SM OU Sephiroth (mega Absol) Peaked top 188

Heeeyyy, I have ben a Competitive pokemon battler for a few years now and have done some RMT's in the past. In the current meta there arent any teams that particulaire jump out because alot of people are using the same mons to not get 6-0. I managed to build a good team around M-Absol my favorite pokemon of all time. Absol is a very good and underrated threat in OU. In my opinion it performs really well in de current meta and I managed to peak 1887. I'm current at 1600-1700 because I'm trying some new teams. (when I'm back at 1900 I will add the prove). I'm posting this because I think it won't perform that well after the release of mega lopunny in a few days. There are a few pokemon that this team really struggle with, maybe you guys can help me out and give me your ideas.

anyway, lets get into the team building.

Quick few of the team:

718.gif
magnezone.gif
tapu_lele.gif
absol-mega.gif
mew.gif
upload_2017-6-26_23-34-47.png

I've mentioned earlier that mega absol is the star of this team, He is very undervalued, with good use he can be very dangerous.

absol-mega.gif
Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- protect
- Future Sight

Absol is almost always my lead, Its ability makes it immune to Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave and bounces back Stealth Rock. Lando-t is a common switch in because of intimedate and Most of the time you can catch them of guard with a strong ice beam and OHKO it. Absol It's really frail, so it can't even take resisted hits from strong attackers. Hoopa's hyper space fury and specs gengars shadowbal OHKO most of the time. Because there are so many fairy types in the tier that completly wals absol like tapu fini and magearna I have to come with something else. I wil now explain the set,
- Protect to avoid HJP from mega-medicham who like to stay in because they can't be knocked of, and kill it after with knock.
- Ice beam to OHKO lando and hit zygarde really hard.
-Future sight....... yes future sight, I have thought of this a while ago, Tapu lele is one of the biggest threats in the meta and I was sure I would put lele on the team. This means Psychic-terrain..... common switch ins are fini and magearna, after you took there item absol can't hurt them. but what if you use future sight on a swith in with terrain up? Yeah you do massive damage because absol have a good 115 base special attack. Sucker punch I found unnecessary because of the terrain and the pokemon that outspeed absol most of the time resist, like koko, gren, weavile....

tapu_lele.gif
Roxanne (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Great offensive duo with absol, it dubbel resist the fighting weaknes. On every team I build I use a scarfer+defogger+SR. Lele as one of the best scarfers in the game it was a easy choice. With the increased Speed provided by Choice Scarf as well as superb natural special offense, Tapu Lele can act as both a revenge killer and a cleaner.

Now I needed a check to poison and somthing that can hit steel types hard.

magnezone.gif
Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 108 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Speak for him self... traps Steel types like ferro, skarm and scizor. The team really struggles with them.
first it was spec but I was really koko weak and needed a solit switch in. The ev's let him 2hko ferro after lefties and OHKO skarm if sturdy is broken with tbolt. The rest is for bulk to take special hits.

718.gif
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Coil

Zygarde is my heatran counter and stallbreaker when you get a free sub its actually over with stall (wait until sableye mega evolve so it loses hes prankster ability and cant whisp you). Zygarde achieves perfect synergy with Toxic, scoring a super effective hit on almost anything immune to poison. 240 HP EVs grant Zygarde 101 HP substitutes, which turns Chansey into setup bait. 56 Speed EVs let Zygarde outspeed Adamant Bisharp and Breloom. This is fairly important, as it lets Zygarde avoid getting put to sleep by Spore or losing its Leftovers to Knock Off. The nature and remaining 212 EVs are used to increase Special Defense, making it extremely difficult to take down combined with Coil's Defense boosting. Leftovers is the only item of choice, as the healing that will accumulate as Zygarde uses Substitute, Coil, and Toxic over many turns to wear the opponent's team down far outdoes any other item's effectiveness.

mew.gif
Punch Bag (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Like any other team this team is very weak against mega-medicham. Mew's rise in OU comes from its good bulk paired with its decent typing, which allows it to check a number of common OU Pokemon. Due to its bulk, Mew is able to check and burn Mega Medicham, Tapu Lele, Mega Mawile, Zygarde, and Landorus-T. I use Earth power over psychic to catch heatran off guard who like to swith in. Also Mew is my only mon that can take on magearna 1vs1 earthpower helps with that. The HP and Defense EVs along with a Bold nature allow Mew to avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick and the OHKO from its Thunder Punch under Electric Terrain most of the time.

sorry about the big picture (smogon didn't let me use the smal one lol).

Torrent (Mantine) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- Defog

Mantine is a great special wall in OU and is capable of walling a significant portion of the metagame. Because of its typing, it's able to be one of the best answers to Volcarona in the tier while also being able to switch into threats such as Ash-Greninja and Mega Charizard Y. I've now checked almost every monster in the meta. The one mon that was sometimes hard to kill is Tapu bulu, This special set let Mantine survive 1 horn leech after SR and 1 wood hammer without rocks. Air slash over scald because it can OHKO bulu with Flynium-z after rocks and 1vs1 ammoongus better.

Threats:

The only mon I found hard to deal with is Magearna,

Also TR can be hard sometimes.

Are there any suggestions to improve my team? Let me know. cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)