Resource Ultra SM OU Bazaar

Felixx

I'm back.
I really want to make a team consisting of Mega Manectric, Jolteon, and Tapu Koko, but I only have the set readied for MegaMan.
Do you guys have any idea who I can put in addition to my team? And recommended sets?

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

This would appreciate a really good Ground check, and I was wondering if either Mamo or Weavile would be good choices for the role?
I'm not really sure if electric spam is that good honestly. Other team ideas? Post them on my profile instead

I really want to make a team consisting of Mega Manectric, Jolteon, and Tapu Koko, but I only have the set readied for MegaMan.
Do you guys have any idea who I can put in addition to my team? And recommended sets?

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

This would appreciate a really good Ground check, and I was wondering if either Mamo or Weavile would be good choices for the role?
If you're looking for a ground check, Tangrowth is one of the best out there. With Regenerator, it's able to constantly pivot into the likes of Zygarde (watch out for Toxic tho) and Lando-T throughout the match. Weavile (or Ttar) makes for a good partner as well, but more so for pursuit trapping things like Latios

I will agree with the point that Jolteon is bad in OU and the Electric Spam core of Koko and MegaMan isn't too great either, but I won't stop you from building it. Personally, I would just try to fit MegaMan on a bulky offense team with some defensive mons to fall back on, but again I can't stop you. Good luck!

If you're looking for a ground check, Tangrowth is one of the best out there. With Regenerator, it's able to constantly pivot into the likes of Zygarde (watch out for Toxic tho) and Lando-T throughout the match. Weavile (or Ttar) makes for a good partner as well, but more so for pursuit trapping things like Latios

I will agree with the point that Jolteon is bad in OU and the Electric Spam core of Koko and MegaMan isn't too great either, but I won't stop you from building it. Personally, I would just try to fit MegaMan on a bulky offense team with some defensive mons to fall back on, but again I can't stop you. Good luck!

This has been very helpful, and thank you very much for your reply. I'll keep in mind about Tangrowth to be my checker for Ground types, and also about building a much more defensive mons around MegaMan than the thought I have presented at first.

Tapu Bulu + Mew & Zard Y Balance

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast/Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge/Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

The team is built around the core Bulu+Mew. Heatran because of Mew and it puts up rocks and is a goog Fairy and psychic check, it's so good with grassy terrain like mew. Toxapex is an tha let me check zard y and some setup sweepers. Zard Y destroys almost everything and it's a really good wallbreaker that Tapu Bulu with fast Mew and steel types like fast heatran. Garchomp checks Volcarona an vives me some speed control.

Grassium Z is the best set of Bulu atm in myopinion. It runs enough speed to outspeed defensive mew. I lik fast mew because it burns band zyg and offensive lando. Zard Y can runs eq to check subtran better. Toxapex can run shed shell to check zard y + duggy better.

The main threat of the team is MPinsir and subtoxic Tran is also quite annoying to play around.

If you have any suggestions for this team, please , let me know

Last edited:
Mega Lopunny + Volcarona balanced
Introduction: This is a ou team which I am playing with for awhile and is doing quite well for me. This is my first bazaar post so bare with me ^_^

I wanted to try out one of the new megas so I started with lop. I decided to make a balanced team with it. Then I added volcarona cause it was a top tier threat and seemed to compel lop really well! It's offensive typing synergised well with lop. The core was getting frail so I added mantine. It provided defog support which is mandatory on a volcarona team and checked threats like opposing volcarona, mega zard y, mega zam, most SpAttackers, rain teams and setup sweepers. 96 speed IVs are to outspeed adamant max speed azu and haze before it hits. Now this team auto lost to stalls, so I needed a wallbreaker. I added lando because he can check alot of physical attackers for team aswell as murder most stall builds. The set might look a bit weird but it's adjusted according to what my team needs. It gets past of unaware mons pretty easily. I still needed a secondary measure to stalls builds and alowak seemed to fit in here. It also checked magearna, koko and bolt beam combo for the team. Lastly I needed a rock setter, and ferrothorn seemed good. It checked rain teams with mantine, lando (not sd variants), physical hard hitters and was useful for scouting out moves with protect. It can be replaced by a scarfer, but our team would be frail and if we make our lando defensive our stall matchup is p bad.​

Mega Pinsir - Threat level: Very High - Mega Pinsir can be a pain to play around if it carries cc over quake. After one Sd it kinda cleans my entire team :/ Our best bet would be to sack a mon to bring alowak safely (if it's cc) and then kill it will fire punch.

Keldeo - Threat level: Pretty High If it tends to carry stone edge / scald / hydro pump / secret sword it can score a super effective move on my every member! Uh our best bet would be to outpredict our opponent and switch to corresponding move.

Mega Medicham - Threat Level:Medium Mega Medi: It depends on its moveset which memeber of my team checks it. If it isn't carrying t punch, mantine can kinda take some hits. If it ain't carrying ice Punch, lando is there and if it ain't carrying Zen headbutt alowak checks it. Try to scout out his moves before versing him.

Protean Greninja - Threat Level:Bit lower than medium If it carries hp fire / gunk shot / ice beam / rock slide it could give a trouble to the team. Usually it carries scarf with rock slide so not a big threat. Best bet would be to switch lando on a predicted gunk shot and then switch in to mantine to stall it out with scald and lo damage. It can be revenge killed by lopunny however if mantine is pressured too much.

Rain Teams - Threat level:Medium Low every team hates rain teams a bit right? So does this. You are usually p safe via mantine plus ferrothorn, but if mega pert carries stone edge, it's threatening. But if you play around carefully, you should be fine.

These are threats I have in my mind feel free to point out what I forgot :)

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
I just got adviced that opening a new thread for this is not welcomed, and that I should instead use another thread, like this, for it. Hence:

Morning ladies,
I ended up not playing in OURPL, so thought I might as well dump some of the Teams I made to prepare for it + some older ones that I still had lying around. I'm not a ben gay or ABR, so don't expect any metagame revolutions, but I hope this thread is still useful for new players and/or people looking for "new" Teams and/or Inspiration. Big shoutout to Talah/Eternam, Hayburner and Playerw17 who helped me a lot by discussing some mon, set and spread choices for hours.
Some generic Things that you'll see on all of my Teams are:

- Mons that have no Special attacks will have 0 SpA IVs. This has no practical use, because there's no Special Version of Foul Play, and is just one of my quirks
- All my Mons that can be female, will be. This is a relic from late ORAS ScoliPass, which was using Attract on Scolipede; and since there are more relevant auto-male Mons than auto-female, those Scolipdes were all female. Nowadays it doesn't really have any practical use anymore, since Attract isn't used on any competitive Teams, but there's still no reason NOT to do it, since you don't lose anything, and even if you face Attract once in a Million battles, might as well be prepared for it. An exception to this rule are, for example, mons like Greninja, which should be male to leave your Opponent guessing if it's Battle Bond or not, etc.
- All my clerics will have Aromatherapy over Heal Bell. The reason for this, is that there are several Mons that learn Heal Bell + Imprison, but no mon that learns Aromatherapy + Imprison. Just as with the attract Argument, this has almost no practical use since Imprison isn't a relevant move, but again, there's no reason not to do it, so might as well be prepared for it. Exceptions to this are Mons that have another move or ability that isn't legal with Aromatherapy, like Blissey with Wish for example.
- Some newer Players might wonder why some of my Mons run 252 HP EVs and some run 248. This is usually based on entry hazard and/or Status damage. Certain HP numbers will result in one more Point of damage when switching in on Hazards for the first or second time compared to others. If you want to calculate this for yourself on other Mons, just use this calculation pathing:
1.: Divide the HP value by the the fraction of damage a mon with this type combination takes from the hazard in question
2.: Subtract the result of 1. from your max HP value
3.: Subtract the result of 1. from the result of 2. This simulates the second switchin.
Repeat this process with the other starting HP value, 248 or 252 respectively, depending on what you used for the first runthrough. If the results of 3. are the same as in the first runthrough, it means that giving this mon 252 HP EVs will effectively result in one more Point of damage taken if you Switch into a hazard twice, and should therefore not be used. If the results are different in both runthroughs, the choice is yours and should be made according to other Arguments, like leftovers jumppoints, the existance of certain statboosting items like Eviolite or Assault Vest, or the simple desire of wanting that Little extra EVs in a certain stat.

Now to the Teams themselves. I'll give a short Explanation to Things that might seem odd or are simply out of the norm, but I'll try not to make this 10 RMTs in one.

Part 1: "Active" Teams. These are the ones I specifically prepared for OURPL and the most recent ones I've built. They're up to date to tackle the newest meta Trends. I tested them in scrims and on ladder and got to 1850-1900 on 3 accounts without much effort, mostly just taking one overnight session to do it.

DoubleTrap DoubleShed Stall:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Dugtrio (F) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Substitute

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Whirlwind

Toxapex (F) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Infestation
- Recover
- Toxic

This Team was built as a Variation of the current "Default" Stall, to give People a better direct matchup to threats at the cost of having less Options to Play aggressively and shorten games by making Plays or stacking multiple Hazards. Bulu was Chosen over Tangrowth because it provides an actual switchin to Lele, which, despite its decrease in usage, is still a massive threat to stall; removing the Need to trap it with Dugtrio, especially considering that most of them run Shed Shell. It also still deals with Things Tangrowth is most commonly used for, such as Koko, Fini and Zygarde, while also providing some passive recovery for Mons like MSab and Chansey. Due to Grassy Terrain weakening EQ, and the fact that it's almost impossible to completely Keep Hazards off the field nowadays, Dugtrio was Chosen to be Ground-Z over Sash to still have enough firepower in Terrain. It also helps deal with some threats that EQ alone can't, Terrain or not. MSab is max SPD, to stop protean Greninja from freely spiking on the Team, and because in reality, there's nothing you'd Need max def, or the mixed spread for, unless you fucked up somewhere and Need an emergency check. Chansey is near max HP, because the max SPD set is absolute trash and does nothing that this spread can't, but is a lot weaker to Pursuit and mixed attackers or Psyshock. Toxapex was Chosen over Quagsire or Clef, because while not having Unaware seems weird, you still have Haze and WW on bulu. Thapex is also a second switchin to Char-y and Volc if Chansey gets trapped by Dugtrio which those cores usually run, and is mostly SPD invested. To prevent itself from being trapped, it also runs Shed Shell over Black Sludge, since the lack of passive recovery from that rarely mattes with Regenerator, Recover and potentially Grassy Terrain. The set is the "stallbreaker" set, which can trap and remove fat Mons like AV Tang, Chansey, Fini, etc. This choice makes the team a bit weaker to Char-X, but this has becomee rarer and rarer nowadays and you can just spam Haze on it until it kills you and then RK with Duggy. Dugtrio is the usual set, Substitute to fuck with Sucker Punch users and Z moves, and IVs to bring it t 201 HP, letting it Sub 4 times or take 2 Seismic Tosses and ending up at 1 HP for a max BP Reversal. Skarm set is also Standard and is the only set and spread that gives you a Chance of beating Rock Z Lando... if you win four 50/50s in a row...

M-Venu Balance

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Spikes
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

This is an upgrade of the old Venu/Celest/Zyg Balance cores that have been popping up since early SM. Balance is in a weird state right now, since you are basically trying to cover the majority of the metagame's threats in only 3-4 defensive Slots, when even full Stall can't handle everything in 6. Nonetheless, this core, with the Addition of Balance
's new-found Lord and Savior, Mew, Comes pretty Close. MVenu runs Leech Seed over Giga Drain, to be able to check all non-CM variants of Magearna, as well as everything else it normally checks, like Ash Ninja, Koko, etc. Celesteela is physdef to handle Pinsir and other threatening Mons, with EQ over Slam to hit Heatran on the Switch. This is especially important since Zygarde is CB over SubCoil, which means it can't directly Switch in on Heatran, as other sets. Mew runs 112+ Speed to outspeed Zygardes and all non-max Speed + positive nature'd Landos to burn or damage them with Ice Beam. Clef runs rocks to help with the Stall matchup, and Toxic complements that, although this moveslot is really variable; knock off, TWave, Flamethrower and CM are all viable Options. Choice Scarf Greninja was used in the last Slot, since I needed a reliable revenge killer, especially for Things like Zard-y and Volc, but be careful about Dugtrio, a common Partner to those Mons, which can take Advantage of a rock-locked greninja. It can also set up Spikes due to the sheer amount of Switches it Forces, which the Team can take Advantage of, especially with double Leech Seeds forcing even more Switches.

M-Bro Semistall

Amoonguss (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Slowbro (F) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Slack Off

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost

A Color scheme straight out of ILPM's mind! This Team was based around M-Bro as a Pivot and Tank, and basically every mon on it Supports MBro somehow. 3 Attacks Bro can not just wall the most threatening physical attackers, but also hit most of them back with a super effective coverage move. Amoonguss is a nice check to threatening electric types like Koko, removes TSpikes, which Limit Mbro a lot, just by switching in, and provides a lot of Utility with Clear Smog and Spore. It also forms a Regenerator core with Mbro. Chansey Acts as the Special Counterpart to MBro and handles the Special attackers Amoonguss can't, as well as getting rid of Status for Mbro. Ttar can check and beat threatening Ghost types 1v1, and remove Chansey which is a Problem for the rest of the Team. It also generally Acts as the team's wallbreaker to make up for MBros lack of firepower. Clef is another way to help with the stall matchup and can double up as a win con with CM later. Magic Guard was Chosen since it fits this Team better than Unaware, and most Setup sweepers can be handled otherwise. Zapdos defogs, helps with Pinsir and can PP stall Things with Pressure if it Comes down to that.

DoubleDefog Balance:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 196 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost
- Scald

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Another Balance Team based on a different core. Torn-T is a greatly underrated mon and can work wonders against any archetype. M-Zor is a nice defensive Pivot and can defog for Torn-T, since rocks greatly Limits it's ability to Switch into threats. Mew is just Overall an insanely helpful mon for Balance and has been described above already. Mantine was a nice Addition to this Team, since it helps with Char-y, Volc, and, with this spread, both Ash and Prot Ninja. Adding another SR weakness to the Team, I actually decided to run double Defog with it too, and it worked out great tbh. Having TornT and Mantine on the Team also allows me to run a slower scarfer than most other Teams, and Lando fits great, being able to RK a lot of threats, like Gyarados for example. Bulu is insane role compression for this Team and Acts as a late game sweeper + switchin to threatening Electrics on this Team.

Part2: "Outdated" Teams: These are some older Teams that have given me great success, but were built before certain bans or metagame Trends. I'm convinced they can still be made viable with some minor adaptations to the Teams and/or sets, so feel free to take this as a base for your own innovations, and please share the results with me!

WonderTrio Stall:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Dugtrio (F) @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
IVs: 20 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 17 SpD
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Encore
- Recover
- Scald

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

This is propably the most infamous Team I've ever built, and it's the updated Version of one of my old RMTs. It has been used to success on both the ladder by People like Cartoon or myself, and in tournaments like SPL by Leftiez, after which he was falsely attributed to have created this Team. A simple look at my RMT and replays, or asking ILPM, who was involved in the teambuilding process should clear Things up though. Sab, Chansey and Skarm have been talked about earlier in this thread, and Duggy should be selfexplaining for Stall. The spread is Standard for Sash Duggy, 0 Def, 17 SPD and 20 HP IVs with 4 HP EVs and a Hasty nature allows Duggy to be brought down to Sash, and therefore a max BP Reversal, as fast as possible, while at the same time surviving 2 Seismic Tosses, and a Lava Plume from Utility tran including the burn. Sucker Punch was ran over Screech to deal with Metagross, which was still a roll, despite in my favor. Shedinja is the star of this Team, walling everyone and their mother if they didnt have Status, weather or a SE move. The prime examples were Pheromosa, non-pursuit Metagross', Koko, most Kartanas and most Magearnas. Since everything that can hit it, will kill it, there's no Need for any Investment in hp, def or SPD. Shadow Ball was the main offensive move and is Chosen Over the stronger Shadow Claw or priority Shadow Sneak because Iron Barbs, Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet damage would kill it, and the damage difference doesn't matter. A Rash nature is used to win the really niche matchup vs Ditto, considering your Sash is still intact. 156 Spe EVs are to underspeed Clefable by 1 Point, allowing this Team to forcefully PP Stall it with Dugtrio and Baton Pass. Quagsire has Unaware for Char-X etc., and deals with Zygarde which could toxic Shed. Encore can shut down a lot of Mons and is nice Utility. Shedinja is propably not viable anymore, with the rise of Tyranitar and ist Mega form, as well as Veil HO, but if you still want to use it, the Speed Tier doesnt matter since Baton Pass is banned, running a bug move or Shadow Sneak could work, even Toxic in some cases. Safety Goggles might be a niche Option, but giving up Focus Sash might hurt more than Goggles help. Oh and that will most likely upset the most People, is the fact that this Team doesn't run Rocks. This is the result of some week-long Brainstorming and theorycrafting with ILPM, after which we came to the conclusion that some Teams, including this, and his original Version of the mega-less Double Defog Stall, can get away with not using them, as the reliable Option of directly beating certain threats is worth more to them then "just" speeding up the game for a few turns.

Zygarde Balance:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Tangrowth (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

This Team was built with a lot of advice and doublechecking with Hayburner during the process, and ironically, it turned out almost exactly the same like one of his Teams, without me seeing his Team before. There are some differences in sets and spreads, but the Overall concept is the same. It revolves around voltturning in and out of checks while slowly wearing down the Opponent or Setting up a sweep with SubCoil Zygarde. Bronzong was a nice check for offensive Landos and Metagross versions, should M-Zor get worn down too much. The rest is pretty Standard, or at least was at that time, and I think the Team can mostly be run like this with some minor changes like Celest over Bronzong, FastDos over Defog, and Utility Zor over SD. Also make sure to alter spreads to adapt to meta Trends, like running 28 def on Tangrowth to tank +1 Devastating Drakes from Zygarde, etc.

M-Hera Sand Balance:

EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Heracross (F) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

This is one of my ORAS Teams, and was actually the first "legit" Team I've ever built after starting to become interested in competitive Pokemon, but is nonetheless more than viable up till today. ABR was both a big influence as well as a great help while Building this Team, and I owe him a lot for explaining to me how stuff works and why x would be better than y, etc. Without him or Albacore, this Team wouldn't have happened, and I'd still be trying to revive gen4 TSS Teams nowadays. The Team itself is a classic Sand Team, revolving around removing or weakening Excadrills checks and then sweeping with it in Sand, having his Speed doubled. Amoonguss checks bulky Waters and provides Utility, Rotom-W checks lando, Skarm and other flying/ground walls, Clef provides even more Utility, helps with Stall and provides a secondary win condition as well as Speed Control. Heracross is my main wallbreaker since I wanted something "out of the norm", so Char-y wasn't really an Option, even though I of Course considered it. Substitute was run on it to provide a buffer against Status, and because I felt like even without SD I'll dent Teams enough to clean up later. TTar was the Standard Support set back then, with Chople Berry to check Char-y. Excadrill as my only hazard removal was fine, since my Team really isn't bothered by rocks too much.

-----

That was it for now, I obviously have a lot more teams, but most others are either too "generic", aka not interesting enough to be shared, or I received them from other players and hence don't want to share them without their consent. Nonetheless, I hope you had fun reading it, and maybe I was able to help some Players with providing an interesting teeam for them, or giving them some tips they didn't know about. Also again, if you get inspired to build your own stuff based upon These Teams, please share them here, I'd love to see the result! Something to add: I don't save too many replays of my games, but will go through some of them later to see if there are some worth sharing.

For the last part, some Shoutouts:
- ABR and Albacore, for getting me started with competitive Pokemon and showing inhuman Levels of Patience for my infinite questions.
- Hayburner, Playerw17, I love Pink Mons and Talah for being great advisors and Brainstorming for hours with me about Teams and strategies.
- SavyJayJane for always supporting me, no matter the Situation ;D

PS: My apologies for the sprites, idk why the gen7 Mons are so big, I took them all from the same site :/ Gonna try to find a way to fix it

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
I just got adviced that opening a new thread for this is not welcomed, and that I should instead use another thread, like this, for it. Hence:

Morning ladies,
I ended up not playing in OURPL, so thought I might as well dump some of the Teams I made to prepare for it + some older ones that I still had lying around. I'm not a ben gay or ABR, so don't expect any metagame revolutions, but I hope this thread is still useful for new players and/or people looking for "new" Teams and/or Inspiration. Big shoutout to Talah/Eternam, Hayburner and Playerw17 who helped me a lot by discussing some mon, set and spread choices for hours.

- Mons that have no Special attacks will have 0 SpA IVs. This has no practical use, because there's no Special Version of Foul Play, and is just one of my quirks
- All my Mons that can be female, will be. This is a relic from late ORAS ScoliPass, which was using Attract on Scolipede; and since there are more relevant auto-male Mons than auto-female, those Scolipdes were all female. Nowadays it doesn't really have any practical use anymore, since Attract isn't used on any competitive Teams, but there's still no reason NOT to do it, since you don't lose anything, and even if you face Attract once in a Million battles, might as well be prepared for it. An exception to this rule are, for example, mons like Greninja, which should be male to leave your Opponent guessing if it's Battle Bond or not, etc.
- All my clerics will have Aromatherapy over Heal Bell. The reason for this, is that there are several Mons that learn Heal Bell + Imprison, but no mon that learns Aromatherapy + Imprison. Just as with the attract Argument, this has almost no practical use since Imprison isn't a relevant move, but again, there's no reason not to do it, so might as well be prepared for it. Exceptions to this are Mons that have another move or ability that isn't legal with Aromatherapy, like Blissey with Wish for example.
- Some newer Players might wonder why some of my Mons run 252 HP EVs and some run 248. This is usually based on entry hazard and/or Status damage. Certain HP numbers will result in one more Point of damage when switching in on Hazards for the first or second time compared to others. If you want to calculate this for yourself on other Mons, just use this calculation pathing:
1.: Divide the HP value by the the fraction of damage a mon with this type combination takes from the hazard in question
3.: Subtract the result of 1. from the result of 2. This simulates the second switchin.
Repeat this process with the other starting HP value, 248 or 252 respectively, depending on what you used for the first runthrough. If the results of 3. are the same as in the first runthrough, it means that giving this mon 252 HP EVs will effectively result in one more Point of damage taken if you Switch into a hazard twice, and should therefore not be used. If the results are different in both runthroughs, the choice is yours and should be made according to other Arguments, like leftovers jumppoints, the existance of certain statboosting items like Eviolite or Assault Vest, or the simple desire of wanting that Little extra EVs in a certain stat.

Now to the Teams themselves. I'll give a short Explanation to Things that might seem odd or are simply out of the norm, but I'll try not to make this 10 RMTs in one.

Part 1: "Active" Teams. These are the ones I specifically prepared for OURPL and the most recent ones I've built. They're up to date to tackle the newest meta Trends. I tested them in scrims and on ladder and got to 1850-1900 on 3 accounts without much effort, mostly just taking one overnight session to do it.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Substitute

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Whirlwind

Toxapex (F) @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Infestation
- Recover
- Toxic

This Team was built as a Variation of the current "Default" Stall, to give People a better direct matchup to threats at the cost of having less Options to Play aggressively and shorten games by making Plays or stacking multiple Hazards. Bulu was Chosen over Tangrowth because it provides an actual switchin to Lele, which, despite its decrease in usage, is still a massive threat to stall; removing the Need to trap it with Dugtrio, especially considering that most of them run Shed Shell. It also still deals with Things Tangrowth is most commonly used for, such as Koko, Fini and Zygarde, while also providing some passive recovery for Mons like MSab and Chansey. Due to Grassy Terrain weakening EQ, and the fact that it's almost impossible to completely Keep Hazards off the field nowadays, Dugtrio was Chosen to be Ground-Z over Sash to still have enough firepower in Terrain. It also helps deal with some threats that EQ alone can't, Terrain or not. MSab is max SPD, to stop protean Greninja from freely spiking on the Team, and because in reality, there's nothing you'd Need max def, or the mixed spread for, unless you fucked up somewhere and Need an emergency check. Chansey is near max HP, because the max SPD set is absolute trash and does nothing that this spread can't, but is a lot weaker to Pursuit and mixed attackers or Psyshock. Toxapex was Chosen over Quagsire or Clef, because while not having Unaware seems weird, you still have Haze and WW on bulu. Thapex is also a second switchin to Char-y and Volc if Chansey gets trapped by Dugtrio which those cores usually run, and is mostly SPD invested. To prevent itself from being trapped, it also runs Shed Shell over Black Sludge, since the lack of passive recovery from that rarely mattes with Regenerator, Recover and potentially Grassy Terrain. The set is the "stallbreaker" set, which can trap and remove fat Mons like AV Tang, Chansey, Fini, etc. This choice makes the team a bit weaker to Char-X, but this has becomee rarer and rarer nowadays and you can just spam Haze on it until it kills you and then RK with Duggy. Dugtrio is the usual set, Substitute to fuck with Sucker Punch users and Z moves, and IVs to bring it t 201 HP, letting it Sub 4 times or take 2 Seismic Tosses and ending up at 1 HP for a max BP Reversal. Skarm set is also Standard and is the only set and spread that gives you a Chance of beating Rock Z Lando... if you win four 50/50s in a row...

M-Venu Balance

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Spikes
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp

Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

This is an upgrade of the old Venu/Celest/Zyg Balance cores that have been popping up since early SM. Balance is in a weird state right now, since you are basically trying to cover the majority of the metagame's threats in only 3-4 defensive Slots, when even full Stall can't handle everything in 6. Nonetheless, this core, with the Addition of Balance
's new-found Lord and Savior, Mew, Comes pretty Close. MVenu runs Leech Seed over Giga Drain, to be able to check all non-CM variants of Magearna, as well as everything else it normally checks, like Ash Ninja, Koko, etc. Celesteela is physdef to handle Pinsir and other threatening Mons, with EQ over Slam to hit Heatran on the Switch. This is especially important since Zygarde is CB over SubCoil, which means it can't directly Switch in on Heatran, as other sets. Mew runs 112+ Speed to outspeed Zygardes and all non-max Speed + positive nature'd Landos to burn or damage them with Ice Beam. Clef runs rocks to help with the Stall matchup, and Toxic complements that, although this moveslot is really variable; knock off, TWave, Flamethrower and CM are all viable Options. Choice Scarf Greninja was used in the last Slot, since I needed a reliable revenge killer, especially for Things like Zard-y and Volc, but be careful about Dugtrio, a common Partner to those Mons, which can take Advantage of a rock-locked greninja. It can also set up Spikes due to the sheer amount of Switches it Forces, which the Team can take Advantage of, especially with double Leech Seeds forcing even more Switches.

M-Bro Semistall

Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Slack Off

Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost

A Color scheme straight out of ILPM's mind! This Team was based around M-Bro as a Pivot and Tank, and basically every mon on it Supports MBro somehow. 3 Attacks Bro can not just wall the most threatening physical attackers, but also hit most of them back with a super effective coverage move. Amoonguss is a nice check to threatening electric types like Koko, removes TSpikes, which Limit Mbro a lot, just by switching in, and provides a lot of Utility with Clear Smog and Spore. It also forms a Regenerator core with Mbro. Chansey Acts as the Special Counterpart to MBro and handles the Special attackers Amoonguss can't, as well as getting rid of Status for Mbro. Ttar can check and beat threatening Ghost types 1v1, and remove Chansey which is a Problem for the rest of the Team. It also generally Acts as the team's wallbreaker to make up for MBros lack of firepower. Clef is another way to help with the stall matchup and can double up as a win con with CM later. Magic Guard was Chosen since it fits this Team better than Unaware, and most Setup sweepers can be handled otherwise. Zapdos defogs, helps with Pinsir and can PP stall Things with Pressure if it Comes down to that.

DoubleDefog Balance:

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost
- Scald

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Another Balance Team based on a different core. Torn-T is a greatly underrated mon and can work wonders against any archetype. M-Zor is a nice defensive Pivot and can defog for Torn-T, since rocks greatly Limits it's ability to Switch into threats. Mew is just Overall an insanely helpful mon for Balance and has been described above already. Mantine was a nice Addition to this Team, since it helps with Char-y, Volc, and, with this spread, both Ash and Prot Ninja. Adding another SR weakness to the Team, I actually decided to run double Defog with it too, and it worked out great tbh. Having TornT and Mantine on the Team also allows me to run a slower scarfer than most other Teams, and Lando fits great, being able to RK a lot of threats, like Gyarados for example. Bulu is insane role compression for this Team and Acts as a late game sweeper + switchin to threatening Electrics on this Team.

Part2: "Outdated" Teams: These are some older Teams that have given me great success, but were built before certain bans or metagame Trends. I'm convinced they can still be made viable with some minor adaptations to the Teams and/or sets, so feel free to take this as a base for your own innovations, and please share the results with me!

WonderTrio Stall:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Dugtrio (F) @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Encore
- Recover
- Scald

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Rash Nature
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

This is propably the most infamous Team I've ever built, and it's the updated Version of one of my old RMTs. It has been used to success on both the ladder by People like Cartoon or myself, and in tournaments like SPL by Leftiez, after which he was falsely attributed to have created this Team. A simple look at my RMT and replays, or asking ILPM, who was involved in the teambuilding process should clear Things up though. Sab, Chansey and Skarm have been talked about earlier in this thread, and Duggy should be selfexplaining for Stall. The spread is Standard for Sash Duggy, 0 Def, 17 SPD and 20 HP IVs with 4 HP EVs and a Hasty nature allows Duggy to be brought down to Sash, and therefore a max BP Reversal, as fast as possible, while at the same time surviving 2 Seismic Tosses, and a Lava Plume from Utility tran including the burn. Sucker Punch was ran over Screech to deal with Metagross, which was still a roll, despite in my favor. Shedinja is the star of this Team, walling everyone and their mother if they didnt have Status, weather or a SE move. The prime examples were Pheromosa, non-pursuit Metagross', Koko, most Kartanas and most Magearnas. Since everything that can hit it, will kill it, there's no Need for any Investment in hp, def or SPD. Shadow Ball was the main offensive move and is Chosen Over the stronger Shadow Claw or priority Shadow Sneak because Iron Barbs, Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet damage would kill it, and the damage difference doesn't matter. A Rash nature is used to win the really niche matchup vs Ditto, considering your Sash is still intact. 156 Spe EVs are to underspeed Clefable by 1 Point, allowing this Team to forcefully PP Stall it with Dugtrio and Baton Pass. Quagsire has Unaware for Char-X etc., and deals with Zygarde which could toxic Shed. Encore can shut down a lot of Mons and is nice Utility. Shedinja is propably not viable anymore, with the rise of Tyranitar and ist Mega form, as well as Veil HO, but if you still want to use it, the Speed Tier doesnt matter since Baton Pass is banned, running a bug move or Shadow Sneak could work, even Toxic in some cases. Safety Goggles might be a niche Option, but giving up Focus Sash might hurt more than Goggles help. Oh and that will most likely upset the most People, is the fact that this Team doesn't run Rocks. This is the result of some week-long Brainstorming and theorycrafting with ILPM, after which we came to the conclusion that some Teams, including this, and his original Version of the mega-less Double Defog Stall, can get away with not using them, as the reliable Option of directly beating certain threats is worth more to them then "just" speeding up the game for a few turns.

Zygarde Balance:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

This Team was built with a lot of advice and doublechecking with Hayburner during the process, and ironically, it turned out almost exactly the same like one of his Teams, without me seeing his Team before. There are some differences in sets and spreads, but the Overall concept is the same. It revolves around voltturning in and out of checks while slowly wearing down the Opponent or Setting up a sweep with SubCoil Zygarde. Bronzong was a nice check for offensive Landos and Metagross versions, should M-Zor get worn down too much. The rest is pretty Standard, or at least was at that time, and I think the Team can mostly be run like this with some minor changes like Celest over Bronzong, FastDos over Defog, and Utility Zor over SD. Also make sure to alter spreads to adapt to meta Trends, like running 28 def on Tangrowth to tank +1 Devastating Drakes from Zygarde, etc.

M-Hera Sand Balance:

Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

This is one of my ORAS Teams, and was actually the first "legit" Team I've ever built after starting to become interested in competitive Pokemon, but is nonetheless more than viable up till today. ABR was both a big influence as well as a great help while Building this Team, and I owe him a lot for explaining to me how stuff works and why x would be better than y, etc. Without him or Albacore, this Team wouldn't have happened, and I'd still be trying to revive gen4 TSS Teams nowadays. The Team itself is a classic Sand Team, revolving around removing or weakening Excadrills checks and then sweeping with it in Sand, having his Speed doubled. Amoonguss checks bulky Waters and provides Utility, Rotom-W checks lando, Skarm and other flying/ground walls, Clef provides even more Utility, helps with Stall and provides a secondary win condition as well as Speed Control. Heracross is my main wallbreaker since I wanted something "out of the norm", so Char-y wasn't really an Option, even though I of Course considered it. Substitute was run on it to provide a buffer against Status, and because I felt like even without SD I'll dent Teams enough to clean up later. TTar was the Standard Support set back then, with Chople Berry to check Char-y. Excadrill as my only hazard removal was fine, since my Team really isn't bothered by rocks too much.

-----

That was it for now, I obviously have a lot more teams, but most others are either too "generic", aka not interesting enough to be shared, or I received them from other players and hence don't want to share them without their consent. Nonetheless, I hope you had fun reading it, and maybe I was able to help some Players with providing an interesting teeam for them, or giving them some tips they didn't know about. Also again, if you get inspired to build your own stuff based upon These Teams, please share them here, I'd love to see the result! Something to add: I don't save too many replays of my games, but will go through some of them later to see if there are some worth sharing.

- ABR and Albacore, for getting me started with competitive Pokemon and showing inhuman Levels of Patience for my infinite questions.
- Hayburner, Playerw17, I love Pink Mons and Talah for being great advisors and Brainstorming for hours with me about Teams and strategies.

PS: My apologies for the sprites, idk why the gen7 Mons are so big, I took them all from the same site :/ Gonna try to find a way to fix it
Cool teams but your first team dosen't have a toxapex sprite

Morning ladies,

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Substitute

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Whirlwind

Toxapex (F) @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Infestation
- Recover
- Toxic

M-Venu Balance

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Spikes
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp

Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

M-Bro Semistall

Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Slack Off

Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost

DoubleDefog Balance:

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost
- Scald

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt

WonderTrio Stall:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Dugtrio (F) @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Encore
- Recover
- Scald

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Rash Nature
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Zygarde Balance:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

M-Hera Sand Balance:

Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

-----

Use this for sprites: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/ just copy paste your team in there and use the sprites from there

Cool teams but your first team dosen't have a toxapex sprite
Use this for sprites: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/ just copy paste your team in there and use the sprites from there
Done and done, thank you! But now there is no Bulu Sprite... I'll fix that too somehow

Meanwhile, some replays:

1.: M-Bro SemiStall vs "that dude who peaks with Talonflame Stall" on the ladder... honestly, no idea what his main Name is, guess I call him TalonOwn. Included some hax, but should still be easy to see how to Play this matchup
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-603737642

2.: Dbl Defog Balance vs Jet in a room tour. Some good predictions net me an early lead. Please ignore my salt at the end of the game...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-604306077

3.: Bulu Stall vs Lysergic in a room tour final. Before anyone asks, I'm Aware of the calcs vs Chandelure, and the fact it has Trick. But it was his win condition and he let me render it virtually useless in the first 3 turns. An easy prediction of the double rocks sealed the deal.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-604287387

4.: Shed Stall vs Obliviate. This is Marshall Law using my Team in SPL. He lost in the end, and had an interesting way of piloting it, definitely a lot different to how I run it. Still, the replays Shows some of the core concepts I've talked about.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-257476

5.: Zygarde Balance in a room tour. Not exactly the best battle, but as I said, I don't have too many good ones saved. Still Shows quite well how the Team handled certain metagame Trends a that time.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-546097865

6.: MVenu Balance vs Hikxn, I've had a pretty bad start, but was able to turn it nonetheless... not without some massive help by everyone's favorite OU ground type Lando Zygarde
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-601305091

I couldn't for the love of god find a decent replay for that sand Team, so bear with me...

I made this fun team, would anyone like to try it/give me their thoughts? The team is actually better than it looks but it could use some improvement. Its got some pretty big threats so if you make good doubles you usually get a kill. Let me know what you guys think. I'm a decent player but new to building so go easy on me please!

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Tapu Bulu + Mew & Zard Y Balance

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast/Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge/Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

The team is built around the core Bulu+Mew. Heatran because of Mew and it puts up rocks and is a goog Fairy and psychic check, it's so good with grassy terrain like mew. Toxapex is an tha let me check zard y and some setup sweepers. Zard Y destroys almost everything and it's a really good wallbreaker that Tapu Bulu with fast Mew and steel types like fast heatran. Garchomp checks Volcarona an vives me some speed control.

Grassium Z is the best set of Bulu atm in myopinion. It runs enough speed to outspeed defensive mew. I lik fast mew because it burns band zyg and offensive lando. Zard Y can runs eq to check subtran better. Toxapex can run shed shell to check zard y + duggy better.

The main threat of the team is MPinsir and subtoxic Tran is also quite annoying to play around.

If you have any suggestions for this team, please , let me know
Mew does now runs enough speed for jolly bisharp at least, going as fast as choice banded zygarde. Run max speed jolly if u want to creep mews imo. Also toxic>dragon claw/outrage because u want to toxic lando

Felixx

I'm back.
I made this fun team, would anyone like to try it/give me their thoughts? The team is actually better than it looks but it could use some improvement. Its got some pretty big threats so if you make good doubles you usually get a kill. Let me know what you guys think. I'm a decent player but new to building so go easy on me please!

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
First off, you put experts belt on gren because of protean's amazing coverage, hitting a large portion of the metagame for super effective, this dosen't work the same with ash-gren, especially since it's running spikes over ice beam, i'd recommend z-move if you hate being choice locked, i also don't get why you need flare blitz on entei, bulldoze hits heatran which is an important target these days, the venusaur dosen't need giga drain, swap it for hp fire, your running speed to outspeed mawile for a reason, that's about it, maybe put swords dance on lando and drop the u-turn and put it on mandibuzz, but that's preference, good luck team building!

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
Some Things to note:

- Expert Belt isn't worth it on Ash Ninja, you dont have Stab coverage like Prot does. And even on Protean it's a mediocre item and outclassed by Scarf and Life Orb. If you're really sold on either idea though, either run specs if you want to Keep it Battle Bond, or Change it to Protean if you want to Keep the EBelt

- I know it seems off at first sight not to run Giga Drain, but without Leech Seed, M-Venu can't check Magearna effectively, which is one of the main reasons why it's getting a lot more popular lately.

- Kyurem is a meh scarfer and Mandibuzz is a meh Defogger, Latios and Mew are solid Options for those 2 Slots as an example

Thanks for the help! I made some of your guys changes and did some testing. I changed Greninja, gave Lando SD, and Entei got bulldoze for Heatran. I think its a bit Greninja weak so I'll keep playing around with it. By the way I'm only using lesser seen mons because I get bored of running the standard all the time, but these aren't that obscure anyway.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Thanks for the help! I made some of your guys changes and did some testing. I changed Greninja, gave Lando SD, and Entei got bulldoze for Heatran. I think its a bit Greninja weak so I'll keep playing around with it. By the way I'm only using lesser seen mons because I get bored of running the standard all the time, but these aren't that obscure anyway.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
Very cool team! A couple things though: Mew > Mandibuzz. This change is mainly due to your lack of a safe switch in to Medicham. You still retain defog and a strong Phys wall while making up for a few big weaknesses. You have no lele switchin or latios, Greninja, Tornadus, pinsir, gengar, Mimikyu switch in, so I'd replace Landorus with Celesteela. This team now has no rocks and loses to stall and nobody likes losing to stall so I'd run Marowak > Entei. Those are my own changes, feel free to not use them, but I think they would improve the team :)

Popeye's $5 Box

Louisiana Fast (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Extra Crispy (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Toxic Spikes

White Meat (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Taunt

Cajun Fries (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Biscuit (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Dark Meat (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey guys, I have a Volt-Turn team that I built around what I call Funfetti Magearna. I wanted to keep a lot of offensive pressure on the opponent and force some switches, so I started with Mega Beedrill with T-Spikes, which helps against bulky threats like Mega Swampert and Chansey. Smack Down Yache Landorus helps with Zapdos, who is soo good right now it's crazy. LO Taunt Koko is a good wall/stall breaker and helps with Celesteela, who can be a pain. Kyu-B is a new addition, but helps with stall as well as bulky waters like Toxapex. Lastly Funfetti Magearna has pretty good coverage with BoltBeam and can spam one of the strongest moves in the game with no drawbacks thanks to Twinkle Tackle + Soul Heart. It's a favorite team of mine and I'd love to make it even better. Thanks :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-601192154

Last edited:
Popeye's $5 Box

Naive Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Toxic Spikes

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey guys, I have a Volt-Turn team that I built around what I call Funfetti Magearna. I wanted to keep a lot of offensive pressure on the opponent and force some switches, so I started with Mega Beedrill with T-Spikes, which helps against bulky threats like Mega Swampert and Chansey. Smack Down Yache Landorus helps with Zapdos, who is soo good right now it's crazy. LO Taunt Koko is a good wall/stall breaker and helps with Celesteela, who can be a pain. Kyu-B is a new addition, but helps with stall as well as bulky waters like Toxapex. Lastly Funfetti Magearna has pretty good coverage with BoltBeam and can spam one of the strongest moves in the game with no drawbacks thanks to Twinkle Tackle + Soul Heart. It's a favorite team of mine and I'd love to make it even better. Thanks :)

Your Keldeo is missing EVs.

Popeye's $5 Box

Naive Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Toxic Spikes

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Some Things to note:
- Keldeo is missing some EVs
- I'm not too sold on the idea of TSpikes on Beedrill, since it will rarely get much opportunity to set it up, with the prevalence of ground types, Skarm etc.
- TR Mag is questionable here, since it might bite you back if you cant sweep during TR and then have to use your other, non-TR-optimized Mons while it's still active. But if you're able to hold it until it's guaranteed to sweep, then sure, I guess. Normal SG or SG + CM should work just as fine though imo
- LO is outdated on Koko, especially since you have great wallbreakers already, I'd rather run Magnet or Iapapa Berry on it

Apart from that, yeah, solid Standard voltturn team

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Brave Bird

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Mega gardevoir balance squad. The general gameplan is to use gardevoir and rockium landorus' wallbreaking potential to setup a clean with lele + spikes. Gardevoir is standard, but im using modest for max damage potential and thunderbolt to hit fini, mantine and celesteela on the switch. Skarmory helps vs alot of physical mons and is my main psychic resist. Toxapex is for fire mons and is part one of the general pivots. Growth is here to help with koko, greninja and to help weaken zygarde a bit for lele or gardevoir.
Team is a bit weak to physical koko and psychic volcarona so if you wanted to run something like scarf greninja with gunk shot and rock slide to revenge said mons you can.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Requesting a team around these 2

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Requesting a team around these 2
Hey, this isn't the right place to request teams, but rather to share some of your own, already finished teams. To request teams, go to the Teambuilding Workshop, it is currently closed, so wait until it is open before you post

Charizard Mega Y Balance

Sup my frens! I really wanted to build a team around one of my favourite mons. Megazard y is a really cool and strong mega, so I decided to build around it. I ended up with this team, which I am using to ladder right now. It is doing well for me. Though there aren't switch ins to all the meta threats, they can be nailed down with a bit of work.
Charizard mega y balance, built around the common zard y + duggy core. Zard y is a forced to be reckoned with, as it have so few switch ins. Duggy is a great partner it, removing threats like heatran, chansey and tyranitar. Groundium z is used to muscle past toxapex and venusaur and give a one time nuke. Latios is choosed over mew cause it's defog + 100+ SpeScarfer + important resists in one slot. Now with zard y + duggy + scarf lati I'm allowed to run slow hard hitters and ttar seemed a great addition, removing lati@s for zard y and providing a lot of immediate power. Dual weather isn't much trouble for our team, sun can be annoying for ferroh, but it's not gonna take a fire type move anyways. Pex was added as a bulky pivot to check threats like both grens (not esense protean), mega hera, kartana and alot of other threats aswell as a check to setup sweepers. Now team was a bit frail so ferrothorn was added was added as a rock setter. It's typing compelled pex really well and check threats like dd mence, chomp and magearna for the team. Threatlist mainly includes hard hitters like specs lele, specs hoopa, band ttar, mega medi etc. But with a bit prediction you can fiddle around them, like switching ferroh into lele's psychic and Moonblast and pex into hp fire. Well, this may not be a good team, but it's doing well for me. Hope you like it! PS, I used flamethrower over fire blast because its better with hp ice, higher pp, accuracy and I get haxed a lot :p, but fire blast is great, too.

Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Screech
- Stone Edge

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Trick

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)