Setting Down Rules for Platinum Updating

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope its soon, I'm getting sick of these stupid "x Discussion" threads that are completely half-assed and filled with people who are clearly just postwhoring. They are getting nothing done, and really only serve to stop people from asking us about Platinum updates (still nobody has been able to say why the updates were stopped in the first place).

To illustrate what I'm saying, can someone tell me what the point of this thread is: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47131

The OP is terrible and even admits that there really wasn't anything useful added to Garchomp's movepool....so what is there to discuss? Why the fuck would you even respond to a thread where discussion is literally impossible?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
My goodness stop trying to reserve stuff dammit. Reservations made right now will not count. I'll give the ruleset some more reception and start this tonight.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why shouldn't we reserve stuff?

Your "ruleset" won't make anything run smoother.

I find it nonsensical that you are arbitrarily limiting our ability to reserve when badgeholders are certainly capable of reserving with prudence.

i can't say i like all the none badgeholder *reserved* threads. honestly i think a reservation thread in the forum itself would work alot better. people can check if something is being doing in one thread instead of a whole forum. it just seems like it's going to get messy with the current format even after the 1st couple of hours... maybe im paranoid though.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
<aldaron> how does opening analyses to everyone but reserving only for badgeholders sound?
<kd24> i like that idea actually
<aldaron> i dont want randoms reserving but if they have already written it up they can post it?
<chaos> sounds fine

Whoever can, can you please make that announcement in the forum?

I'll make a sticky too, if that's alright.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i can't say i like all the none badgeholder *reserved* threads. honestly i think a reservation thread in the forum itself would work alot better. people can check if something is being doing in one thread instead of a whole forum. it just seems like it's going to get messy with the current format even after the 1st couple of hours... maybe im paranoid though.
Yeh, that's why I wanted to see some form of list implemented as it could serve for this purrpose too.

However, I like Aldaron's idea as IMO it's already getting a little bit out of hand there, and it can only get worse. (Expected this to happen though, which is why I stayed up late to reserve the ones I'd started lol).

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Don't worry about my reservations being empty. They're all being worked on at the moment. I'm hoping to get at least Rotom-W and Honchkrow done by tonight and Rotom-F by tommorrow. DX-S I've reserved but holding on as far as updating. Should I just add the OU considerations (Trick and some counters) or should I wait until we know if DX-S is Uber or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)