Smogon Grand Slam V - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hi everyone! I am here once again to introduce one of our yearly official tournaments, the Smogon Grand Slam, fifth of that name! This time again, the ORAS tiers will get the spotlight, allowing you to play no less than seven metagames in a high-level tournament! ORAS Ubers, UU, RU, NU, PU, LC and Doubles will all be included in the competition for the coveted turquoise Trophy.

The format consists of seven separate tournaments: The UU Open, The LC Open, The Doubles Open, The RU Open, The NU Open, the Ubers Open and the PU Open. The main difference with the previous year is your possibility to join all seven tournaments. However, only your five best runs will count towards your qualification.

Points? Qualification? Depending on your performance in each Open, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour, Smogon Classics and previous years of Smogon Grand Slam (see this for further explanation). When all the Opens have been finished, the twelve players with the most points will qualify to the play-offs. There the battlers will duke it out in a single elimination best-of-five series (the lower then the higher seeds will each remove one of the metagame) until there is one Grand Slam champion.

Signups for each Open will be posted after the first round of the previous Open is completed. The hosts are allowed to play in the tournament that they are administering, as long as they elect someone else to create pairings. Here is the list of the seven Opens and the dates each signups will be posted:
  • The UU Open - July 7th
  • The LC Open - July 14th
  • The RU Open - July 14th
  • The Doubles Open - July 21st
  • The NU Open - July 21st
  • The Ubers Open - July 28th
  • The PU Open - July 28th
If there are any question, post in this thread and I will answer them as well as I can.

If a tier shift happens to occur during a round, it will not be taken into account until the following round. Keep in mind that this tournament is entirely ORAS and does not include metagames from past generations.

Best of luck to all involved!
_

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
in

TO BE IN MY HONEST OPINION PLEASE CONSIDER INCLUDING DOUBLES UNDERUSED

its the hottest shit on smogon right now;
PU barely got in why the hell would we put this unofficial garbage that 5 people play into it ?_?

Also accepting team donations for all tiers (I'll give you RU teams in exchange), I give credit when I win and don't shame you when I lose

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Yo for anyone who wants Ubers Team, i've a special tips for building for you
!pick groudon, Ho-Oh, waterceus, ekiller, klefki, drakrai, deoxys-s, deoxys-a, gira-o, xerneas, salamence, gengar, dialga
do it 6 times (or more if you pick 2 times the same pokémon) and you'll get a great team 95% of the time.
You're welcome guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)