Smeargle's Laptop General Sprite and Banner Thread

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi with a new sub-forum comes a new general spriting and banner thread. This thread is the only place for:

-Sprites that are not custom in nature (examples: recolours, minor edits)
-Simple requests for sprites and banners (no fangames that will never finish)
-Simple questions

You can also post custom sprites, sprite fusions, and banners, but in that case, you are invited to make a thread if you so desire.

If you missed the old thread it's here.

Last edited by a moderator:

EV

Banned deucer.
Looking for a banner for my OMPL III team the King Kois.

-Seaking facing forward, fins flowing outward
-Small crown around its horn
-A regal looking banner underneath with the team name
-Maybe 2 scepters crossed somewhere?

I'd prefer it all have the same continuous black outline.

No those aren't Saturns, they're scepters...

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Looking for a banner for my OMPL III team the King Kois.

-Seaking facing forward, fins flowing outward
-Small crown around its horn
-A regal looking banner underneath with the team name
-Maybe 2 scepters crossed somewhere?

I'd prefer it all have the same continuous black outline.

No those aren't Saturns, they're scepters...
I tried this.

If anybody knows a more fitting font/better way to put the name on the banner that would be appreciated.

(yes I did skip scepters :c)

Hiya! Requesting a banner. I'm looking for a Mega Lopunny laying across a car with diamonds scattered about, and a "luxurious" feel to it. If possible, can the license plate be included? If so, then I would absolutely love for "Luxurious Lopunny" to be written across it. Thank you so much ^_^!

Heyo all, i'm interested in someone doing a simple banner for a trade thread for me. All it needs is a gray background, a Magmotar on one side and "Heroes Home" text in the center. If someone could do this, i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Hey there I am looking for a Banner and channel icon. I want the banner to be the word 'Chasdragon' with a milotic by its side with its tail wrapped around the letters. Also the Channel Icon to be a Milotic curled up in the C position. Thank you :)

Hi I'm looking for a banner i want champion steven standing on a cliff with a punch of his pokemon on his team e.g metagross aggron and armaldo alongside some pre-evolutions like aron metang lairon and beldum while having the word Mr155551 on the cliff anyone willing to do it?

Hi there, I'd like a logo (perhaps in banner and avatar sizes) for my OMPL team, the Zygomorphic Zygardes. I don't have any specific requirements, but it would be nice to have Zygarde with a Terminus Cave backdrop and the team name written underneath. (It also has to be symmetrical, because that's what zygomorphic means o.o)

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi how do you combine sprites like putting a trainer sprite and a pokemon sprite together
It is really easy actually, this is all based on cutting which is the easy part. You will only need Paint for this.

1 - You have to modify the pokemon sprite on Paint, select the whole pokemon sprite and copy / cut it.

2 - You have to modify the trainer sprite on Paint, then you use the selection and you paste the pokemon sprite, make sure to use a large space on paint, you could reduce it after you've realized the fusion.

3 - You got now your trainer, and your pokemon on the same Paint page, you will have to select the pokemon or the Trainer, it will depend if you would like to see the pokemon in front or behind the trainer.

4 - After selecting the pokemon / trainer, you will have to activate the transparent selection option that is available on the selection part.

5 - After that you just move the sprite as you want, and make sure that the colors do not overlap (The colors often overlap above the white)

Here's a little tutorial with pictures, i'm sorry my Paint is in french but it's really easy to understand:

1 - Make sure to modify the two sprites on paint, it's always easier to work like that:

2 - You have to select the trainer or the pokemon sprite with the part which is in red in the first picture, i choosed to select the Hitmonlee in this example:

3 - After that you will have to paste the Hitmonlee sprite on the Trainer sprite, so make sure to take a large place that you can work without any problems:

4 - Now you have to make a fusion, so you will have to activate the transparent selection which is represented in red:

5 - And now you can move the Trainer / Pokemon sprite where you want, be careful to the overlap, if you can't do your sprite without any overlap, you will have to work it on his pixels, you can even rotate the sprite if you want:

+
=

This is basic cutting sprite, pixel art is a little bit more difficult and longer.

I was reccomened to perhaps ask here for a complicated piece of art by Rittercat, I praise all who dare to accept this challenge.

Hi I was wondering if you, or one of the many other artists on here that I'll be asking could make a truly badass piece of art work equal to the combination/equal badassness of these pieces of art preferably featuring Arceus (possibly holding a death note because I'm a geek), badass empoleon being badass, sharktopus (see reference picture) but without the octoboner (yes the design is so stupidly awesome/pure stupid that they put an octopus beak where other...things would go), and if possible a pokemon trainer with a bandolier like this (see enclosed image), in a dipper hat (read gravity falls), and with just the blade holders for super hard steel blades (read attack on titan).....all for a custom deck mat because I play the TCG and only now do I truly realize how much of a nerd I am...just be glad I'm not requesting my favorite attack ship from Star Trek Online to be on it....or a few keyblades in the ground...you know what, if you're batshit crazy enough to be willing to put keyblades in the ground of the art I will send you pictures of the few I want in it.
I know this is fing absurd to request given the details I want in it, but at least a custom $25 mat should be cheaper than buying the freaking insane, awesome, and going to be highly priced mega rayquaza mat that will be given away at nationals. I seriously wish I could pay the artist that successfully pulls this off, but sadly I'm broke as hell, and that custom play mat will be the last thing I'll be able to buy for a while. I also really hope I don't sound like a dumbass asking for the art equivalent of asking a computer to just be fixed, and if I am I will work with you to help make the art uber awesome and as badass as possible. And I won't go into any more detail etc as chances are very few people would be crazy enough to actually make the art with the details I listed already.
Main badass reference art

Sharktopus reference art. Note it's my favorite B list crappy on purpose "horror movie" as I don't like actual scary movies, just movies that are only scary because of how bad their writing is.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Might as well post this here, if anyone wants to assist with pixel art backgrounds for PS.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/fx/bg-gen1.png
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/fx/bg-gen3.png
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/fx/bg-gen4.png

Cureently we do not have a dedicated gen 2 bg, which would be the same dimensions as gen 1 but a different design. Also I wouldn't mind seeing some folks helping me create alternate backgrounds for past gens 2-4, think water, building, sand. I wouldn't mind 3 per gen to a maximum or lets says 5. I can pass the source stuff for gen 4, anyone wanting to make different circles will likely need that one. Also because this will be on github it can't be an exact copy/paste of ingame stuff ideally (all my stuff is slightly different as you will see from the game stuff).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Yes Awu that is great, if you could change the way the rocks lookthat would be wonderful, the position of the rocks is good : )

Reisen

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
All right thanks guys, I suppose one more gen 3 would be okay, but there isn't a huge amount of variety so I'm fine with all that for gens 3/4.

Last edited:

Reisen

I was wondering Layell if you had any idea of what kind of "new design" we can make for the 2nd gen background ? Because I really don't see what changes we could do, gen 1 and 2 had similar battle backgrounds.

In the OP it says "Fangames that will never finish", does the personal modifications that someone usually do just for fun enter in that category? :P ...
If not, i would like to request if someone can do a Sprite of Mega Hydreigon
Front and Back at no more than 64x64 with DPPt/HGSS Style and for the Icon, at least 1 frame, at no more than 32x32
I don't lose anything by trying, Thanks in advance for reading <3 ...

Btw, i'll leave here this little one.
It's the first recolour/semi-fusion (?) i ever made.
It's called "Vilee" and it was created with the Pokemon Fusion Page.
Also, i've decided to make it after seeing Darksilvania's FanArt in DeviantArt
As it's easy to note, it's a Fusion between Hitmonlee and Vileplume.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
hey if anyone could make me a custom trainer sprite of jotaro from jojo or knuckles from sonic boom, itd be greatly appreciated!

Ping_Pong_Along

Bitches love underscores
I'd like to request a new banner for my RU Matchmaker Thread. I think it'd be really cool if was styled around the Dating Game, with Meloetta in a dress and had as contestants dapper versions of some common RU mons like Emboar, Tyrantrum, and Mega Abomasnow. I love the idea of Mega Abomasnow in a tux with combed hair, looking nervous instead of ferocious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)