*shrug* its an ubers warstory.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone and welcome to my First Warstory. I figured that I may as well give it a shot after enjoying other warstorys such as one's done by Legacy Raider and Blue Tornado. This was an Ubers battle that I had with a very tough opponient. I did not have time to get his name and so therefore be refered to, as Bob. I substituted my own name over my log to make it easier to understand.

Team at a Glance

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Nicknames will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.

Bob's moves will look like this.
ginganinja's moves will look like this.
My comments will be in Blue

Bob sent out Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
ginganinja sent out Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!

: 100%

Hmm a Kyogre lead. I have used this team many times so I have a game plan vs many leads. Kyogre however, is very difficult to handle since its hard to find out what set its running. For example it could be the standard anti lead Kyogre, boosting sweeper or even specs! I am however, inclined to believe that its a lead set in which can Darkrai needs to switch out as Dark Void will activate the Lum Berry and thunderwave will paralysis Darkrai, rendering it useles. With this in mind I make a daring switch...

ginganinja switched in Groudon (lvl 100 Groudon).
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Kyogre used Surf.
It's super effective!
Groudon lost 49% of its health.
The sun continues to shine.
Groudon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Groudon restored 6% of its health.

: 57%

Shit that's not good. I went to Groudon to absorb a possiable Thunder Wave and set smacked with a surf instead. My Groudon is running the supporter set so I could take the oppotunity to set up Rocks as I can survive a second surf. However this would leave Groudon crippled so instead I decide to go to my 100% Kyogre counter.
---

Bob switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
ginganinja switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).

Well it turns out setting up rocks would have been the best idea after all. However I am not complaining. I have the momentum. I really hate Palkia though as again, finding its set is difficult. Scarf Palkia can also cause my team real problems and I just want the damn thing gone anyway. Its still early game so I don't really have anything to lose by playing conservatively, if he switch's then I can scout another member of his team.
---
Bob switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The sun faded.
A sandstorm brewed!
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Tyranitar lost 25% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Latias is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Latias lost 6% of its health.
Tyranitar's leftovers restored its health a little!
Tyranitar restored 6% of its health.

: 81%
: 94%

And Bob brings in a T-tar. I see the leftovers and realise that its not banded or scarfed. Which makes it....... pretty much anything really. I am worried about pursuit though so I stay in and fire off a Grass Knot. Whatever set its running it certainly will not like this and scizor can always revenge later.
---
Latias used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Tyranitar lost 81% of its health.
Bob's Tyranitar fainted.
(5-6) <---- Me
The sandstorm rages.
Latias is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Latias lost 6% of its health.

: 0% and taking a dirt nap
: 88% and looking pretty

And hax strikes and I spare a thought for Bob. Authough I had no way of knowing the EV's he was running on T-tar I suspect that the crit mattered. I take the oppotunity to reflect on what Bob has left. a Palkia, Kyogre, and three unknowns. Since Latias can handle these remaining pokemon I can possiably get to see another member of Bobs team. I hope he does not send out Mewtwo, that could really break down my team at the moment.
---
Bob switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).

Uh-oh, he has a Scizor. Checkmate time. Scizor can use Bullet Punch or Pursuit. I really fear them so decide that I could roost up and get infomation as to what he is planning.

Latias used Roost.
Latias restored 12% of its health.
Scizor used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 100% of its health.
ginganinja's Latias fainted.
(5-5)
: 100% and otta here
: 0% and not looking pretty

And scizor slams into Latias with a cruel blow leaving me slightly annoyed. It had completely slipped my mind that Scizor would U-turn and I realise that I had not thought that move through. In hindsight, U-turn was obvious as I had stayed in on Tyranitar before for fear of Pursuit. Having stayed in before it was highly probable that I would do so again. I should have instead gone to my own Scizor to take a Bullet Punch or U-trun ansd then U-turn back out to regain momentum. This mistake has cost me a great deal since now my main Palkia and Kyogre check is gone and they are free to rampage through my team.

The sandstorm rages.
Palkia is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Palkia lost 6% of its health.

: 94% and laughing at Latias's demise.

Bob makes a good choice here. Palkia can handle most of my team. At this point I am struggling to think of a way to handle this threat. I know its not leftovers (lol) so it could still be Scarfed or have a Lustrous Orb. I take a look at my team and realise that if it is scarfed then nothing on my team can outspeed it. I decide to send in Dialga since it can surive most attacks Palkia can send its way and OHKO with Draco Meteor. (Please don't switch)
---
ginganinja switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Bob switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).

fuck...

Dialga used Draco Meteor.
Wobbuffet lost 59% of its health.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
The sandstorm rages.
Wobbuffet is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Wobbuffet lost 6% of its health.
Wobbuffet's leftovers restored its health a little!
Wobbuffet restored 6% of its health.

: 41%
: 100% and angry

What is it with this guy, let the damn palkia die!
Wobbuffet comes in and takes a huge hit. Bob has miscalculated or perhaps he does not want scizor to take a Draco Meteor. Wobbuffet is bulky enough to take one more hit and can quite possiably kill Dialga or at the very least cripple it. I need Dialga alive if at all possiable so its time to try out my new toy...

---
Dialga used Outrage.
Dialga went on a rampage!
Wobbuffet lost 38% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat.
But it failed!
The sandstorm rages.
Wobbuffet is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Wobbuffet lost 3% of its health.
Bob's Wobbuffet fainted.
(4-5)

: 0% and now a revolutionary doorstop
:
100% + locked into Outrage

That worked into perfection. Bob had no choice but to make the conservative move and pays the price. One of Rayquaza's biggest threats is down which means that I can destroy his team if I can get a SD boost. However in the process my Dialga is going to die which means that I have lost my last check to Palkia.
---
Dialga used Outrage.
It's not very effective...
Scizor lost 30% of its health.
Scizor used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Dialga lost 100% of its health.
ginganinja's Dialga fainted.
(4-4)
Scizor's attack was lowered.
Scizor's defence was lowered.
The sandstorm rages.

: 70% and pumped up.
: 0% and crushed.

Dialga falls to a fellow steel type and the score evens up. Right its time for a quick recap. Bob has a full health Kyogre, a full health Scizor, an almost full health Palkia and one unknown pokemon left. I realsie that Tyranitar was very likely his Stealth Rocker which means that Rayquaza has more freedom and is less threatened by scizor. I have a full health Darkrai, a half empty Groudon (no he is not half full) and two pokemon that he is unsure of. I could send in Groudon here and set up Rocks (better late than never) but Kyogre or Palkia will just come in and surf away and I have no reliable switch in to their STAB Surfs. Darkrai could sleep a poke and I could try for a Nasty Plot sweep but with a (potential) scarf palkia in the wings and a CB scizor able to revenge me its unlikely to break through. Therefore its Rayquaza's time to shine, Superpower will do nothing and I can SD on the switch and KO his team. Hmm I may hae a chance after all...
---
ginganinja switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).
Bob switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
The sandstorm stopped.
Rain began to fall!
Rayquaza used Swords Dance.
Rayquaza's attack was sharply raised.
The rain continues to fall.

:
100% and fucked.
: 100% and ready to start breaking things

YES that worked out perfectly. Kyogre has no chance and Palkia will fall to Extreme speed. His best hope is to sac both Palkia and Scizor and hope that my health is low enough for Scizor to take out with a Bullet Punch.
---
Rayquaza used Dragon Claw.
Kyogre lost 100% of its health.
Bob's Kyogre fainted.
(3-4)
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.

:
0% and sleeping with the fishies
: 90% and laughing like a pyromaniac in a fireworks factory

Rayquaza kills the 'King' of Ubers with ease I am am left to see wat is next...
---
Bob switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).

:100% and looking dead set evil.

Crap!
I am in so much trouble right now. Garchomp is likely scarfed authough it could be faking a band I cannot risk it since it will win the game for Bob with ease. I force myself to think. Garchomp is at full health can can severly damage darkrai, scizor and Groudon. What Garchomp does not destry scizor and palkia will finish off. I need to kill it but I am not sure Extremespeed will KO. Scizor could take an outrage but then Rayquaza wll m unable to set up and Palkia will have to be played around. In hind sight scizor would have been the best option but we all had 20/20 hindsight right?
Rayquaza, time to go hyperdrive!

Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Garchomp lost 90% of its health.
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.
Garchomp used Outrage.
Garchomp went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 80% of its health.
ginganinja's Rayquaza fainted.
(3-3)

: 10% and outraged that somebody dared touch him
: 0%, Hammered

Garchomp survives with 10% left and KO's Rayquaza with Outrage. My options are few and my faithful friend scizor is sent in to destroy this shark... dragon.. thing.
---
ginganinja switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Garchomp lost 10% of its health.
Bob's Garchomp fainted.
(2-3)

: 0%, is joining the girl guides and singing soprano
: 100% and wondering what's for lunch

Scizor does its job and Garchomp falls. However I know that Palkia is coming in and I can do nothing to stop it.

---

: 94% and singing in the rain

Palkia comes in and I believe that it is unlikely to be scarfed as I believe Garchomp was scarfed. This means that it cannot outspeed Darkrai. I have a plan of sorts, Get Darkrai in, sleep Palkia and then weaken bobs scizor with my own. Darkrai still has its sash so it can survive a scizors U-tunr, Superpower and Bullet Punch. Hopefully, with Scizor out of the way my Darkrai and Scizor can pull of a win. First however, I need a free swich in.

ginganinja switched in Groudon (lvl 100 Groudon).
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Palkia used Surf.
It's super effective!
Groudon lost 45% of its health.
Groudon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Groudon restored 6% of its health.
: 94% and now dancing in the sunlight
: 18% and crapping itself

Groudon survives a surf but the outcome is still the same, goodbye my rocky friend
---
Palkia used Surf.
It's super effective!
Groudon lost 19% of its health.
ginganinja's Groudon fainted.
(2-2)
: 94% and walking on sunshine
:0% and burning in hell

Sacrifice complete. Groudon is down and out but now Darkrai can enter the field and wrest back control over this match
---
ginganinja switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Palkia fell asleep!
Palkia's Lum Berry cured its Sleep!
Palkia used Spacial Rend.
Darkrai lost 83% of its health.
: 94% and not sleepy
: 17% and pissed off

NO, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! Palkia had a Lum berry and Darkrai is almost destroyed by the Spacial Rend. My plan is ruined and Darkrai will be either KO'ed my Scizor or my Palkia. I have to try and find a way out of this. Well I have a few choices. I outspeed so I can try and fire off another Dark Void but this would mean that if I missed, Bob wins 2-0. even if I hit Palkia with Dark Void scizor can revenge me and I would need to hit the scizor on the switch in with Focus Blast, and Focus Blast is not known for its accuricy lol. I think long and hard and decide to go to scizor to scout what he does with Palkia, then U-turn back to Darkrai. I just don't want to trust in the 80% chance to hit. Scizor, you are up!

---
:70%
:100% <--- the cool one

Damn him. If I had fired off a Dark Void right then and I had hit that that was game. its now down to a speed tie, I need to lose the speed tie or I am out.

---
Scizor used U-turn.
Scizor lost 27% of its health.
Bobs switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Scizor used U-turn.
Palkia lost 53% of its health.
ginganinja switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
: 41% and not amused
: 17% and ready for action

Yes I win it...or rather, lose it......whatever, its too confusing but it is what I wanted. I am firing off a Dark Void now as Palkia has taken enough damage so that scizor can KO the damn thing with U-turn.
Again mind games start to come into play here. I want to switch to scizor here on a dragon move. This will let me U-turn out to Darkrai which will either mean that Palkia dies or that his scizor kils Darkri with Bullet Punch, meaning that I can win with Scizor's U-turn. However if Palkia used Surf I am in serious trouble. I decide to stay in and sleep something this time and hope that scizor comes in again.
---
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Palkia fell asleep!
Palkia is fast asleep!
Palkia lost 12% of its health.

: 29% and not amused
: 17% and ready for action

Damn, this time Palkia takes the sleep and I have a crippled Darkrai redy to be revenged by scizor. I fire off a dark Pulse to get some damage on what ever he switchs in as I don't have the guts for a Focus Blast.

---
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
Scizor lost 19% of its health.
: 51% and swarming with rage
: 17% and wanting to explore other options in life.

Yep Sizor comes in. I have a plan. Sac Dakrai and kll Palkia and Scizor with U-turn. Yep its genius as its too risky to go straight to scizor in case he chances a Superpower.
---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Darkrai lost 17% of its health.
ginganinja's Darkrai fainted.
(2-1)
: 81% and smiling
: 0% and not smiling.

Scizor does its vengeful work and my own steel bug comes in ready to confuse Bob with its crazy U-turning driving skills.
---
Scizor used U-turn.
Palkia lost 28% of its health.
Bob's Palkia fainted.
(1-1)
: 0% Snoozing
: 73% and keen for his drivers license

Bob sacs Palkia so this battle, this last turn will decide the match, who will win the speed tie?
---

Scizor used Superpower.
Scizor lost 60% of its health.
Scizor's attack was lowered.
Scizor's defence was lowered.
Scizor used U-turn.
Scizor lost 39% of its health.
: 12% and keen for another round
: 13% and crusing for a bruising

Bob does! Scizor fights hard and survives with 13% left. One last speed tie.... (I know that you are bored of the by now)
---

Scizor used U-turn.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Bob's Scizor fainted.
(0-1)
ginganinja wins!
:
0% and Dead (what?)
: 13% and walking on air

Well that was a very close battle we had. With multiable speed ties during it you could fairly say that anywone could have came out victorious, however, with my cunning skills I have devised a new Win condition.

Prediction Tally

Ginganinja: 4

Bob: 5

which means that...

Analyzing battle data for prediction factors...
ginganinja: ???????
Analyzing battle data for prediction factors... Bob wins!
ginganinja: I have 1-0ed him
ginganinja: WHAT THE FUCK
Yes Bob wins.... or whoever you voted for

Conclusion:
This battle was a close one and, as already stated, it could have easily gone either way. What I think is important to to take away from this is that is important to play smart with your team. For example Bob (where intentionally or not) kept Palkia back as he knew that I had litte answer to it. He also played aggressively witth Palkia which prevented me from bringing in Groudon. If Groudon had got rocks up the Rayquaza would have swept him, however they did not get set up because I felt under pressure (no pun I assure you) from Palkia.

Bluffing was also very important. Authough Bob did not truely bluff another item (say a scarf) the fact that he kept it hidden from me for so long meant that I was forced to play to a different style of play in order to keep Palkia in check. Had I known that it was lum I would have brought in scizor earlier to force switchs until it was weak enough to be handled with a Extreme Speed.

Anyway I will cut the crap here and move on to Props and Slops!

PROPS

-Bob for having this battle with me, great opponient. Have a DB man, you earned it (props for anyone geting the reference)
-Speed ties, gotta love them
-Rayquaza from ripping apart Kyogre and threatening a sweep.
-Bob's scizor for revenging half my team.
-Bob's Palkia for faking a scarf and putting me under pressure.
-Bob for using a Lum Berry on Palkia

SLOPS

-Me for failing against scizor and having half my team destryed by it
-Groudon and Latias for being a punching bag
-Kyogre and Wobuffet for being punching bags.
-Me for not having the guts to spam a 70% accurate move, what is wrong with me???
-Hax

Ginganinja's MVP

Rayquaza may have failed to sweep but it tore a huge hole in Bobs team and took out Kyogre and crippled Garchomp.

Bob's MVP (in my opinion)

He ended up doing more damage to me than Palkia did. His impact on the game shows during the endgame, especially when I felt threatened enough by him to try and target him with a Dark Void rather than Palkia.

Well that is the warstory, hopefully I did not embarrass myself too much in it!

I would also like to take the oppotunity to thank smogon for having an uber ladder and encourage more people to try out Ubers. Its a great ladder and more people should give it a go. I am sure that any questians that you have, or complaints or diffuculties you have with it can be answered and/or explored by us or the moderators.

Lastly, Bobs Team in all its glory!

Have a Nice Day!

nice battle. and people really need to realise that ubers is an epic metagame. it keeps people on their toes to the very end. keep up on the uber laddering. :)

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I liked this warstory, even though there wasn't much in the way of surprises/predictions besides the epic Lum Palkia. The comments were good and the battle was also good, and the anti-hax formula reference at the end was golden. 8/10.

Your opponent had a weird team, conflicting weathers. Teams are usually based off 1 weather, not two. As for the warstory itself, 7/10, average.

well since bob is one of my alts, i think i have to write :p. this battle is fairly old iirc. my biggest mistake now that i see it again is letting rayquaza get that swords dance. i really thought it would just attack, so i didnt want to switch directly to chomp since he is the star of the team (haban SD chomp). Ctit on T-Tar mattered a bit since it had a lot of hp and special defence evs to take on mew2 and lati@s (wich are problems to chomp :P). i run a pretty unusual set also (t-wave stealth rock stone edge crunch). i cant say more right now because i dont have the time. it was a great battle though and good job winning! (speed ties ftw)

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes I ran calcs and I did think it mattered with the crit on T-tar as well since I imagined that you would run max HP to take hits better (or some other defensive spread when I saw leftovers). What was Kyogres item as I ran from it as I though it had Lum.

and btw if you want to put your own comments in here I can add them in if you wish.

The kyogre was the standard thunder-wave-lum berry set.
As for the comments, I dont have anything new to say. Most of your comments cover already my thoughts. Plus the warstory is a very good read as it is and adding more comments (especially from me :p) would somewhat ruin it. Gj again for the warstory (and for the battle)

ginganinja

@BreakingWalls
Good question. Since I was a bit of a wuss i did not want to post some of my battls because I thought they would get rejected or whatever. However good battles that I have I save logs off and write my own comments then. I don't post them though. I was finally convinced to post a warstory in the discussion on how to get more Uber Warstories. I decided to "stuff it and man up and post a warstory" so yeah. The warstory itself did not take too long as I had the baseline for the comments already written down and it was just a matter of finding pics and inputting percentages. Yes it took me a little while but I had free time and my exams start in 1-2 weeks so yeah.

Have a Nice Day!

EDIT thanks as well for the great battle Dark Ace

@Ginganinja

Oh thanks for the information.

I was just asking because it's the first Time I've ever seen someone explain a battle like this, it's fairly interesting ( even though A mistake can bring up what? four, five resentful critics? xD ). It did get my attention because you did a good job at showing..that you wanted attention, lol.

'Oi

Great Warstory and the problem with speed ties is you know whats going to happen.

(people always post games they win.) XD

What was your Dialga set? I didn't see any LO recoil on what looked like the mixed wallbreaker. But I guess it's an interesting way to lure in and kill Wobbuffet, so kudos on that.

Other than that, decent warstory with a fair bit of prediction on both sides, so I had a good time reading it.

ginganinja

@Mtr, Its running Expert Belt to fake a Choice Item. Its been very usefull in the past as some Blissey come in on Draco Meteor and I can catch them with an Outrage or a Brick Break

Dialga @ Expert Belt
Pressure
Mild
116 Atk/252 SpA/140 Spe
-Brick Break
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder
-Outrage

great warstory, the poke comments at the end of each turn were quite entertaining, especially in the second half. mind games are nice to read

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)