Smogon Premier League VIII - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Well... what can I say... what a season. We were so close of making POs...
First of all I would like to thank everybody in my team, you definitely deserved better:

Malekith My greatest rival in mons. Too bad we couldnt win SPL together :(

The_Chaser This has not been your season, you definitely deserved a better record. Still top RBYer.
Veteran In Love Tough season overall. You know I consider you one of the best GSCers ever. You have been active and you have been a big help in old gens.
undisputed Best ADV record, ADV classic winner... what a year. You have really dominated ADV this season.
ToF I couldnt believe I got you for only 3k... one of the best DPPers ever. It has been nice sharing team with you
Kevin Garrett One of the reasons we had a great ADV and DPP season, getting some important wins as well when needed.
We Three Kings Solid old gens player. You will do well in classic for sure.
dice Great team builder and great player. You deserve a trophy
reiku Bad start (flu sucks + lucked in your first game when you had the game won etc), but in the end you proofed why you are the ORAS GOAT.
Trosko Excellent team builder and one of the best ORAS players
PDC Really good season overall, getting some important wins in SM
-Snow One of the best SM team builders for sure. Bad start, but your wins in the last weeks were keys.
dragonuser I am sure you will get back to your best shape and will start dominating this game again. Not your best season, but your help in SM has been big.
Levi Amazing LC player. You played every week really well with some very cool teams.
Vubon The LC helper. You were also a big part in our LC success
Lord Outrage Really unfortunate DC when you had the advantage in your game... Your ubers teams were p cool.
Minority You got some really important wins when we needed them. Fk flu not allowing you to play last week tho.
I Am a Rookie You are the best dubs player I have ever seen. What a monster. Best of lucks in VGC this year bro
TheFourthChaser Another season together... too bad we couldnt win again. Gl in VGC as well Kimo.
Bomber. Great midseason pickup. You were a huge help in 2 of our worse tiers this season: RBY and GSC. You played p well.
Analytic Amazing team player, helping everybody in every tier. A big part in our ADV and DPP success as well.
xtra$hine Your teams are crazy and really fun to use. You were definitely a huge part in our SM getting better.
Updated Kanto You have potential to be a really good player. Ty for all the help in SM
Lednah The last part of the spanish core. You have been a huge help in both ORAS and SM building a ton of teams.
blarajan Useless indian that used to be the LC goat...

Special thanks to:
Conflict What can I say about you... really good player. Ty for helping us this season. Fk Typh tho.
Aeroblacktyl You can really build around nearly any gimmick and beat anyone. You are the gimmick master and one of the best players ever. A huge help this season.

panamaxis One of the best DPPers ever. Too bad you didnt have much time this year. You are one of my fav DPPers to watch.
makiri Best SPL manager

It is a shame that a DC decided the series, but we cannot really blame that, since we made too many mistakes that costed us some very important points.

Rooting for Scooters now. I hope my bros Crystal_ and Axel10 win SPL

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Prediction time :D
SM OU: reyscarface vs p2
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken

SM OU: Posho vs TheThorn
SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking
SM OU: Obliviate vs Welli0u
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Biosci
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Axel10
BW OU: Ciele vs Jirachee
DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama
GSC OU: d0nut vs Mr.378
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Crystal_

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
SM OU: reyscarface vs p2 - rey's undefeated streak is ended as p2's Metagross mercilessly gathers attack boosts every time it uses Meteor Mash
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello - Steve has all those lit ass squads with Necrozma, Pyukumuku and the goons but Anti has FLCL the genius on his team
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit - The canadian prodigy, son of Gouki and Krack, and earl of teambuilding will bring his A game and defeat the OLT III runner up if he stays #happyandnotnervous
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar - Mazar beat a lot of Ubers main but I think Hack is really hungry for a win so he'll unleash his full arsenal in this joust
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP - idk tbh I just wanted a 6-6 score
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman - Bowman is one of the few who were able to defeat Biosci in combat so I must predict him to win
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi - just don't switch Gliscor into a burning move ;)
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom - Ryan busts out yet another relic from BW1, but I predict that this one will actually work as Jayde brings his usual stuff
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome - Well when they played Malfoy flinched down a Bronzong so you never know
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin - UD's newest iteration of Grass type + Skarmory + Swampert won't surprise the Griffin but this should be a good one regardless
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan - Remember the last time these 2 played in SPL playoffs? Well McMeghan will get all that karma back this time and will not miss a single move, as BKC gets dismantled by Machamp. Why Machamp? Well obviously because Cross Chop has 100 BP, 80% acc, and a high critical hit ratio.
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken - zeb used RHYDON the GOAT while Tobes is one of the few faithfuls to the false prophet Golem so this is an easy one to predict

scoot scoot

sunday btw

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
[#1] Team Raiders (10) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (1)

I don't know the DOU one and can't predict against McM.

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (4) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (8)

I like both teams but I think Scooters are better.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
[#1] Team Raiders (7) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (5)

SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar - i don't get the mazar hate lol. this'll be a good one
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom - fangirling

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (6)

SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan - gunner's done well this spl but level 56's done better
GSC OU: d0nut vs Mr.378 - what a debut god damn

Last edited:
[#1] Team Raiders (5) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (5)

SM OU: reyscarface vs p2 | some people say he overperformed and had the weakest opponent every week, but u cant predict against a 9-0 player, i still think this can be a tossup matchup, p2 is way far from to be an easy opponent
SM OU: KratosMana vs Steve Angello | theyre both good players, but anti has been doing just better this season
SM OU: Nedor vs Eternal Spirit | another tossup game, im going with nedor because he has antis teams
SM Ubers: Hack vs Mazar | he still didnt lose a single uber game this season
SM LC: Kingler12345 vs OP | no idea here tbh but it seems to be a bit better from what other people says
SM DOU: Stax vs MajorBowman | better player imo
ORAS OU: TDK vs Nintendi | hes a better player imo and hes hot rn
BW OU: Jayde vs Tokyo Tom | the second 9-0 of the team the season, cant predict against him even if i think this is a tossup matchup
DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome | they both have been doing p well, but i think tama is a batter player overall and more solid
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin | maybe not his season but still a great player
GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan | cant predict here, they both did a great season, so just hoping a great game here
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken | would like to predict the zebs win since we were teammates once, but all what i know about him in this tier is his game vs Peas

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (6)

SM OU: Posho vs TheThorn | i think hes better but maybe he ends up choking if he cant manage the pressure
SM OU: Finchinator vs Tricking | better player imo
SM OU: Obliviate vs Welli0u | obliviate has been doing p well this season
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Gunner Rohan | better player than what his record shows
SM LC: ZoroDark vs Star | ^
SM DOU: DaAwesomeDude1 vs Biosci | great season for him
ORAS OU: Genesis7 vs Axel10 | rooting for my mate, has been onfire for too long and i dont think he will fuck up now
BW OU: Ciele vs Jirachee | tossup, im giving ciele the edge but waiting for a great game
DPP OU: Mael vs Philip7086 | mael is a good player but i think that philip is great and has way more experience in these situations
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama | another tossup but i think dekzeh is better in this gen
GSC OU: d0nut vs Mr.378 | mr.378 was having a great season but he started losing lately, exactly the opposite to d0nut, anyway they did p well overall, tossup imo
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Crystal_ | he created the rby were playing rn, cant predict against him

Rooting for tigers or scooters to win it all

PS: My first post was only for the last season sharks team, not for their new members, so dont take it personally.

Last edited:

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
[#1] Team Raiders (8) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

DPP OU: roscoe vs Tamahome - should be a good one
ADV OU: UD vs JabbaTheGriffin - cone on janna
RBY OU: Tobes vs Zebraiken - I've heard good things about Tobes from peas

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (3) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (6)

(ok i kinda know finch)

ADV OU: dekzeh vs Ojama - rly good fight

gl everyone, lookin forward to some nice clean battles

Last edited:
I was really glad to have been a part of the sharks this season. Even though the way we went out wasn't pretty, it was loads of fun being on a team with some of the best players on the site, it was a pleasure playing with you all

Kevin Garrett I can't believe we got to team up 2 years on after I first met you for WCoP. It's been a good time being on the team with you. don't leave mons yet, yeah?

ToF You went for 3K... It was awesome being on the same team after last year's Asia fiasco and I'm glad you are back this year. See you around :)

M Dragon My first memory of you was Valentine OST series in 2K15 :P Back then I didn't think we'd be playing on an SPL team, your help across a multitude of tiers was awesome and the visuals that you produced week in week out were so helpful. Thank you for drafting me I really appreciate it, learnt a lot

undisputed Holy shit you rocked in ADV this year, watching you win week in week out was awesome and testing and speaking with you made me so much more knowledgeable at the tier. I'll be driving up to your college to give you that punch soon, dw :P See you around :)

blarajan useless guy tbh. Was nice being on your team again though, Asia fucked up last year but you didn't expect the POs anyway!!! See you as a benchwarmer this year sucka

The_Chaser Bomber. Veteran In Love I know the records don't seem to kind to you, but y'all are such good players. It was nice teaming with you

dice We Three Kings "We're losing we're losing" was your favorite dialogue to spam and doing nothing productive was your 2nd favorite. You suck at FIFA too, most likely, kill it in Classic this year. Dice you deserved a trophy don't kick yourself for that choke, happens to the best of players sometimes.

reiku Trosko Spaniards are the best ORAS players I saw this firsthand this SPL. you were beasts dudes, see you in WCoP and you reik, in FIFA :D

-Snow Lednah xtra$hine Updated Kanto Y'all were excellent to work with. Xtra you're a madman that's all I'll say, lost to a Eggy tho lol u suck. Snow it was nice being on your team you're such a creative player and builder see you around :) Lednah your teams were awesome, you supported reik very well throughout. Kanto you choked your SPL debut but I think you are one of the better SM players out there and I wish to see you sometime in WCoP or SPL again

Levi Vubon You guys did amazing to pick up the wins that you did for us, madmen

I Am a Rookie Don't let the way it ended for you set the tone for your time in the tour, you're actually such a madman I hope you stick around and stay slaying

PDC You were killing it when I joined in 2K15 and even though you dipped last year, you've been a beast this SPL and it was awesome teaming with you. Mezzanine nicks always win!

Minority Lord Outrage Nice dudes to talk to I hope I see you around sometime

///////////

Stathakis You prolly won't see this anytime soon but thank you so much for helping me when I first joined here, I hope real life is not treating you as bad as Arsenal treats me :')

njnp Zamrock I think this SPL was the tour where you were stopped being looked at as memes. NJNP you're such a good player man, we have come a long way since my "Sandman" days and I'm so glad we met when we did, wreck in OST this year too. Zamrock you were such a beast this season and it's been really cool to watch you play the way you have since I joined. You two deserved to make playoffs this year but alas, hope you don't get lucked so badly next year

Finchinator STour 21: That BW game was where I met you is something I won't forget for a while and I'm glad you made POs, go killem yeah? #FINCHTOUR23

obii Posho I will be rooting for you in POs go gettem my dudes

Love all of u dudes, pce

Posting to say that my last post calling into question the ethics of the TDs was probably a bit much. I had a conversation with Ginku and he cleared up some things that took place behind the scenes which explained why the decision took extra time. As someone who had been in that situation before, I totally get it. I owe Ginku and M Drag an apology.

Ok with that out of the way, I'm looking forward to this series. Good luck BIGS.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Thanks for the fantastic season, sharks. Overall I thought it was a very fun experience, and it was cool to see how some of Smogon's all time greats are actually quite down to earth.

M Dragon The only things I knew about you before joining the team were that you were friends with Sken and shared the correct opinion on how the Porygon suspect should have gone down. After this season, I can rest assured that all of the nice things Sken says of you are true - between your helpfulness and battling ability, I cannot have wished for a better manager. Thanks a ton for the opportunity to play on the sharks this year.

Vubon I guess your reputation so far hasn't been super good, but I definitely think you have what it takes to turn things around. Between your ridiculous enthusiasm every single week and of course, you just being a wonderful friend, I don't think I would have been able to do very well without your help. But for the love of god, just because you flinched my sash Surskit 7 out of 8 test battles doesn't mean I should switch to scarf

ConflictKevin Garrett For the most part, I think our overall team attitude was positive and a big part of how we were able to do quite well even though luck generally did not favour us; you two in particular really stood out when it came to helping to make sure we stayed motivated.

And to everybody else on the team; I don't think I should tag everyone when I didn't make much of an effort to try and chat with you guys, but you were all really great. I hope to see you on the same team for future SPLs.

Levi Not sure who this is, but judging by the shoutouts you've gotten, it looks like you were a pretty great LCer for the sharks

---

I got a lot of help for tests from non-sharks in the LC community and wouldn't want them to go unacknowledged:

tko Since my days as a young child in the underground, I have looked up to my idol in all of competitive Pokemon battling: the krystal onix. Every time I see one of his squads, I pray to have him on my next Premier League team; every time I watch one of his sick plays, I hope that he will soon notice me. When I'm in doubt, I ask myself, "what would tko do?" Truly, he is one of the greatest LCers of all time.

League-O Fan Club - When I think of "Little Cup teambuilding genius", the first user to come to mind is always trash. Of the more respected LCers of today, we have ggggd, who builds solid but boring teams and wins, and we have Heysup, who builds interesting teams and loses. trash combines the best of both worlds and then some; it wasn't until I began testing my teams with him that I came to realize just how weak my teams were to Life Orb Onix and Sandygast. Without trash's help, I doubt I would have been able to overcome my slump during the second half of the season. Also his young sidekicks mad0ka and Andy

LeGOAO Fan Club - Star Heysup I'd say something about how you guys are still definitely among the best LC players around, but honestly, your egos are so big that you guys probably still think you're better at LC than I am no matter how easily I crush you every time. GOAO it was a bit disappointing to have you kick us out of playoffs like that, but I can understand how as a close friend of Star's, you wouldn't want me to mercilessly slaughter him a second time.

Honestly, you're all super fun to have around as friends, and really helpful to be able to test with. SPL wouldn't have been the same without you.

Kingler6.25

The other people who I tested with as well - off the top of my head, Nineage Dundies Kaboom Serene's Grace OP Antgeezy Sken WaterlessMelon

sparktrain TheFenderStory Coconut Quote and above all, Aerow - without your efforts, LC might not even be a tier right now.

Wassup sharks, dont u remember blara losing on purpose to get the cryos out of playoffs last season?
Im sorry for guys like reiku, trosko, analytic (not looking your entire rooster)... too bad the karma appeared this season and not before
What are you talking about? Those looked like regular blarajan plays to me

Conni

katharsis
VAMOS TIGRES

also here's some predictions
[#1] Team Raiders (5) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (7)

GSC OU: BKC vs McMeghan - very hard to predict imo but leaning to BKC

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (9) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (3)

Last edited:

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[#1] Team Raiders (7) vs [#4] Circus Maximus Tigers (5)

[#2] Ever Grande BIGS (9) vs [#3] Indie Scooters (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)