Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition V2 - Round 19: Stakataka (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

This is what I came up with when building around Mega Manectric. Mega Man's set is standard: Volt Switch for momentum, Thunderbolt for STAB, Overheat for Ferrothorn/Tangrowth/Bulu and HP Ice for all the dragons in the tier. Next up is Crawdaunt to break fat ground types that give Manectric a headache. Lum Berry allows it to set up in front of threats like Mew and Rotom-W that try to Will-o-Wisp it. It also provides the team some priority with Aqua Jet and can check Bisharp that might try to benefit from Intimidate. Speaking of Intimidate next up is Landorus-T. I tried a few different sets for Lando but I ended up settling for double-dance. This mon alone can clean up versus some unprepared teams because it can break through a lot of bulkier builds with ease. I added Scarf Latios for Defog support and also to revenge versus mons like Keldeo and Zygarde, while Trick shuts down opposing set-up sweepers and walls like Tangrowth. Then the team took a little bit of a weird turn. Mega Pert in the rain is a huge threat, especially for Manectric. I decided to add a bulky Tyranitar for Steath Rock support and to set up sand for team member #6 to clean up shop. Ice Beam for Zygarde and Lando-T switch ins, Fire Blast bops Tangrowth and Magearna, Pursuit for obv reasons rounds out the set. Then finally I added the sand cleaner, Excadrill. A lot of teams are hilariously unprepared for this threat and even without a Swords Dance its coverage lets it easily bust through a lot of the tier and it acts as a great late-game cleaner. It also appreciates Mega Manectric's ability to remove Aqua Jet users. It's a pretty fun double Z-move squad as it gives you choices as to which Z-move would better break through opposing walls depending on the opponents team composition.

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

This is what I came up with when building around Mega Manectric. Mega Man's set is standard: Volt Switch for momentum, Thunderbolt for STAB, Overheat for Ferrothorn/Tangrowth/Bulu and HP Ice for all the dragons in the tier. Next up is Crawdaunt to break fat ground types that give Manectric a headache. Lum Berry allows it to set up in front of threats like Mew and Rotom-W that try to Will-o-Wisp it. It also provides the team some priority with Aqua Jet and can check Bisharp that might try to benefit from Intimidate. Speaking of Intimidate next up is Landorus-T. I tried a few different sets for Lando but I ended up settling for double-dance. This mon alone can clean up versus some unprepared teams because it can break through a lot of bulkier builds with ease. I added Scarf Latios for Defog support and also to revenge versus mons like Keldeo and Zygarde, while Trick shuts down opposing set-up sweepers and walls like Tangrowth. Then the team took a little bit of a weird turn. Mega Pert in the rain is a huge threat, especially for Manectric. I decided to add a bulky Tyranitar for Steath Rock support and to set up sand for team member #6 to clean up shop. Ice Beam for Zygarde and Lando-T switch ins, Fire Blast bops Tangrowth and Magearna, Pursuit for obv reasons rounds out the set. Then finally I added the sand cleaner, Excadrill. A lot of teams are hilariously unprepared for this threat and even without a Swords Dance its coverage lets it easily bust through a lot of the tier and it acts as a great late-game cleaner. It also appreciates Mega Manectric's ability to remove Aqua Jet users. It's a pretty fun double Z-move squad as it gives you choices as to which Z-move would better break through opposing walls depending on the opponents team composition.
You have a mistake: 2 z crystals xd

I think that was intentional, there are people who take several depending on the situation. But maybe it's a mistake.

You have a mistake: 2 z crystals xd
Taken from the description:

"It's a pretty fun double Z-move squad as it gives you choices as to which Z-move would better break through opposing walls depending on the opponents team composition."

So it is an intentional choice, so that it can handle different teams with the appropriate Z-Move.

Taken from the description:

"It's a pretty fun double Z-move squad as it gives you choices as to which Z-move would better break through opposing walls depending on the opponents team composition."

So it is an intentional choice, so that it can handle different teams with the appropriate Z-Move.
Yup, it was intentional. In my experience I used Excadrill's Z move more but sometimes Lando is better (for example, vs Celesteela). I've seen a lot of teams running double Z moves. The team is pretty offensive in practice which means usually whichever mon gets in the safest and successfully sets up will be the one using the Z move.

Importable.
Manectric @ Manectite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Fairium Z / Icium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Explanation.
Manectric-mega may not boast a high attack bout, but it's still just as good. Much has to do with that speed and his ability that saves him from possible falls. It makes an interesting Intimidation couple with Landorus-T, which at the same time eliminates Manectric checks with the help of Supersonic Skystrike. Yes, I have two glasses with intention too. Tangrowth is my resistance to bulky waters or things like MSwampert / Gastrodon, in which the mega little can do. Offensive Magearna TR fits in very well. It's my other z move user that depending on the situation or the opposing team. Icium Z for Zapdos or Tangrowth. Marowak alola to take advantage of the TR and cover Magearna in addition to the classic core with Tapu Fini finally, my Defog user.

Last edited:
Yup, it was intentional. In my experience I used Excadrill's Z move more but sometimes Lando is better (for example, vs Celesteela). I've seen a lot of teams running double Z moves. The team is pretty offensive in practice which means usually whichever mon gets in the safest and successfully sets up will be the one using the Z move.
Sorry, I haven't read the description yet xd

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog

This is the team I built for the Weekly Research thread and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I didn't expect to like Mega Manectric going in, but it combines what I like about offensive Agility Zapdos with a lot of utility in Intimidate and pivoting with Volt Switch. Mega Manectric works very well when paired with a wallbreaker and a Regenerator partner. Toxapex is arguably one of the best Regenerator partners, as Toxic Spikes wears down the opposing team really quickly, helping Manectric clean, and forces in exploitable mons like opposing Toxapex. Choice Band Weavile is a great breaker as its speed keeps up offensive pressure, it is able to Pursuit trap troubling mons like Latios, and it can help pick off weakened foes with Ice Shard. It also helps to revenge kill Zygarde, which was looking like a problem between a core of Manectric and Toxapex, since Manectric is outsped at +1 and doesn't OHKO with HP Ice. Tangrowth paired well with the team at this point, helping more versus Zygarde and Lando that are heavily rising in popularity. The team was looking very weak to stall at this point, so I added Alolan Marowak. I'm still torn between Rock Head and Lightning Rod, since Lightning Rod helps versus Magearna and exploits Zapdos and opposing Manectric, but in my games I more often found that opponents assumed Lightning Rod and would play around it - very rarely was Marowak ever targeted or switched directly into an Electric-type attack. Rock Head Flare Blitz with Swords Dance absolutely dominates stall, and it can force Stealth Rock to go up against most stall builds to break Dugtrio's Focus Sash, letting Mega Manectric freely use volt switch to bring in Weavile and Marowak against switch-ins like Chansey. Finally, the team was weak to hazards and desparately wanted a revenge killer more consistent than Weavile's Ice Shard, so I added Choice Scarf Defog Latios. This set is great on this team in filling both removal and revenge killing roles, as if it's locked into Defog it has a powerful Regenerator pivot core to fall back on, supporting its switch out. The Regenerator core also does a great job of supporting marowak, as it's an easy mon to force out against bulky archetypes after it gets a kill.

Overall, it's been a really fun and consistent team to play. The team's offensive threats are able to pivot well thanks to Mega Manectric's Intimidate and Volt Switch being backed by a strong regenerator backbone, which in turn easily spreads chip damage to help the rest of the team clean up late-game. Hope you guys like the team!

Last edited:

This team is build around Manectric, obviously. I selected Landorus as a partner because is one of the best pokemon in the metagame, it gave me rocks, that are so important, and also it is the check to physically offensive threats right now in SM, like Garchomp Scarf, Mawile-Mega...
Then I selected Ferrothorn because it checks some pokemon that could be dangerous for the team. It also gives me spike for Manectric hits, with spikes it can Ohko or 2hko some pokemon. And spikes helps a lot with teams without hazard removals.
As third pokemon I selected Magearna because is one of the best pokemon in OU and it can check Greninja (protean/ash) or Tapu Lele and Koko that could be huge threats. So its movest is the Assault Vest one to check better these pokemon.
Then I selected Garchomp because I needed a Z move user and Garchomp SD+Outrage Z was a great option because it can destroy a lot of teams, and he beats Defensive Landorus on a 1vs1.
Finally, as you can see, Volcarona and Zard Y destroys my team so I decided to put a Scarf Keldeo on the team to check Volcarona and Zard Y, and also it could help against other teams that haven't got those pokemon.

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Thunderous dog (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Beast (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Hug me! (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

My little pony (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Fairy Machine (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 32 SpA / 240 Spe
- Magma Storm
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earth Power

I thought a great partner for Manectric was Kyurem Black because Manectric's main issues were Tangrowth and MVenusaur, and Kyub kill both of them. Then, I added Lando because of Garchomp, Zygarde and Alolawak, also is the rocker of the team and doble intimidarte is pretty cool. The next was Tapu Fini due to GrenAsh, stall and I needed a defogger. Garchomp because of Volcarona, keldeo could be another option which works really well. The last was Heatran because I needed something against lele and a steel type.

Lando is yache berry to resist Ice punch from Medi and HP Ice Koko mainly. Like I said keldeo is also a great option and hemos a lot with Gren.

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
imsosorrylol is the creator of this team but he doesn't know how to post teams so I have to do it for him. credit to imsosorrylol

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Started with the core of mane + dual spikes gren, because mane appreciates spikes and tspikes for wearing down common switchins like tang and mew, as well as mane forcing switches and volting out with spikes to wear down the opponents team. Next up, wanted a steel as well as a way to pressure stall. Celesteela paired with tspikes is a scary combination, and offensive z move rocks lando helps deal with stall and gives a rocker. Ash gren was threatening so added scarf keldeo as well as dealing with volc. Last, added band zygarde because it appreciates spikes a lot as well as dealing with zard y which the team struggled with before. Toxic is an option over iron tail on zygarde but with tspikes its a bit redundant.

https://pastebin.com/raw/b77vpazZ
built this squad around the best core in the game manectric+weavile. weavile helps trap stuff like latis and mew for mane and in return mane checks mega sciz and tapu fini. since av mage is a knock off switch in, i decided to add specs lele to pressure that mon a little. between knock, overheat and specs psychic, av mage is handled pretty well. also helps with volc whos set ill explain later. mantine+physdef is a decent defensive backbone. originally i had double hazards but i needed protect to gain lefties and spikes usually didnt stay up anyway. max defense cause i have mantine for ashgren and koko is checked anyway. volcarona's set looks wack as fuck but i wanted to try something different and i realized all the targets volc needed z psychic and z fire blast for are covered by z hyper beam. also covers stuff like zygarde and latios. defensive evs let it live keldeo's stone edge as well as specs latios psyshock 100% of the time as i have mantine for opposing volcs, so i dont care about tying with them. hp ground for tran but bug buzz is an option too.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Building phase over, time to vote!

Team 1

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

This is a team that I sorta built before knowing that Mega Manectric was the mon for this week's Teambuilding Comp. It's based around offensive volt-turn with Mega Manectric, Landorus-T, and Ash-Greninja.
Mega Manectric does a good job of weakening faster mon with Volt Switch, while Flamethrower and HP Ice let it deal with Bulu, Ferrothorn, Chomp, and Zygarde respectively. Scarf Landorus-T is useful for revenge killing weakened mons, and ats as the ground immunity for the otherwise ground-weak team. Tangrowth serves as an excellent specially devensive pivot, with Knock Off for utility and HP Ice to prevent it from becoming set-up fodder for chomp and zygarde. Rock Slide prevents it from becoming set-up fodder for Volcarona. Heatran is the rock setter with Z-Bloom Doom to lure in its common switchins like Tapu Fini and Mega Slowbro. Specs Ash-gren is an excellent special wallbreaker and revenge killer, and can take advantage of mons weakened by Mega Manectric and Landorus-t. Magearna is the team's set-up sweeper, with Shuca Berry allowing it to set up on the likes of Landorus-t and Zygarde.
Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590277935
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590282364
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590285114
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590289412
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590291301
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590540409
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590541434
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590904588
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-590663829

Team 2

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Team 3

Manectric @ Manectite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Fairium Z / Icium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Manectric-mega may not boast a high attack bout, but it's still just as good. Much has to do with that speed and his ability that saves him from possible falls. It makes an interesting Intimidation couple with Landorus-T, which at the same time eliminates Manectric checks with the help of Supersonic Skystrike. Yes, I have two glasses with intention too. Tangrowth is my resistance to bulky waters or things like MSwampert / Gastrodon, in which the mega little can do. Offensive Magearna TR fits in very well. It's my other z move user that depending on the situation or the opposing team. Icium Z for Zapdos or Tangrowth. Marowak alola to take advantage of the TR and cover Magearna in addition to the classic core with Tapu Fini finally, my Defog user.

Team 4

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog

This is the team I built for the Weekly Research thread and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I didn't expect to like Mega Manectric going in, but it combines what I like about offensive Agility Zapdos with a lot of utility in Intimidate and pivoting with Volt Switch. Mega Manectric works very well when paired with a wallbreaker and a Regenerator partner. Toxapex is arguably one of the best Regenerator partners, as Toxic Spikes wears down the opposing team really quickly, helping Manectric clean, and forces in exploitable mons like opposing Toxapex. Choice Band Weavile is a great breaker as its speed keeps up offensive pressure, it is able to Pursuit trap troubling mons like Latios, and it can help pick off weakened foes with Ice Shard. It also helps to revenge kill Zygarde, which was looking like a problem between a core of Manectric and Toxapex, since Manectric is outsped at +1 and doesn't OHKO with HP Ice. Tangrowth paired well with the team at this point, helping more versus Zygarde and Lando that are heavily rising in popularity. The team was looking very weak to stall at this point, so I added Alolan Marowak. I'm still torn between Rock Head and Lightning Rod, since Lightning Rod helps versus Magearna and exploits Zapdos and opposing Manectric, but in my games I more often found that opponents assumed Lightning Rod and would play around it - very rarely was Marowak ever targeted or switched directly into an Electric-type attack. Rock Head Flare Blitz with Swords Dance absolutely dominates stall, and it can force Stealth Rock to go up against most stall builds to break Dugtrio's Focus Sash, letting Mega Manectric freely use volt switch to bring in Weavile and Marowak against switch-ins like Chansey. Finally, the team was weak to hazards and desparately wanted a revenge killer more consistent than Weavile's Ice Shard, so I added Choice Scarf Defog Latios. This set is great on this team in filling both removal and revenge killing roles, as if it's locked into Defog it has a powerful Regenerator pivot core to fall back on, supporting its switch out. The Regenerator core also does a great job of supporting marowak, as it's an easy mon to force out against bulky archetypes after it gets a kill.

Overall, it's been a really fun and consistent team to play. The team's offensive threats are able to pivot well thanks to Mega Manectric's Intimidate and Volt Switch being backed by a strong regenerator backbone, which in turn easily spreads chip damage to help the rest of the team clean up late-game. Hope you guys like the team!

Team 5

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Thunderous dog (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Beast (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Hug me! (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

My little pony (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Fairy Machine (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

This team is build around Manectric, obviously. I selected Landorus as a partner because is one of the best pokemon in the metagame, it gave me rocks, that are so important, and also it is the check to physically offensive threats right now in SM, like Garchomp Scarf, Mawile-Mega...
Then I selected Ferrothorn because it checks some pokemon that could be dangerous for the team. It also gives me spike for Manectric hits, with spikes it can Ohko or 2hko some pokemon. And spikes helps a lot with teams without hazard removals.
As third pokemon I selected Magearna because is one of the best pokemon in OU and it can check Greninja (protean/ash) or Tapu Lele and Koko that could be huge threats. So its movest is the Assault Vest one to check better these pokemon.
Then I selected Garchomp because I needed a Z move user and Garchomp SD+Outrage Z was a great option because it can destroy a lot of teams, and he beats Defensive Landorus on a 1vs1.
Finally, as you can see, Volcarona and Zard Y destroys my team so I decided to put a Scarf Keldeo on the team to check Volcarona and Zard Y, and also it could help against other teams that haven't got those pokemon.

Team 6

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 32 SpA / 240 Spe
- Magma Storm
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earth Power

I thought a great partner for Manectric was Kyurem Black because Manectric's main issues were Tangrowth and MVenusaur, and Kyub kill both of them. Then, I added Lando because of Garchomp, Zygarde and Alolawak, also is the rocker of the team and doble intimidarte is pretty cool. The next was Tapu Fini due to GrenAsh, stall and I needed a defogger. Garchomp because of Volcarona, keldeo could be another option which works really well. The last was Heatran because I needed something against lele and a steel type.

Lando is yache berry to resist Ice punch from Medi and HP Ice Koko mainly. Like I said keldeo is also a great option and hemos a lot with Gren.

Team 7

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Started with the core of mane + dual spikes gren, because mane appreciates spikes and tspikes for wearing down common switchins like tang and mew, as well as mane forcing switches and volting out with spikes to wear down the opponents team. Next up, wanted a steel as well as a way to pressure stall. Celesteela paired with tspikes is a scary combination, and offensive z move rocks lando helps deal with stall and gives a rocker. Ash gren was threatening so added scarf keldeo as well as dealing with volc. Last, added band zygarde because it appreciates spikes a lot as well as dealing with zard y which the team struggled with before. Toxic is an option over iron tail on zygarde but with tspikes its a bit redundant.

Team 8

built this squad around the best core in the game manectric+weavile. weavile helps trap stuff like latis and mew for mane and in return mane checks mega sciz and tapu fini. since av mage is a knock off switch in, i decided to add specs lele to pressure that mon a little. between knock, overheat and specs psychic, av mage is handled pretty well. also helps with volc whos set ill explain later. mantine+physdef is a decent defensive backbone. originally i had double hazards but i needed protect to gain lefties and spikes usually didnt stay up anyway. max defense cause i have mantine for ashgren and koko is checked anyway. volcarona's set looks wack as fuck but i wanted to try something different and i realized all the targets volc needed z psychic and z fire blast for are covered by z hyper beam. also covers stuff like zygarde and latios. defensive evs let it live keldeo's stone edge as well as specs latios psyshock 100% of the time as i have mantine for opposing volcs, so i dont care about tying with them. hp ground for tran but bug buzz is an option too.

Voting round ends Monday, June 19th at 2:00 PM EST/GMT-4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)