Smogon Fantasy Basketball '17-'18

Mizuno did you set the right time...it's currently set at 9:45 pm EST...

I thought there was a new rule where a player needed to be on a team X amount of time in order to be retained?

Sorry for being absent in the thread.
Hmmm, wouldn't that be 9:45 EDT, due to Daylight Savings Time? In any case, it should be 1:45 after the re-draft league draft.

It was something that was considered last year, but decided against it. I posted about it late last season (here). From that message, I implemented the "keeper transfer" rule for trades. We could discuss implementing something similar from dropped players, but decided to start with just this for now.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hmmm, wouldn't that be 9:45 EDT, due to Daylight Savings Time? In any case, it should be 1:45 after the re-draft league draft.

It was something that was considered last year, but decided against it. I posted about it late last season (here). From that message, I implemented the "keeper transfer" rule for trades. We could discuss implementing something similar from dropped players, but decided to start with just this for now.
You're right, EST isn't the same as eastern time atm. I'd prefer to add that rule for the record, I actually dropped a player at the end of the year under the assumption that rule was in place.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Everything looks good on my end. Example of why I want the keeper has to be on team for X time rule implemented: I dropped the then injured avery bradley for a puncher's chance at beating stallion in the semis. Now that he was dropped, his keeper contract resets for 2 years and rey, who picked him up, and can hold onto him at 9th round value this year and 8th round value next year despite him already being eliminated from the playoffs at the time. Just doesn't make sense to me or seem fair.

Pretty happy with my teams in both leagues.

Keepers ended up weird because the guys I kept were guards/wings and the only guys available with my first two picks were also guards/wings, so for the first time in a long time I'm ending up with a guard-dominant team haha

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So close to making the finals in both Smogon leagues, both matchups literally came down to the final game of the final day.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Good luck to whoever Silverknights is in the finals (I'm the guy playing you), but also fuck you because I don't think I've beaten you once in two years haha (I managed to avoid you to win last year, but I guess it was a matter of time). Was hoping Stallion would pull through tbh, with Porzingis and Blake out for me I think this week's already a done deal

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Good luck to whoever Silverknights is in the finals (I'm the guy playing you), but also fuck you because I don't think I've beaten you once in two years haha (I managed to avoid you to win last year, but I guess it was a matter of time). Was hoping Stallion would pull through tbh, with Porzingis and Blake out for me I think this week's already a done deal
It's Del Rio's dad.

Also my team peaked at the right time and was red hot down the stretch. I definitely would have backed it against either you or Del Rio had I managed to beat his old man. 3 assists short in the end of a glorious victory.

pray for me pls. lost conley, hayward, lin, boogie, vucevic for half the season, fournier, smart, and wesley matthews. in finals with a bunch of scrubs D:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Shameless victory post after the back-to-back. Wanted to give myself a pat on the back for rolling the dice on Victor Oladipo and LaMarcus Aldridge, who ended up carrying me for most of the season throughout injuries to Blake, Kristaps, Fournier, and Lin.

Gotta give some love to trikx_insane who finished as a top-3 seed for the second year in a row despite some of his higher draft picks not playing up to standard (Brook) or being injured for half the season (DLo). You're the guy I least want to face every year, along with my finals opponent SilverKnights. Also big ups to Stallion for coming into playoffs as the 6th seed but coming super close to winning it all (looking at your team I am a lot less confident about our potential matchup than I made it seem in my last post).

I'm obviously biased because I won but I honestly think this is a great league, everyone's active from start to finish, the waiver wire is super competitive, and I've learned a lot about various players and watched more games than I would otherwise. Thanks to Del Rio for hosting!

Congrats to Piñas (whose Smogon name I still don't know) for a well deserved 'ship win in Smogon keepers. Runner-up is more than I could have expected coming into this year after losing guys like Durant, Hassan, and Gobert, but I feel even better about my potential keeper lot heading into next year than I did this year.

Redraft didn't end like I wanted but when you have Curry, Love, and Gary Harris all injured come playoff time, and an underperforming Myles Turner all season, what can you do?

Thanks Del Rio, I'm the proud owner of the Piñas. A pretty cool win, given I drafted my team via gasoline generator in PR post Hurricane Maria.

It was definitely a good season and I had a lot of fun. The keepers pay out big for me as well as a few key draft picks. I was looking through the league history and thought it was kinda crazy that next year will be my 10th season. Though I rarely swing by the forums I do think its kinda cool that a lot of us keep coming back to play in this league.

Stallion

Tree Young
Thanks Del Rio, I'm the proud owner of the Piñas. A pretty cool win, given I drafted my team via gasoline generator in PR post Hurricane Maria.

It was definitely a good season and I had a lot of fun. The keepers pay out big for me as well as a few key draft picks. I was looking through the league history and thought it was kinda crazy that next year will be my 10th season. Though I rarely swing by the forums I do think its kinda cool that a lot of us keep coming back to play in this league.
Thought I had you beat in semis but you definitely deserved to win this year. Congrats!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)