Smog Awards 2016: Results

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I must be the only dude in the whole world who doesn't like Lillie, not even sure how I got nominated for that one. I didn't say anything because I just wanted to win something but yeah Pearl deserves it most.

I don't know how cant say won best Battle Spot player either, he is sobad (in all seriousness, he should have gotten second). Theorymon should have won, he's a top ranked player in almost every ladder and literally won an entire metagame; that is forever. But oh well.

Oh also Psynergy should have won for the VGC one, but I guess we didn't do a good enough job publicizing the bus story.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Since Social Media Contributor is a bit unevenly weighted in my favor, I want to show my immense appreciation for all of my fellow social media contributors.

They've all shown such dedication and have provided quality contributions to social media, which is essentially the face of Smogon to those uninitiated. That has an importance on this site equal to any other project. The script writers, the video content creators, the thumbnail designers, the Twitch streamers and casters, the dedicated artists that produce gorgeous, high quality art pieces in very short periods of time, the Pokemon of the Week/Pokemon Spotlight writers, the GP and QC members that offer their time on top of C&C to assure content is up to par, the Giveaway team that hatch, breed, clone, and distribute competitive sets for our giveaways every god damn week... I'm just here to make things run smoothly - the meat of the project could not be done without all of you. We came a long way in 2016, so I'm sure we can go even further this year.

All of the above people have contributed greatly to social media in some form or fashion over the past year. If I missed you from this list, leave me a scathing profile comment. You're still a valuable contributor, it's just difficult to keep up with everyone that's done something. But I still love you and appreciate you.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Thanks Max. Optimizer for alerting me I won Best OI Poster! :D

Thanks everyone who voted for me! :D I always try to make sure my posts are interesting and/or entertaining to read. I can admit I most of time sometimes miss the mark and my posts can be a bit long, but I hope for the most part I achieved in making most of my posts something worth reading. This year I also started participating in the Flying Press on JAPE articles which has been fun to do! I'll continue to maintain and improve my posts and article pieces to keep them worth reading. :)

Special thanks goes to the many frequenters of the OI, especially on the threads I frequent, and to the JAPE crew!
Max. Optimizer Codraroll DHR-107 Kurona Karxrida Xen Rapti Siggu pika pal stage7_4 Suspicious Derivative Darth Manaphy Cresselia~~ hypno28 Taistelu Altissimo Norne Oriolous Fluke Silver_Lucario42 Integer Mova ZettaiRyouiki CTNC jordanthejq12 antemortem BlizzardHero Gokuzbu Random Passerby Odd Sponge Out Carrier PsychicAcademic noobcubed WaffleTitan HelenTheHero Corrin Tasellus R_N Detective Barricade thdhted QuickBH Kanburi Prof. Almeida Antihaxxer LightningLord2 Talpr0ne Hyper Cutter Gravelmouse Darklatias92 Meta-Kraid skylight FellFromtheSky Tikitik Recreant {Pokemon_Vigilante} RODAN Aurora GatoDelFuego The Dutch Plumberjack Toast++ Bummer Cretacerus anto

And to anyone and everyone else on OI and the JAPE crew I may have forgotten!

EDIT: For those wondering why I may have tagged you, in addition to tagging those I knew, I also looked through OI for those who made interested posts and who worked on JAPEs I was in. I hope to have future discussions or work on JAPEs with you all and other Smogoners in the future. ;)

I look forward to discussing with you all in the future and meeting more Smogoners! :D

Last edited:
Thanks Max. Optimizer for alerting me I won Best OI Poster! :D

Thanks everyone who voted for me! :D I always try to make sure my posts are interesting and/or entertaining to read. I can admit I most of time sometimes miss the mark and my posts can be a bit long, but I hope for the most part I achieved in making most of my posts something worth reading. This year I also started participating in the Flying Press on JAPE articles which has been fun to do! I'll continue to maintain and improve my posts and article pieces to keep them worth reading. :)

I look forward to discussing with you all in the future and meeting more Smogoners! :D
I hope that you do write flying press articles because they are coming out so slowly right now I support anyone that will help contribute

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why was Fireburn nominated for worst ct? Hasn't it been that for like 8 years now? That's just rude. Anyway idk how I helped besides maybe annoy Esmeya on irc (remember that program guys?) But thanks for the shout out :-p

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd love to thank my man Leonardo DiCaprio for this award

Also I'm surprised to see ABR didn't win most influential player when he broke the OU meta like 4 times

Also I don't remember seeing aim play in a really long time lol

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since Social Media Contributor is a bit unevenly weighted in my favor, I want to show my immense appreciation for all of my fellow social media contributors.

They've all shown such dedication and have provided quality contributions to social media, which is essentially the face of Smogon to those uninitiated. That has an importance on this site equal to any other project. The script writers, the video content creators, the thumbnail designers, the Twitch streamers and casters, the dedicated artists that produce gorgeous, high quality art pieces in very short periods of time, the Pokemon of the Week/Pokemon Spotlight writers, the GP and QC members that offer their time on top of C&C to assure content is up to par, the Giveaway team that hatch, breed, clone, and distribute competitive sets for our giveaways every god damn week... I'm just here to make things run smoothly - the meat of the project could not be done without all of you. We came a long way in 2016, so I'm sure we can go even further this year.

All of the above people have contributed greatly to social media in some form or fashion over the past year. If I missed you from this list, leave me a scathing profile comment. You're still a valuable contributor, it's just difficult to keep up with everyone that's done something. But I still love you and appreciate you.
don't worry I won best battle spot battler somehow

shoutouts Theorymon and qsns for knocking me out in the second and first rounds of our first two tours!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shout-outs to QxC4eva for making my amazing avatar. He's a fantastic 3D modeler and you should check out his work in the CAP 3D Modeling Project thread. I can finally retire it knowing that I won the big one. I'm about to change it now, but as I do, let's take one more moment to thrust along with Mega-Blaziken.

You've had this avatar since at least November 2015, I gotta say not changing it for all of 2016 just to campaign for best avatar is pretty impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)