Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers: OM Edition

I have a feeling Gen 8 BH may be treated more like Let's Go BH than you might think. I don't think we ever adopted a meta where Eevee-Starter, Pikachu-Starter, or Melmetal--or their special moves such as Buzzy Buzz--can be selected alongside, say, Gen 5 mons. This means that a Blended Gen 8 BH may never be created, just like I don't think we can play Blended Gen 7 BH right now.

The situation is a little different here though. LGPE is a spin-off title in the middle of a generation with a full-roster game and isn't the basis for the standard competitive formats. (Does it even have an official VGC?) SwSh is a mainline entry for the generation and that would be what all of the competitive formats would be based off of, at least until the next mainline entry.

BH has always been about what's hackable without modifying the data and able to be used to play against another player. It, theoretically, is always playable on-cart. If mons and stuff are outright missing from SwSh and therefore can't be hacked in without modying the game's data, then a blended BH wouldn't follow that philosophy.

Although a blended USUM + LGPE BH might be fun for a month or something on one of the rotating ladders or a tournament or something before Gen VIII hits.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Is it a possibility that you could pin the main metagames threads (bh, mnm, aaa, camomons, partners in crime) so they are easy to find. I know there is the index, but still think this would be helpful in finding them more easily! :blobthumbsup:

Is it a possibility that you could pin the main metagames threads (bh, mnm, aaa, camomons, partners in crime) so they are easy to find. I know there is the index, but still think this would be helpful in finding them more easily! :blobthumbsup:
No. Stickies are for the most important threads such as information and announcements. Sticking a dozen threads leads to a cluttered, and frankly ugly, forum.

Even if I wanted to, there is a site-wide policy enforcing minimal stickies.

Will there be a Gen VIII OM Speculation topic similar to how we had one for Gen VII and, if memory serves right, Gen VI?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)