ORAS PU Short Skirt, Long Jacket (1k)

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Short Skirt, Long Jacket

Introduction

**Hello, this is my 1k! I'm still kind a bad meme but that's OK, I like memes. It's been a wild ride and you guys are great friends.**

**I've actually been dreading this post for a really long time because hitting 1k makes me feel as though I've been wasting my life on this site. I probably have been lol. I have decided that I am going to quit before I go to uni but this doesn't make me feel that much better. As a result, I'll embrace 1k and continue to contribute as I have been. I won't quit for a year or two more ;3**

**Anyway, here's one of my favorite ORAS PU teams, built around Belly Drum Salac Politoed. I made it before Quagsire even entered the metagame so it's kind of old but it's still really good and super fun to use.**

Teambuilding Process

**I decided I wanted to use BD Salac Politoed because there's something extremely satisfying about clicking Belly Drum and a scarcity of users of the move in PU (and it's a meme). To win with BD Toed, you need to get rid of Bulky Grass-types, which Special Gogoat lures with HP Ice. Gogoat also provides a Grass- and Electric-type check for Politoed and a decent EdgeQuake switch.**

**Politoed is pretty weak even at +6 so I added Metang to get up Stealth Rock and check MukTrapper, which is still extremely prevalent.**

**Rapidash helps additionally with stuff like Leafeon and Pawniard, as well as being able to lure in things that Politoed can bluff a special set and set up on, such as Golem.**

**I needed a hazard remover and I was also looking pretty weak to Monferno so Vibrava was perfect for this slot. It additionally added a much-needed Electric immunity.**

**The team needed Speed and a secondary Water-type check so Rotom-F fit the bill, especially now that I had a hazard remover. It could also clean with Thunderbolt once bulky grasses have been weakened / Grounds have been removed.**

**When I was updating this team, I realized how weak it was to Combusken, which had entered the metagame. In addition, Life Orb Monferno was always a problem for the team. As a result I decided to replace Rotom-F with Scarf Mr. Mime, even though it's a little boring, to be a revenge killer that could check these threats. Slowbroth helped me think of this so thanks!**

Analysis

@

Ability- Water Absorb
EVs- 12 HP | 252 Atk | 64 Def | 180 Spe
Nature- Jolly
Substitute | Belly Drum | Waterfall | Frustration

**smooth liquidation**
**This meme actually has potential in a metagame where Lumineon is an extremely popular Water-check, as Politoed can take advantage of it. It was better before this meta when Scarf Leafeon wasn't as popular but is still good. In theory, you Belly Drum from behind a Substitute, activate Salac Berry, and sweep. Waterfall + Return is decent coverage. The EVs are to maximize Politoed's power while outspending Zebstrika after Salac activates and having a decent chance to survive Adamant Monferno's Mach Punch at 25%. Just a really fun mon to use, has a lot of surprise factor, is a great breaker and honestly can clean sometimes too.**

@

Ability- Sap Sipper
EVs- 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk / 30 Def
Nature- Modest
Giga Drain | Hidden Power [Ice] | Surf | Milk Drink

**good dividends**
**Politoed needs bulky Grass-types removed in order to sweep. Special Gogoat can lure these Pokemon, namely Gourgeist-Super and Tangela, with Hidden Power Ice. Gogoat also functions as a wallbreaker, secondary Water-check, EdgeQuake switch and Grass-check. These EVs allow Gogoat to live Hydro + Ice Beam from special Floatzel. As for the moves, Giga Drain / HP Ice / Surf is perfect coverage and Milk Drink allows Gogoat to check Grass- and Water-types throughout the match. Another really fun, underrated set that works well on the team.**

@

Ability- Clear Body
EVs- 208 HP | 232 Atk | 68 Spe
Nature- Adamant
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Meteor Mash | Bullet Punch

**mind like a diamond**
**Politoed is weak even at +6 so it really needs Stealth Rock in order to function. Metang provides them for the breakers on the team. Metang is also my Normal resist, Bird resist and check to MukTrapper, which is extremely prominent in this metagame. This team was also the origin of the best Metang EV spread™ which allows you to 2HKO Calm Mind Clef with Mash and outspeed most Probopass variants while retaining bulk. Earthquake is a necessity on Metang these days to hit Muk and Probopass, and Bullet Punch is being used because I lacked any other form of priority, but Magnet Rise could be used over Bullet Punch to further alleviate the MukTrapper matchup.**

@

Ability- Flash Fire
EVs- 252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature- Jolly
Flare Blitz | Wild Charge | Morning Sun | Will-O-Wisp

**eyes that burn like cigarettes**
**The team was looking like it had issues with stuff like Pawniard, Cacturne, and SD Natural Gift/Aerial Ace Leafeon, so I added Rapidash to complete the FWG core and be an additional breaker. It can pressure many Politoed checks heavily with Flare Blitz or Wild Charge and it also baits in Golem for Politoed to set up on. Finally, it has a good matchup vs. many common Choice Scarf users that can RK Politoed like Leafeon and Rotom-F.**

@

Ability- Levitate
EVs- 248 HP | 252 Def | 8 SpD
Nature- Impish
Roost | Defog | U-turn | Earthquake

**fast, and thorough, and sharp as a tack**
**Having Rapidash and a setup sweeper that can be picked off by certain priority meant that having a hazard remover was a must. Vibrava is also my Electric immunity, which can be a problem in certain matchups (i.e. NP Raichu) and my Monferno check. It can support Politoed by using U-turn to get it in safely, allowing it to set up. While this Pokemon has declined in popularity as of recently, it is still really good role compression.**

@

Ability- Soundproof
EVs- 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Timid
Psychic | Dazzling Gleam | Focus Blast | Healing Wish

**uninterrupted prosperity**
**I originally had Choice Scarf Rotom-F in this slot, but the introduction of Combusken into the metagame made me change it to Mr. Mime. I was lacking Speed and Mr. Mime, while boring, is perfect for this slot. Mr. Mime also can give allow Politoed to check Water-types a few times and then allow it to sweep lategame with Healing Wish. The moveset is fairly standard and requires no explaining.**

Threatlist

**There's a few things that give this team issues. Scarf Dodrio
upload_2017-2-9_20-27-39.png
can be a real issue because my team's Bird resist is weak to Knock. That is the biggest threat to the team by far. Certain Electric-types, particularly Rotom-F
upload_2017-2-9_20-30-6.png
and NP Raichu
upload_2017-2-9_20-30-25.png
can be an issue because my Electric immune is Vibrava. Finally, a few Water-types like Floatzel
upload_2017-2-9_20-33-37.png
and Lapras
upload_2017-2-9_20-33-48.png
can be annoying because they have powerful Ice-type coverage that nails Gogoat and so it is difficult to sweep with Politoed because you need it to check Float. Most of these can be played around.**

Replay

**I mean some of these are ok.**

**http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-531130160 - Shows off the team's general synergy and special Gogoat's power.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-531133193 - He has a prinplup and Politoed absolutely adores those, even though he misplays this showcases Politoed's surprise factor and ability to break vs. balance.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-532477501 - Megazard used the team in a PU roomtour and this game showed off the team pretty well, with Politoed setting up on Vibrava at the end to win.**

Conclusion

**Yeah so 1k makes me feel super self-conscious but I look forward to continuing to contribute here! I hope you enjoy this team, as it is really fun to play with and very effective, even though ORAS PU is dead. Love you guys! :)**

Shoutouts

**Alright so for those of you who have seen this post you know I'm big on shoutouts. That thread is super cringy and you can like my post but don't post there lmao. There is a full list of shoutouts there. However, I will be doing more general categories for these ones because I don't want to write that entire post again.**

**Battle Dome Friends - You guys helped me find myself. I can't thank you enough for all that you've done. Keep up the good work and let's make this game even better. Special thank you to mentors Asthmere Sivolisk and Former Hope, as well as the people I've been friends with for the longest, Vulcaron, MagicKarpz, Microwavable and Lucy.**
**Mafia Friends - Mafia is just a really fun game and I look forward to contributing here more too! Shoutout to you all but especially ajhockeystar for being super friendly and Hannahh (come back D:).**
**Battling Friends (NU / PU) - It feels like I just started battling but I've really come a long way thanks to you guys. Special shoutouts to my tutors Megazard and nv, as well as some of my better friends: Jungle Fox, Akir, ShuckleDeath, yogibears, Slowbroth, and ManOfMany.**
**Other Game Room Friends (Survivor, Game Corner, Scavengers)- Spend a lot of time in these rooms too and you guys are awesome too :) special shoutout to good friends PenQuin, Dylas, OM Room, sanjay, castaways and Alexender (you two come back :I).**
**Forum Friends / Other Friends - Yeah just shoutout everyone else lol thanks**

Thank you all!

Politoed @ Salac Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Happiness: 0
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Frustration

Gogoat @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Surf
- Milk Drink

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP / 232 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch / Magnet Rise

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Last edited:
Hey bro

Cool as fuck team, Belly Drum Politoed was something i experimented with in the past, and considering its speed tier after a salac boost and general bulk, it is no wonder that it is so threatening. A couple of things to point out, you are quite weak to dark types like pawniard especially, and the likes of scarf rotom-f so my rate hopefully tackles that area. I'm going to suggest SD Eviolite Monferno > Rapidash because of the nature of the team. Your team really, really needs the pawniard check, with it threatening to OHKO everything at +2, you need to have a more solid check than playing the 5050s. I also suggest Monferno because it can really make good use of that breaking power/utility provided by bd politoed, and therefore giving you another pokemon that can find places to swords dance with ease and as a result clean the game when the opposition team is weakened.

Something else i want to suggest is possibly going for SubToxic Specially Defensive Gogoat > Your Current set. I'm not too sure on this one, but it seems to fix a couple of your weakness' e.g. vs NP Raichu, you can easily win 1v1 assuming Raichu got a free Nasty Plot with Horn Leech. The Toxic mechanic allows you to essentially win 1v1 vs the likes of Tangela and Gourgeist-Super, outlasting them and putting them on a timer for when its time for Politoed to come in and break stuff up. It also kind of gives you a psuedo switch for Rotom-F (not Leftovers / unchoiced variants uf), should he click the blizzard, it gives you a free settup with Politoed to break stuff so in that sense it makes good sense, you can trade a pokemon and therefore helping your offensive wincon.

Best of luck dude n_n
~HJAD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)