All Gens Retro Cup of Pokémon: Qualifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Spreadsheet | 2020 ⏭

Signups | Qualifying | Round 1 | Round 2 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

Retro Cup of Pokémon features all tiers retired from World Cup of Pokémon. That means this year, it will just be an RBY OU tournament. Each national team is allowed 3 players, plus 1 substitute. The first 16 teams (corresponding to those who applied for this year's World Cup of Pokémon) to successfully apply will be the teams to make up the tournament. For the first round, players will be randomly assigned into 12 groups of 4, with the top 8 teams with the most wins collected. The seeding tiebreak will be the highest ranking points (6 points for sole 1st, 4 points for sole 2nd and 2 points for sole 3rd, shared between spots if necessary) within the group, just like WCoP and then randomization as the secondary tiebreak. The qualifying tiebreak will be full 3 vs 3 man matchups involving the tied teams. From Round 2 onwards, your team's captain will be asked to submit your lineup in order from spots 1-3. The rest of the tournament will be single elimination 3 vs 3 man matchups. Every tournament match will be first-to-2! (best of 3 excluding ties).

Matches Complete: 4/6 (66.7%)

Battle to represent USA Central

USA Central 1 (0-3) US Central 2
Captains: Huston | d0nut
1: Golden Gyarados (0-2) Eo Ut Mortus (Replay: 1, 2)
2: Mr.378 (1-2) urban (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
3: Huston (0-2) HSA (Replay: 1, 2)

Substitutes: Porii Sames | d0nut

Battle to earn the last qualification spot
VS

Latin America (1-0) Portugal
Captains: Shogarth | Void
1: Vileman (2-0) R!cardo (Replay: 1, 2)
2: -herO- «0-*F» Void (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
3: Shogarth «0-*F» Pearl (Replay: 1, 2, 3)

Substitutes: Lcans | Kushalos

First-to-2! (best of 3 excluding ties) each match.

Deadline: July 16th 03:00 AM EDT / 09:00 AM CEST

Last edited:

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've changed the deadline to Sunday morning. Looking for Portugal's lineup order from Pearl / Void (the Portugal Captain) for the qualifying. I will use Portugal's order posted in the signups at 03:00 AM EDT / 09:00 AM CEST July 12th if I don't get one by then.

Lutra

I'll wait 3 more days for LA and Portugal to show contact for all matches and then make decisions to put the one of the teams through if necessary.

Lutra

Flipped two coins for the remaining battles and both were tails, so Portugal goes through.

R!cardo is in group 2.
Void is in group 8.
Pearl is in group 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)