Metagame Sketchmons

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Approved by The Immortal

Banner by Chloe

Rules:
Sketchmons is an OU-based metagame where all of your Pokémon can each learn one extra move of your choosing. This opens up many new possibilities. Pokémon that lack coverage or good STAB moves, now have the option to learn a move to aid with that. Pokémon that have very high defenses and a good typing, can now have access to recovery or cleric support, assuming they didn't already.

Banlist:
Clauses: OU Clauses, Sketch Clause
Bans: OU Banlist, Kartana, Porygon-Z, Ash-Greninja, [Belly Drum, Chatter, Extreme Speed, Geomancy, Lovely Kiss, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, Sticky Web, Z-moves, Quiver Dance, Moves that have the Z-move effect "Attack +1, Defense +1, Sp. Atk +1, Sp. Def +1, Speed +1"]*

*These moves are only banned on Pokémon that don't learn them originally.

Sketch Clause: No two Pokémon can sketch the same move.

Note: You may Sketch a move that another Pokémon has naturally learned it. For example; a team with Tail Glow Blacephalon and Tail Glow Manaphy is completely legal. A team with Tail Glow Blacephalon and Tail Glow Tapu Koko is not however. Clone moves do not apply to this rule as well. For example; Recover and Slack Off may be sketched on the same team.

Resources:
Sketchmons Resources Thread
List of Recommended moves:
1. Powerful Priority Moves: Sucker Punch, Water Shuriken, First Impression

2. Powerful Physical Moves: V-Create, Sacred Fire, Crabhammer, Precipice Blades, Earthquake, Close Combat, Head Smash, Diamond Storm, Dragon Ascent, Bolt Strike, Fusion Bolt, Shadow Force, Wood Hammer, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, Gunk Shot, Megahorn, Heavy Slam, Gyro Ball, Leech Life, Sunsteel Strike, Dragon Hammer, Thousand Arrows, Darkest Lariat

3. Powerful Special Moves: Boomburst, Eruption, Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Water Spout, Origin Pulse, Steam Eruption, Draco Meteor, Spacial Rend, Psycho Boost, Psystrike, Seed Flare, Focus blast, Aura Sphere, Secret Sword, Doom Desire, Hurricane, Power Gem, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Techno Blast, Night Daze, Shadow Ball, Judgment, Core Enforcer, Clanging Scales, Moongeist Beam

4. HP-Draining Moves: Oblivion Wing, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Draining Kiss, Leech Seed

5. Multi-hit Moves: Tail Slap, Gear Grind, Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Rock Blast, Dual Chop, Icicle Spear, Beat Up

6. Low Accuracy Moves that might be useful with No Guard: Zap Cannon, Dynamic Punch, Inferno, Focus Blast, Hurricane, Blizzard

7. Set-up Moves: Swords Dance, Tail Glow, Cosmic Power, Cotton Guard, Coil, Dragon Dance

8. Recovery and Healing Moves: Roost, Recover, Soft-Boiled, Slack Off, Milk Drink, Moonlight, Synthesis, Morning Sun, Heal Bell, Wish, Lunar Dance, Refresh, Shore Up

9. Status Inducing Moves: Sleep Powder, Nuzzle, Glare, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp

10. Switching Moves: Volt Switch, U-turn, Parting Shot, Baton Pass

11. Trapping Moves: Infestation, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Thousand Waves, Anchor Shot, Spirit Shackle, Mean Look

12. Hazards: Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes

13. Protect Variants: King's Shield, Spiky Shield

14. Phazing Moves: Dragon Tail, Roar, Whirlwind, Circle Throw

15. Set-up Counters: Topsy Turvy, Haze, Clear Smog, Heart Swap

16. Others (they have their own uses): Perish Song, Taunt, Trick, Psycho Shift, Transform, Metal Burst, Destiny Bond, Trick Room, Endeavor, Fake Out, Rapid Spin, Pursuit, Electrify, Skill Swap, Defog, Tailwind, Explosion, Psych Up

Note: Some moves were not listed because of better alternatives (e.g. Blue Flare / Fire Blast). Both moves were listed if there is a power vs accuracy comparison (e.g. Earthquake / Precipice Blades).
ORAS Sketchmons
Discord server

Ban History:
November 24, 2016 - Chatter and Z-moves were quickbanned due to in-game mechanics deeming them "unsketchable".
November 27, 2016 - Sketch Clause was added.
December 5, 2016 - Shell Smash and Geomancy were banned from sketching.
December 18, 2016 - Spore was banned.
December 20, 2016 - Lovely Kiss was banned.
January 13th, 2017 - Shift Gear and "+1 to all stats Z-moves" suspect test began.
January 27th, 2017 - Shift Gear and "+1 to all stats Z-moves" were banned.
March 8th, 2017 - Belly Drum was banned.
April 16th, 2017 - Dugtrio was banned
June 18th, 2017 - Sticky Web was banned
October 7th 2017 - Quiver Dance and Porygon-Z were banned
October 30th, 2017 - Ash-Greninja and Kartana were banned
September 15th, 2018 - Extreme Speed was banned

Tier Leader:
Official Fissure

Council Members:
- Megazard
- Funbot28
- Chopin Alkaninoff
- Jrdn

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs

Banner courtesy of blazenix
Introduction:
Hey everyone! Welcome to the Sketchmons Samples Page! Below are a number of teams that have proven to be succesful, and these should be a great resource for any of you out there who are interested in playing the meta, but need a team to get started. Feel free to pick and paste a team, and have fun playing Sketchmons!

Posting Your Own Teams:
Also, for any people who want their own team to feature in this sample teams section, all you have to do is post your team with a brief description in this Sketchmons thread, and it will be considered! There is a basic guideline on how to format your post displayed below below. Keep in mind that in order for your team to be considered as an addition to this page, you will need to have proven its "success". The easiest way to do this is by laddering successfully. Something like like top 25 on the ladder, with a GXE of 75+ is what I will be looking for.

Example Posting Format:
[Sprite] [Sprite] [Sprite] [Sprite] [Sprite] [Sprite]
Playstyle: (Hyper offense, Offense, Balance, Stall)
Description: A brief description of how your team works and why you chose certain sets. If you have more time you can go into greater depth and perhaps even add some damage calcs to justify evs.
Importable Version: Simply paste the importable text version of your team using this format: {hide=Importable} paste text here {/hide} And replace all the flower brackets (these things: {} ) with square brackets (these things: [] )
Laddering Proof: Upload a picture of your sketchmons rank when you do: /rank on PS. You can put this in a hide folder, using the same format as displayed in the Importable section.

Official USUM Sketchmons Sample Teams:
Coming soon!

Official SM Sketchmons Sample Teams:
Leru's (OMPL-Winning) Mega-Diancie HO
Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Water Shuriken

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 240 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Smack Down
- Shore Up
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
The team is built around Azumarill, which can be deadly at times due to its access to Belly Drum, Extreme Speed and Aqua Jet. After doing some calcs with Azumarill I came to the conclusion that pairing it with a suicide lead would be a great idea, as Stealth Rocks are necessary to chip some Pokemon to bring them in Azumarill range. Water Shuriken is to 2hko lead Aerodactyl most of the time. Then I decided to add a defensive Landorus-Therian to the team because it stops every Extreme Speed user that could be dangerous for Azumarill. I decided to go with Shore Up for recovery, Earthquake as srong STAB, Smack Down to be able to beat Skarmory and Celesteela, and U-Turn for momentum because keeping the momentum is important because Landorus-Therian might give the opponent an opportunity to Defog, which would be crucial as you can't get your rocks back after saccing your suicide lead. I decided to go with Smack down and Earthquake over Thousand Arrows because I wouldn't have recovery otherwise, but Thousand Arrows paired with Stone Edge for pinsir could work too. Then I decided to add Kartana to keep Tapu Lele in check, which also is a big threat to Azumarill because it blocks Extreme Speed and Aqua Jet thanks to Psychic Terrain. I decided to go with Mimikyu on the 5th slot because it always lives a hit thanks to Disguise and can stop setup-sweepers, Quiver Dancers and other special setup sweepers that could be dangerous for the team mainly, with Spectral Thief. Last but definitly not least, I decided to go with Quiver Dance Mega Diancie.(edited)It adds another check to Extreme Speed users like Mega Pinsir to the team, in case I need Mimikyu for something else (Quiver Dance Magearna or Celebi for example) and Landorus-Therian is low because I had to U-Turn on a pokemon like Tapu Lele because I can't hard switch Kartana into it as it would die otherwise. Thanks to its extremely good natural bulk before mega evolving, finding setup opportunities is not as hard as it is with other Quiver Dancers, such as Hoopa-Unbound and Tapu Lele. It also functions as dangerous setup sweeper and win condition on the team.

calcs:
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Mew: 367-432 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 282-333 (93.6 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 373-439 (108.7 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Slowbro: 356-419 (90.3 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Altaria-Mega: 389-458 (133.6 - 157.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 262-309 (99.2 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Suicune: 288-339 (71.2 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 423-498 (116.2 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Porygon-Z: 283-334 (90.9 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Porygon-Z: 377-444 (121.2 - 142.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 167-196 (64.4 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 484-570 (172.2 - 202.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 359-423 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 561-660 (79.8 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Sableye-Mega: 238-282 (78.5 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 348-410 (86.1 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 309-364 (92.2 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 305-359 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Megazard's (OMGS-winning) Trick Room Offense
Diancie @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Explosion

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Boomburst

Mawile @ Mawilite
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Brave Nature
- Shadow Bone
- V-create
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Primarina @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
This team is super straightforward but incredibly effective because offense is the only common playstyle until people start adapting to this. Also does fine vs stall too btw. Anyway, Diancie is your basic Trick Room + Stealth Rock lead sketching Rock Blast because it can OHKO Accelgor/Aerodactyl leads through sash. P2 is the second setter with access to Download Boomburst because duck can also hit stupidly hard. Then you've just got 4 really strong mons to take advantage of Trick Room. Mega Mawile is the only source of priority and great for revenge killing out of Trick Room, but also the main setup sweeper just in case that's needed (it almost never is). Marowak-A can also set up but really you just wanna spam V-Create because it does silly things like OHKO offensive Lando-T and Mega Aero after rocks. If they don't have Heatran, this is the #1 wallbreaker. Primarina is there as another TR setter with a bit more offensive pressure that threatens Grounds most of the team is Ground weak (although not enough to matter too much). Finally Rhyperior can tank one hit from pretty much anything that's not a special grass or water type and also has the most spammable wallbreaking move on the team in Banded Thousand Arrows (if they've got some V-Create immunity). There's nothing to using this, just set up TR and go to town with your strong wallbreakers.

Laxpras's Accelgor HO
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- V-create

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Blue Flare
- Calm Mind

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Encore
- Bug Buzz

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
Accelgor is a great lead with its insane speed and access to sash + Unburden + Encore essentially preventing any sort of set up on it. SR is Sketched and Spikes are there for more hazards, Bug Buzz is generally there just to break sashes. Zapdos is sort of the meme of the team, an unexpected set up sweeper. Very few consider that Zapdos has a mean 125 base SpA. I used its nice physical bulk in combination with Quiver Dance to create a devastating bulky sweeper. Landorus is a wall breaker, it smashes through pretty much everything with V-Create, besides Quag I guess. Slowbro is the only wall on the team, a mixed defensive RegenVest set with Volt Switch to pivot on as much as it can, I get this idea from AAA. Latios is another wallbreaker, with Blue Flare to hit things like Magearna and Celesteela. Finally, Mence is the late game sweeper with Scarf Moxie Dragon Ascent being able to sweep most teams on matchup. Just use the combination of V-Create, Blue Flare, and Mence's Fire Blast to beat Cele/Skarm/Mag so Mence can win later.

darksylvion's Scarf greninja HO
Nihilego @ Rockium Z
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot

Tapu Lele @ Mind Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Blue Flare

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Swellow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Boomburst
- Quick Attack
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Ice Beam
  • As I said I wanted to make a team around Nihilego since with Beast Boost and Tail Glow it has a superb sweeping potential imo. Initially aimed to be a balance with magnezone support(which failed miserably btw), I later changed the team to HO, a play-style I personally relish. At +3 and with z move it actually gets KOes on spdef celesteela and heatran which is remarkable. Also I opted for grass knot over hp something since I value hitting grounds a lot more than steels in general for this team since most steel mons have a secondary typing which hinders them or can be dealt easily by the rest of the team.
  • Coming to HO, I needed a good lead and swellow for some reason seemed fun, since it does get scrappy endeavor and boomburst, which means with proper prediction it can actually 1v1 most leads easily, and especially sableye on stall. Another option was kanga but that thing was bulky and slow hence being counterproductive.
  • Next up I felt like I needed another set-up sweeper which attracts same kind of mons as nihilego does, so in-came Quiver Dance Tapu koko, at +1 thunderbolt is actually crazy strong, and hidden power fire does what it needs to that is to lure and kill ferro, a major thorn(no pun intended) in nihilego's path, also dazzling weakens zygarde for nihilego putting it in range for +3 grass knot.
  • Since the team didn't have any physical attacker till now, I just ended up adding mega-aero to the mix and I assume it doesn't need any introduction if you have faced jrdn's mega aero team because this thing is fucking strong. It allows me to revenge stuff like mega pinsir, and even it has a set-up move in hone claws though it can be replaced easily with ice fang/aqua tail.
  • Till now priority kind of destroys this team, so obviously incomes lele. Lele is my premier stall breaker with psychic/fairy/fire coverage not resisted by anything except heatran. Mind Plate is the chosen item allowing me to bluff scarf as non scarf blue flare is generally not used, and in general it does lele things like nuking stuff etc.
  • Finally I needed a solid revenge killer so I just slapped a good old protean scarf ninja, which is actually able to out-speed problematic stuff like sand rush drill and stuff. Close Combat is the sketched move, giving another reliable way to revenge kill steels, where as it contains gunk shot to lure and kill tapus in general.

ReyPescado's Mega-Pinsir Offense

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Frustration
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Sacred Fire
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog
- Recover

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Secret Sword
- Dark Pulse
A team that let me get 2 top 15 accounts for the early ladder. It's built around Mega Pinsir, Obviously if were using a Mega Pinsir team we need to have a strong defensive backbone and hazzard control, for this I decided Mantine and Garchomp were good choices, Garchomp Covers Pinsirs 3 main weaknesses, Fire, Rock, Electric. With shore up as his sketch move he becomes a potent physical tank, that has an easy time nullifying Galvanize Golems. As for Mantine I wanted another mon to take fire hits, unfortunately mantine is weak to both electric, and rock. But for a lack of better choices I went with Mantine for the strong special bulk and hazzard control. Water absorb is also a nice perk. Moving on to the rest of the offensive pressence, I wanted something cheesy and fast, So who better than my main man Jirachi, With Choice Scarf, Iron Head spam and Sacred Fire being a 100% burn Jirachi becomes a speedy menace that can both bust down walls and pick up kills throught the game. With Jirachi utilizing U-Turn, I thought it would be nice to pair him with a Volt Switcher, Tapu Koko and its strong offensive pressence was a good fit, as it gives a solid out to bulky water types and fairies. With the last slot I needed something that can really give the fire and rock types a run for their money. I decided to go with Hydro Pump Greninja, followed by the standard ice beam. Due to having nothing to kill off psychic and ghost types, It was clear that Dark Pulse would be needed on this ninja. For the final slot I decided to disregard the traditional U-turn, or Gunk Shot, and instead am using Secret Sword, It's a very interesting tech move that has already begun to show its uses in killing pesky Espeed Spammers and chansey. Ignore the offensive nicknames.

Other Useful teambuilding resources:
So if you dont want to just use a sample, but still need some help with making a team, try reffering to this: https://pastebin.com/weKkKYAT (This is very outdated, will be making a new one shortly)

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs

Banner By Chloe.
VR Team (In alphabetical order)
Funbot28 Jrdn Megazard Official Fissure OM room
USUM Sketchmons Viability Rankings:

• Most used sketch moves are italicized

• Recovery encompasses all options (Shore Up, Soft-boiled, Strength Sap, etc)

• All mons are listed in alphabetical order

S-Rank:

Blacephalon (Tail Glow, Secret Sword, Moongeist Beam)

A-Rank:

A+ Rank

Aerodactyl-Mega (Dragon Ascent, Diamond Storm, Head Smash)
Celesteela (Recovery, Oblivion Wing, Beak Blast)
Excadrill (Thousand Arrows, Icicle Crash, Ice Hammer, Sunsteel Strike, V-Create)
Landorus-T (Dragon Ascent, Thousand Arrows, Beak Blast, Recovery)
Mawile-Mega (V-Create, Sunsteel Strike, Bullet Punch)
Serperior (V-Create, Overheat)
Tapu Koko (Bolt Strike, Ice Beam, Fleur Cannon, Tail Glow, Blue Flare, Play Rough)
Tapu Lele (Blue Flare, Psycho Boost, Tail Glow, Volt Switch, Moongeist Beam)

A Rank

Aerodactyl (Head Smash, Brave Bird)
Chansey (Transform, Metal Burst, Will-O-Wisp, U-turn)
Ferrothorn (Recovery, Rapid Spin)
Greninja (Secret Sword, Blue Flare, Close Combat, Tail Glow, Precipice blades)
Kyurem-Black (Icicle Crash, Dragon Dance, Tail Glow)
Magearna (Blue Flare, Moonblast, Tail Glow, Secret Sword, Recovery)
Medicham-Mega (Mach Punch, Bolt Strike, Photon Geyser, Swords Dance)
Slowbro (U-Turn / Volt Switch, Rapid Spin, Spectral Thief)
Tangrowth (Volt Switch / U-Turn, Rapid Spin, Spectral Thief)
Toxapex (Rapid Spin, Parting Shot, Defog, Will-O-Wisp, Topsy-Turvy)

A- Rank

Charizard- Mega X (Fire Lash, Bolt Strike, Leaf Blade)
Clefable (Rapid Spin, Heart Swap, Metal Burst, Will-O-Wisp, Mind Blown)
Diggersby (Thousand Arrows, Fake Out)
Heatran (Recovery, Seed Flare, Sleep Powder, Perish Song)
Jirachi (Sacred Fire, Recovery, Diamond Storm, Force Palm)
Lopunny-Mega (Swords Dance)
Mamoswine (Bolt Strike, Spikes)
Marowak-Alola (V-Create, Shadow Sneak)
Pinsir-Mega (Dragon Dance, Bolt Strike, V-Create, Explosion)
Tapu Fini (Recovery)
Thundurus (Oblivion Wing, Topsy-Turvy, Heart Swap, Copycat)
Tyranitar (Accelerock, Shore Up, U-Turn, Diamond Storm)
Tyranitar-Mega (Accelerock, Shore Up, Sucker Punch, Diamond Storm)

B-Rank:

B+ Rank

Alakazam-Mega (Psystrike, Tail Glow, Secret Sword)
Diancie-Mega (Blue Flare, Thousand Arrows, Tail Glow)
Garchomp (Shore Up, Thousand Arrows, Dragon Dance)
Hoopa-U (Psystrike, Secret Sword, Sucker Punch, Tail Glow)
Heracross-Mega (Agility, Trick Room)
Keldeo (Water Spout, Earth Power, Ice Beam, Tail Glow)
Magnezone (Blue Flare, Seed Flare, Earth Power)
Mimikyu (Spectral Thief, Final Gambit)
Rotom-W (Steam Eruption, Recovery)
Sableye-Mega (King's Shield, Parting Shot, Spiky Shield, Topsy-Turvy)
Salamence (Dragon Ascent)
Thundurus-T (Oblivion Wing, Secret Sword, Tail Glow)
Volcarona (Secret Sword, Earth Power)
Zapdos (Lava Plume, Ice Beam, Taunt)

B Rank

Beedrill-Mega (Megahorn, Gunk Shot, First Impression, Precipice Blades)
Charizard Mega-Y (Oblivion Wing, Blue Flare)
Conkeldurr (Trick Room)
Doublade (Recovery, Spectral Thief)
Gyarados (Dragon Ascent)
Gyarados-Mega (Knock Off, Gunk Shot)
Hawlucha (Precipice Blades, Icicle Crash, King's Shield)
Hippowdon (U-Turn, Topsy-Turvy)
Latios-Mega (Earth Power, Blue Flare, Tail Glow)
Manaphy (Thunderbolt, Recovery, Earth Power)
Mew (Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy, Secret Sword, Tail Glow)
Pidgeot-Mega (Sing, Boomburst, Focus Blast, Zap Cannon, Inferno)
Primarina (Boomburst, Trick Room)
Sharpedo (Tail Glow)
Suicune (Recovery)
Weavile (Precipice Blades, Bolt Strike)
Xurkitree (Ice Beam, Secret Sword)
Zeraora (Icicle Crash, Bolt Strike, Electrify, Swords Dance)

B- Rank

Amoonguss (Strength Sap, U-Turn / Volt Switch)
Azumarill (Recovery)
Blastoise-Mega (Origin Pulse)
Celebi (Searing Shot)
Cloyster (Water Shuriken, Bone Rush, Bullet Seed)
Gardevoir-Mega (Boomburst)
Gengar (Moongeist Beam)
Glalie-Mega (Boomburst)
Kingdra (Water Spout, Tail Glow)
Komala (Whirlwhind / Roar)
Latios (Earth Power, Blue Flare, Tail Glow, Psystrike)
Malamar (V-Create, Power Trip)
Quagsire (Stealth Rocks, Topsy-Turvy, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic Spikes)
Rhyperior (Thousand Arrows)
Rotom-H (Ice Beam, Recovery)
Scizor-Mega (Gear Grind, Mach Punch, Dragon Dance)
Stakataka (Bolt Strike, V-Create, Head Smash, Swords Dance)
Swampert-Mega (Swords Dance, Thousand Arrows)
Tapu Bulu (V-Create, Play Rough, Dragon Dance)
Venusaur-Mega (Searing Shot, Earth Power, Recovery)

C-Rank:

C+ Rank

Aggron-Mega (Recovery)
Alakazam (Mind Blown, Mirror Coat)
Bisharp (Bullet Punch, Darkest Lariat, Close Combat, Earthquake)
Buzzwole (Agility, U-turn)
Comfey (Tail Glow, Blue Flare)
Ditto (Parting Shot, Whirlwind)
Gastrodon (Rapid Spin, Parting Shot)
Gliscor (Thousand Arrows, Beak Blast, Psycho Shift)
Golem-Alola (V-Create)
Heracross (Dragon Dance, U-Turn)
Muk-Alola (Recovery, Spectral Thief, U-Turn / Volt Switch)
Nihilego (Tail Glow)
Ninetales-Alola (Stealth Rocks, Parting Shot)
Pyukumuku (Topsy-Turvy, Perish Song, Heart Swap, Rapid Spin)
Ribombee (Taunt, Stealth Rock)
Sableye (Heart Swap, Topsy-Turvy, Destiny Bond, Parting Shot, Defog)

C Rank

Jolteon (Electrify, Ice Beam)
Klefki (Recovery, Stealth Rock,Taunt, Topsy-Turvy)
Pelipper (Parting Shot, Steam Eruption)
Porygon2 (U-Turn, Parting Shot, Defog)
Regigigas (Skill Swap)
Scizor (Gear Grind)
Shedinja (Endeavor)
Shuckle (Mirror Coat, Taunt, Explosion, Topsy-Turvy)
Slaking (Skill Swap)
Swampert (Recovery)
Sylveon (Boomburst, Rapid Spin)
Yanmega (Tail Glow, Blue Flare)

C- Rank

Cofagrigus (Recovery, Secret Sword)
Diancie (Recovery)
Ninjask (Dragon Ascent, Earthquake)
Scolipede (Precipice Blades, Coil)

Led by Official Fissure
Co-led by Megazard Fardin Racool
S Rank- Reserved for Pokemon that are at the top of the Sketchmons metagame.

S Rank
Mawile-Mega​

A Rank- Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Sketchmons metagame.

A+ Rank
Marowak-Alola​
Medicham-Mega​
Pinsir-Mega​
Slowbro​
Tapu Koko​
Tapu Lele​

A Rank
Aerodactyl​
Aerodactyl-Mega​
Celesteela​
Clefable​
Excadrill​
Greninja​
Heatran​
Serperior​
Tapu Fini​
Zygarde​
A- Rank
Chansey​
Charizard-Mega Y​
Cloyster​
Garchomp​
Keldeo​
Landorus-T​
Magearna​
Magnezone​
Sableye-Mega​
Salamence​
Snorlax​
Tangrowth​
Thundurus​
Tyranitar​
B Rank- Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Sketchmons metagame.

B+ Rank
Beedrill-Mega​
Diggersby​
Gyarados-Mega​
Heracross-Mega​
Jirachi​
Hoopa-U​
Mamoswine​
Nihilego​
Pidgeot-Mega​
Venusaur-Mega​
Zapdos​
B Rank
Alakazam-Mega​
Chesnaught​
Diancie​
Ferrothorn​
Gastrodon​
Gengar​
Heracross​
Kyurem-Black​
Manaphy​
Mew​
Porygon2​
Rotom-H​
Rotom-W​
Scizor-Mega​
Skarmory​
Toxapex​
Quagsire​
Weavile​
B- Rank
Blastoise-Mega​
Buzzwole​
Charizard-Mega X​
Cofagrigus​
Doublade​
Glalie-Mega​
Gyarados​
Komala​
Latios​
Mimikyu​
Muk-Alola​
Rhyperior​
Sableye​
Scizor​
Swampert​
Sylveon​
Tapu Bulu​

C Rank- Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the Sketchmons metagame.

C Rank
Comfey​
Ditto​
Golem-Alola​
Klefki​
Malamar​
Mantine​
Shedinja​
Xurkitree​

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs

(banner by Chloe. )
Under construction

Sketchmons Role Compendium
Co-led by Official Fissure and Racool
Stealth Rock:

Spikes:

Toxic Spikes:

Rapid Spin:

Defog:

Sticky Web:

Priority:
(Ice Shard)
(Extreme Speed)
(Bullet Punch)
(First Impression)
(Shadow Sneak)
(Triage)
(Prankster)
(Mach Punch)
(Sucker Punch)
(Fake Out)
(Aqua Jet)

Volt Switch:

U-Turn:

Parting Shot:

Choice Scarf:

Choice Band:

Choice Specs:

Dragon Dance:

Quiver Dance:

Tail Glow:

Trick Room:

Clerics:

Phazing:

Wallbreakers:

Stallbreakers:

Tapu Koko Checks:

Z-Moves:

(Normalium Z)
(Firium Z)
(Waterium Z)
(Grassium Z)
(Flyinium Z)
(Electrium Z)
(Bolt Strike)

(Dragonium Z)
(Groundium Z)
(Fightinium Z)
(Rockium Z)
(Icium Z)
(Buginium Z)
(Psychium Z)
(Steelium Z)
(Darkinium Z)
(Ghostium Z)
(Fairium Z)

Under construction

Sketchmons Speed Tiers
Led By Megazard

Speed is probably one of, if not the most critical stat, and speed ties are renown for the frustration they cause to the loser of said ties. For everyone's convenience, we have compiled a list of the common speed stats for most mons in the meta, with their usual ev spreads, and abilities and boosts, hopefully this assists in teambuilding and battling.

The following format is used for all entries:
Speed / Pokemon / Base Speed / Nature (+Spe, -Spe, or Neutral) / EVs / +Boost / IVs (where applicable)

714 / Serperior / 113 / +Spe / 252 / +2
656 / Charizard (Mega-X), Medicham (Mega)/ 100 / +Spe / 252 / +2
618 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / +2
617 / Zapdos / 100 / Neutral / 44 / +3
604 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / +2
598 / Charizard (Mega-X), Salamence / 100 / Neutral / +2
591 / Tapu Koko / 130 / +Spe / 252 / +1
590 / Heracross / 85 / +Spe / 252 / +2
566 / Greninja / 122 / +Spe / 252 / +1
562 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / Neutral / 252 / +2
552 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / Neutral / 232 / +2
550 / Excadrill / 88 / Neutral / 252 / +2
538 / Tapu Koko / 130 / Neutral / 252 / +1
535 / Serperior / 113 / +Spe / 252 / +1
525 / Gengar, Latios / 110 / +Spe / 252 / +1
524 / Swampert (Mega) / 70 / +Spe / 252 / +2
519 / Keldeo / 108 / +Spe / 252 / +1
514 / Buzzwole / 79 / Neutral / 252 / +2
510 / Diggersby / 78 / Neutral / 252 / +2
502 / Nihilego / 103 / +Spe / 252 / +1
502 / Magearna / 65 / +Spe / 252 / +2
499 / Garchomp / 102 / +Spe / 252 / +1
498 / Heracross (Mega) / 75 / Neutral / 252 / +2
494 / Zapdos / 100 / Neutral / 44 / +2
492 / Charizard (Mega-X), Jirachi, Manaphy, Medicham (Mega), Salamence, Volcarona, / 100 / +Spe / 252 / +1
486 / Celesteela / 61 / +Spe / 252 / +2
478 / Swampert (Mega) / 70 / Neutral / 252 / +2
475 / Kyurem-Black, Tapu Lele / 95 / +Spe / 252 / +1
465 / Charizard (Mega-X) / 100 / +Spe / 184 / +1
465 / Kyurem-Black / 95 / +Spe / 224 / +1
463 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / +1
458 / Magearna / 65 / Neutral / 252 / +2
453 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / +1
448 / Charizard (Mega-X), Manaphy, Salamence / 100 / Neutral / 252 / +1
442 / Heracross / 85 / Neutral / 252 / +1
442 / Celesteela / 61 / Neutral / 252 / +2
438 / Aerodactyl (Mega), Alakazam (Mega) / 150 / +Spe / 252 / 0
436 / Xurkitree / 83 / +Spe / 252 / +1
433 / Tapu Lele / 95 / Neutral / 252 / +1
430 / Gyarados, Gyarados (Mega) / 81 / +Spe / 252 / +1
427 / Beedrill (Mega), Sceptile (Mega) / 145 / +Spe / 252 / 0
426 / Hoopa-Unbound / 80 / +Spe / 252 / +1
423 / Buzzwole / 79 / +Spe / 252 / +1
417 / Heatran / 77 / +Spe / 252 / +1
397 / Xurkitree / 83 / Neutral / 252 / +1
394 / Tapu Koko / 130 / +Spe / 252 / 0
391 / Gyarados, Gyarados (Mega) / 81 / Neutral / 252 / +1
383 / Weavile / 125 / +Spe / 252 / 0
382 / Diggersby / 78 / Neutral / 252 / +1
377 / Greninja / 122 / +Spe / 252 / 0
376 / Komala / 65 / +Spe / 252 / +1
375 / Pidgeot / 121 / +Spe / 252 / 0
372 / Alakazam / 120 / +Spe / 252 / 0
370 / Zapdos / 100 / Neutral / 44 / +1
364 / Tyranitar / 61 / +Spe / 252 / +1
357 / Serperior / 113 / +Spe / 252 / 0
353 / Thundurus / 111 / +Spe / 252 / 0
350 / Gengar, Latios / 110 / +Spe / 252 / 0
346 / Keldeo / 108 / +Spe / 252 / 0
339 / Pinsir (Mega) / 105 / +Spe / 252 / 0
335 / Nihilego / 103 / +Spe / 252 / 0
333 / Garchomp / 102 / +Spe / 252 / 0
331 / Pidgeot / 101 / +Spe / 252 / 0
328 / Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Glalie (Mega), Medicham (Mega), Manaphy, Salamence / 100 / +Spe / 252 / 0
320 / Mimikyu / 96 / +Spe / 252
317 / Kyurem-Black, Tapu Lele, Zygarde / 95 / +Spe / 252 / 0
310 / Charizard (Mega-X) / 100 / +Spe / 184 / 0
309 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 252 / 0
309 / Pinsir (Mega) / 105 / Neutral / 252 / 0
305 / Nihilego / 103 / Neutral / 252 / 0
303 / Garchomp / 102 / Neutral / 252 / 0
302 / Excadrill / 88 / +Spe / 252 / 0
299 / Charizard (Mega-X), Charizard (Mega-Y), Comfey, Medicham (Mega), Manaphy, Salamence / 100 / Neutral / 252 / 0
295 / Tapu Fini, Heracross / 85 / +Spe / 252 / 0
291 / Mimikyu / 96 / Neutral / 252 / 0
291 / Xurkitree / 83 / +Spe / 252 / 0
289 / Kyurem-Black, Tapu Lele, Zygarde / 95 / Neutral / 252 / 0
287 / Gyarados, Gyarados (Mega) / 81 / +Spe / 252 / 0
284 / Glalie, Hoopa-Unbound, Mamoswine / 80 / +Spe / 252 / 0
282 / Buzzwole / 79 / +Spe / 252 / 0
281 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / Neutral / 252 / 0
278 / Heatran / 77 / +Spe / 252 / 0
276 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / Neutral / 232 / 0
275 / Excadrill / 88 / Neutral / 252 / 0
274 / Mew / 100 / Neutral / 152 / 0
273 / Scizor (Mega), Tapu Bulu / 75 / +Spe / 252 / 0
269 / Tapu Fini / 85 / Neutral / 252 / 0
266 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 92 / 0
265 / Xurkitree / 83 / Neutral / 252 / 0
262 / Skarmory, Swampert (Mega) / 70 / +Spe / 252 / 0
261 / Gyarados, Gyarados (Mega) / 81 / Neutral / 252 / 0
259 / Hoopa-Unbound, Mamoswine / 80 / Neutral / 252 / 0
257 / Buzzwole / 79 / Neutral / 252 / 0
253 / Heatran / 77 / Neutral / 252 / 0
251 / Magearna / 65 / +Spe / 252 / 0
249 / Heracross (Mega), Scizor (Mega), Tapu Bulu / 75 / Neutral / 252 / 0
247 / Zapdos / 100 / Neutral / 44 / 0
244 / Manaphy, Mew, Zapdos / 100 / Neutral / 32 / 0
243 / Celesteela, Tyranitar / 61 / +Spe / 252 / 0
240 / Garchomp / 102 / Neutral / 0 / 0
240 / Magnezone / 60 / +Spe / 252 / 0
239 / Swampert (Mega) / 70 / Neutral / 252 / 0
236 / Comfey, Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew, Zapdos / 100 / Neutral / 0 / 0
229 / Magearna / 65 / Neutral / 252 / 0
222 / Scizor (Mega), Tapu Bulu / 75 / Neutral / 144 / 0
222 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / Neutral / 16 / 0
222 / Rotom-Wash, Rotom-Heat / 86 / Neutral / 56 / 0
221 / Celesteela, Tyranitar / 61 / Neutral / 252 / 0
219 / Magnezone, Sylveon / 60 / Neutral / 252 / 0
208 / Rotom-Wash, Rotom-Heat / 86 / Neutral / 0 / 0
207 / Golem (Alola), Marowak (Alola) / 45 / +Spe / 252 / 0
206 / Tapu Fini / 85 / Neutral / 0 / 0
201 / Celesteela / 61 / Neutral / 172 / 0
199 / Mawile (Mega) / 50 / Neutral / 252 / 0
196 / Mandibuzz, Venusaur (Mega) / 80 / Neutral / 0 / 0
194 / Buzzwole / 79 / Neutral / 0 / 0
192 / Blastoise (Mega) / 78 / Neutral / 0
190 / Heatran / 77 / Neutral / 0 / 0
189 / Golem (Alola), Marowak (Alola) / 45 / Neutral / 252 / 0
186 / Klefki, Scizor (Mega), Tapu Bulu / 75 / Neutral / 0 / 0
179 / Shedinja / 40 / Neutral / 252 / 0
178 / Magnezone / 60 / Neutral / 88 / 0
177 / Tyranitar / 61 / Neutral / 76 / 0
177 / Mawile (Mega) / 50 / Neutral / 164 / 0
176 / Mantine, Skarmory / 70 / Neutral / 0 / 0
166 / Magearna, Scizor / 65 / Neutral / 0 / 0
165 / Seismitoad / 74 / -Spe / 0 / 0
164 / Chesnaught / 64 / Neutral / 0 / 0
158 / Celesteela, Tyranitar / 61 / Neutral / 0 / 0
156 / Clefable, Porygon2, Swampert, Sylveon / 60 / Neutral / 0 / 0
142 / Tyranitar / 61 / -Spe / 0 / 0
140 / Swampert / 60 / -Spe / 0 / 0
136 / Chansey, Diancie, Mawile (Mega), Muk (Alola), Sableye / 50 / Neutral / 0 / 0
126 / Golem (Alola), Marowak (Alola) / 45 / Neutral / 0 / 0
122 / Tangrowth / 50 / -Spe / 0 / 0
116 / Rhyperior / 40 / Neutral / 0 / 0
114 / Gastrodon / 39 / Neutral / 0 / 0
107 / Reuniclus / 30 / Neutral / 44 / 0
106 / Doublade, Toxapex / 35 / Neutral / 0 / 0
102 / Gastrodon / 39 / -Spe / 0 / 0
96 / Cofagrigus, Slowbro / 30 / Neutral / 0 / 0
95 / Quagsire / 35 / -Spe / 0 / 0
94 / Diancie / 50 / -Spe / 0 / 0 / 0 IV
76 / Ferrothorn, Sableye (Mega) / 20 / Neutral / 0 / 0
76 / Rhyperior / 40 / -Spe / Neutral / 0 / 0 / 0 IV
63 / Bronzong / 33 / -Spe / 0 / 0 / 0IV [Gyro Ball]
58 / Amoonguss, Cofagrigus, Slowbro / 30 / -Spe / 0 / 0 / 0 IV
40 / Ferrothorn / 20 / -Spe / 0 / 0 / 0 IV [Gyro Ball]

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
haha first

I think that Celesteela with either Shore Up or Oblivion Wing should be an amazing mon, although it hates being nuked by random Thousand Waves or V-Creates.

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Funbot28 took the other Celesteela set, so I thought I'd post this. Oblivion Wing is pretty nice for recovery. What sets Celesteela apart imo is the combination of a great typing, great bulk and, importantly, good mixed offensive presence. This screams for an Assault Vest set that can take special hits like a champ and retaliate back with the appropriate move. The coverage is adjustable of course, if Washtom is popular maybe you run a Grass move to hit it. I just slapped on 4 good attacks.

Magearna is another mon I'll be keeping an eye on.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shore Up
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball / HP Ground / Flash Cannon / Thunder Wave / Aura Sphere

CroMagearna. Makes it by on bulk, typing,and newfound access to a recovery move (seriously GF, not even rest?) Moves in the last slot arranged in descending order of quality (theoretically). Immunity to Toxic (shh Salazzle) means that Rest isn't needed or wanted here, even if it could get both Rest and Sleep Talk. Fairy / Ground is the best neutral coverage, but Hidden Power is bad and Fairy / Ghost is almost as good. Dual STABs has the most natural power but leaves you walled by steels. Thunder Wave cripples things that try to use you as set-up bait, and Aura Sphere kills Steel types (watch out for Alolawak or any Poison type).

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power / Blue Flare / Trick / Secret Sword

Wall-broken. Last move for hitting steel / fire types or killing Chansey. This thing has the same attcking stat as Garchomp for reference. Volt Switch means that it is not a momentum sink.

Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch / Dazzling Meme / Random Coverage

Bad set, but fun. Doom Desire, Calm Mind, Protect, repeat. Or Volt Switch out, or catch the Heatran switchin with an Earth Power. Actually though, probably use Jirachi.

Araquanid with either Crabhammer or Aqua Jet hits really hard, and is in fact ridiculous to try to switch into. Bring Volcanion folks!

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer / Aqua Jet
- Leech Life
- Crunch / Liquidation
- Poison Jab

Aqua Jet > Crabhammer I think, as the priority is more valuable on something this slow, and Liquidation isn't THAT much of a downgrade. Hits really hard. This is a set I basically stole from STABmons. I found it quite effective when they think you're going for Aqua Jet and are going to switch in their wall, smash down that wall with ~~Crabhammer but this isn't STABmons rip~~ Liquidation. Poison Jab hits Azumarill, Leech Life hits most Grass types, but really, why aren't you using water moves?

I think Band Tyranitar with Accelrock could be cool, especially since it resists Espeed and (most) Atespeed (screw Pinsir amirite).

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch / Crunch / Earthquake / I don't know

Classic Bandtar, now with priority. Priority + Pursuit makes for a nice combo I feel, and it can play Bisharp-esque 50-50s. I can't think of a better Accelrock user than Tyranitar. Doesn't like Steel types switching in (I don't mention fighting types because they're generally not as bulky).

EDIT:
One final set, and I think the best one, is SubDD Zygarde.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shore Up
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance

Given evs give a 101 hp sub, there are probably more optimized ones though. Without Ice coverage or a bug or grass type this is insanely hard to break past if it gets a boost or two, and it boosts on a lot of things. Remember, Zygarde is bulkier than Hippowdon.

The Buzzwole set Funbot posted can check it, or any bulky Ground resist (not immunity) with an ice move (or other powerful move / phazing, for instance Roar Chesnaught can temporarily check Zygarde). Also a lot of things can prevent it setting up if they have an ice move or just a strong unresisted move. It eats Alolan Golem up for breakfast though.

+1 252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 76-90 (21.4 - 25.3%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 188 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 320-380 (79.2 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The best counter is of course Quagsire.
252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 109-129 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- 72.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery (nop)

EDIT2: Okay I lied another set
Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Sneak

Perfect neutral coverage in STABs (what's a Pyroar?), reliably can set up 2 smashes, this may look like a meme but I really don't think it is. All disguise ever needed to be broken was an OP set up move. Run with hazard support. I personally usually only set up one smash, as Espeed then knocks it down to sash.

EDIT: Now that Shell Smash has been (unsurprisingly) banned, I'm running Shift Gear for this set, but I know that Belly Drum with Sitrus Berry is more popular.
EDIT2: Now they've all been banned and this set sucks enjoy your life. Maybe Mimikyu will get some life once Spectral Thief is released.

Last edited:

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kyurem-Black @ Normalium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Conversion

Electric type with 391 / 658 / 354 / 415 / 291 / 475 stats, boltbeam and recovery. Depending on what it needs to outspeed, it could be Naughty and then have 723 Attack.

(BAN ME PLEASE)

Expect to see these two in a lot of forthcoming OMs since they are both good Extreme Speed abusers, and you know here in OMs we love our Extreme Speed. Alolan Golem has Galvanize to get the game's only Electric-type Extreme Speed, which is a great niche unto its own, while Gumshoos barely has the strongest Extreme Speed in the game.

252+ Atk Ursaring Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 144-171 (42.2 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 168-198 (49.2 - 58%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-201 (49.5 - 58.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Gumshoos Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 170-202 (49.8 - 59.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

Alright. Before banning/suspecting anything, I'd like to discuss bringing back Sketch Clause first. Sketch clause is a rule where a team can have no more than one of the same sketch move per team. (for example you cannot have two pokemon with extremespeed that do not get it normally) Back then, Sketch Clause was implemented to prevent spam teams and basically force people to have variety. I think it'd be better to bring this back but I'm open to suggestions, including if the Sketch Clause needed to be limited to 2 or 1.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Im happy that Sketchmons is getting a perma ladder come Gen 7, should be fun. I will talk about some of the new mons and some sets I think they could run:

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Brick Break
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch

Buzzwole could really be a potent setup sweeper in Sketchmons as Shuft Gear allows it to remedy its somewhat lacking Speed stat. It also has an awesome HP stat and Beast Boost allows it to gain even more Attack every time it nets a KO. Its Special Defense is rather poor which makes it more difficult to setup at times, but can defiontely see this thing be a top tier threat especially since Talonflame was nerfed.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Oblivion Wing / King's Shield / Shore Up
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower

Ya as The Ruins of Alpha stated before, Celesteela really enjoys gaining access to moves that could sustain its longetivity. It could now run STAB Oblivion Wing or it can even opt for Leech Seed + King's Shield shenanigans. Shore Up could also be used to really act as reliable recovery as well. This thing will especially be nice in dealing with probably the scariest threat in Diggersby, which is always nice.

Tapu Lele @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

Tapu Lele will honestly be really good with a Quiver Dance set as it compliments its ability so well. Psychic Surge allows it to evade all forms of priority which is really nice in stopping revenge killers and it also boosts its Psychic type moves which is also really helpful for it to net some nice KOs at times after a boost.

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Precipice Blades
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Ground coverage basically allows Pheromosa to hit the very few select of counters it has in standard play (ie: Aegislash and Toxapex) and basically makes it unwallable besides if you are using Mantine. Still gets wrecked by priority, but if u pair it with Psychic Terrain, its all over.

Also implement Sketch Clause, just makes meta more versatile.

Marowak-Alolan @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang / Earthquake
- Shift Gear

Outspeeds Base 135s after a Shift Gear, resistant or immune to four of the five ESpeed types, your opponent better have a really fast Scarfer or a really strong Sucker Punch user.

After seeing some plays and recieving some feedback, I decided to reimplement Sketch Clause from now on. I think it's really needed and no one disagrees with me so far.

Sketch Clause: You can't sketch two of the same moves in a team with non-native users. Note that you CAN still have two or more of the same moves in a team if the other users learn it naturally. For example, you CAN have Extremespeed on both Diggersby and Arcanine in a team because Arcanine learns it naturally, but you can't have Extremespeed on both Diggersby and Pinsir becaause none of them learns it naturally.

Also note that you're free to use clone moves as many as you want even if they do the exact same thing as long as they have different names. For example, you can sketch Recover, Slack Off and Softboiled in a team even if they all have the same type, PP and they do the exact same thing. All you need is just different names.

I think my explanation is pretty clear regarding Sketch Clause. If you have any questions regarding Sketch Clause, feel free to ask here. Regarding bans, it can wait, but Sketch Clause is badly needed.

Last edited:
This om is so cool also phermosa is broken with getting ice physical coverage and ground physical coverage to beat its checks as aegislash,toxapex,lando-t.

lost heros

Meme Master
Hello, so I've been playing around in the early ladder a bit and I've found myself a core that is incredibly annoying to many teams.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- High Jump Kick

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Nature's Madness

So this set is designed to pretty much abuse Pheromosa. A +2 neutral invested Pheromosa is the fasted Pokémon outside of +2 positive invested Pheromosa and with stupid offensives this thing hurts. Shell Smash has virtually no downsides because this thing dies to virtually everything anyways. But wait Lost Heros, isn't this thing easily revenged? That's where Tapu Lele. It's goal is to pretty much set up Psychic Terrain and then be a show volt switch out. This means no priority move will affect Pheromosa for at 6 turns after it sets up Shell Smash. Effectively, there are two things that can then revenge this Pheromosa now: focus sash mons and sturdy. Of course you also have to make sure no webs/spikes/rocks are on your side of the field before hand. So just pair this core with your favorite Bulky rocker that now has access to rapid spin and you've got yourself a good time.

Xurkitree and Pelipper are best buds in OU already, so I figured (also because I'm evil!), why not bring them to Sketchmons?

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost
- Memento

Xurkitree @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Water Shuriken
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The premise should be simple enough: Pelipper comes in to set up rain and use Memento (it was originally Parting Shot, but I found that a little too weak personally), then that gives Xurkitree a free opportunity to wreck havoc, most of the times able to get at least +1, then switch to Water Shuriken for faster threats, and its massively powerful Thunder for everything else that really needs smiting (and the other moves for if you really really need them ;P). Usually, I use Pheromosa to break some holes in the opponent's team first, but depending on what you're facing, you could easily pull a full sweep with Xurkitree.

Also, there's this Charizard set I use. I haven't really had much opportunity to use it (see: above), but it's really fun in concept and execution. I figured that Belly Drum Charizard X was already a thing (or at least used to be at some point), so adding Extreme Speed was the next logical step. For those times when Dragon Dance just isn't enough.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele is gonna be completely nuts here (much like in STABmons, really). Slap a Power Herb and Geomancy on that bad boy and bam, you've got one horrifying sweeper on your hands.

+2 252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 520-613 (80.9 - 95.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 180 SpD Tyranitar: 350-414 (86.8 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 400-472 (113.6 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO

There honestly isn't very much to stop this thing, especially when you consider that it's immune to priority for the first four turns that it's firing off attacks (first turn you're clicking Geomancy, ofc)

K after observing, playing the ladder and recieving feedback from players, I think I've seen enough of how these two moves are being a problem. So I decided that Shell Smash and Geomancy are now banned from Sketching.

Note that you can use banned moves if the user originally have it. So you can still use Shell Smash Cloyster after this. Remember that banned from sketching =/= banned entirely.

Tagging The Immortal

A team that let me get 2 top 15 accounts for the early ladder. It's built around Mega Pinsir, Obviously if were using a Mega Pinsir team we need to have a strong defensive backbone and hazzard control, for this I decided Mantine and Garchomp were good choices, Garchomp Covers Pinsirs 3 main weaknesses, Fire, Rock, Electric. With shore up as his sketch move he becomes a potent physical tank, that has an easy time nullifying Galvanize Golems. As for Mantine I wanted another mon to take fire hits, unfortunately mantine is weak to both electric, and rock. But for a lack of better choices I went with Mantine for the strong special bulk and hazzard control. Water absorb is also a nice perk. Moving on to the rest of the offensive pressence, I wanted something cheesy and fast, So who better than my main man Jirachi, With Choice Scarf, Iron Head spam and Sacred Fire being a 100% burn Jirachi becomes a speedy menace that can both bust down walls and pick up kills throught the game. With Jirachi utilizing U-Turn, I thought it would be nice to pair him with a Volt Switcher, Tapu Koko and its strong offensive pressence was a good fit, as it gives a solid out to bulky water types and dragons. With the last slot I needed something that can really give the fire and rock types a run for their money. I decided to go with Hydro Pump Greninja, followed by the standard ice beam. Due to having nothing to kill off psychic and ghost types, It was clear that Dark Pulse would be needed on this ninja. For the final slot I decided to disregard the traditional U-turn, or Gunk Shot, and instead am using Secret Sword, It's a very interesting tech move that has already begun to show its uses in killing pesky Espeed Spammers and chansey. Ignore the offensive nicknames.

Not Trash (Pinsir-Mega) (M) @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Sangheli (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Starboy (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Sacred Fire
- U-turn

Bearded Oyster (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Taco (Mantine) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog
- Recover

Niggato (Greninja) (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Secret Sword
- Dark Pulse

Last edited:
A team that let me get 2 top 15 accounts for the early ladder. It's built around Mega Pinsir, Obviously if were using a Mega Pinsir team we need to have a strong defensive backbone and hazzard control, for this I decided Mantine and Garchomp were good choices, Garchomp Covers Pinsirs 3 main weaknesses, Fire, Rock, Electric. With shore up as his sketch move he becomes a potent physical tank, that has an easy time nullifying Galvanize Golems. As for Mantine I wanted another mon to take fire hits, unfortunately mantine is weak to both electric, and rock. But for a lack of better choices I went with Mantine for the strong special bulk and hazzard control. Water absorb is also a nice perk. Moving on to the rest of the offensive pressence, I wanted something cheesy and fast, So who better than my main man Jirachi, With Choice Scarf, Iron Head spam and Sacred Fire being a 100% burn Jirachi becomes a speedy menace that can both bust down walls and pick up kills throught the game. With Jirachi utilizing U-Turn, I thought it would be nice to pair him with a Volt Switcher, Tapu Koko and its strong offensive pressence was a good fit, as it gives a solid out to bulky water types and fairies. With the last slot I needed something that can really give the fire and rock types a run for their money. I decided to go with Hydro Pump Greninja, followed by the standard ice beam. Due to having nothing to kill off psychic and ghost types, It was clear that Dark Pulse would be needed on this ninja. For the final slot I decided to disregard the traditional U-turn, or Gunk Shot, and instead am using Secret Sword, It's a very interesting tech move that has already begun to show its uses in killing pesky Espeed Spammers and chansey. Ignore the offensive nicknames.

Not Trash (Pinsir-Mega) (M) @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Sangheli (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Starboy (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Sacred Fire
- U-turn

Bearded Oyster (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Taco (Mantine) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog
- Recover

Niggato (Greninja) (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Secret Sword
- Dark Pulse
Thanks. I'll add the team as a sample in the second post.

Also, since the thread is kinda dead, I'll start bumping with the threats people overlooked.

Normally, people would prepare for common mons like Pinsir, Tapu Lele, Diggersby. I'll add some threats that I think people didn't prepare when I ladder.

Prepare pls (Chansey) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell

Ok I don't know how many people fell for this but people, please notice. In Sketchmons, DO NOT set up in front of Chansey unless you have Taunt. Scout into something that is not a sweeper so that when Chansey Transforms you don't get swept by your own mon. Or, bring a Taunter.

Prepare pls 2 (Shedinja) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endeovor
- Will-o-wisp
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

You may say "eh, this thing saks. It's still weak to Stealth Rock, status, etc." Well, you can say that but in practice, this basically checks non-Shadow Ball Tapu Lele, Diggersby, etc. The most annoying thing of this is, it basically have a Super Fang that cuts 99% HP. Think of it as FEAR, but unlike Level 1 FEAR, your Leftovers won't save you. And you can't hit this without SE moves. Pretty annoying if you're not prepared.

Edit: Apparently SD and BP are illegal so yeah. Use Sneak.

Last edited:
Yah Shedinja basically checks all setup sweepers that aren't immune to Normal type attacks and lacks a way to hit Shedinja.

Edit: Geomancy's ban isn't still in effect it seems.

Last edited:
A sweeping Dnite that has the potential to get around Mimikyu with ease

Churizurd (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Sunsteel Strike
- Fire Punch/Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

With Multiscale in play

252 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 118-141 (36.5 - 43.6%)
[+1] 252 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 178-211 (55.1 - 65.3%)
[+2] 252 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 237-280 (73.3 - 86.6%)

After Rocks Damage

252 Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 236-282 (73 - 87.3%)

With Sunsteel Strike Dragonite is guaranteed to OHKO the opposing Mimikyu, and due to Sunsteel Strikes secondary effect, it can do so even with Disguise still in play. Unfortunately without Multiscale in play Dragonite can be easily be OHKO'd by an unboosted Play Rough. Not a very consistent counter. Just a situational soft check, however helpful no doubt due to the coverage and utility Sunsteel Strike offers.

Another perk is Sunsteel will destroy those pesky Shedinja's.

Last edited:
Sunsteel is really a cool move despite not being STAB and offering bad coverage overall except hitting fairies, and i'm glad those kind of moves appeared in sun/moon. Sunsteel also allows Dragonite to bypass Unaware from Clefable which can be noticed somehow.

EDIT: Iron Head should never been used for Steel STABs or coverage unless you already sketched something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)