Metagame SM NU Speculation Thread [Read Post #109!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few cool things from the RBY transfer:

• Body Slam + Quick Attack Tauros (Body Slam has been covered already but QA is cool STAB priority, although might have a hard time finding its way on movesets)
  • Leech Seed Vileplume (Debatable whether this is worth using over Sleep Powder but could work)
  • Growth 1st gen Eeveelutions (Z-Growth gives you +2 SpA boost and gives you an opportunity to go mixed, Jolteon gets a shoutout due to it being fast and having BP if that's ever unbanned)
  • Sweet Kiss Politoed / Poliwrath (putting random mons to sleep is fun)
  • Petal Dance Golduck / Jynx (Bloom Doom beats bulky Waters for Golduck / Waters and Rocks for Jynx)
  • Petal Dance + Sing Raichu (Bloom Doom beats bulky Grounds, Z-Sing is an interesting concept, too bad you can't run both Z-moves)
  • Rapid Spin Golem (Less outclassed by Rhydon ig)
  • Hypnosis Misdreavus (Z-Hypnosis Mismagius seems cool)
  • Ancient Power Venusaur (Continental Crush gives you 120 BP Rock coverage)
  • Sharpen Steelix (Z-Sharpen gives you a SD boost)
  • Sweet Kiss + Rock Throw Pinsir (Continetal Crush is good coverage and confusion is there if you want to be gimmicky)
  • Mind Reader Mr. Mime (Z-Mind Reader gives +1 SpA and gurantees you can hit something like Focus Blast)
  • Safeguard Xatu / Stantler (Z-Safeguard gives +1 speed)
  • Sweet Kiss + Lovely Kiss Victreebel (As mentioned before, random sleep is fun but you should prob only use this over Sleep Powder if you are looking really weak to a Sap Sipper mon. Sweet Kiss gets a shoutout because Z-Sweet Kiss gives you a +1 SpA boost allowing you to make use out of your special movepool)
  • Agility Magneton (Could function as a good sweeper, has good power and bulk and 70 speed is not bad for an Agility sweeper)
  • Pursuit Electabuzz (Pursuit's busted)
As you can see I got a bit lazy toward the end. Also some of these mons are speculative but there's a good chance we'll get mons like Venu and Magneton I hope. I'm also operating on the presumption that Electivire and Mismagius will get Pursuit and Hypnosis, respectively.

Thx for reading + hope this was helpful!
I'm fairly sure the only one of those you can actually get from the Virtual Console transfer is Body Slam Tauros. The rest were (iirc Gen 2) event moves, which haven't been distributed to the VC games (which are the only Gen 1 games that can connect to SM). Besides that, some of those Pokemon and moves don't even exist in the Gen 1 games either.

I rarely see Machamp in RU so I'd put that on the list as well. It'll be borked as all hell but we'll likely have to deal with it since mons like Kommo-O and Heracross outclass it in RU and the latter will definitely not be leaving RU soon. (Also Hitmontop is absent too and should be on the list)

Also I'd remove the following since they were NU last gen:
Abomasnow
Steelix
Xatu
Malamar
Mesprit
Gourgeist
Musharna
Piloswine
Weezing
Garbodor
Vivillon
Torterra
Regular Rotom
Gurdurr
Hariyama
Omastar
Scyther
Dodrio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)