SM OU Team Preview Analysis Workshop v1 (Round 6: Skarm Balance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

approved by Subject 18, bludz, and Celticpride | hosted by dk and starry blanket | cool line-break thingies stolen from TDK's RMT | OP stolen from my ORAS version of the thread

How It Works:

Every week, the hosting team will provide a slate of one to two teams as they would appear at team preview (just sprites). From there, users may post their guesses as to what the team's actual sets are! The general idea is to help build team comp. reading skills to better improve your chances at winning battles from the get-go.
Rules:

1. Standard OU forum rules apply. No flaming/antagonizing please. Also no one liners.
2. You may only post one full guess per team (so you can't suggest 50 different variations of a team and win through trial and error)
3. A "complete" guess consists of listing the following for each team member:
A. Ability
B. Nature
C. Moveset
D. Item
E. Small paragraph description explaining your choices.​
4. Please feel free to PM me if you have a team you would like featured! Please make sure its sets aren't painfully obvious, though!
5. You don't have to post a "complete" guess for each post here. Simply making observations and discussing possibilities freely is perfectly fine.
6. We HIGHLY encourage using the given post formatting code for your posts. The hide tags discourage others from accidentally gleaning and/or stealing ideas from the contents of your posts and should ultimately make each post more unique/personalized.​

Post Formatting (Copy/paste):
Code:
[hide=Importable][/hide][hide=Explanation]Overview:
[INDENT][text goes here][/INDENT]

Things Most Confident Of:
[INDENT][text goes here][/INDENT]

Things Least Confident Of:
[INDENT][text goes here][/INDENT][/hide]

Hall of Fame:

This Week's Team Slate:

dk's VenuTran Balance:

Last edited:
This Week's Team Slate:

dk's Volcarona + Mawile Offense:

dk's Tapu Koko + Mawile Offense:

Happy posting c:

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Recover

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pheromosa @ Black Belt
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Overview:
I'll explain the sets as I added them to the teambuilder so things might be all over the place lol. First I expected Rotom-W to be standard Phys Def because SpDef isn't really that good and you take on Pinsir better which threatens Mosa+Volc. Next I wanted to decide what the form of hazard control was and honestly I was feeling the Spin 3 Attacks Mosa because Mawile loves Spikes and double hazards Ferro+Spin Mosa is pretty cool. Since Mosa was the Spinner Latios had to be the Scarf user. So standard Scarf Latios with Recover for Zard-Y, Black Belt Pheromosa with Spin and Rocks+Spikes Ferrothorn. Mawile and Volcarona were left and I didn't feel the need of Z-Psychium or some random set on Volc because of Mawile so I went with standard Firium-Z with HP Ground and SD Mawile as a secondary wincon.
I'm pretty sold on the Rotom-W set for obvious reasons and I really like the Spin Mosa+Scarf Latios idea, specially because Scarf Mosa can't handle Volc. As I already explained I don't feel the need for any lure z-move on VOlc so the standard set should be it
Double hazards Ferro is a bit rare so I'm ot sure about it but Spikes are so nice with Mawile it has to be it. I can't exactly decide between 4Atks Maw and SD Maw but I chose SD because you don't need to hit much with that 4th coverage move that Volc doesn't handle already and the secondary wincon is always nice because Scarfers that outspeed VOlc are everywhere​

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpA / 152 Spe
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Overview:
First thing I saw out of the ordinary is Rotom-Wash, which isn't really that common nowadays. But if you're running Volcarona and Pheromosa, both of who are vulnerable to Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack as well as +1 Z-Fly from Gyarados/Salamence/Landorus-T, you're gonna need something that can take that. Rotom-Wash with a standard PhysDef spread from ORAS does that well, and also gives a slow pivot to bring in Volc/Pheromosa (especially if it's Sash Mosa, which I don't think it is). Rotom-Wash also handles physical Scarf revenge killers (for Volcarona) like Garchomp and Terrakion fairly well.

With Volcarona (and to a lesser extent Pheromosa), you absolutely need hazard control in the form of Magic Bounce, Rapid Spin, or Defog. This lead me to believe either Latios is packing Defog, or Pheromosa is a Rapid Spin variant. Defog Latios is pretty bad right now-you can't really set up SR versus Ferrothorn or Mold Breaker Excadrill or Heatran, and giving up a slot for Defog means you're walled by something. This means Rapid Spin Pheromosa is the likely hazard removal. RS Pheromosa can be Scarf, or it can be QD with a Z-move, or...well, a lot of things. However, it's unlikely to be Sash Pherm because if you're coming in to spin stuff, your sash gets broken on entry; it's also unlikely to be Z-move Phermososa because then Volcarona would be a bulky variant (as opposed to being the standard Firium Z with HP Ground, QD, Fire Blast, and Giga Drain which is the likely set here), which doesn't really fit this team well since both potential hazard removers are frail and either lack recovery or don't want to use it (if you're running Defog+Recover on Latios, think again). Pheromosa is likely to be a Scarf set with Rapid Spin or a 3 attacks set with Expert Belt (Life Orb is bad if you have to spin I feel) to bluff a Choice Item. Note that this team has issues with speed control for Volcarona, which is outsped and OHKO'd by common Scarfers like Garchomp and Nihilego, which also pose a big threat to non-Scarf Volcarona. As a result, I feel like Scarf Pheromosa with Rapid Spin (Ice Beam for Landorus-T/Garchomp, HJK for STAB, and Bug Buzz in the last slot) is a good fit for this team, although an Expert Belt set is fine too. Because of that, I think Specs Latios (Psyshock/HP Fire/Draco/Trick) complements Scarf Pheromosa pretty well, as it wallbreaks Phermosa/Volcarona answers like Toxapex and Mantine and cripples things like Chansey with Trick, letting Scarf Pherm/Volcarona potentially sweep in the late game.

Speaking of hazard control, Ferrothorn! Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, and Gyro Ball are basically mandatory here, and the item is going to be Leftovers (Rocky Helmet doesn't serve much of a purpose here). Last slot...toss up between Spikes or Power Whip usually. Spikes are great because it lets the sweepers have an easier time, while Power Whip hits....okay, Spikes is probably better. Standard EV spread should be fine.

Last but definitely not least is Mega Mawile. As is, this team has some trouble with Bloom Doom Tran. Rotom gets trapped and obliterated, Phermosa can RK with HJK but cannot switch in safely, Volcarona is checked by it, Latios doesn't really hurt it, and Ferrothorn cries. Sub Punch Mega Mawile (other two moves being Play Rough and Sucker Punch for STAB and speed control respectively) can bait in Heatran or at least force in switches, letting Mawile wear down the opposing team through Sucker Punch or Insert-Move-While-Behind-Substitute, thus paving a way for Volcarona and Phermosa to clean house.
Rotom-Wash, Ferrothorn, and Volcarona's sets are probably spot on or very close, since those are all pretty standard. Spikes and Rocks on Ferro is a bit weird, but this team loves any chip damage it can get so it wouldn't be a stretch IMO. Rapid Spin Phermosa is also pretty solid, at least moreso than Defog Latios.
Choice Scarf Rapid Spin Phermosa isn't very common I think, and it's weird having a Scarfed Sweeper like Pherm with Rapid Spin since you can't really sweep with that move. Specs Latios is nice, but Scarf Latios like Leooo_33 proposed is also great/viable on this team. Mega Mawile can run damn near anything, and an SD set is great because at +2 and after hazards you blow past common stuff like Heatran and the like (no need to have Focus Punch).​

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 40 Def / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Overview:
I feel like this is going to be a double QD build based around trying to get either Volcarona or Pheromosa to sweep. 40 Def is on Pheromosa to 100% live scarf pheromosa HJK. Never understood the 32 spdef bs since u live +1 ash-ninja at 100% anyway. knock off over tpunch mawile because you already shit on celesteela and toxapex with volcarona. considering the obvious double bug rotom-w pretty much has to be phys def or click x to pinsir. scarf latios because u still need speed control.​

Rotom-W, I don't see any way it could be anything other than Phys Def.​

Volcarona, honestly. I would go with offensive Z-move just because nothing else seems to run it but I don't get any real feel for it​

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Overview:
looks like a balanced team built around a quiver dance core of pheromosa + volcarona. mawile is our mega and forms a nice offensive core with phero and volc, being able to lure and weaken each others counters. ferrothorn is the only possible rocker. while latios is most likely to be scarfed as otherwise charizard wrecks us. it is chosen because of its useful role compression, by being able to remove hazards, which is a must for volcarona. rotom rounds off the team by acting as a bulky pivot and being a good ground resist (landorus check).​
my unparalleled building skills​
other people's building skills​

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pheromosa @ Black Belt
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
Overview:
Mawile + Volc forms a potent core as Mawiles would be counters are used as set up fodder for Volcarona. Since all 3 DDers are huge threats standards physdef rotom + ferro as the backbone. Knock ferro to eliminate as many free switches that fire types can get. Latios as the dedicated fire resits and revenge killer since the team is generally slow. Removal is needed and the only options on offense are Mosa or Excadrill. Hyper Cutter > Intim so lando can only pivot in once. Scarf Lati since the team is on the slower spectrum and only has 1 prio user.​
Volcarona set. Since HP ground Volc beats all Mawile "counters". Tpunch Mawile beats Toxapex and Gyara for Volc. Rotom set is obvious. Ferro set is obvious. Mosa should be spin since Defog Lati is pretty bad.​
Latios set. My first impression is some zElectric set to beat Celes/Fini/Mantine for Mawile and Volc but I feel just just Tpunch Mawile will be more consistent. I feel like scarf > specs because again the team is pretty slow and needs a more dedicated revenge killer.​

Last edited:
Reactions: BM

Wildcat Formation

flexibly adaptable to the situation
is a Tiering Contributor
Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psychic
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pheromosa @ Black Belt
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Overview:
I made M-Mawile 4 attacks; pretty reliable set. I built a M-Mawile team somewhat similar to this and it had ScarfTios because it switches into Heatran which M-Mawile might struggle against and Latios' speed allows it to revenge threats like Zard-X and Salamence. Surf is needed to revenge opposing Volcarona. Rotom-W is standard. Ferro is likely to be dual hazards because it is the only SR user on the team, and the team appreciates Spikes as well. Volcarona is standard. I made Pheromosa Rapid Spin + 3 Attacks to take advantage of the hazard stack and completes the Volt-Turn core.​
Rotom-W, unless dk is a complete don and is running Z-Rain Dance Rotom-W + Hurricane Volcarona...​
The M-Mawile set could be anything honestly.​

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Memento

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pheromosa @ Expert Belt
Lonely Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Ok so I started off with the standard firium z volc set and built from there. The next mon I looked at was Mawile which I just made standard SD over sub punch because volc already had hp ground so focus punch isnt needed to remove Heatran. Thunder Punch is nice because Volc struggles with Toxapex. Ferro + Rotom is the defensive backbone of the team. I decided to go with dual hazards Ferro just because both Maw and Volc love have spikes up. Rotom acts as a pivot to get Mawile in for free with volt switch. I decided to mix it up and add thunder wave over pain split on Rotom. T wave is great support for Mawile because obviously its lacking in speed so rotom can cripple threats to help set up a Mawile sweep. Then Latios and Pheromosa were the two pokemon left and one of them needs hazard control for Volcarona. Since I already have spikes on Ferrothorn I went with all out attacking rapid spin Phero over defog Latios so that I can set up spikes without having to remove them later to defog for Volc. Also this team gets 6-0d by DD Zygarde if it's scarf Phero because Espeed kills at +1 and you cant revenge with it anything unless its in sucker range. Latios is the last pokemon and it needed to be scarfed so I have a way to revenge kill other scarfers/set up mons at +1 speed. Draco and Psyshock are both necessary, giving me two moveslots to work with. I went with Memento and Trick. Memento is really nice in general to give Volc and Maw an opportunity to set up for a sweep so I felt like it was a great fit. Trick in the last slot helps the team's stall matchup a ton so you can cripple chansey for and then switch up moves.

Most Confident:
Volc + Mawile sets

Least Confident:
Memento Latios and Twave Rotom are both uncommon but I felt like they fit very well on the team.

Will we see what the actual sets/explanation are for the teams? Or am I being an idiot and can't see it in front of me.
Yeah. When the week ends, I'll post the importables for everything and have a brief paragraph describing the builder's decisions (ideally). If the builder isn't me I can't guarantee a description, but I'll try to have one for every team.

For Team 2

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
Overview:
SD Mawile > 4 atk cause we need a win condition. Scarf Latios cause Zard gets a DD on 4/6 members and wins. Standard Rotom. Standard rocks jirachi. Standard amoomgus. Taunt Koko to help with defensive cores. (Venu..Chans..Etc.)​
Jirachi has to be U-Turn cause it's clearly a volt turn team. Amoongus should be standard. Mawile should be fine too.​
Latios could be specs for a breaker. Koko could be NM or sum idk. Spdef Rotom for Greninja maybe.​

Last edited:
Alright, gonna try team 2

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Surf

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn

Overview:
When looking at a team, I first look at what the rocker could be, and this is obviously the Jirachi. The Latios was almost certainly scarf, because the team has nothing for Pheromosa, Ash Greninja, and +1 Volcarona otherwise. Next came the Mawile set. Since we have a Rotom, a Koko, and a Latios to deal with Toxapex, I decided to go with Fire Fang> Thunderpunch to beat Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. I'm also running Max speed to beat Mega Scizor, but less speed could be used for marginally better bulk. Rotom's set is standard and its a flying resist, a water resist, and a momentum grabber. Amoonguss's set is standard except for Stun Spore, and thats for stuff like Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Volcarona that tries to set up. Finally, Koko's set is a standard set, and revenge kills stuff like Mega Metagross and Protean Greninja.​
Things Most Confident Of: Scarf Latios, Jirachi, and Rotom I think I got spot on. Mega Mawile's probably SD, and Amoonguss is clear smog>sludge bomb.
Things Least Confident Of: The Mawile spread, the Koko set, the 4th move on Latios, and the Amoonguss spread.

Team 2 is obviously built around trying to lose as hard as they can to Scarf Excadrill, z-Lando-T, and Tapu Koko (so is team 1, now that i look at it). shuca rocks rachi, scarf lati, stallbreaker koko, sd knock maw, hp fire amoonguss. Lazy to put an actual import so just an observation.

Reactions: zbr
Winners of this round will be announced within 24 hours of this post, and I'll post a new slate then as well.

This Week's Team Slate:

dk's Venusaur + Jirachi Offense:

Happy posting c:

Last edited:
mega venusaur- standard def- maybe sleep
gren is 100% hp fire
scarf nihilego
stallbreaker koko
z move- cc dd lando
idk the jirachi set; probably spdef rocks, maybe even like fire punch for a heat (lol) set

i'll add more later

e: yeah actually the two teams below pretty much thought exactly what i thought

Last edited:

Wildcat Formation

flexibly adaptable to the situation
is a Tiering Contributor
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot

Tapu Koko @ Mago Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Overview:
Made Venu standard with HP Fire over Knock to limit Ferro from spiking up. Scarf makes the most sense on Nihilego. Since the team lacks hazard control, the best way of combating hazards would be trading with hazards of your own so I expect the Greninja to be Spikes + 3 attacks. Spikes would also wear down the steels for Nihilego. Taunt + Nature's Madness Koko improves the stall matchup. Double Dance Z-Rock Lando-T gives the team a boosting win-con. Raichi sets up rocks, completes the Turn-Turn core with Koko, and provides Healing Wish support.
Nihilego is the most logical choice for a Choice Scarfer.
If Lando-T is the rocker then I have no idea of what the Jirachi set would be. Koko could be HP Ice.​

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 64 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave
Overview:
Standard venu knock is better. Wish protect rachi cause you get crushed by Lele and Meta. DD lando cause you need a wincon. spikes Greninja cause nihi benefits from spikes more than any other scarfer. Hydro to pressure stall. Standard koko. Standard jellyfish. Thunder because Greninja lives tbolt.​
Venu should always be knock imo. This team needs to pressure stall more so hydro gren is right. Koko is Standard. Jellyfish is pretty standard.​
Jirachi could be U-turn but seriously Lele crushed the team. Gren could be Ice beam cause zygarde ALSO dismantles this. Lando can run anything. Could be NM koko again since stall is such a problem but if it's NM koko Zygarde literally kills every pokemon. Could be HP ice > fire on jelly. You could be one of those people that run tbolt even tho it's bad and it should be thunder.​

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Volt Switch

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Overview:
Seems to be Spikes stacking bulky offense to me. Venusaur is obviously the Mega, with Wish Rachi being able to help it recover in a pinch against stuff that wants to come in on it. Lando acting as a stall breaker with Spikes gren aiding in that area. The Koko for momentum (alongside rachi), and Nihilego as a check to setup sweepers.​
Mega Venu (though it could have Knock Off for Tran)
Rachi
Lando
Nihilego​
Koko set
Venu moves​

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Tapunium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

Overview:
Basically this is spikes stacking bulky offense with Double Dance Landorus-T. Venusaur and Healing Wish Jirachi are the defensive backbone here. Scarf Nihilego give you a way to not lose to Volcarona. Koko is the main way to answer to stall from the looks of it with Z-Nature's Madness + Taunt and Greninja for spikes support to wear down opposing teams.​
I'm for sure confident in Venusaur's, Jirachi and Nihilego sets. Z Koko makes more sense to me as it puts a lot of pressure on things like Chansey after using Z-nature's Madness.​
Greninja's set, you could make it Specs Ash Gren with spikes to have more upfront damage but Life Orb seems to make more sense. Though if it is Ash-Gren, I wouldnt be too shocked.​

Click the title for the importable and sprites for the description!

Team 1—Mawile + Volcarona:

Winner of this week is Wildcat Formation! Seems no one assumed Ash Gren or defensive DD Lando, so the main deciders were what you guys put as the third slot on Venu + the Koko set. 'Grats on your 2nd win! Be sure to check my description if you're wondering why it's Ash over HP Fire Protean.

This Week's Team Slate:

dk's Millionth Mawile Offense:

Subject 18's Gastrodon Balance

Please note that both of these teams were built for suspect laddering, and as such, are constructed for a metagame without Pheromosa. Please take that into account when posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)