Rebooting the Spanish Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! I thought it'd be a good idea to restart the project for our Spanish-speaking readers.

I worked with Setsuna on the initial batch of Spanish translations, but unfortunately he became too busy to continue work on the project. I asked him recently if he'd be interested in resuming the project, and he told me that I could lead a new one.

Now, we're translating fifth gen stuff first, since that's the current metagame being played, and I don't know of anyone even paying attention to fourth gen anymore, so it wouldn't make sense to translate fourth gen first at this point.

Since I'm studying for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test N4 that's due this December, I can't start work on the project until December 4th, but that doesn't mean we can't start recruiting translators in the mean time! So those of you who wish to contribute, read this thread and if you think you've got what it takes, read below to get started.

Let's get this project started again!

Guidelines:

- If you have an excellent command of both English and Spanish, then send me a PM in Spanish with the title "Spanish Translation Project" to prove your skills. Make its length considerable so I can have a better idea of your skills if you're not native to a Spanish-speaking country.
- Once you've been chosen, be aware that every private conversation will be written in Spanish, and no one must know what is being spoken there.
- We aim to translate each guide that we have on the site. Moves, abilities and items will be the main priority for now.
- Also, please keep in mind that we need to have writing standards, not only do you need to have Spanish skills, but also composition skills. You can't translate everything literally, so you have to adapt the text to something any Spanish speaker will understand. This also means that we have to use a neutral Spanish in order to avoid feelings of alienation from people that live in the different countries, and we'll use both Spanish and English names, since Latin America gets English versions and Spain has its very own localization, so we can't leave either region behind.
- You don't need programming skills in order to participate, but you'll be asked to use simple and easy to use codes that will relieve our web masters from doing more work than they need.
- Once we're all ready to go (after at least December 4th), I'll give each of you access to the place where every assigned translation will be uploaded.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I thought you'd given up on this already, good to see I was wrong. Also I'm willing to participate on this again ;)

Bloo

Banned deucer.
While I don't have the time to sit down to help translate content anymore, I will certainly be here if anyone needs any administrative work done, for me to look over any translations work, assistance with any on-site / HTML / SCMS related matters in order to create pages like the ones here, or any other general guidance that you guys may need. I can dedicate some time to help with those things since they are less time intensive than translating a bunch of material, and I am sure Setsuna will be available for any of those things as well if you'd like to seek his help.

I'm sure you'll do a great job leading mine and Setsuna's baby, Rockin-X. I am glad to see that you're taking steps to revive this, and if you want ownership of the Spanish translations group or need anything from me, don't hesitate to PM me and ask! In the meantime, I think I know some people who may be interested in this, so recruit I shall.

Hi, I'm from Argentina, so I speak Spanish. I'm interested in help with this proyect. However I have zero programing skills, so I'm not sure about that.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
you don't need having any programming skills to help with the project, you can just translate stuff that will be uploaded to the site by people that know how/can do it!

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
I've sent a PM to those who will be involved in the project. If I've forgotten anyone, please let me know. I also invited people to the project's social group.

Wy, as u can see im new on this page, but im from Argentina too,(i obviously speak spanish) so I can help u to translate all the pokes stuff.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright. The first translation jobs have been assigned, so unless someone bails out, the next translation jobs will be assigned on the 17th of this month.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Is this still going? I know that it has been 6 months since the last post here, but I can help if it is needed, so...is this still going?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Social groups are gone and I'm thus creating subforums for any active translation projects here. In these, you are of course allowed to speak in your tongues. Any translation project leader should contact me to create a node for their translation project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)