SINNOH CLASSIC

this:The PGL finally decided to let me reset my password instead of redirecting me to the "sorry the servers are overloaded" page, and yet it's still saying my password is wrong. I'm actually doubting I'll be able to play at all unless they fix it by Thursday...
I hope they know that this is happening, and do something about it like postponing the event. I'd sad if I miss the Garchomp.

I put in a help request yesterday as well for this password authentication error... not sure what else to do. Been trying to log in throughout the day, but no luck :(

Just a shout out that I don't actually use Latias as a support Pokemon, I use it as a sweeper, as it has the same speed as Latios, and can survive a sucker punch from something I hated, probably hitmontop, it's the first Pokemon I'm bringing back from my gen V days and using in a competition. I also have enough experience with Cresselia to remember that attacking it with two Pokemon, while if possible KOing the team mate at the same time will eventually KO it with damage limitation. It's just a pain, a pain that although it does usually stall and paralyze three quarters of my team, does go down. I'm going to put Crunch on Garchomp too.

So PGL is saying that my password is wrong, is this a symptom of Pokemon GO annihilating the servers or is this something else?

I ended up changing my password too, hopefully that doesn't screw anything up when I try to log on again...
Yeah we're all just bricked from Go. Same issue, same result. Appearently I will not be mass-murdering with Arbok again.

edit: I REGISTERED you're all fucked. Arbok will be a coin toss.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I managed to log in and register for the tournament a couple hours ago, still have to get the digital ID though.

In, but how do I get my digital ID? and can I change my battle box after I get it?
Go to your PSS ingame, connected to internet. Hit Battle Spot -> Online Competition -> Download Digital Player ID. You don't have to lock your battle box, so yes you can change it all you want until the competition starts and you choose to lock it and battle.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In, but how do I get my digital ID? and can I change my battle box after I get it?
bump:
How To Sign Up For An Online Competition

Since Nintendo has made the PGL a labyrinth to navigate and everyone seems to get lost when trying to register, here's the official "cant say's guide to registering for Circle of Legends™!"

1. Log into the PGL

2. Click on the 'Online Competitions' button on the left of the screen

3. Click on the competition in the middle of the screen

4. Proceed to the signups. This will bring up a checkbox so you can say you've read the regulations (not pictured)

5. No you're officially signed up! Nice job

Now you have to hop on your Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire game on your 3DS and finish the registration.

6. Go to Battle Spot and then select 'Online Competition'

7. Now select to participate

8. The game will now download your digital ID to the game, this will take a few seconds. You are then asked if you want to register your battle box, this is where everyone messes up and ends up having to play with the wrong team. Simply chose 'quit'. This will allow you to come back and register your Battle Box when it is ready. You don't even have to do this before the competition starts! When you are ready to compete in your first battle, make sure your Battle Box has all the correct Pokemon, then you come back here and register your Battle Box!

That's all there is to it! Don't forget to join in with our discussion thread, or come hang out in the Battle Spot chatroom on Pokemon Showdown!

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you need help making a team for Sinnoh Classic, me, Psynergy , Nelson Tangela , and Demantoid worked on a huge article covering Sinnoh Classic! http://www.smogon.com/articles/sinnoh-classic

Apologies for being a bit late with it, since this was a huge metagame and it took a while for it to settle. Don't fret though: You can register for the tournament before it starts in about 10 hours, but you DON'T have to lock your team in the battle box right away, so you can take your time and use that article to help in your team building!

If you need help making a team for Sinnoh Classic, me, Psynergy , Nelson Tangela , and Demantoid worked on a huge article covering Sinnoh Classic! http://www.smogon.com/articles/sinnoh-classic

Apologies for being a bit late with it, since this was a huge metagame and it took a while for it to settle. Don't fret though: You can register for the tournament before it starts in about 10 hours, but you DON'T have to lock your team in the battle box right away, so you can take your time and use that article to help in your team building!
Thank you so much for this. It's exactly what I needed to finalize my team's items and moves before the competition starts.

My first day ended with a 12-3 (W-L) record. The last few matches were difficult so I'm guessing the second day will be interesting.
Cresselia might be the most common Pokemon among the competitive teams.

Any win against a Japanese player due to predictions with Quick Guard is worth it over protect. Shake my only loss in the first 5 was due to unlucky speed draws in the first turn...

Last edited:
Currently 6:3 or 7:3, had some tough Japanese players, including a Smeargle, first one I've encountered in any classic? Maybe second, I vaguely remember one in Johto that also shut me down. This one was more traditional though, part of a trick room I couldn't get out of.

Currently 4:1 (according to my 3DS which says I've done 5 battles and didn't record a disconnect from an opponent), or 5:1 (according to GL which... did) so not sure if I have 9 or 10 battles left today.

My Raichu is throwing up double paralysis from Discharge in almost every match, which is pretty sweet. I rely on love and friendship and double paralysis.

Not met any Smeargle or Cresselia yet. No Trick Rooms, Gravity, or Dark Voids. BUT did battle someone who was a major lover of Starter Pokés and brought Venusaur/Blastoise/Charizard/Typhlosion so that was pretty cool. That Charizard was FAST hoo boy.

I managed to go 12 - 3 before calling it a night in my first ever online competition. The 3 pairs of pokemon I ran into that caused me the most trouble were a Sableye/Gardevoir, then a Smeagle/Cresselia, and a Ludicolo/Zapdos

Is there a way to check the results/ leaderboards? I'm not expecting to make it anywhere near the top as I did it for my first crack at doubles and the Garchomp event pokemon.

I managed to go 12 - 3 before calling it a night in my first ever online competition. The 3 pairs of pokemon I ran into that caused me the most trouble were a Sableye/Gardevoir, then a Smeagle/Cresselia, and a Ludicolo/Zapdos

Is there a way to check the results/ leaderboards? I'm not expecting to make it anywhere near the top as I did it for my first crack at doubles and the Garchomp event pokemon.
I don't think so. I just checked Global Link. I'm currently 11-0. Lost track of how many people have Tricked or Taunted my Cresselia, only to learn that I'm offensive and they did nothing to disrupt me.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Managed to finish 15-0 at 1700+ in this format this morning. Definitely got lucky here and there, but have played some solid players along the way. Really loving all the team choices I've been seeing a lot of Cresselia Azumarill Weavile and Latios. Some of the cooler things i've seen: Blissey, Linoone, Starmie, Yanmega, Jolteon, Seaking, Hippowdon, Kecleon, Drapion, and Togetic.

Fun Fact: on the very first turn of my first game I got hit by Quick Claw Sheer Cold ;_;7

Last edited:
4-3 so far; I started late and had to quit late since I had to go to bed for work today. Tough battles for sure, but one person I fought had a strange team with a Lucario using Leftovers (???) and a Charizard that was slower than my Rotom-W. Gonna chalk that one up to not being properly EV trained but a win is a win. Looking forward to getting my ass handed to me over the weekend once work is over!

Jio That's awesome you finished undefeated! I was so thrilled I finished 13-2 this morning. I've been using an odd trick room team with Torkoal, Exploud, and Golem, which might have thrown off the Japanese players I faced :^)

Lots of standard teams with Cresselia/Zapdos/Garchomp/Scizor/Azumarill/Arcanine etc. Pretty much matched the metagame predicted. Surprised to only play against 1 rain team, but there's still 2 more days.

Reactions: Jio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)