Project RU Creative/Underrated Sets V2

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
approved by atomicllamas
OP adapted from rozes
Old thread by 49 and his thread, which you can find here

Standard and common sets are generally effective. After all, that's why they're common and standard. But sometimes a less-common set can be effective. In fact, brand-new sets can be quite effective as well. This thread is for new and creative movesets that can be quite effective, as well as old movesets that have fallen out of favor but have become quite effective in the RU metagame.

What is a new and creative, good moveset?
  • It successfully pulls off a role, and is not strictly outclassed by others.
  • It takes advantage of metagame trends.
  • It has had some success. Post replays / logs to strengthen your case.
What is an underrated, good moveset?
  • It is an existing set that for whatever reason isn't common.
  • Its use is meant to prey on specific facets of the metagame.
  • It might be able to surprise and demolish Pokemon that normally counter the usual sets, but does not become a gimmick in order to do so.
What are some things that constitute a shitty gimmick?
  • Using a Pokemon that has no business being used in RU, for the sake of using it in RU.
  • Movesets that are inferior and ineffective compared to existing movesets, or use an obscure move for the sake of hitting an even more obscure check or counter.
  • Movesets that are utterly impractical or are horribly outclassed by another Pokemon.
Some ground rules as well:
  • You must test your set before posting it here. Don't post something just because it "might" work, post it because it does.
  • Include a readable format and description for all sets, explain what it does and why it's worth running in the metagame.
  • Don't post joke or troll sets, this is for serious and competitive sets only.

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
i'll bite

underrated set:

RETROMARCIA (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail / Stone Edge
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake

creative set

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 20 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

- Waterfall
- Toxic

creative set

POSTMORTEM (Dugtrio) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch / Aerial Ace
- Pursuit

move Yama to underrated IMO.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

This set is amazing and pretty underrated tbh. Instead of becoming a bulky win condition or an emergency button with thunder wave, it becomes a solid mixture of both and become a pretty scary set up sweeper with trick room and nasty plot, becoming amazing counterplay against offense since it really isnt particularly prepared to take boosted scald or psyshocks. Really cool set that should see more usage.

There is also the option of running rindo berry to say "f you" to Pokemon like Virizion and use venusaur as trick room bait but I prefer colbur 88% of the time.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard/Low Kick

The premise of this set is pretty simple and it's LO sneasel with CB>LO, but I'll explain why cb is good on this. In between a rocks weakness, being grounded, and life orb recoil, sneasel takes a TON of chip damage per game and it can lose almost 40% of its health whenever you bring it out to attack, which frankly sucks ass. CB Sneasel is still obviously rocks weak, but it doesn't take the 10% chip from LO and actually gets a notable power boost, especially since knock off hits like a truck. This is mainly meant for HOs without hazard control since it helps out with all the chip that sneasel takes while still executing an AoA role very effectively. Additionally for spikes stacking HO, this set 2HKOs megalix after rocks and a spike 100% of the time whereas life orb has only a 16% chance to 2HKO. This set also does a significant amount more to both scarf tyrantrum and scarf medicham, both of whom are huge headaches for HO, and this in tandem with another priority mon can beat pretty much any anti-offense mon in the metagame. This set is pretty cool to use for a few reasons and I recommend that you guys check it out.

Creative/Underrated

Cut it (Rotom-Mow) @ Leftovers / Chesto berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leaf Storm
- Rest
- Volt Switch

With Mega-Steelix getting as much usage as it does, this set is really great. can always come in on steelix and proceed to burn incoming threats or directly volt switch out for momentum gain. I'd recommmend chesto berry if you dont have a heal beller on your team.
Also works vs Virizion.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Creative Set

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Foreseight
- Sucker Punch

Okay let's be honest who hasn't been screwed over by this on the ladder. Unless you see Mach Punch or Fake Out people think it is just your standard spin + foresight. You bring in Psychic-type only to be met with a Sucker Punch to the face. You think it is just a noob decision to put Sucker Punch but in reality it is quite an effective lure. The most notable case is against Hoopa as it is a great spin blocker and scares Hitmontopwith Psyshock, but then it just dies because of its terrible defense and extremely bad Dark weakness. Of course it is also capable of picking off weakened Meloetta and Sigilyph.

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok I'll bite ;3

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Roar

So standard evs but I wanted to share 2 moves that are interesting not refresh or toxic lol. This set is used on teams that want to guarantee spin even on ghosts thanks to foresight and roar is v nice as a phazer thanks to it's bulk it can shuffle teams around if needed possibly rack up hazard damage as well

UNDERRATED SET(S)

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Wil-O-Wisp

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Better yet, put these two together. Spiritomb scares out any sane person with a Psychic-type, and kills 'em ez. Gurdurr is then free to wreak havoc with Mach Punch and Bulku Up, seeing as many teams only have Psychics as a response.

CREATIVE SET(S):

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Pain Split

A way to prey on fat mons like lix that want to switch in on play rough and force a baton pass.

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- HP Fire/HP Ice
- Sleep Powder/Knock Off/Energy Ball

I know I didn't discover this set, but it is really fun, and can lure stuff that thinks it can take on venu and ko it with the appropriate move. Scarf Overgrow Energy Ball is also nice for that cleanup potential.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This sets a little strange but pretty good. It's especially useful against pokemon like Blastoise or Alo who can pretty much only use toxic to damage you. I often found I could set up a free sub on a predicted toxic and go from there. Partner it with a reliable tspiker to get that extra whittle damage vs things like Tangrowth who would normally beat you. However, with TSpikes up and a free sub on toxic you can Power Up Punch on the switch and beat it with Ice Punch. EQ is the reliable stab of choice so you can actually kill Alo. It's also pretty solid coverage alongside Ice Punch. When I talked to the only person I know who plays RU he told me that this was a lowkey set but I haven't seen anybody else using it and it caught many people by surprise while I was laddering for suspect reqs.

With Mega Steelix and Tyrantrum now banned, Rhyperior can stand tall and strong in RU. That said, it can be tough to decide whether to use the offensive or defensive set. Or you could combine them...

Rhyperior @ Leftovers / Expert Belt
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

A fusion of its Stealth Rock set and Choice Band set, this Rhyperior is meant to be a Stealth Rock setter that can still do a lot of damage. Stealth Rock is necessary on pretty much any team. Earthquake is Rhyperior's main STAB, getting 2HKOes on most things that don't resist it or aren't dedicated physical walls. Stone Edge is the alternate STAB and gets brilliant coverage with Earthquake. Rock Blast can be used instead if you don't like the accuracy of Stone Edge. Ice Punch OHKOes Virizion after Stealth Rock, and 2HKOes Assault Vest Tangrowth if you're running Expert Belt. The EVs let you outrun uninvested base 50s like Tangrowth, Registeel and Diancie. Maximum Attack EVs let you hit as hard as possible. The rest is placed in HP for extra bulk. You could also run a spread of 244 HP / 180 Atk / 84 Spe if you want more bulk. Leftovers gives you some recovery, while Expert Belt can be used to hit harder on super effective moves.

Last edited:

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
With Mega Steelix and Tyrantrum now banned, Rhyperior can stand tall and strong in RU. That said, it can be tough to decide whether to use the offensive or defensive set. Or you could combine them...

Rhyperior @ Leftovers / Expert Belt
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Megahorn

A fusion of its Stealth Rock set and Choice Band set, this Rhyperior is meant to be a Stealth Rock setter that can still do a lot of damage. Stealth Rock is necessary on pretty much any team. Earthquake is Rhyperior's main STAB, getting 2HKOes on most things that don't resist it or aren't dedicated physical walls. Stone Edge is the alternate STAB and gets brilliant coverage with Earthquake. Rock Blast can be used instead if you don't like the accuracy of Stone Edge. Megahorn can 2HKO Assault Vest Tangrowth on the switch and OHKOes Assault Vest Slowking after Stealth Rock. The EVs let you outrun uninvested base 50s like Tangrowth, Registeel and Diancie. Maximum Attack EVs let you hit as hard as possible. The rest is placed in HP for extra bulk. You could also run a spread of 244 HP / 180 Atk / 84 Spe if you want more bulk. Leftovers gives you some recovery, while Expert Belt can be used to hit harder on super effective moves.
This is a really cool set idea, but I would personally recommend Ice Punch > Megahorn in the current meta, as Virizion and Flygon seem like more important targets to me than Uxie and Bronzong, personally. 96 Speed evs can also be used to outspeed max speed modest Mega Camerupt, which was gaining in popularity a few months ago. I've run a similar set, and I think that teams that have the special attackers that Rhyperior is used to answer covered can really benefit from hitting harder.

I would especially recommend ice punch on an ebelt variant because
252+ Atk Expert Belt Rhyperior Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Virizion: 298-350 (92.2 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

You're right, Flygon and Virizion are more common in RU now than Bronzong and Uxie so Ice Punch would probably be better. And with an Expert Belt you still 2HKO Assault Vest Tangrowth most of the time (you need Stealth Rock to guarantee the 2HKO). 252+ Atk Expert Belt Rhyperior Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 190-223 (47 - 55.1%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO. Guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock.

A set that I CREATED (I think):

719.png

Diancie @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm/Hidden Power Fire

So I was looking for something to beat common leads and found this. This golden nugget. It's a really fun set, and the speed catches a lot by surprise (it creeps min speed seis, if you were wondering). You could run alternate EVs, like 16 speed, 128 speed, but I like 208. Diamond Storm does a hefty chunk to flyers even with a hindering nature, so it makes a solid bird check as well. This set works best on BO, and really does work wonders against it.

Had a couple replays, but lost 'em, so I'll work on getting more.

Anyway, there are a few other sets I'd really like to point out.

SUBSTITUTE GLALIE AND BLOCK GLALIE

362-mega.png

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe OR 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Return
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Substitute

Cool set. Glalie forces a lot of switches, so when they switch into Mola, sub, then fire off powerful attacks. I've used this set with SubPass + Wish Jolteon, and it's honestly really underrated. Creative set.

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty/Mild Nature
- Return/Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Block

This set has been explored, but is still a very underrated set. It can trap a lot of mons like Mola and bulky waters like Slowking, which are 2HKO'd by freeze-dry. It still carries utility with Ice Shard and powerful refrigerate-boosted attacks, so it's not limited to that one trapping niche.

Last edited:

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Mixed Sceptile

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 228 Atk / 64 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

This is a set I've used a few times. Special Sceptile has unfortunate coverage, relying on weird hidden powers, focus blast, and leaf storm to actually do damage, which can often leave it vulnerable. This set capitalizes on the fact that it has a cool physical movepool, even though I personally believe SD sets are super gimmicky. Also special is checked hard by flying types just as a general rule; Fletchinder and Sigilyph especially. Also not being unburden means you get to capitalize on the crazy power of overgrow leaf storm.

Evs hit 115 speed +1, so you're only outsped by Dugtrio who has to be pretty desperate to try trapping you, attack evs ohko Virizion with Aerial Ace and does 40% to registeel; Low Kick can be used over EQ to usually 2hko, but then you miss the SE hit on Drapion and absolute ohko on Magneton. You also 2hko diancie after rocks which is cool. Special attack is whats left over, but also OHKOs alomomola and also always OHKOs diancie when overgrow kicks in, which is super cool. You can run less with more speed I guess. Leaf Blade sucks so you have to be mixed.

An pretty low amount of offensive mons dodge the 2hko from Leaf Storm (which is pretty spammable tbh) and coverage move; even less avoid the 2hko from the right coverage move twice. Even SD Sceptile rarely has room for Rock Slide so you can pretty consistently lure in stuff like Sigilyph, especially versus desperate teams. If rocks are up most teams won't have a hard answer they can afford to drop. Best hard switchins are usually relatively exploitable mons like bronzong and escavalier which is super nice for this set.

I like to pair this with Meloetta; a huge amount of psychic and normal resists hate dealing with this Sceptile set and will unwittingly switch in. Also pairs super well with pursuit escavalier.

I only have one low ladder replay because I kept accidentally closing games where it did good, but trust me it's an okay set.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-394925195
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-394925195
EDIT: Forgot to say u can drop the attack to 156 if you don't need virizion dead before rocks desperately. Put the extra evs wherever, prferably spatk.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Cerebus (Houndoom) (M) @ Life Orb / Black Glasses
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature / Timid
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Pursuit / Sucker Punch / Hidden Power whatever

Unnerve on Houndoom is a really unexplored ability but in pactice is actually effective as breaking past a few Pokemon, mainly those that utilize Colbur Berry into there strategy. The main targets are Slowking (who is trying to use Colbur Berry to beat Houndoom), Meloetta who has to play a 50-50 now, and Uxie who once again has to play a 50-50 but can only cripple Houndoom with TWave. Unfortunately this means trading the ever so useful Fire immunity that apparently makes this a good emboar switch in which means it struggles more against Delphox if opting for Pursuit. Mainly this is like a mix of the popular Nasty Plot set and old and terribly bad physical set without being complete ass. You could also drop some SpA for Atk to for stuff like Sucker Punch and Pursuit but I haven't taken the time to come up / find any relevant benchmarks. I went ahead and slashed Hidden Power + Timid because some people might just want to bypass Musharna, Slowking, and Uxie instead of also forcing the 50-50 with Pursuit in order to hit different targets and Black Glasses in case some teams don't have good hazard control but beware of the trade off as your Fire Blast is noticeably weaker.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Underrated set imo

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail
- Sucker Punch

Absol is such a monster, lol. Really risky mon to use but good lord, so rewarding. In my experience, absol sets that rely on its coverage (Iron Tail + Play Rough and stuff) lack the wallbreaker power necessary against the fat balance you see nowadays with cores like registeel/alomomola/defensive venusaur and stuff like that. With SD however, it becomes so hard to stop some teams just crumble against a +2 absol so easily. Mega Steelix departure allows absol to run iron tail pretty freely tbh, making its checks not even checks anymore cause you would to rely on a miss to survive. If you see SD Absol as a wallbreaker to support another win condition instead of a win condition on its own it works better in my experience. Solid set and incredibly rewarding once it works, just need to dodge 1 scald burn :V

Creative set imo

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch

"Random Pokemon with Toxic for Alomomola" - A genius. Well, not really LOL. As hilarious as this sounds, toxic is a pretty decent filler for spiritomb nowadays. Not something mindbending but it manages to work pretty well. Many of the Pokemon Spiritomb struggle to deal with are hampered by toxic. And thats a pretty huge list: Emboar, Houndoom, Offensive Diancie sets, Virizion, Slowking gets extra crippled, Fletchinder, Alomomola, etc. And you have will-o-wisp for Pokemon that wouldnt mind toxic or you would prefer having them burned like Drapion, Sawk and company. Golbat taught me an important lesson on how cool is having infiltrator toxic at your disposal for stuff like sub bulk up braviary, massive threat right now. Have fun.

Cheers!

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Underrated

Coral Calamity (Slowking) (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Since this apparently on the analysis I guess that I'm going to post it here sigh. Choice Specs Slowking is really REALLY underrated. While its definately not as good of a pivot like its more stamdard AV and defensive sets are, but it has a lot more firepower to back up and by a lot, I mean a lot. Scald is lets Slowking pressures the majority of the metagame alongside the chance to burn which makes it a super deadly tool for a pivot. Psychic is pretty simple, you use it when you don't want to use Scald when you predict something like a Jelicent to come in. Fire Blast lures Escalivier in if you haven't revealed Specs. Finally Trick can cripple something like Alomomola or Registeel. Of course being Slowking it can run 50 million different things in the last two slots like Calm Mind to still pressures teams after crippling there Alomomola / other thing with Trick. Grass Knot to damage bulky Water / Grounds in one slot. Shadow Ball for Uxie / opposing Slowkings / Jelicent.

Last edited:
I did originally have Choice Specs Slowking on the analysis, but I was told to remove it as it's very susceptible to Pursuit.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

With Amoongus and Tangrowth gone, the position of bulky Grass type just got a lot less crowded. The niche this set has over Venusaur is its access to Volt Switch and Will-O-Wisp. Leaf Storm is the STAB, doing decent damage to anything not resisting it. Volt Switch is used to scout switch ins and grab momentum. Pain Split provides a form of recovery. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers not named Emboar or Gurdurr. You could also use Thunder Wave and Hidden Power Water to spread paralysis and 2HKO Mega Camerupt, respectively. The EVs give you enough Speed to outrun Exploud. 252 HP EVs give you the best overall bulk. The rest is in Defence for more physical bulk, although you could also put it in Special Defence for more special bulk.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Bulky NP Slowking

Slowking @ Leftovers/Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpA
Modest Nature

- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Scald
- Slack Off

CM Slowking I've found is easy to deal with for many teams cause you can just status it with Alomo/Blastoise/Jellicent/whatever and then just stall it out. Nasty Plot provides a similar win condition which allows Slowking to break through bulkier cores but gives it a lot more immediate power. People often forget that you don't have to go fully offensive Trick Room to use Nasty Plot effectively. This spread combined with the use of Psychic over Psyshock allows Slowking to always 2HKO Alomomola (including through Protect spam) and Blastoise, as well as 3HKOing Bronzong with a +2 Scald, and actually denting Registeel. However, it still retains enough bulk to allow it to survive hits like Scarf Flygon's Outrage, LO Sneasel's Knock Off, and +2 Fletchinder Acrobatics (as well as to bluff a physdef or mixed def Slowking until NP is revealed). Essentially it functions the same as a normal, slightly frailer, Slowking, switching in and out of battle and firing off Scalds. But when it comes to the endgame where you need a win condition, it's far more reliable vs bulkier cores and won't be simply Toxic Stalled from a win.

+2 92+ SpA Slowking Psychic vs. 120 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 291-343 (58 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 92+ SpA Slowking Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blastoise: 222-262 (61.3 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 92+ SpA Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 135-159 (39.9 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 92+ SpA Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 112-133 (30.7 - 36.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery (but if scald burns even once it's a 3HKO)
+2 92+ SpA Slowking Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 223-264 (55.3 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Slowking: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Slowking: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Slowking: 330-390 (83.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Slowking: 184-217 (46.7 - 55%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Slowking: 267-315 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Compared with CM:
+1 0 SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 120 HP / 136+ Def Alomomola: 121-144 (24.1 - 28.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 70-84 (19.2 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 121-144 (30 - 35.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Speedy Gonzalez

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

This thing is a straight up beast. I will post more about this later today. It seriously can do at least 50% to almost any offensive pokemon and wrecks HO. It is walled by the normal walls, but will get better if Alomola gets banned. You can add more speed to beat out other priority users like Fletchinder.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Speedy Gonzalez

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

This thing is a straight up beast. I will post more about this later today. It seriously can do at least 50% to almost any offensive pokemon and wrecks HO. It is walled by the normal walls, but will get better if Alomola gets banned. You can add more speed to beat out other priority users like Fletchinder.
Or use Hitmonlee

Speedy Gonzalez

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Yeah, I honestly have no idea why you would use this instead of other Fighting-types in the tier. You say it beats HO, but that team style isn't particularly great in this tier to begin with. Even if it was, the fact that this is walled by pretty much every common physically-defensive tank / wall in the tier makes it a pretty sub-optimal choice. Also, did I miss something? When did doing 50% to frail offensive Pokemon become an accomplishment? Overall, RU has a plethora of ridiculously strong Fighting-types, so offensive Hitmontop really does not have a niche in this tier; this is mainly because it is easily walled and dismantled by a great number of threats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)