Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the reply and your advice! I did just check out that compendium and it is really nice. I was going to start with a sample team but it seemed like everything was either HO or super bulky and I usually like playing with something in between (idk though maybe those are just the playstyles that excel in ubers). Plus I enjoy teambuilding in general.

This actually brings me to one more question though. I saw in the compendium that ferro isn't listed as a xerneas check. can you explain why? I'd assume after a geomancy gyro ball would do a shit ton.
Well it does check z-geomancy xerneas since that set doesn't carry coverage moves, but gets OHKOed by +2 Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire. Even then, Xerneas isn't able to setup freely on Ferrothorn since Gyro Ball does a lot.

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
what are the most consistant mons in terms of breaking stall teams?
trapper like perish song + whirlpool and gengar-mega are good against stall.
stall teams also have a hard time switchin' into stuff like SD Ghostceus or Yveltal.
toxic + SR groudon is super good aswell.
SR + toxic fairyceus beats every hazard remover (bar tentacruel) so it can be a huge pain in the ass

I was wondering if there was any spreads/sets for bulky xerneas without Z-Geomancy. From what it shows on smogon the other sets are a lot more offensive like scarf and modest 3 atk geomancy. is there any way to run ingrain defensive sets with like power herb over the zmove?

Is Mega Kangashkan worth using without Seismic Toss and Body Slam, or would another Mega be better suited? I won't have time to get one in Gen III before a tournament this weekend.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
I was wondering if there was any spreads/sets for bulky xerneas without Z-Geomancy. From what it shows on smogon the other sets are a lot more offensive like scarf and modest 3 atk geomancy. is there any way to run ingrain defensive sets with like power herb over the zmove?
Im assuming you could just run 252 HP/252+ Def with Moonblast, Geomancy, Ingrain, and a coverage move/aromatherapy. However I wouldn't recommend using it since a defensive spread really only works on Z-Geo Xerneas.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Is Mega Kangashkan worth using without Seismic Toss and Body Slam, or would another Mega be better suited? I won't have time to get one in Gen III before a tournament this weekend.
Mega Kangaskhan is barely viable at all in the gen 7 ubers metagame already, and without Body Slam or Seismic Toss it would be completely unusable.

Someone sent me a 6 iv shiny bold natured multi scale lugia on wonder trade which was ev trained in hp and special attack. While lugia is more of a defensive pokemon and runs defensive sets usually, is multiscale the better ability on lugia

For sandstorm team leader, is it better to use Specially defensive tyranitar, Careful 252hp/252spdef/6def. Or should I make it mixed like 252hp/128def/128spdef?

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
For sandstorm team leader, is it better to use Specially defensive tyranitar, Careful 252hp/252spdef/6def. Or should I make it mixed like 252hp/128def/128spdef?
There's really no reason to invest defense EVs on Tyranitar since it's only niche is switching and pursuit trapping ghost and dark types.

is/can magnezone be useful in this meta?
Magnezone's only niche is trapping and killing steel types (Ferrothorn and Celesteela are the only steel types in the tier than dont carry ground mobes so those are the main two). It fills that role very well but it ends up being dead weight against any team that doesn't have those mons. If you're having problems with Celesteela/Ferrothorn, you should probably just use Primal Groudon or Ho-Oh since they do the same job while also being able to do a lot of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)