Smogon PlayTCG Tournament #8 - Dark Explorers [Won by Mekkah]

Deck switching between rounds eh? I don't know how I feel about that... I kinda like it, but I also think it ruins the use of techs. Everyone will just go with pure builds.

It's the way my tournaments have always been. I have no way to check whether you guys do that anyway.

Anyway, we seem to be sitting on 3 people short for 32. Guess I'll just give 3 byes round 1 so we're left with 16 in round 2...

I'll put you down since if I wouldn't there'd be a bye anyway, but if I have to cut off people in the future to get a power of 2, the first ones to go will be the slackers.

If this doesn't hit 32 tonight then I'll just go ahead and play with 2 byes.

Round 1 Pairings

LonelyNess vs Calm_Lava
Jabba vs Stormfront
bharmalm vs kd24
iss vs Seven Deadly Sins
Mekkah vs zero2exe
Cassie vs Maaf
redhairedking vs zerowing
TalkingLion vs starmetroid
Alaka vs josetron
Crawdaunt vs Plusle
Cybertron vs Novaray
LudiImpact vs Steiner
dtrain vs Doteh
Atlas vs Nigglypuff
Huy vs rax
TEA DEMON vs TrollFreak

I booted out blazogold because he wasn't acting like he was going to make good use of a spot anyway.

Just to make sure:
- Cards from the Heart Gold Soul Silver expansion and onwards allowed, including Dark Explorers
- Matches are to be played out on playtcg.me, unless both parties agree to do it elsewhere (real life, skype, redshark, whatever)
- Best out of three, untimed
- Loser of game 1 decides who goes first game 2, loser of game 2 decides who goes first game 3.
- Join #TCG on SynIRC. It helps so much for arranging your tournament match as well as practice games, and it's fun to hang out with everyone else! If you haven't played on playtcg before, I really really recommend trying a few games beforehand. It's not hard, you just need to do it a few times. Also consider using #TCG as your chat medium to play your match out unless you're disrupting another battle/chat, people do love to spectate!
- PM your opponent and arrange a time and a date. It's hard to spontaneously get these done because matches do take up quite a bit of time.
- Please excercise good sportmanship and don't put your opponent in awkward positions. We do have a few people who are actually qualified for judging, so PM me/post here your ruling questions if you have any.
- Report the result itt s'il vous plait.

Deadline is May 19th, btw.

I didn't want to create a whole topic for it, but playtcg.me isn't working for me. Always gives me an error page when i click play on the homepage.

I didn't want to create a whole topic for it, but playtcg.me isn't working for me. Always gives me an error page when i click play on the homepage.
What's the error, what browser are you on, what OS are you on, do you have flash enabled or javascript blocked? It might be easier to come in to #tcg and ask for help there, also.

Steiner

Banned deucer.
I won game 1 against LudiImpact. We started game 2 and after a couple turns he told me that he had to go and to leave the game open so we could continue when he returned. He's been gone all day so hopefully we can play games 2 and 3 some other time. If it doesn't get done then I'm taking the win.

It's been 5 hours, I'm closing the game... I'll be on tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)