Sableye in OU

Can anyone help me figure out a good set for Sableye that can work in OU? Now I'll start with this: I do not want anyone saying "Sableye sucks use another Pokemon" or "Impossible", as it is definitely not!

I battled someone online before with a UU team against my OU team, using a Sableye with a Persian and another Pokemon (can't remember). He beat me before I saw any other Pokemon than those, and his Sableye crippled 2-3 of my teammates! Problem is, he won't let anyone else know what set he used...

And before you say it was hacked, this was on Pokemon Online. I don't know what he did, but it worked. If anyone can help me come up with any viable set for a Sableye, it'd be a great help! Thank you all~

The sableye had the ability prankster, which allowed priority on willowisp and recover. The guy was probably using this set.

Sableye @leftovers
252 HP 252 DEF 4 SPD
Ability: Prankster
Bold nature
-willowisp
-recover
-filler move
-filler move

The problem is that prankster is unreleased...

@PungentFruit
Not if you actually read my post.

@HonchkrowPimp
Are you sure? I can't remember if it was, since I was playing 4th Gen at the time... Dang, I wish I remembered if I had the "Limit to same tier" option checked... Oh well, I'll think about that ^^" Thanks!

@Arcticblast
Really? I saw a similar post here asking the same thing (different Pokemon), so I thought it was. Where should it go?

Oh, sorry TM13IceBeam (nice name~), but I guess I should have specified first.

This is posted in the correct place, since I am looking for a 4th Generation answer. I'm a fan of Whimsicott, so I know how to utilize Prankster. The thing is, I don't want to use a Prankster Sableye since I will be battling in 4th Gen OU.

Sorry for the confusion~ ^^;;

Sableye really isn't a good choice, and there are few reasons to use him over, say, Spiritomb, or Gengar. You seem very determined to use Sableye though, so I'll just post his "best" set in OU.

Sableye @ Leftovers | Keen Eye
Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Seismic Toss / Recover

This Sableye can beat a suprising amount of physical attackers 1-on-1, thanks to maximum defensive investment and Will-O-Wisp, along with Recover. He also has no weaknesses as a plus. He can also effectively break stall, as Taunt + WoW along with Recover make him hard to take out, and he also blocks Rapid Spin.

hahaha you might have battled me. i use sabeleye (or i used to, before i dropped off from NU and went to NFE). my preferred set is this:
Sabeleye: Leftovers
Impish, 252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
Sucker Punch
Shadow Sneak
Confuse Ray
Will O' Wisp

This set is bread and butter against your Azelfs and Machamps (at least the standard lum sets, not sub-bulk ups), but gets destroyed by Gyarataunts, and must switch always against Heatran.

Awesome, thanks for all the info, guys! I know Sableye isn't the best Pokemon around, but if you battle me, I use obscure Pokemon that not a lot of people use ^^;; (Umbreon, Sableye, Froslass, etc.)

I'll test these all out and let you know!

@Bugdomking
Haha maybe. |D I battled a Sableye that just maimed half my team, and that might have been it IIRC~ I'll test it out too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)