It had Pokerus.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Language: SPA
Species: Celesteela
OT: Eduardo
ID No.: 259158
EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/6 Attack
Ability: Beast Boost
Pokemon's name: Celesteela
Level: 65
Pokeball: Beast Ball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: Alolan "+"
Moves: Heavy Slam, Toxic, Protect, Leech Seed
Nature: Sassy
Region of origin: Alola (Haina Desert)
Ribbons: Battle Tree Great Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Moves are PP maxed. I got this from the GTS. The date met is 1/9/2011. It is holding a Leftovers. It had Pokerus.
"I got this from the GTS"
Pretty safe to assume that it's a hack

"I got this from the GTS"
Pretty safe to assume that it's a hack
Well maybe not. Sometimes when I see something I want, I'll trade 1 of my perfect clones in a rush to get it first, & then I'll get it back via Powersaves's backup feature.

Edit: BTW, it couldn't have been from me; I only have 2 Celesteela & neither are Sassy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)