1. The moderators of this forum are Jirachee, idiotfrommars, Luigi, M Dragon, Malekith, Mazinger, Pearl, Quite Quiet, TDK, and Tony.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Smogon Snake Draft I - Introduction

Discussion in 'Smogon Snake Draft' started by Luigi, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Altariel von Sweep

Altariel von Sweep thanks mr skeltal
    is a Smogon Media Contributor

The meme ride NEVER ends.

Brace yourselves.
  2. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yo can I get some sort of pity trophy. My competitive Pokemon career can't get any more disappointing at this point so I've earned it.
    IronBullet, bynum, Void and 68 others like this.
  3. Eternal Spirit

Eternal Spirit VIPAH
    is a Tiering Contributor

mazar is so bad at pokemon lmfao
  4. Kingler12345

Kingler12345
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

So, uh, about that "karma" thing...
    CKW, SparksBlade, pancake and 31 others like this.
  5. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus staring in the devil face but ya can't stop laughing
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

6. DragonWhale

DragonWhale It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Bit of an overkill but the notebook delivers.
    BPGXMG, imsosorrylol, -Niko- and 16 others like this.
  7. tennisace

tennisace cardiac cats
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Administrator

me too thanks
  8. teal6

teal6
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I apologize to the Tigers and the rest of SPL VIIIs players that I allowed this to happen under my watch.

I simply cannot understand those who seek to remove all element of tactics from a game such as this. For me, Pokemon is almost entirely about internal validation - "am I smart enough to win this game?" When you remove all of these factors, when you make it so that you will win 99 out of 100 times, you are seeking only external validation - a "GOAT" in SmogTours chat. To me this is such a sorry state of being.
  9. Tokyo Tom

Tokyo Tom Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

whatever my name will still be immortalized in smogon history. now just waiting on the ESPN 30 for 30

[​IMG]
  10. Genesis7

Genesis7 LOIC stay loaded
    is a Tiering Contributor

The only way an online gaming community remains intact and running is if people play fair and show sportsmanship. It's incredibly easy to cheat when you aren't playing face to face, here we gain nothing by it, maybe 10k people maximum in the world will see your trophy, maybe 1000 will care. Play this for the fun of it, not for some intangible "fame". People who cheat and manipulate the system to win are not only pathetic, but they are actively tearing this site and this game down. If you find any enjoyment in playing this game at a competitive level you should not tolerate cheating of any kind.
    IronBullet, Void, Ahboep and 80 others like this.
  11. Gunner Rohan

Gunner Rohan

It only took 7 months of hoping and praying for justice, but in the end the wait was worth it. Shoutouts to my brothers obii and CrashinBoomBang for their tireless efforts in making this possible. Also, a special shoutout to every single person on Scoots and outside scoots who believed me when I said I was cheated, you guys are OGs. In the end, "karma" did strike and sent you all the way back to Grand Slam IV - hope you enjoyed your few months of fame you insufferable cheating piece of trash.

With Mazar out of the way, there is still a special leader of a special clan who will get ethered soon as well, get ready motherfucker you're next.

Love you Scooters brothers always, this was a long long time coming... scoot scoot

In the end though, if Scooters ever need me, and we have to do a tiebreak, I'll be ready.

GGUNNER
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 9:58 PM
    IronBullet, bynum, Rafooa11 and 118 others like this.
  12. soulgazer

soulgazer I FEEL INFINITE
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

13. TJ

TJ :thinking:
    is a Tiering Contributor

what goes in the wash always comes out in the rinse
    Aaronboyer and Romanticist like this.
  14. Sultan of Skook

Sultan of Skook

It seems we can't run a tournament without some major cheating scandal...
    Romanticist likes this.
  15. Energy

Energy
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I remember watching this game and thinking why does Mazar keep using substitute. Zygarde can just Extreme Speed. Now we know -- he knew Zygarde didn't have Extreme Speed. This is shameful, but I am really impressed by those who figured it out. Sorry to all the innocent members on the Tigers. Nobody deserves this.
    WreckDra, Aaronboyer, Lednah and 19 others like this.
  16. BLINGAS

BLINGAS

17. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Tiering Contributorwon the 2nd Official Ladder Tournament

mazar feeling like this

[​IMG]
    MrAldo, -Niko-, Santu and 16 others like this.
  18. -Snow

-Snow
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor

Just woke up and saw the post.
    How the heck is possible that every official tournament has to end this way? What's the point of playin a 3+ game on an unofficial site if not just havin fun and prove yourself you're good?
    You win no money, you're not becoming famous and the range of people that will see these extra pixels under your nickname is extremely low.
    I personally find cheating not just uncorrect and pointless, but it's kinda boring too. Playing matches you're going to win the 100% of the times, is that really exciting? And most important, you're playin in a team tournament, man. This means that if you have an unfair behavior, it will effect not just you, but every mate too, even if they act properly. Play the game if you enjoy it. Sneaking, cheating, ghosting... That's not what I'd define "enjoying", honestly. Thats prolly the attitude of people who can't reach any personal achievement (in game, but prolly in life too) on its own and has to rely on unfair shortcuts like that.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM
  19. PDC

PDC heart beating faster and work is a disaster
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon champion

20. The Goomy

The Goomy Whitest Mexican Alive

21. SparksBlade

SparksBlade blood heats skin prickles you kindle something in me
    is a Pre-Contributor

and the banner too
  22. starry blanket

starry blanket
    is a Community Contributor Alumnus

are germans the new italians now
  23. Exiline

Exiline the flyest
    is a Tiering Contributor

24. Bughouse

Bughouse Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

When Germans ghost, is it called geisting?
  25. Eternal Spirit

Eternal Spirit VIPAH
    is a Tiering Contributor

He still has a SPL trophy tho
    Romanticist and Tokyo Tom like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. The Goomy