RU SM RU CUP I - Round 3

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

SM RU CUP I
Welcome to the first ever SM RU Cup! This tournament is one of the three individual tournaments that will be part of the RU Generations tour. Doing well in this tournament will help you secure a spot on the playoffs so make sure do your best, and always remember to have fun!

Tournament rules:
  • Standard SM RU
  • Single elimination
  • Best of three
  • REPLAYS ARE ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED, FOR REAL
  • No replays = no points. See above.
  • Partial replays will not count; all replays must be posted
  • Matches are to be played on PS unless both players agree otherwise
  • It is recommended to play on smogtours so one doesn't "forget" to save replays
  • Timeouts will equal a loss unless both players agree to replay
  • Players will be selected based on a 62.5% first come first serve and 37.5% randomized basis (if required)
  • More information on the tournament can he found here
This tournament is included in the Smogon Championship 2017 season as:

/!\ Only the playoffs phase at the end of the 3 separate Cups (BW, ORAS, and SM) will grant Smogon Championship Points (on a basis that will be adapted to the number of entries).

Round 3:

Rakan
vs. KoldKappuccino
Bushtush vs. Megazard
Randomnick vs. EviGaro
BOUFF vs. FlamingVictini
Sam I Yam vs. DreamScream
HANTSUKI vs. We Three Kings
Level 56 vs. PursuitOfHappiny
blinkboy
vs. Rider
FLCL vs. Arifeen
Tricking vs. Gentlemenian
Matame vs. King Wynaut
HT vs. Erzengel
Lord Esche vs. -Tsunami-
Finding True Love vs. Garay oak
Empo vs. Feliburn
Bro Kappa vs. Frania

DEADLINE for Round 3 is June 4th at 9:30 PM GMT -5
Extension DEADLINE is March 31th at 9:30 PM GMT -5

*If we end up getting usage stats by the middle of the round or something, the changes wont be applicable until next round.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, regarding the KoldKappuccino vs RawMelon Ive made a really sound mistake and I will clarify the situation here.

At first, I decided to give the activity call to RawMelon based upon a quick inspection of the contact that was taking place on the walls

Based my decision on the last post on KoldKappuccino's wall at 11:51 AM on Sunday (which would be at 1 AM on KoldKappuccino's time, way after deadline)

But, KoldKappuccino messaged me explaining the situation with connectivity issues on Saturday and how RawMelon missed the first schedule around Friday at like 9 PM on RawMelon's time. After that, the contact between both wasnt clear enough to determine an specific time and by consequence took a wrong decision on activity.

After much thought and analysis, I came to the conclusion that giving the activity win to RawMelon based on a quick glance without reading into detail was a terrible mistake from my part and I apologize, the correct resolution was giving a coinflip.

And hence Im fixing my mistake through that:

One of the players involved was present during the coinflip moment and this image, alongside the presence, proves the transparency of the procedure. Wanted to the extra small on this one.

So KoldKappuccino wins the coinflip. I sincerely apologize again to RawMelon for this and I will accept the consequences of my incompetence if this leads to anything bigger.

New Matchup:

Rakan vs KoldKappuccino

Apologies again, we can move on.

Last edited:
So, regarding the KoldKappuccino vs RawMelon Ive made a really sound mistake and I will clarify the situation here.

At first, I decided to give the activity call to RawMelon based upon a quick inspection of the contact that was taking place on the walls

Based my decision on the last post on KoldKappuccino's wall at 11:51 AM on Sunday (which would be at 1 AM on KoldKappuccino's time, way after deadline)

But, KoldKappuccino messaged me explaining the situation with connectivity issues on Saturday and how RawMelon missed the first schedule around Friday at like 9 PM on RawMelon's time. After that, the contact between both wasnt clear enough to determine an specific time and by consequence took a wrong decision on activity.

After much thought and analysis, I came to the conclusion that giving the activity win to RawMelon based on a quick glance without reading into detail was a terrible mistake from my part and I apologize, the correct resolution was giving a coinflip.

And hence Im fixing my mistake through that:

One of the players involved was present during the coinflip moment and this image, alongside the presence, proves the transparency of the procedure. Wanted to the extra small on this one.

So KoldKappuccino wins the coinflip. I sincerely apologize again to RawMelon for this and I will accept the consequences of my incompetence if this leads to anything bigger.

New Matchup:

Rakan vs KoldKappuccino

Apologies again, we can move on.
I don't care really

MrAldo

Hey
It seems there is problems with both Tricking and Gentlemenian getting their matches done due to timezones inconveniences so I will just extend that and hopefully they can get it done.

Extensions:

Tricking vs Gentlemenian

Next round will be up shortly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)