All Gens RoAPL 3: Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
col49 missed the scheduled time yesterday and left me waiting for over an hour without a word, despite coming online more than once during that period. He later gave an alternate time (which I couldn't do) and suggested I otherwise ask for a sub. Tried getting his team's attention in the RoAPL Discord but no word from them at all.

I can't play today and it feels like I'm the only one trying to get this battle done so yeah I'm calling activity.

SasukeNF

formerly Hangover
Hangover never responded and I can't play tonight, activity
Ok I can explain this... I have just realized I ignored you on the forums, idk how, and I couldn't see your messages. I realized this because I couldn't see your post know, and then it appeared "you are ignoring content from this user".

I didn't meant to do it, and I wanted to play. In fact I tried to log in online everyday to check if you posted something because I couldn't do it on your profile (because I ignored you as it seems to be). The proof of it is that I didn't had problems on scheduling other matches for the weekend.

Anyways, today I was on Smogtours waiting if I could see you but I didn't, and also asked a friend of yours if you were online on Discord and you weren't.

In conclusion, sorry for my mistake and as an advice: if you truly wanted to play you could have asked my manager to know what had happen to me, at least he could have sub me in case I couldn't play.

That's all folks

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Ok I can explain this... I have just realized I ignored you on the forums, idk how, and I couldn't see your messages. I realized this because I couldn't see your post know, and then it appeared "you are ignoring content from this user".

I didn't meant to do it, and I wanted to play. In fact I tried to log in online everyday to check if you posted something because I couldn't do it on your profile (because I ignored you as it seems to be). The proof of it is that I didn't had problems on scheduling other matches for the weekend.

Anyways, today I was on Smogtours waiting if I could see you but I didn't, and also asked a friend of yours if you were online on Discord and you weren't.

In conclusion, sorry for my mistake and as an advice: if you truly wanted to play you could have asked my manager to know what had happen to me, at least he could have sub me in case I couldn't play.
if Lutra can give us an extension i would be ok with playing, cuz i can all day Tuesday and Wednesday

Last edited:

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
teal and I were supposed to play at 6, I'll be around for a little bit longer

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
JACOB and Hangover , you can have the extension. I'll call it a dead game (even if it may be an activity win) in the standings until you play, since Pacifidlog Typhloons won the week anyway.

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can't post Week 7 yet because Marcop has been placed in 2 tiers in Dewford Dogs' lineup.

Lutra

Banner by TrainerSplash | Auction assisted by OrdA | Official RoAPL Discord Server | Spreadsheet

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Decided with Jellicent

Adjudged Wins

Googly (W-0) col49
Sam (W-0) teal6
pokebasket (W-0) Klefkwi
The Quasar (W-0) badabing

Dead Games

Lord Ninjax (D-D) zf
JabbaTheGriffin (D-D) ZoroDark
reyscarface (D-D) Magellan
idiotfrommars (D-D) Mr.378
elodin (D-D) Steve Angello

Team Standings

1st | __Dewford Dogs__ | 4 points | 32-32
2rd | _Viridian Vaporeon | 3 ½ points | 37-35
3rd | ___Koniko Klan__ | 3 ½ points | 35-35
4th| Pacifidlog Typhloons | 3 points | 38-30
5th | _Pyrite Town Pichus | 3 points | 37-31
6th | __Eterna Eevees__ | 3 points | 31-34
7th | _The Navy Spheals | 2 ½ points |30-33
8th | Snowpoint Sneasels | 1 ½ points | 30-40

⏫Click here to view match results and replays⏫

Last edited:

Lutra

RoAPL 3 Team Interview of the Week #6: The Navy Spheals

Interview took place during the Finals

Lutra: Hello, today I'm joined by Huston, manager of The Navy Spheals, a team who unfortunately didn't make the playoffs. To a lot of people, you were a surprise pick as an old gen manager, coming in to replace KratosMana. Do you think you've shown that you've earned a place as a manager for upcoming team tournaments?

Huston: I feel I did fairly well considering I didn't have all the preparation time other managers did, and I honestly think I have earned my place in the future... though there are definitely a lot of things I would have done differently throughout the season but I've learned a lot for the future regarding managing.

Lutra: Did the auction go well for you? Was it according to plan?

Huston: I believe it did, though I was trying to draft to please my assistant manager as well, which I kind of regret simply because of activity issues and the lack of depth due to that which caused us issues in several weeks.

Lutra: Your team was one of the inactive ones, do you see that as something you need to correct for next time?

Huston: Absolutely. That was mostly my fault, but I definitely will be more proactive regarding that in the future.

Lutra: What role did your assistant manager Luigi play for the team?

Huston: He helped with the draft, and had a role in a couple of teams used during the season.

Lutra: ADV seemed your one strong tier results-wise and that was reflected in the power rankings. Do you feel any players of other tiers deserved more than the results they got?

Huston: Not really. Most of our issues were simply activity related, and most records from our players were around what I believe they should have gotten. Klefkwi is one player that really impressed me throughout the season, and is someone that I do think could have done even better and will in the future.

Lutra: What was the atmosphere like in your discord server?

Huston: For the most part there wasn't that much communication, compared to other experiences in team tours I have had.

Lutra: Since a number of your matches went to a hosting decision, do you feel any of the decisions went against your team more than you were expecting?

Huston: No, not really. I tried to get subs and such, but when people aren't active it causes losses and that's to be expected.

Lutra: Tell us how you initially found competitive Pokémon and Smogon.

Huston: I was a VGC player, and actually went to Smogon for VGC in 2014. I've been playing singles metagames for about a year, though I haven't had any real success in tournaments.

Lutra: What are your favourite tiers these days?

Huston: I mostly enjoy Little Cup and Ubers, though I play quite a bit of RBY and DPP on Showdown.

Lutra: What are your Pokémon goals for the future?

Huston: Well, i start full time college in a couple months so I honestly don't know how much longer I'll play seriously, but I'd like to win a major tournament(seasonals/Open/OU Circuit) before I am too busy to realistically compete at a high level. I'd need to improve a lot for this to happen, and I'd also like to play in SPL at least once though 2018 may be my last chance.

Lutra: Do you look up to any players?

Huston: Yes. I've always looked up to players like Peasounay, as well as Kingler12345 and Heysup in Little Cup.

Lutra: What things in the competitive Pokémon scene would you most like to see improve?

Huston: I honestly don't see too much that's a major problem in the community, but I think sometimes the community in general on Smogon tends to be a bit harsh to newer players or experienced players who aren't high level players, but I think it's slowly getting better over the last year or so in my opinion.

Lutra: Any more questions you want me to ask you?

Huston: Not that I know of lol

Lutra: Thank you Huston, you've answered all the questions I can think to give you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)