RU Analyses Discussion Thread

Does anyone mind if I rewrite the intro for Braviary?

To make things worse, it has trouble breaking through prominent Rock- and Steel-types such as Tyrantrum and Mega Steelix as well as tough physical walls such as Alomomola, all of which are fairly common in the current RU metagame.
Tyrantrum and Mega Steelix are both banned, and as for Alomomola...

252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 120 HP / 136+ Def Alomomola: 289-342 (57.6 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Sky Plate Braviary Brave Bird vs. 120 HP / 136+ Def Alomomola: 232-274 (46.3 - 54.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Alomomola Scald vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Braviary: 42-49 (10.3 - 12.1%)

So the wallbreaker set straight up 2HKOes, while the SubBU set uses it as set up fodder.

The overall tone of the overview makes out that it's a rather niche Pokemon in RU, when last time I checked it was considered A Rank in the VR.

Does anyone mind if I rewrite the intro for Braviary?

Tyrantrum and Mega Steelix are both banned, and as for Alomomola...

252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 120 HP / 136+ Def Alomomola: 289-342 (57.6 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Sky Plate Braviary Brave Bird vs. 120 HP / 136+ Def Alomomola: 232-274 (46.3 - 54.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Alomomola Scald vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Braviary: 42-49 (10.3 - 12.1%)

So the wallbreaker set straight up 2HKOes, while the SubBU set uses it as set up fodder.

The overall tone of the overview makes out that it's a rather niche Pokemon in RU, when last time I checked it was considered A Rank in the VR.
You can just add a submission via CMS since you have a badge. Besides, the analysis was uploaded in February which is why it mentions the banned Pokemon.

Aggron's analysis needs an update, since both Mega Steelix and Tyrantrum have been banned:

While its Head Smash is incredibly powerful and it does have coverage for many of the Rock-resistant Pokemon in RU, the likes of Seismitoad, Poliwrath, and Mega Steelix can stand up to it most of the time. Perhaps the most crippling issue for Aggron is of no fault of its own. The fact that Tyrantrum exists in RU with higher Attack and Speed stats makes it very hard to justify the use of Aggron.

phantom

Banned deucer.
I just went through the cms and merged a bunch of edits removing mentions of banned mons. If anyone else with a badge would like to make some similar edits, I'll merge it as soon as I know of it. It'd also be really helpful.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
There are still mentions of Amoonguss in Escavalier, Gallade, Aromatisse, Diancie, Seismitoad, Rotom-Mow, Sawk, Rhyperior, Meloetta, Jolteon, Hitmonlee, Granbull, Golbat, Emboar, Eelektross, Delphox, Clawitzer, Camerupt, and Gurdurr's analysis. (I didn't check all of NU and PU, though, so there may be more.)

I also noticed Mega Steelix and Tyrantrum are still in Delphox's analysis.

I decided to go check all the NU Pokémon in the B ranks that don't have an analysis being worked on currently to see which ones still mentioned Pokémon that aren't in the tier anymore.

: Mentions Amoonguss.
: Mentions Tangrowth.
: Mentions Mega Steelix.
: Mentions Dugtrio.
: Mentions Tyrantrum.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Registeel needs some Thunderbolt mention speaking how important it is from stopping Braviary from breaking RegiMola

Spirit edit: You're a badged user, you can make the edit yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

phantom

Banned deucer.
I decided to go check all the NU Pokémon in the B ranks that don't have an analysis being worked on currently to see which ones still mentioned Pokémon that aren't in the tier anymore.

: Mentions Amoonguss.
: Mentions Tangrowth.
: Mentions Mega Steelix.
: Mentions Dugtrio.
: Mentions Tyrantrum.
Got these, thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)